The Witcher 2 Premium Edition $39.99

Does anyone know if the Premium version is staying forever? I'm playing the first Witcher right now (amazing game), so I think I will wait until Black Friday to buy TW2 from Amazon. I want those extras though...

[quote name='AceSam14']Does anyone know if the Premium version is staying forever? I'm playing the first Witcher right now (amazing game), so I think I will wait until Black Friday to buy TW2 from Amazon. I want those extras though...[/QUOTE]

There's is no standard version. The premium version is standard. So as long as the game is in print, yes.

hot damn! i wanna jump on this, but i'll wait until i restart and beat the first game. hopefully by then they'll lower the price again.

Shorter as in 20-30 hours minimum, with a second act that has two entirely different towns, npcs and quests to do depending on your choices.

[quote name='Vortextk']Shorter as in 20-30 hours minimum, with a second act that has two entirely different towns, npcs and quests to do depending on your choices.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, can you visit the town you miss or do you have to do do an entirely different playthrough?

I'd like to get the CE but it's pretty much MIA and for better or worse I believe it was pulled from Amazon for a really high level of returns.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Out of curiosity, can you visit the town you miss or do you have to do do an entirely different playthrough?

I'd like to get the CE but it's pretty much MIA and for better or worse I believe it was pulled from Amazon for a really high level of returns.[/QUOTE]

Why would they have such a high level of retuns

[quote name='z3razerviper']Why would they have such a high level of retuns[/QUOTE]

Check the reviews for the CE, apparently the main draw, a statue, was consistently damaged due to poor packaging and many of the reviews mentioned multiple returns to get a copy in good shape.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Out of curiosity, can you visit the town you miss or do you have to do do an entirely different playthrough?

I'd like to get the CE but it's pretty much MIA and for better or worse I believe it was pulled from Amazon for a really high level of returns.[/QUOTE]

It is a story choice that puts you in the position of which act 2 you see as a player, there is nothing you can do to see both at once as it would be similar to saving and harvesting the same little sister in bioshock.

This is the best RPG I have ever played. Not ultra-linear like FF, and not overwhelming open like Oblivion. Great balance of story telling and free roam.

Do you have to play the first Witcher to understand the second or is it completely different storylines/characters?

[quote name='JeriKu']Do you have to play the first Witcher to understand the second or is it completely different storylines/characters?[/QUOTE]
Not really to understand it but your bar buddies and Triss were main characters and all have backstory from the first game. If you were to simply dive right into two, you probably wouldn't pick that up.

The game is short and I easily beat it in under 25 hours while trying to explore and do every side quest I could find. Sadly, that's because chapter 2 is split by decision per playthrough. While I have no real desire to play it again right now, there's more content by choosing differently in chapter 1. All your saves are accessible, so you can easily go back and just replay chapter 2 differently if you want though.

[quote name='JeriKu']Do you have to play the first Witcher to understand the second or is it completely different storylines/characters?[/QUOTE]

It might be encouraged but I didn't and probably won't play the first. It's really disorienting in the beginning, but you eventually get into the swing of things. The story, for the most part, is all new stuff. Character relations and some flashback stuff are the only bits that aren't explained entirely well meaning no one over just stops the game and sits there and goes on and on with exposition for 30 minutes catching you up to speed. A lot of stuff is in the ingame journal and if you pay attention you should be fine, it just doesn't stop and hold your hand like a 6 year old watching a movie(a good thing).

I so wanted this. Already have the digital version but wanted the physical content.

But, Amazon is charging $120 to ship it to my country between import fees and S&H. What the...

I just came in here to say that they've announced its coming to 360 by year's end, which is great for me (Mac user).

EDIT: Great minds think alike...

[quote name='argyle']Thanks op, the parts for my new pc should be here tomorrow and this will be a great game to try it out with. :)[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much -the- game to try out. Don't feel bad if you can't run ubersampling, which 99% likely you can't, as turning that on is doubling resolution and then scaling down, but if the parts of your computer are new/good you can turn anything else on you like probably.

I'm running it everything on ultra high @ 1920x1080 but disabled ubersampling as it started to skip a little.

Game's the shit, just too good and you don't want it to end.

bread's done
Back