The Witcher 2 rated for the 360.

jbug617

CAGiversary!
witcher-2-esrb.jpg

Probably hear more at E3 and I think will be out in the Fall.

Nice! Just asked about this in the RPG thread a little while ago. Hopefully on consoles I won't be bothered with the controls like I was on the PC with the first game.

This would be awesome. I know it was rumored for PS3 and 360, but I'll buy it on either console if they only release it on one.

This game looks fantastic! But I have a mac...

Looks like a very cool game, I'm definitely interested. It sounds like there are some rough edges that could stand to be smoothed out though (see today's Penny Arcade).

Doubt they would censor it, isn't the sex 'n' gore one of the series' selling points? Unless they would have to tone it down to get an M rather than an AO.

It's about time. I still wish this game had a simultaneous multi-plat release so I'd have something new to play right now. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Doubt they would censor it, isn't the sex 'n' gore one of the series' selling points? Unless they would have to tone it down to get an M rather than an AO.[/QUOTE]

But the game is already M rated on the PC. And I never heard of the ESRB taking the platform the game is on into consideration when they rate it.

Also, off topic, but I never understood why nudity in video games is still taboo. You'd think recent games like the GoW series and Heavy Rain would put that to an end.

It doesn't really matter to me, it's just a curiosity because with the first game they did censor it for North America. However the Enhanced Edition patch uncensored it (Of course it was on PC, so there was an uncensored patch too). Just curious to see what they'll do to the console version different than the PC version.

[quote name='jacobeid']This would be awesome. I know it was rumored for PS3 and 360, but I'll buy it on either console if they only release it on one.

This game looks fantastic! But I have a mac...[/QUOTE]
me too I really want this game

:whee:

http://buy.thewitcher.com/

Just pre-ordered from Amazon.

Looks like the Enhanced Edition will be the Standard, and Dark Edition is for limited pre-orders, like Dark Souls CE.

edit;
Amazon France shows Dark Edition, hopefully that just means the US retailers haven't been updated yet.

Looks like U.S. retailers haven't updated yet, for the Dark Edition or the preorder bonuses. I've been watching this one for a while and it looks darn good. Even the regular edition comes with some nice bonuses.

Gamestop now has the Dark Ed for $100 online.
So far Amazon is only offering the Enhanced Ed with a digital comic book.

[quote name='KrizB']Gamestop now has the Dark Ed for $100 online.
So far Amazon is only offering the Enhanced Ed with a digital comic book.[/QUOTE]

Amazon had the Dark Edition up yesterday. Wonder if anyone is going to include any pre-order bonuses with this or the 'regular edition' - or will we see a DLC pass for later content included with all new purchases?

Hmm... I may have to drop on a pre-order on the Enhanced in the near future for those avatar awards and that strategy guide. I'm going to keep tabs on this thread. I'm just overjoyed this shit is finally getting ported let alone that it's supposedly happening this year.

bread's done
Back