The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide $23.99 @ Amazon

Thanks!  I was just thinking about grabbing this at best buy, so you saved me a few bucks (or made me actually choose to spend some).

Order Summary

Item(s) Subtotal:
$23.99

Shipping & Handling:
$0.00

Holiday Promotion:
-$7.20

Total before tax:
$16.79

Estimated tax to be collected:
$1.47

Grand Total:
$18.26

Holiday promotion??
Was some promo code they were running a long while ago for books or something. I have -$7.20 on my order of the guide as well, and the order was placed Nov 27th of last year.

Unless I missed a similar recent promotion, I don't think it's anything you can take advantage of now.

Is this gonna be one of those times where I think I can get it cheaper (since I've gotten CE guides for $2) and I miss out on it and kick myself later?  Yeah, it might be one of those times.

Pretty sure it's been this price on Amazon. I preordered mine over two weeks ago for that price. Amazon always seems to have the cheapest guides even before release. I got the CE Dark Souls guide for $13.xX, if I remember correctly.

After reading/watching reviews, I have decided to preorder this game. Seems worth it at $48 with $10 reward cert with GCU at best buy. Might have to get the guide too... Will have to think on this and decide by next week. Seems worth it for $24.

Price went up on the guide a little...
Up to $24.68, which is $0.69. Not that bad.

Here's what it comes with:

EXCLUSIVE! A Fractured Land: Tales of the Northern Realms - This 96-page compendium of biographical notes, lore, and exclusive marginalia art is filled to the brim with information about the important people, places, and legendary heroes within the world of The Witcher. Compiled and curated by David S. J. Hodgson and the story team at CD PROJEKT RED, this unique book can only be found packaged with this collectible, hardcover Collector’s Edition strategy guide.

The World of the Witcher Art Gallery - A vivid 32-page art section featuring concepts and designs that offer an intriguing perspective on the origins,look, and style of this ambitious game environment.

Complete Game Coverage - At over 500 pages, this guide includes all of the content featured in the standard edition strategy guide. Complete over 250 quests, upgrade to the best gear, craft the most powerful items, and discover alternate endings!

FREE Mobile-Friendly eGuide - Enjoy all the content from our printed strategy guide in a convenient, easy-to-use digital companion.

The version GS is selling includes a 2' x 3' cloth map, though that's a MSRP of $39.99 from them.

And if you're thinking about passing on it:

These limited edition guides will only be printed once. When they are sold out, they will be gone forever!
Mine will end up being $13.79 since I had that same 30% off promotion from BF weekend, plus $3 worth of book credits. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I secretly (or not secretly, I guess) would like this guide, but I feel like I'd be buying it just to have it, not to use it...

So between this and that other book "World of the Witcher", which would I rather have. At 500 pages this one probably has more content? Better question, which one looks better when I flip through all the pages? Which one smells better?   :whistle2:k

Pretty sure it's been this price on Amazon. I preordered mine over two weeks ago for that price. Amazon always seems to have the cheapest guides even before release. I got the CE Dark Souls guide for $13.xX, if I remember correctly.
It was $28.xx back in March when I preordered it, so I'm happy to see the price dropped. :)

Is this gonna be one of those times where I think I can get it cheaper (since I've gotten CE guides for $2) and I miss out on it and kick myself later? Yeah, it might be one of those times.
Back to 23.99 and fuck it, I ordered it. I just watched a review of the witcher 3 and I'm really excited for it.

So between this and that other book "World of the Witcher", which would I rather have. At 500 pages this one probably has more content? Better question, which one looks better when I flip through all the pages? Which one smells better? :whistle2:k
It's annoying that the smaller book (The World of the Witcher) is 28 bucks (with an MSRP of 40, what!?). I'd definitely pick that one up if it was 20 or less.

EDIT: Oh wait, that one just dropped to $23.99 too. Hmm... alright, I'll pick it up...

EDIT 2: Ehhhh, on second thought, yeah, it's better to wait for it to be less than $20. If it was more than 200 pages or had a larger footprint, I'd maybe take the plunge, but I think it's too expensive for how small it is.

Is this gonna be one of those times where I think I can get it cheaper (since I've gotten CE guides for $2) and I miss out on it and kick myself later? Yeah, it might be one of those times.
Look at the price now on the Dragon Age Inquisition CE guide.

Didn't realize that David Hodgson was doing this guide until today. Yeah, that made my decision easier.
He is hands down the best in the business.

Was going to maybe try for the Target deal on Tuesday, but now that I know its a Hodgson guide, its Collectors Edition all the way.

bread's done
Back