The worst of Super Nintendo

[quote name='BlueStorm781']
Mario Is Missing - First of all, this is an unoffical Mario adventure. Secondly, this is a video game that's supposed to be educational, and it fails at achieveing both levels. It's boring, stupid and disposable.
[/quote]

My friend and I borrowed it from the rental store when it came out. We shook our head in disappointment that it wasn't something even close to Super Mario World. As gamers who still needed something to do that night (and not let the $4 go to waste), we spent the night beating it. Such a waste...

The game I could never get into (and I know this was for Genesis) was Ecco.

[quote name='PawnTakesKing']Anyone mention Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest yet?

I played this right after beating FF2, and it was a major "WTF?" moment for me.[/quote]

It's different, and not as good as FF2...but I still enjoyed it. I still have the cartridge for it.

Mystic Quest was technically my first rpg. Even at 8 years old, I didn't really like it that much (it was boring and too easy even then O_O) FF4, 6, and Chrono Trigger were my next 3 :applause:. To this day, I still count FF4 as the real first rpg I ever played...even though it was actually the second ^_^.

I never played Magic Quest but I remember reading that it was made to be "My first RPG" kinda game. Made for people that have never played a traditional turn-based J-RPG before. It looked very bland.

Look, I know it was licensed, but I remember being pumped about Batman Returns. It's cruel what game developers and publishers did to kids back then.
Now, that I think about it, that's what the NES and SNES and everthing that came before it was all about. Just throw a bunch of shit at the wall and see what sticks. They thought a kid would never possibly think a game was bad.
Boy, were they wrong.
Of course, now I still love the IDEA of retro gaming. It seems really cool to hook up the SNES and toss in something that everyone considers a classic. Then I wonder what the hell I am doing with a state-of-the-art piece of tech (a 360, a...well, Wii) sitting there gathering dust while I jack around with something that likely should never have been released in the first place.
The only exceptions to this are Chrono Trigger and Earthbound. And Maniac Mansion. Putting a hamster in a microwave is an idea that never goes out of style.

[quote name='MrCress21']Look, I know it was licensed, but I remember being pumped about Batman Returns. It's cruel what game developers and publishers did to kids back then. [/quote]

You sure you're not thinking of Batman Forever? Batman Returns was a playable game in the same vein as TMNT IV: Turtles in Time. It was Batman Forever that was a abortion from Acclaim.

[quote name='ClassicGamer26']And I do enjoy a challenge. I absolutely love games like the Contra series, Castlevanias, the Japanese SMB2, Kid Icarus, and TONS of very difficult games. Hell, I even speedrun some of these games. It's just ZAMN is extremely difficult in the wrong way. It stacks up cheap bosses like crazy. It's like Deadly Towers bad. And the dning just adds that the unfuness.[/quote]
You know, I can see how you don't like ZAMN. The bosses are crazy unfair, saving all 10 people can be pretty hard, you get a lot of useless weapons, and so on.

But you can't say it's Deadly Towers bad.
NOTHING is ever Deadly Towers bad.

ZAMN... it was a hard game.. it probably should have been 50 levels shorter (didn't it have 75-100 levels i can't remember)...

it seemed like for every really tough level there were ones that were equally easy.. i routinely kept alive 7-9 people everytime (wasn't there a way to get an additonal person if you saved all in a particular round?.. but yeah.. it was hard.. but i got fairly far in the game.. i know i never completed it though..

Paperboy 2... i paid about 7 dollars for it (complete) and i felt totally ripped off. Fact i'd prolly give it away if i had someone to torture the game with. :p

Well the SNES nore any system really has any bad games since they all made it to the finishing board aside for StarFox2.

The worst thing out there has to be some sorta port like Earthworm Jim for example that has missing sounds, graphics, and such and such. However there was also a Saturn port of the game.

No not even that would the worst would have to be Sqau-Fu sitting in somebodys ware house 99 cent per box.

It probably is the worst to all my friends, but I feel that "UNIRACERS" was the best SNES game out there. I don't know what it was, maybe its the fact that you were racing on the candy cane tracks, or maybe the fact that you go faster everytime you do a stunt. Then again I was maybe in the 5th grade and I didn't know what the heck was good or not.

Uniracers_Cover_North_America.jpg

Here's some video to get you guys excited or not:hot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CCmt8Q_ASI

I'll give Mystic Quest my vote. What an awful waste of a good SNES cartridge.

[quote name='MrCress21']Look, I know it was licensed, but I remember being pumped about Batman Returns. It's cruel what game developers and publishers did to kids back then.
[/quote]

I think I still have Batman Returns, actually, and it's playable. Nothing spectacular, but not bad at all. Decent graphics that matched the tone of the film, too.

[quote name='Redie']Well the SNES nore any system really has any bad games since they all made it to the finishing board aside for StarFox2.

The worst thing out there has to be some sorta port like Earthworm Jim for example that has missing sounds, graphics, and such and such. However there was also a Saturn port of the game.

No not even that would the worst would have to be Sqau-Fu sitting in somebodys ware house 99 cent per box.[/quote]

...what?

[quote name='naturalskill808']It probably is the worst to all my friends, but I feel that "UNIRACERS" was the best SNES game out there. I don't know what it was, maybe its the fact that you were racing on the candy cane tracks, or maybe the fact that you go faster everytime you do a stunt. Then again I was maybe in the 5th grade and I didn't know what the heck was good or not.

Uniracers_Cover_North_America.jpg

Here's some video to get you guys excited or not:hot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CCmt8Q_ASI[/quote]

Uniracers is a solid game, in fact my friend just brought his Super Nintendo and Uniracers to school and I thought it held up quite nicely.

[quote name='E_G_Man']Uniracers is a solid game, in fact my friend just brought his Super Nintendo and Uniracers to school and I thought it held up quite nicely.[/quote]

Finally!!! a nice reply to all my posts:) Kudos!!!

I've been thinking a lot about it, and I think the ALL TIME WORST game was "The Rocketeer" I was young and thought hmm... this looks like a good game. Rented it from Blockbuster ( that's back in the day when Blockbuster just let you rent games for 3 days) You put the game in expecting to fly around as The Rocketeer. NOOO!!! You have to race your damn airplane around these poles. I didn't even get passed that. I played it for couple hours and just returned it right away.

10 year olds now a days are sooo lucky they don't have to deal with that kind crap game.

UNIRACERS for XBLA please!!!

[quote name='Antic']My friend and I borrowed it from the rental store when it came out. We shook our head in disappointment that it wasn't something even close to Super Mario World. As gamers who still needed something to do that night (and not let the $4 go to waste), we spent the night beating it. Such a waste...
[/quote]

Somebody got it for me for Christmas one year. It was terrible.

I did the same thing though, and beat it, one weekend when I had nothing better to do. (And that was back in the days when I didn't get many games.)

THPS was a remake of Uniracers.

I actually didn't mind FF: Mystic Quest. I was already an RPG junkie by that point, and still hopelessly in love with my SNES.

I still play ZAMN with the gf. It's awesome every time.

I must have blocked all the truly terrible titles from my mind, but man, Star Fox was awful. It's the worst SNES game I can think of at the moment.

:shock::shock::shock:

I absolutely loved Starfox. I realize it probably hasn't aged well but in 1993, it blew me away. I eventually got to the point where I was playing through it on a nearly daily basis. The hardest difficulty was a nightmare but very rewarding when you actually beat it. I was crushed when Starfox 2 got cancelled.

[quote name='Halo05']:shock::shock::shock:

I absolutely loved Starfox. I realize it probably hasn't aged well but in 1993, it blew me away. I eventually got to the point where I was playing through it on a nearly daily basis. The hardest difficulty was a nightmare but very rewarding when you actually beat it. I was crushed when Starfox 2 got cancelled.[/QUOTE]
I can appreciate that. I actually never played the original until after Starfox 64, so I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from.

Justice League: Task Force -- my first SNES game that I bought all on my own. I thought it would be awesome. How could Superman VS Aquaman or Green Arrow VS Darkseid not be awesome. But it was sad, very sad and extremely boring. Also, hippie superman is a memory of the 90s I do not need , just like electric superman.

This game's awfulness still haunts me to the day.

Justice League: Task Force -- my first SNES game that I bought all on my own. I thought it would be awesome. How could Superman VS Aquaman or Green Arrow VS Darkseid not be awesome. But it was sad, very sad and extremely boring. Also, hippie superman is a memory of the 90s I do not need , just like electric superman.

This game's awfulness still haunts me to the day.

bread's done
Back