The worst of Super Nintendo

[quote name='Puffa469']I remember Lester the Unlikely as being pretty decent. It played alot like Prince of Persia/Flashback.[/QUOTE]Ha ha, my friend gave me this disc full of random R0Mz0rs and that one was on it. I played it for a few seconds and found it hilarious, so when I saw the cart a pawn shop I just bought it on a whim.

[quote name='2fast_2fuhrer']fuck.[/QUOTE]

I do not know why people keep dissing this game. Although the idea of it is silly and such, the gameplay is not half bad. It may look like crap but I really enjoyed it, I must have beaten it 10 times.

hmm.. i have bill laimbeer combat basketball.. worst basketball game ever.. the premise is pretty cool (kinda like football meets basketball) but yeah mapping all the moves on one button.. lame..

any of the old arcade games that they transitioned over to SNES were pretty bad and not even compareable to the originals.. I'm talking like Street Fighters (while good didn't compare to a machine) the only one that I even liked a lot was NBA Jam..

no one missed that much in the 16 bit gen.. just a lot of really cool RPGs that were done for the first time. and if you liked 2d games this was the generation of choice.

Lester the Unlikely was average and reasonably fun.

Bubsy is by far the least fun SNES game I have ever played. I bought on release and was treated to a boring Sonic clone with balls of yarn and two dozen different death animations. After a few days of using it as a sleep aid, I returned it.

[quote name='Mafia']Votrex. I got it a few weeks ago thinking it would have to be decent or at least somewhat close in quality to the original Star Fox. Instead, the controls are terrible, morphing into different forms sucked, and other objects barely pop up on screen before I run into them. Just a terrible, terrible game and further proof that the only good FX game was Star Fox.[/QUOTE]

Stunt race fx got very good ratings and I thought it was excellent.

7. Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City

I loved that game.....

Also don't understand how anyone thinks clay fighter sucks.

And now, Danro's list of crappy SNES games he had the displeasure of playing:

Adventures of Dr Franken
Home Alone
Lord of the Rings
Syndicate
Tuff-E-Nuff

no one missed that much in the 16 bit gen.. just a lot of really cool RPGs that were done for the first time. and if you liked 2d games this was the generation of choice.

Ahem. I beg to differ...how can you say that when you have such NON-RPG gems as:

Contra III
Maximum Carnage
Starfox
Castlevania IV and X
Sunset Riders
Super Metroid (!)
Super Mario World 1 & 2, All-Stars
TMNT Turtles in Time

Just to name a few, not even getting into Genesis or TG-16 titles.

Has anyone actually gotten past level 4 on Bebe's Kids?

I just had to play it because everyone I know said it sucked, haha.

I feel bad for those who willingly chose, or for that matter, missed the 16 -bit generation. There are countless games that are simply awesome. For Genesis, Toe Jam and Earl, Gunstar Heros, Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Ghouls and Ghosts, Contra Hard Corp, Castlevania Bloodlines, MOST OF THE GENESIS SHUMUPS (MUSHA, Thundeforce Series etc) are all must haves, and for that reason the Genesis still gets frequent usage; more then my PS2 at least. Add that to secret vampire's short but excellent list and you have the beginnings of a fantastic 16 bit library.

Also, I always thought Final Fight for SNES, (the original) was garbage.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']I feel bad for those who willingly chose, or for that matter, missed the 16 -bit generation. There are countless games that are simply awesome. For Genesis, Toe Jam and Earl, Gunstar Heros, Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe, Streets of Rage, Ghouls and Ghosts, Contra Hard Corp, Castlevania Bloodlines, MOST OF THE GENESIS SHUMUPS (MUSHA, Thundeforce Series etc) are all must haves, and for that reason the Genesis still gets frequent usage; more then my PS2 at least. Add that to secret vampire's short but excellent list and you have the beginnings of a fantastic 16 bit library.

Also, I always thought Final Fight for SNES, (the original) was garbage.[/QUOTE]

you know... this is where i say its personal taste.. everytime i play a Shumup it feels like i'm the lone xwing taking on the empire with little powerups along the way.. it feels like it never strays from that formula. sorry.. not really a fan of shumups but i see their place in the gaming world as a legitimate genre (i mean look at Ikuraga for crying out loud.. i hope thats a shumup..) Einhander is.. and that one was kinda fun to play though..

but i mean if you didn't "live" the 16 bit generation you didn't really miss out on anything.. I mean everyone has played an 8 bit platformer.. in the 16 bit gen.. outside or very small changes, they all played the same. The thing I liked most about the 16 bit generation was the sprites... Chrono Trigger is the best example of how perfect a 2D game can look. (well to me anyways)

but bad SNES.. there were so many.. i mean every bad platformer to exist existed on the SNES.. Bubsy takes the cake though.. but all those disney games (while looking amazing) played exactly the same... one thing i did hate though.. the star wars games.. they are not what star wars games should be (like battlefront or Rouge squadron 2-3 or KOTOR) I don't know.. i like the games.. but i guess i was spoiled with newer gen stuff..

Final Fight for the SNES did suck.

MegaRobot Golf (SNES). Even worse than it sounds. I paid $1.00 (complete) for this game and felt ripped off. Would have gotten more enjoyment from a candy bar.

[quote name='WildWop']Spiderman/X-men Arcade's Revenge.

I went into this all excited, as I had recently played the great Genesis X-men game and expected that the addition of Spiderman could only help [back then I didn't fully understand the impact of how different developers approach creating games].

What I was met with was a poorly designed ["here's three lives, go beat 12 or so really difficult levels... without continues!"], ugly [small, unattractive characters] game that didn't exactly make spectacular use of the Spiderman or X-men licenses [see GOOD uses of them on the SNES with Maximum Carnage and X-men Mutant Apocalypse]. I used to play all my games to completion, without fail, but this was the first one that I can remember that I had no desire to finish. It was as if it was frustrating for the sole purpose of being frustrating.[/QUOTE]

This is all very true. I'm still convinced the Gambit levels took years off of my life. That game flat out sucked. The music was dumb, too. I can't believe I wasted my time on it.

[quote name='opportunity777']Chuck Rock, Rocky Rodent to name a couple[/QUOTE]
Chuck Rock was fun for the two to three levels I could actually get past. :)

[quote name='PsyClerk']Other notables: the Bubsy games (mainly the second one), Beavis and Butthead, American Gladiators, Hammerlock Wrestling, Lester the Unlikely, Incredible Hulk, and any game featuring the Simpsons.[/QUOTE]
No way! Bart's Nightmare was a pretty cool game.

I never really played any bad games, though Star Fox and F-Zero weren't anything I could get into at all.

[quote name='daroga']Stunt Race FX is pretty terrible too. I picked it up from EB at the start of the school year as I kinda like to see the evolution of things like this (where have the polygon games progressed from, etc.). But man, it only uses like 1/2 of the screen and still is running at about 4fps. It's pretty unplayable. At least someone had entered in the intials "TIT" as their name on the game before I owned it. That at least gave my friends and I something to laugh about admist our vomiting sessions from the motion sickness.

Stunt Race FX is available in my trade list now!!!! ;)[/QUOTE]

I used to play stunt race FX all the time when i was a kid! I loved that game! Especially the stunt races.. But that was before I had experienced 3D graphics on a Playstation or N64, so I guess a frame of reference means a lot when dealing with framerate issues. If you don't know any better, it doesn't seem that bad..

There is a pretty crappy version of Samurai Showdown on the SNES.. thats all i can think off off the top of my head.

The worst SNES game is Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Basically the SNES equivalent of Deadly Towers/Hydlide. Very unfairly hard, very repititive, the music is horrible, and the ending is unrewarding. It sucks so much that I cannot stand it.

People are deluding themselves if they think the 16-bit era was not much to miss.

the 16-bit generation was to 2d gaming what the PS2 era was to 3d gaming...

There were a ton of stinkers out there... but I enjoyed so many games back then I can't remember all the bad.

[quote name='willardhaven']People are deluding themselves if they think the 16-bit era was not much to miss.

the 16-bit generation was to 2d gaming what the PS2 era was to 3d gaming...

There were a ton of stinkers out there... but I enjoyed so many games back then I can't remember all the bad.[/quote]

Right on, man!

[quote name='Graystone']wizard of oz "I win"[/QUOTE]

It's not that bad.

Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball is pretty bad. Captain Novlin is pretty bad.

I don't think I could single out any one game as "The Worst." Maybe Rise of the Robots.

[quote name='ClassicGamer26']The worst SNES game is Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Basically the SNES equivalent of Deadly Towers/Hydlide. Very unfairly hard, very repititive, the music is horrible, and the ending is unrewarding. It sucks so much that I cannot stand it.[/QUOTE]

Your opinion is now officially worth as much here as paying someone to kick you in the face with the bottom of a golf shoe.

[quote name='spoo']The Tick was BAD.[/quote]

HAHAHA yeah we rented that steaming pile of turdy goodness. We didn't expect the level titled "Night of a Thousand Ninjas" to actually live up to its name, having to beat 1,000 of those mother effers.

And to the guy who posted the Nintendo Power 10 worst games of all time, Friday the 13th? For the NES? No way, there were MUCH bigger stink bombs than that. How can that even be on the list and Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde not be there?!?

[quote name='karkyco']And to the guy who posted the Nintendo Power 10 worst games of all time, Friday the 13th? For the NES? No way, there were MUCH bigger stink bombs than that. How can that even be on the list and &%@&#~! not be there?!?[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Hey buddy, we don't mention that game in these parts ;)

Ugh, @&#~! is one of the worst games ever too.

I actually planned on putting a list of the best (and worst) games by system, with the rule being the games listed had to be exclusive for the system.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Your opinion is now officially worth as much here as paying someone to kick you in the face with the bottom of a golf shoe.[/quote]

Guess what? I don't care. I'm allowed to think ZAMN sucks because it does. It's a childhood horror story and playing it is worse than mousetrapping a broken finger.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought I was at CheapAssGamer.com, not the Zombies Ate My Neighbors fan club.

Piss poor music. Repetitive gameplay. Crappy ending. Nearly impossible. Definately the worst SNES game ever. Even worse than Shaq-Fu.

[quote name='ClassicGamer26']Oh, I'm sorry. I thought I was at CheapAssGamer.com, not the Zombies Ate My Neighbors fan club.

Piss poor music. Repetitive gameplay. Crappy ending. Nearly impossible. Definately the worst SNES game ever. Even worse than Shaq-Fu.[/QUOTE]

Repetitive gameplay? Nearly Impossible? Crappy ending?

It was the 90s for Christsakes! Before they dumbed down games for the likes of you. I mean, you can say you don't like the game and that would be cool. To call yourself a classic gamer and then to say Zombies is the worst SNES game ever shows you to be a total dank stain, not even remotely credible to name a worse game ever.

I can look over at my SNES wall and name at least 100 SNES games worse. Easy. Truth is, I don't think a single person here would disagree with one of them, except you. And we've already proven your opinion as worthless as having your ass located on your elbow.

I guess no one has ever played Cool World. That was a stinkfest. I also thought 3 Vikings was pretty awful. But yeah, Home Alone did suck ass. So did Jurassic Park and True Lies.

[quote name='E_G_Man']If you thought the game was so awful and hard, why bother finishing it?[/quote]

So people cannot go "OMG! j00 jus h8 da gaym bicuz u suk at it!". I've mastered the game and all I got for is some pittiful crap.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Repetitive gameplay? Nearly Impossible? Crappy ending?

It was the 90s for Christsakes! Before they dumbed down games for the likes of you. I mean, you can say you don't like the game and that would be cool. To call yourself a classic gamer and then to say Zombies is the worst SNES game ever shows you to be a total dank stain, not even remotely credible to name a worse game ever.

I can look over at my SNES wall and name at least 100 SNES games worse. Easy. Truth is, I don't think a single person here would disagree with one of them, except you. And we've already proven your opinion as worthless as having your ass located on your elbow.[/quote]

Oh, so it just because it came out in 1993 it makes excusable to have some WINNER screen and another level as a "ending". No. Here are games that came out in the 90's (and earlier) that had better, more satisfying endings than this crap. Oh yeah and I'm only using games that came before ZAMN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9gd2yhKA_M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j76Om7W-4rE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSuVH4YgIx0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TnXbd4hwmo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkFybd5iMsE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP7ZPetrOME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pccY2-2oXec

And I do enjoy a challenge. I absolutely love games like the Contra series, Castlevanias, the Japanese SMB2, Kid Icarus, and TONS of very difficult games. Hell, I even speedrun some of these games. It's just ZAMN is extremely difficult in the wrong way. It stacks up cheap bosses like crazy. It's like Deadly Towers bad. And the dning just adds that the unfuness.

I AM a classic hardcore gamer. I really do enjoy classic games, from the NES, SNES, Genesis (along the the add-ons), TurboGrafx-16, Game Boy and hell even Sega Master System. I grew up with those systems and perfer them over the new ones. But just because I likee classic gamers does not automitically have to love terrible feces that is ZAMN. Tons of people like it but I don't. I've made no direct insults when I made my first post and simply stated my opinion. You just had the nerve to attack me because you disagree with it.

Bottom Line: NOT EVERYONE LIKES OR HAS TO LIKE EVERYTHING.

What, no one has said Drakken? I remember trading in some stuff for it because it was an RPG. That was a bad plan. Thankfully, one of the games I traded in was Sim Earth so at least I traded one turd for another.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors was okay but it's nothing special. I hate rescuing people in games, I'm here to blow shit up.

[quote name='Halo05']What, no one has said Drakken? I remember trading in some stuff for it because it was an RPG. That was a bad plan. Thankfully, one of the games I traded in was Sim Earth so at least I traded one turd for another.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors was okay but it's nothing special. I hate rescuing people in games, I'm here to blow shit up.[/QUOTE]

Well, if we're talking sh*tty halfassed SNES RPGs... Lagoon anyone?

[quote name='tangytangerine']What about Populous? That was another one of Acclaim's half-assed ports.[/quote]

Thank You! I wanted to say Populous, but a few of my friends swear I am crazy for not liking it, so I kept my mouth shut.

And let me add Revolution X for good measure. When I was younger I must of of had the patience of a saint to try to play that game.

Someone said Drakkhen. You know, this was my first RPG, and I actually really got into it and loved it. Looking back now, it sucks of course.

I also liked Populous a lot. It also sucks now.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Aliens vs Predator on the snes was a shitty conversion of the arcade game which was awesome.[/quote]

I wouldn't even call it a conversion, it was a totally diffrent game.

I really hated Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage. It was one of those games your parents buy you even though you don't want it. You force a grin and say "thanks" through your teeth. I felt like saying something, but I didn't want to hurt their feelings. Anyways like any kid starved for new games you play it anyways. That game was really hard and just pissed me off.

Ranma 1/2 Hard battle...i think it stood for half a game :roll:. I was 8 years old, but even then, I knew side by side, SFII turbo = classic, r1/2 = complete shit.

Finally, someone coming to the aid of this great game! How can anyone say F-Zero sucked? I simply don't get it.
I personally think Cacoma Knight in Bizyland is the most horrid excuse for a game. I didn't understand how to even play the damn game!

[quote name='facemeat']Finally, someone coming to the aid of this great game! How can anyone say F-Zero sucked? I simply don't get it.
I personally think Cacoma Knight in Bizyland is the most horrid excuse for a game. I didn't understand how to even play the damn game![/quote]

I don't think F-Zero sucked, but I didn't understand why everyone thought it was so great either. Bomberman is another game that falls into that category for me too.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I don't think F-Zero sucked, but I didn't understand why everyone thought it was so great either. Bomberman is another game that falls into that category for me too.[/quote]
The graphics on the game really blew me away when I was kid playing it for the first time and the game play was quite challenging with some of the most badass music.

I have a serious soft spot for futuristic racing games so I may be slightly more impressed by someone who isn't a massive fan of the genre.

i have to reiterate "bulls vs blazers" it is so boring.. the action is not very exciting (like on later "live 9X" titles)..

before I got Nba Jam TE I had 2 other basketball games.. bulls vs blazers and bill lambeer's .. so you have no idea how excited I was when I got a "good" NBA game.. anyways

lets see .. space ace was bad..

anything that related to movies/sports stars that were licensed just to do a game that was not based on the sport they played.

Wayne's World takes the BadSNES cake.

I think it's funny that "Zombies Ate my Neighbors" is on this thread and GameDaily had it on their list of top 20 SNES games of all time.

Waynes_World_SNES_ScreenShot2.jpg

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Bump for the newer CAG's and those who missed it the first time around. Here's a couple more I recommend avoiding:

-Radical Psycho Machine (RPM) Racing - It's very slow and the gameplay is abysmal at best. Fortunately, the engine was improved greatly in Rock N Roll Racing.

-ABC Monday Night Football - Lost in a sea of SNES football titles, and for good reason.[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!! I was looking for someone else who played that crap fest that was ABC Monday Night Football.

Anyone say Rap Jam yet? My God that game was the worst!

bread's done
Back