The WRESTLEMANIA 24 Wrestling Thread! Wooooooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Bezerker']on Impact they showed a closeup and did a nameplate for Robbie from the Highlanders, who was in the crowd, covering his face.[/QUOTE]
Not that. I was question marking the jet over the Citrus Bowl thing. :shock:

[quote name='Brak']Not that. I was question marking the jet over the Citrus Bowl thing. :shock:[/QUOTE]

Here's the news from TNAWrestlingNews.com.

[quote name='TNAWrestlingNews.com']According to a report by The Wrestling Observer, WWE has already learned of TNA's plan to fly a plane with a banner that reads something like "Watch TNA iMPACT! Thursday Nights On Spike TV" at some point over the Citrus Bowl during WrestleMania. The banner obviously won't make the PPV broadcast, but it is another example in the long line of battles between WWE and TNA this week.

There are also cars driving around with TNA's logo on them. The cars have been spotted at events featuring WWE stars and fans.

Fans are also passing out TNA flyers.[/quote]

Ew.

I've said it time and time again - along with others - that TNA would be a whole helluva lot better if they 1.) stopped acknowledging the WWE, 2.) stopped emulating the WWE.

At least I can watch iMPACT! for something other than big, dumb Rock'em Sock'em Robot matches from the 1980s.

That's not the only thing they are doing:

According to Dave Scherer of the Pro Wrestling Insider website, AJ Styles, Team 3D, Earl Hebner, and Kaz all showed up at WWE's Fan Axxess Tour at Universal studios and told fans to attend the TNA taping over the weekend.

Talk about whoring out the company.

[quote name='neocisco']I wants mah male nipples!

I couldn't believe that when I heard about it. You'd think if there was one guy who would have enough sense to refrain from something like this (especially since he has the most to lose) it would be Dwayne.[/quote]

where did you read that? lop, pwinsider, no one has anything... i feel like im the butt of the joke on this one

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't believe it.[/quote]

Yeah I don't believe it either because when booker t, and batista got into it. It was mentioned on wrestling sites. I don't see cena/rock mentioned anywhere.

I know some of us have made our predictions, so here's mine.

ECW Battle Royal - won by Kane
MITB won by Kennedy - opening match
Kane over Chavo - 2nd match
Undertaker over Edge - 3rd match
Mayweather over Big Show - 4th match
HBK over Flair - won't close the show, but probably should. - 5th match
Finlay over JBL - 6th match
Umaga over Batista - 7th match
Maria/Ashley over Beth/Melina - 8th match
HHH over Cena & Orton - 9th match

I think we'll see the return of Matt Hardy, probably in the MITB match. He'll end up costing MVP the win, setting up the hot summer feud that should have happened 6 months ago.

[quote name='PWTorch']WWE officials in charge of working out the Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather match are not optimistic about how it will turn out. Although the booking of the "no-DQ" match is designed to cover for Mayweather's inexperience in such a setting, the word coming from those working with Mayweather is that he's learning slower than anyone anticipated how to take part in the worked atmosphere of the match. Triple H has been assigned the task of trying to save the match from being a disaster by working closely with Show and Mayweather on the planning of it.[/quote]Sounds like this one's destined for a trainwreck. Too bad for Show.

[quote name='cdubb1605']where did you read that? lop, pwinsider, no one has anything... i feel like im the butt of the joke on this one[/quote]

You are the butt of a joke.

[quote name='JJSP']I know some of us have made our predictions, so here's mine.

ECW Battle Royal - won by Kane
MITB won by Kennedy - opening match
Kane over Chavo - 2nd match
Undertaker over Edge - 3rd match
Mayweather over Big Show - 4th match
HBK over Flair - won't close the show, but probably should. - 5th match
Finlay over JBL - 6th match
Umaga over Batista - 7th match
Maria/Ashley over Beth/Melina - 8th match
HHH over Cena & Orton - 9th match

I think we'll see the return of Matt Hardy, probably in the MITB match. He'll end up costing MVP the win, setting up the hot summer feud that should have happened 6 months ago.[/quote]

I think your dead on about matt. I think c.m punk will win the mib match. I kind of though that flair will lose. As far as the main event either cena or triple h will get it I'm leaning toward triple h.

Woooo I'm super excited for tonight. I can't wait for the PPV to start.

The TNA guys should be spending time improving their own show not trying to win over WWE fans during Wrestlemania weekend. TNA sucks and is even more boring that WWECW, and I didn't think that was possible.

ECW Battle Royal won by Festus/Dreamer
MITB won by Jericho/Punk
Festus over Chavo/Chavo over Dreamer
Undertaker over Edge
Show over Mayweather
Draw between HBK/Flair
JBL over Finlay
Batista over Umaga
Maria/Ashley over Beth/Melina
Cena over HHH and Orton

[quote name='JJSP']I think we'll see the return of Matt Hardy, probably in the MITB match.[/quote]

I think you're right.

TNA whoring themselves out at 'Mania just seems desperate. They already looked second-rate during their live show, and shit like having wrestlers go to WWE's Fan Axxess and pimp the company just furthers that belief.

Amazon's listing a new Flair DVD for 7/10.

Here's a video preview of the WrestleMania 24 set -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WNgqyIfuzM

Some pre-Mania news - http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=22482

Rhaka Khan was at the HoF ceremony, sitting with the developmental talent. TNA has a truck ready to go during 'Mania that will shill Impact, and they've got an area set up next to WWE's Fan Axxess area. Matt's been teasing that he'll be back tonight in either the ECW Title or MITB match.

While I'd prefer to see him come back in MITB, him being the ECW Champion would give that title a holder that the fans care a great deal about, and he could still feud with MVP in champion vs. champion matches, perhaps with MVP being the one trying to chase Matt's title instead of Matt chasing MVP's gold.

ECW Battle Royal won by Kane
MITB won by Kennedy
Kaneover Chavo
Undertaker over Edge
Show over Mayweather
HBK over Flair
JBL over Finlay
draw between Batista/Umaga
HHH over Cena and Orton
Kennedy over HHH

Not going to happened, but I figured I'd predict it anyway.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
HHH over Cena and Orton
Kennedy over HHH

Not going to happened, but I figured I'd predict it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Beyond bold predictions there. I'm not going to list all my guesses but here goes...

MITB - Shelton Benjamin (ok, this is more of a "wish" than a prediction, oh well)
Undertaker over Edge
Cena over HHH and Orton

I've got to hustle to finish my homework so I can get ready to constantly hit "refresh" on a wrestling site.

ECW Battle Royal = Marcus Cor Von
MITB = Kennedy
Chavo over Marcus Cor Von
Undertaker over Edge
Show over Mayweather
Flair over HBK
Finlay over JBL
Umaga over Batistia
Maria/Trashley over Beth/Melina
Orton over HHH/Cena
Kennedy over Orton

[quote name='Demolition Man']ECW Battle Royal = Marcus Cor Von
MITB = Kennedy
Chavo over Marcus Cor Von
Undertaker over Edge
Show over Mayweather
Flair over HBK
Finlay over JBL
Umaga over Batistia
Maria/Trashley over Beth/Melina
Orton over HHH/Cena
Kennedy over Orton[/QUOTE]

Marcus Cor Von? Do you know something I don't?

Undertaker is fighting for the Championship, right? I haven't watched wrestling forever, but I love Undertaker and even bought the DVD that came out a while back.

I'd love to see him win, especially if it's for the title.

oklahoma20jim20ross20ow.gif

:rofl:

[quote name='Rocko']Undertaker is fighting for the Championship, right? I haven't watched wrestling forever, but I love Undertaker and even bought the DVD that came out a while back.

I'd love to see him win, especially if it's for the title.[/QUOTE]

Yes he's fighting Edge for the Smackdown World Title (or whatever its called these days).

Now go be lame back in the OTT.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yes he's fighting Edge for the Smackdown World Title (or whatever its called these days).

Now go be lame back in the OTT.[/quote]

You're just jealous. We have all the donuts.

[quote name='Rocko']You're just jealous. We have all the donuts.[/QUOTE]

:puke:

I hate donuts.

Edit: Like I've said before if you don't like me then fine. Put me on your ignore list or whatever. I'm not here for your amusement and I'm certainly not here just so you can turn me into an mockery. So whatever problem it is you have with me either be an man about it and say it to my face or shut the fuck up about it and move on with your life.

BAH GAWD KANE! Just as I suspected.

But a 3 minute battle royal? Shit.

Quick predictions, since I forgot before:

MITB: CM Punk
Kane over Chavo
Undertaker over Edge
Mayweather over Show
HBK over Flair
JBL over Finlay
Batista over Umaga
Cena over HHH and Orton

I really hope we get a PPV stream.

[quote name='Matt Young']I really hope we get a PPV stream.[/QUOTE]

Good, now I don't have to ask. I was prepared to watch my first full show in a year, but not for $54.99.

This is why I'm glad I use PalTalk.. $15/month or $60 for a year, every time a PPV comes on, there's two or three wrestling rooms dedicated to streaming it live with video and audio. WWE, TNA, etc., it's all streamed on there live.

Or just go there and download the PalTalk program. The wrestling rooms are under the "adult" category.. you'll be able to watch a few seconds of video every now and then if you're a non-paying member, but the audio stream is free.

[quote name='Matt Young']BAH GAWD KANE! Just as I suspected.

But a 3 minute battle royal? Shit.

Quick predictions, since I forgot before:

MITB: CM Punk
Kane over Chavo
Undertaker over Edge
Mayweather over Show
HBK over Flair
JBL over Finlay
Batista over Umaga
Cena over HHH and Orton

I really hope we get a PPV stream.[/quote]

Other than Nosey McGee taking home the title, your predictions are my predictions.

I had this channel in my Sopcast history. No guarantee on how good it will be, and you must download Sopcast (free) but it works as of now.

SkySports1234

Just download and open the program and enter that as the channel number.

[quote name='Matt Young']I had this channel in my Sopcast history. No guarantee on how good it will be, and you must download Sopcast (free) but it works as of now.

SkySports1234

Just download and open the program and enter that as the channel number.[/quote]

It says "not valid." :cry:

Recently, to promote WWE The Music Volume 8.

Wow, you can record stuff from Sopcast? Nice. The remainder of Mania is going on my hard drive.

I don't know if anyone else suggested it, but using Matt's SOPCast idea, input the channel "WrestleMania 24-SKY Box Office" and, bam, WM 24! :mrgreen:

Ok, the stunts in this one are already better than last year's. I was at last year's but this one still kills it.

[quote name='Matt Young']
Wow, you can record stuff from Sopcast? Nice. The remainder of Mania is going on my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I almost did that but I'm sure it'll be up for download in the morning anyway.

[quote name='chasemurata']I don't know if anyone else suggested it, but using Matt's SOPCast idea, input the channel "WrestleMania 24-SKY Box Office" and, bam, WM 24! :mrgreen:[/quote]

I'm still waiting for it to finish downloading. Must be some heavy traffic, because it's only a 3MB file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back