The WRESTLEMANIA 24 Wrestling Thread! Wooooooooooooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Chase. I just had the link "SkySports 1234" in my Sopcast directory from an older WWE, TNA, or UFC PPV. I rarely use Sopcast and didn't know how else to help people find it.

Call of Duty after Mania? Eh?

HOLY SHIT! Shelton just topped Edge from last year.

[quote name='Demolition Man']RIP Shelton Benjamin[/QUOTE]

I got the imageof Jarrett as the Red Baron. Hilarious.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Omfgmatthardy!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Lies. BACKSTABBER OFF THE LADDER!!!

EDIT: My feed's behind I guess. Matt IS there.

R.I.P. Morrison's nuts.

My favorite MITB was the first since Edge won, and I was there live.

FYI, I will henceforth only be refreshing the topic and replying after matches from now on, so results aren't spoiled for me, since the feed's behind the live broadcast.

I can't believe they'd give it to Punk (the only person out of the 7 participants that I DIDN'T want to win) over the likes of MVP and Y2J. :(

[quote name='Matt Young']YES YES YES YES YES!!!

4 MITB matches, and every year, the guy I wanted to win has won. :)[/QUOTE]

But damn it.... I wanted Mr. Kennedy to win. :cry:

But Punk winning is coo.

I guess he'll be the first to lose after attempting to cash in. I can't see him going over Edge or Randy Orton. Maybe Chavo, but that kind of defeats the purpose of winning.

[quote name='KaneRobot']It still annoys the shit out of me that Finkel isn't the ring announcer for Wrestlemania. Every year.[/QUOTE]

I miss Finkle not being the ring announcer for Mania. His voice adds that Mania feel to the show.

[quote name='lmz00']I guess he'll be the first to lose after attempting to cash in. I can't see him going over Edge or Randy Orton. Maybe Chavo, but that kind of defeats the purpose of winning.[/quote]

I could see him going over Edge, but not Orton, or Cena and Nosey.

[quote name='chasemurata']I could see him going over Edge, but not Orton, or Cena and Nosey.[/QUOTE]
This is how they'll move CM Punk off of ECW. I'm totally fine with Punk going to Raw, losing the MITB match, and feuding with Jericho over the IC title all summer.

Useless fact: this is the second WM in a row where Teddy Long has introduced Batista.

I love when you can hear the meaningless babble coming from the wrestlers as they walk to the ring...usually you just see their lips moving...

Batista: "YEAH! RIGHT HERE! This is what it's all about! YEAH! Wrestle-MANYE-EE-AH! YEAH BABY!"

[quote name='JJSP']This is how they'll move CM Punk off of ECW. I'm totally fine with Punk going to Raw, losing the MITB match, and feuding with Jericho over the IC title all summer.[/quote]

It makes sense, given the finish. Jericho/Punk? Sounds good to me, too. :D

[quote name='chasemurata']I could see him going over Edge, but not Orton, or Cena and Nosey.[/quote]That would require Edge to beat The Undertaker, only to lose to CM Punk. As much as I want Edge to end his streak, both scenarios are unlikely.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Rain/thunderstorms moving in.[/quote]

I meant lighting wise. It seems like they've turned them up now.

Since the current match sucks ass (glad to see Batista getting booed a bit) I went to the WWE site and watched the "funeral" for Undertaker's streak from Smackdown.

I'm hardly the most sensitive person on the planet, but Vickie Guerrero sitting helpless in front of a casket with a wrestler she "loves" in it while screaming in terror was a bit...odd.

[quote name='Scorch']I meant lighting wise. It seems like they've turned them up now.[/QUOTE]

Oh. :lol:

Most likely they had the lights turned down since it was still daylight.

0/4 now. My predictions have sucked so far.

[quote name='KaneRobot']glad to see Batista getting booed[/quote]I was about to post the same thing. Too bad he won, although there's really not much they could've done with Umaga.

I like how Yumainga has lost EVERY. SINGLE. MATCH. he's ever been in... yet they try to pass him off as an imposing heel.

What A fucking Joke

I called it in the chat i'm in.. I said that it'll be quicker than Diesel/Backlund @ MSG.. and it was.

[quote name='lmz00']Did anyone else's stream just stop working?

Edit: WHOA! I did not mean for the quadruple post to happen.[/QUOTE]

Yes :(

[quote name='lmz00']Did anyone else's stream just stop working?

Edit: WHOA! I did not mean for the quadruple post to happen.[/quote]

Same here, I thought it was my connection.

[quote name='Scorch']What A fucking Joke

I called it in the chat i'm in.. I said that it'll be quicker than Diesel/Backlund @ MSG.. and it was.[/quote]

I blinked and it was over. What in the Seven Hells, WWE. :applause:

Decent show so far except for Batista-Youmaynga but there has been zero that is surprising as far as results. Even Kane-Chavo was called to be a quickie by most people.

Flair's final match* is halfway through the show? Ugh.

[quote name='Brak']Who squashed Chavo?[/QUOTE]

Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back