The WWE 13 Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Spyder187']If you want to talk about shitty product, you should discuss damn near everything in current WWE. From the crappy on air material to the lame internet shows that are supposed to be funny, it makes anything you guys shit on in WcW look decent to damn good. Hell at least WcW did try some semi original shit, even if it didn't go over well. WWE is currently ripping off ideas from TNA, and TNA talent are clowning them for doing so.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this. Man late WCW had Vampiro fighting Sting in graveyards, The Fat Chick Thrilla Mike Awesome ambulance matches and can't ever forget about Juvi Juice doing his The Rock impressions. I'm sitting here trying to watch Raw right now because it's a shitty game on MNF tonight and I just can't put myself through it. When they were airing the AJ/Cena voicemails it looked like something straight from a WWE video game.

I friggin called it on the CM Punk/Heyman 20 minutes of heart attack jokes.

[quote name='Spyder187']11/12 Raw opens with D. Brine and Kane "tag teaming" Katie Vick while having a dueling Yes/No chant. We then go directly to the Maddox million dollar contract match in which the old "Thug Life" John Cena runs in, hits Ryback with his steel chain and gives Maddox the win. Finally, to end the show Punk and Heyman spend 20 minutes berating the newly returned Jerry Lawler with heart attack jokes. The biggest part of their shtick is using voiceovers of JR screaming "By gawd King he's dead!" as they play footage of The King's medical emergency. Raw then promptly goes off the air with Wade Barrett explaining to Big Show what "The Irish Curse" really is.[/QUOTE]

So Lawler's back at commentary? This is gonna sound terrible, but I wish he rode off in the sunset and into retirement. Glad he's alive, but, as a wrasslin fan, he's one of my least favorite wrasslin commentators. I'd rather listen to Taz or Larry Zbyszko.

Have to agree with Chase. I'm very glad King is fine and is in amazing health so fast after suffering a heart attack. With that said, I was hoping he would retire as well...it's obvious for years he could care less about the product(can't blame him but it's his job to care..or at least pretend to) and it's so blatantly obvious he phones it in every week.

Hey guys. Wanted to share this opportunity with you.

I have been graced with the opportunity to do an interview with Mick Foley on a special primetime edition of my radio program this Thursday. It'll be over the phone in the third hour of the show (around 10:15 PM EST). If you guys have any questions, I will do my best to compile them and get the best ones in for the interview. I imagine I'll only get somewhere between 20 to 30 minutes with him.

Link for the station I'm on is in my sig.

I have a couple that I'd ask him if I ever met him. Feel free to use them if you need ideas.

1. Which wrestler most deserved a World Title reign in either WCW/WWF/WWE and never got one? (my thoughts tend to center around Mr. Perfect, British Bulldog, and Owen Hart)

2. Was there ever any serious consideration given to him as Cactus Jack winning the WWF Title at the 2000 Royal Rumble and holding it until Wrestlemania? It wound up being a match that really helped catapult Triple H to nearly Stone Cold and The Rock's level but the Foley mark in me was fucking pissed that he didn't get the title as Cactus Jack.

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet..

Here are the details of the Attitude Era set. It sounds pretty good. As expected, a few repeats and a couple of no shows (I really wish HHH/Jericho from Raw would've been on here.. or even Foley's title win), but whatever

DISC 1

Documentary:

The Birth of Attitude

Entrance Music

D-Generation X

Austin vs. McMahon

Long-Arching Stories

Innovations

New Demographic

Critics

Expansion

Comedy

Wealth of Talent

The World Was Watching

Watershed Period
Jim Ross interviews Goldust & Marlena
Raw – Nov 3, 1997

Steve Austin Throws the InterContinental Championship Off A Bridge
Raw – Dec 15, 1997

Soldier of Love
Raw – May 4, 1998

Mr McMahon Presents Mankind with the WWE Hardcore Championship
Raw – Nov 2, 1998

Jim Ross Interviews Triple H
Sunday Night Heat – July 25, 1999

An Evening At The Friendly Tap
SmackDown! – Jan 20, 2000

Mae Young and the Acolyte Protection Agency
SmackDown! – Jan 27, 2000

“The Jug Band”
Judgment Day 2000

Triple H Trains Trish Stratus
SmackDown! – July 27, 2000

Edges Totally Awesome Birthday
Raw – Oct 30, 2000

The Rocks Message to His Hell in a Cell Opponents
Raw – Dec 4, 2000

GTV

DISC 2

Mike Tyson Joins DX
Raw – Mar 2, 1998

A New Beginning For D-Generation X
Raw – March 30, 1998

Sable vs. “Marvelous” Marc Mero
Raw – May 11, 1998

Nation of Degeneration
Raw – July 6, 1998

Brawl for All Match
Bart Gunn vs. “Dr Death” Steve Williams
Raw – July 27, 1998

Four Corners Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The Undertaker & Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kane & Mankind vs. The New Age Outlaws vs. The Rock & Owen Hart
Raw – Aug 10, 1998

Lions Den Match
Ken Shamrock vs. Owen Hart
SummerSlam 1998

Finals of WWE Championship Tournament
The Rock vs. Mankind
Survivor Series 1998

The Rock & The Undertaker vs. Mankind & Stone Cold Steve Austin
Raw – Dec 7, 1998

Austin Gives The Corporation A Beer Bath
Raw – March 22, 1999

The Undertaker vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Raw – June 28, 1999

The Debut of Y2J
Raw – Aug 9, 1999

DISC 3 (Updated)

European & Intercontinental Championship Match
DLo Brown vs. Jeff Jarrett
SummerSlam 1999

Buried Alive Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
The Rock & Mankind vs. The Undertaker & Big Show
SmackDown! – Sept 9, 1999

Stone Cold & Jim Ross vs. Triple H & Chyna
Raw – Oct 11, 1999

Boss Mans Sympathy for Big Shows Dad
Raw – Nov 18, 1999

The Wedding of Stephanie McMahon & Andrew “Test” Martin
Raw – Nov 29, 1999

The Godfather & DLo Brown vs. Too Cool
SmackDown – Jan 27, 2000

WWE Hardcore Championship Match
Hardcore Holly vs. Crash Holly
Raw – March 27, 2000

WWE Championship Match
Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero
Raw – April 3, 2000

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
Rikishi vs. Val Venis
Fully Loaded 2000

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the World Tag Team Championship
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz
SummerSlam 2000

Hell in A Cell Match for the WWE Championship
Kurt Angle vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Rikishi
Armageddon 2000

Special Features

(Expected Best Buy Exclusive)

GTV – Al Snow & Head

Mae Young Gives Birth
Raw – Feb 28, 2000

WWE Womens Championship Match
Lita vs. Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley
Raw – June 12, 2000

The Dudley Boyz vs. The Hardy Boyz
Raw – July 17, 2000

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES

King of Kings Match
Ken Shamrock vs. Triple H vs. Owen Hart
Raw – June 29, 1998

The Oddities w/ Insane Clown Posse vs. The Headbangers
Raw – Sept 28, 1998

The Truth About Sammy
Raw – Jan 18, 1999

The Unholy Union of Stephanie McMahon & The Undertaker
Raw – April 26, 1999

The Rock vs. Val Venis
SmackDown – Oct 7, 1999

Survivor Series Elimination Match
Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Kane & Shane McMahon vs. Triple H, X-Pac & The New Age Outlaws
SmackDown – Nov 4, 1999

WWE Hardcore Championship Match
Al Snow vs. Crash Holly
SmackDown – June 29, 2000

The Hardy Boyz & Lita vs. Perry Saturn, Eddie Guerrero & Dean Malenko
SmackDown – Nov 30, 2000

Chris Jericho & The Dudley Boyz vs. Kurt Angle, Edge & Christian
Raw – Dec 25, 2000

CM Punk: “I saved a mans life. #longliveheyman”
“You people are pigs. I saved a mans life tonight. This isn’t something you joke about. PIGS. #learnCPR”
“Fact: @JohnCena is the doctor of thuganomics. I’m a real doctor, and I know CPR.”

One fan commented, “Jesus, Paul Heyman really does hate Jerry Lawler.”

Heyman replied:“Jesus already knew that!”

[quote name='neocisco']Whatever you do, don't ask him about his Hell in a Cell match. It's been covered ad nauseum.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't planning on it for those same exact reasons.

[quote name='pitfallharry219'].[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='Purple Flames']It's been seven years ago today since we lost Eddie Guerrero. I can't believe where the time went.[/QUOTE]

I can't think about Eddie Guerrero without thinking about what Chris Benoit did. At the time, Benoit was my number-one, all-time favorite. I know his brain was just about dead because of the business, but I still can't look at his work the same. Eddie would be on my personal Mount Rushmore of Wrestling—in place of Benoit.

[quote name='Regian']If you guys have any questions, I will do my best to compile them and get the best ones in for the interview.[/QUOTE]

1.) Where does he see himself in five years. Where does he see WWE in five years.

2.) If he thinks WWE workers being independent contractors is still an issue.

[quote name='Halo05']I was indeed referring to David Arquette as the "douche from Scream". I couldn't remember his name at the moment and couldn't be arsed to look it up at the moment. I do remember that he was opposed to the angle but at the same time, no one held a gun to his head and told him to hold up the WCW Championship.[/QUOTE]

He gave his WCW money to the Harts, the Pillman family and Droz.

Good for him. I take back him being a douche.

I have no real issue with celebs being involved in wrestling to some degree. And I realize that it might seem a silly thing to worry about when the fights are staged anyways, but someone, either Arquette or someone else who was working with him, should have raised the bullshit flag high in the sky once Russo or whomever it was, booked him to be the champion. He could have been a manager (heel, face, doesn't matter) and it wouldn't have seemed out of place at all.

[quote name='Regian']Hey guys. Wanted to share this opportunity with you.

I have been graced with the opportunity to do an interview with Mick Foley on a special primetime edition of my radio program this Thursday. It'll be over the phone in the third hour of the show (around 10:15 PM EST). If you guys have any questions, I will do my best to compile them and get the best ones in for the interview. I imagine I'll only get somewhere between 20 to 30 minutes with him.

Link for the station I'm on is in my sig.[/QUOTE]

Ask him about the Dean Ambrose stuff from earlier this year.

[quote name='Regian']Hey guys. Wanted to share this opportunity with you.

Link for the station I'm on is in my sig.[/QUOTE]

Ask him who's idea The Union was, if he was against it and why they killed it off so quickly.

I pretty much know the answers to all of the above, but hey.

Ask him if he could do one thing over in his career, would he and why?

And on those lines - does he do anything to monitor his brain activity and/or is he concerned about all the chair shots he took over the years. I say this in regards to the football players who suffer from depression, dementia, and other brain diseases later in life that are said to be brought on by the concussions they had while playing. Hate to see anything happen to the guy since he was one of my favorites dating back to when he was in WCW and he definitely sacrificed a lot to entertain us.

'13 has grown on me.

I really like Attitude Era mode. I'd love to see THQ do the same with WCW, somehow. :drool:

I played a match online and played against the Rainman of countering... He literally countered EVERYTHING and just juggled the shit out of me for 98% of the match. :lol: I knew I was in trouble when he made me sit through his custom generic masked wrestler's fuckin' entrance.

Well the big news from Smackdown is that it seems Cody Rhodes was injured. Wonder if he'll miss Sunday. Show wasn't bad, but the main events sucked.

[quote name='Brak']'13 has grown on me.

I really like Attitude Era mode. I'd love to see THQ do the same with WCW, somehow. :drool:

I played a match online and played against the Rainman of countering... He literally countered EVERYTHING and just juggled the shit out of me for 98% of the match. :lol: I knew I was in trouble when he made me sit through his custom generic masked wrestler's fuckin' entrance.[/QUOTE]

I had a match start off like that, but then it seemed the guy couldn't get any moves off and I squashed him with Vader's power moves.

I was really enjoying WWE 13's Attitude mode until I got to Austin and the Royal Rumble where it is near impossible for me to eliminate someone. I noticed you can use a signature/finisher when someone is on the ropes, but I keep getting eliminated before I get the chance.

Why? Because X, Y, B, or A flashes on the screen and I am thinking of Super Nintendo's Y, X, B, A layout so I usually hit the wrong button on the Xbox 360 controller (confession: I've only owned an Xbox for 11 months). Add that to the fact that I am still not very good at reversals and I'm wishing I bought this for the PS3 instead.

[quote name='Brak']'13 has grown on me.

[/QUOTE]

This.

Honestly, everytime the ratings grid popped up, all I could think was that I would kill for them to make an 'Attitude Era'-style standalone Monday Night Wars game.

I will say, though, that if THQ really is in as much trouble as it appears, I'd be totally okay with them going out on WWE '13. I honestly don't think they can top it next year.

Just finished watching the next three weeks of ROH TV since they are offering them early on ROHWrestling.com. Davey Richards and Michael Elgin once again put on another classic match.

[quote name='mitch079']I think the way they top it is to do the Invasion, and do it right.[/QUOTE]

While I will always be a loyal, diehard WCW fan, the logical, lifelong wrasslin fan in my head says that WWE revising history and doing justice to WCW and ECW in a new retelling of the Invasion is impossible. You're asking THQ to ask WWE to admit that they did a shitty, piss-poor, limp-dick, lackluster, disappointing, fucking shit-eating throat-fucking embarrassing job with the original, and that just won't happen.

But, if it did, rib-tape DDP versus The Rock needs to be a storyline. People's Champion versus People's Champion. Ya know, the angle they should have done to introduce DDP to WWE fans. Bear-fucking "stalker" angle and dumb-ass Tony Robbins gimmi—

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'm not sure if I want to click that. For some reason, I feel it's gonna be like Lemon Party or Fat Chicks in Party Hats.[/QUOTE]

SOLD!

*click*

Disappointment.

Another one suffers humiliation at the hands of the FCW name generator, PAC's WWE ring name is Adrian Neville.

I feel like he should be riding one of those old timey bicycles with one giant wheel and one small wheel with that name.

Finally finished unlocking everyone. Now I've got my Universe going strong. Raw Is War on Monday, Nitro on Tuesday, ECW Hardcore TV on Wednesday, Smackdown on Thursday, Thunder on Friday, WCW Saturday Night on, of course, Saturday, and 1 WCW and WWF PPV per a month, and one ECW every 3 months. Downloaded all the logos, rings, CAW's I needed. Now, this is the perfect game.

[quote name='diddy310']I feel like he should be riding one of those old timey bicycles with one giant wheel and one small wheel with that name.[/QUOTE]

That or some sort of Aaron Neville gimmick. EVRRRYYY BAWDY PLEZ DA FU sometiiiiiiimes

[quote name='diddy310']I feel like he should be riding one of those old timey bicycles with one giant wheel and one small wheel with that name.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like the name of a British politician.

I suspected it had been posted here since the video is dated 2008, but are you really going to pull the repost card from something posted 4 years ago?

[quote name='Tsel']Another one suffers humiliation at the hands of the FCW name generator, PAC's WWE ring name is Adrian Neville.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's just ridiculous. No surprise at all but still ridiculous.

Dear WWE Name Generator,

Take a look at who your company holds up as legends and, I don't know, maybe adjust your naming accordingly. I mean, which of these things is not like the others? The Undertaker, Kane, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, HHH, Hulk Hogan, Jake 'the Snake' Roberts, Macho Man Randy Savage, Adrian Neville.

Thank you,
The Obvious

[quote name='007']Dear WWE Name Generator,

Take a look at who your company holds up as legends and, I don't know, maybe adjust your naming accordingly. I mean, which of these things is not like the others? The Undertaker, Kane, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels, HHH, Hulk Hogan, Jake 'the Snake' Roberts, Macho Man Randy Savage, Adrian Neville.

Thank you,
The Obvious[/QUOTE]

Obviously Kane doesn't belong in that list with those other great wrestling names.

I've been watching the Royal Rumble dvd set, and it is quite staggering at how great wrestlers names were back then. Almost every wrestler has an awesome name, even the guys who were turds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back