The WWE 13 Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 11/12 Raw will open with some HLA and at some point during the show Mae Young will be powerbombed through a flaming table.

Oh yeah, Vince will call somebody "n!gga".

[quote name='mitch079']Not only did she concede, but she also announced she will not run in 2014. Praise Jeebus.[/QUOTE]

In lieu of the expected Daniel Bryan gif, let's allow Tito Ortiz to explain Linda's political career:

3901342_o.gif

[quote name='ced']In lieu of the expected Daniel Bryan gif, let's allow Tito Ortiz to explain Linda's political career:

3901342_o.gif
[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='JP']I was always under the impression the PG era was more because of the sponsors, not her campaign. Campaign didn't help any though. Also, the writing is crap anymore, I highly doubt any loosening of restrictions will lead to better writing.[/QUOTE]

That's the way I thought it was too. That they took it PG to get more sponsors, thus creating more revenue. But sponsorship seems to be down and supposedly USA network is not happy with the low ratings for Raw. So now would be a good time to go back to riskier stuff.

Tomorrow night should have Kane push out a coffin and set it on fire as a symbol of Linda's political career going up in flames.

[quote name='Clak']Vince was overheard saying "Lets get this bitch back in gear".[/QUOTE]

...speaking about the campaign for next time, or speaking about Linda?

[quote name='Clak']Vince was overheard saying "Lets get this bitch back in gear".[/QUOTE]

...speaking about WWE, or speaking about Linda?

I wouldn't be so quick to say we're going to see some significant change in programming, at least not for a while. If Raw begins with Fandango putting his dick in a blender while Mae Young reads from the Penthouse Forum, I'll admit I was wrong though.

11/12 Raw opens with D. Brine and Kane "tag teaming" Katie Vick while having a dueling Yes/No chant. We then go directly to the Maddox million dollar contract match in which the old "Thug Life" John Cena runs in, hits Ryback with his steel chain and gives Maddox the win. Finally, to end the show Punk and Heyman spend 20 minutes berating the newly returned Jerry Lawler with heart attack jokes. The biggest part of their shtick is using voiceovers of JR screaming "By gawd King he's dead!" as they play footage of The King's medical emergency. Raw then promptly goes off the air with Wade Barrett explaining to Big Show what "The Irish Curse" really is.

[quote name='KaneRobot']...speaking about WWE, or speaking about Linda?

I wouldn't be so quick to say we're going to see some significant change in programming, at least not for a while. If Raw begins with Fandango putting his dick in a blender while Mae Young reads from the Penthouse Forum, I'll admit I was wrong though.[/QUOTE]

I want to agree with you since they'll want to make some plausibly deniable claim that the programming content was unrelated to politics (so as to avoid SEC inquiry for collusion between Linda and the corp).

But the program is, ratingswise, close to panic mode. And that's been a trend since they've gone three hours. Depending on the additional ad revenue from going 3 hours, I can see them going to 2 hours before getting raunchy again. But the latter is inevitable.

I wonder if the skit where Vince winds up mocking two midgets named "Murphy" and "Chris" will be worth the ~100 million they paid for it.

[quote name='mykevermin']I And that's been a trend since they've gone three hours. Depending on the additional ad revenue from going 3 hours, I can see them going to 2 hours before getting raunchy again. But the latter is inevitable.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I'm sure we will get hints of TV-14 again at some point in the fairly near future...just don't see it happening immediately. They've got toy deals and sponsors and B.A. Baracus campaigns to worry about in the short term.

Something else you said though...I don't keep track of anything really besides Raw now - how many hours of "original programming" is WWE pumping out a week now? 3 of Raw, 2 of Smackdown, 1 of NXT, 1 of Superstars, 1 (or 2?) of Main Event, and I'm probably forgetting one. And that's not counting a 3 hour PPVs once every 3 or 4 weeks.

No wonder the shows fucking stink. 2 hours of Raw, 2 hours of Smackdown, 1 of ECW, and a PPV was stretching it already.

Am I right in remembering that Mattel is actually really, really big on keeping the product PG? I was always under the impression that one of the big reasons that WWE could finally land a 'big' toy company was because they toned down the product.

I think we'll see a little bit of a change with Linda gone, but I'd be surprised to see them full-on revert to 1998, or even 2002. WWE has spent a lot of time courting more family-friendly sponsers (i.e. gigantic fucking companies) who probably aren't going to be thrilled to see themselves promoted next to puppies and the proverbial crimon masks, you know?

For us, though, it's an interesting time. I don't think I'll start watching again since the problems with the product go much, much deeper than it being PG, but I'll definitely be paying attention to see what happens.

[quote name='KaneRobot']...speaking about WWE, or speaking about Linda?

I wouldn't be so quick to say we're going to see some significant change in programming, at least not for a while. If Raw begins with Fandango putting his dick in a blender while Mae Young reads from the Penthouse Forum, I'll admit I was wrong though.[/QUOTE]
WWE of course, not even Vince could get Linda elected.

[quote name='Clak']Pfffttt, that's so sad. I don't think I've ever seen Vince actually look depressed before.[/QUOTE]

Saw over on another board that the look on Vince's face was the EXACT same look he had right before the limo blowup angle...

[quote name='TheRock88']Saw over on another board that the look on Vince's face was the EXACT same look he had right before the limo blowup angle...[/QUOTE]
Heh, well the guy is a master at what he does.

God that's awesome. That sigh he does too. $100 million down the drain. We could've put that money into the WWE Network!

Vince not even trying to hold back the depression of yet other failed venture on his resume. Classic.

Okay. Now I feel sorta sad for Vince. Gotta believe that Linda wears the pants in the famiy, behind-the-scenes. Otherwise, he would have put down his foot after the failure of her first, multi-million dollar, loss. 'Twould explain from where Stephanie gets her balls. As the ol' adage goes, "Behind every successful man is a woman deciding how to spend his money."

Got an email today about Smackdown coming to town next week. So I figure, they realize this is the terrible show, maybe ticket prices will be reasonable? The most expensive tickets (presumably floor, but they're sold out) are $95. Two sections up are still $65, and over $80 after all the bullshit service fees. Unbelievable.

[quote name='TheRock88']Should already be at the point, but skip to 1:38 to see Vince's face during Linda's concession speech. Absolutely priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a2BXtzC6fMI#t=99s[/QUOTE]

Weirdo theory: You gotta believe Vince has cheated on her at least once, and a divorce would be a nightmare for him financially so he gives her truckloads of money for her Senate campaign to keep the peace.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']Weirdo theory: You gotta believe Vince has cheated on her at least once, and a divorce would be a nightmare for him financially so he gives her truckloads of money for her Senate campaign to keep the peace.[/QUOTE]

I do not think that is a bad theory at all. I mean seriously, lets put this in everyday money figures. If your wife took 5,000.00 to the bingo hall and lost every dime of it you would give her hell and tell her she better never ever think of doing that shit again. If she told you she was going to do it again, and you knew damn well she couldn't play bingo for shit, would you let her? Hell no you wouldn't. However, for some reason Vince did just this. You have to know damn well he did something that she has holding over him that would pretty much ruin him if he doesn't let her do whatever the hell she wants.
I mean hell, who hasn't heard about the creapy Vince/Stephanie displays of affection that have occurred in the past? Something of that nature alone would ruin any man.

[quote name='Genocidal']Got an email today about Smackdown coming to town next week. So I figure, they realize this is the terrible show, maybe ticket prices will be reasonable? The most expensive tickets (presumably floor, but they're sold out) are $95. Two sections up are still $65, and over $80 after all the bullshit service fees. Unbelievable.[/QUOTE]

Check stubhub.

Vince admitted to cheating on Linda in a Playboy interview years ago.

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/showthread.php?23557-Vince-McMahon-s-Playboy-2001-interview

[quote name='Scorch']Bring on the Attitude Era DVD details![/QUOTE]

Well.. ask and you shall receive..

JLueG.jpg

Easily one of the worst covers ever.

Watched that video again and it looks like Shane caught the eye roll and was trying to keep from laughing.

There is not a single thing about that cover that even remotely looks good. The font is crap, the renders are incredibly low-quality, and all the hidden references to Attitude Era terms are stupid. Puppies? Really? I'm assuming that rooster is supposed to symbolize a cock? This is pretty much everything BAD about the Attitude Era all rolled up into one horrible DVD cover.

[quote name='Tsel']There is not a single thing about that cover that even remotely looks good. The font is crap, the renders are incredibly low-quality, and all the hidden references to Attitude Era terms are stupid. Puppies? Really? I'm assuming that rooster is supposed to symbolize a cock? This is pretty much everything BAD about the Attitude Era all rolled up into one horrible DVD cover.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the hand in the bottom left corner!

/edit: Holy crap, Katie Vick's pom poms.

[quote name='ced']Are we sure this isn't a fan creation? It's beyond bowling shoe ugly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, plus I'd doubt they'd put the Dudley Boyz, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle & Al Snow on the cover when they're working for TNA. If it is real, I'm kinda shocked the New Age Outlaws or X-Pac didn't make the cover.

Amazon shows the same cover so its legit. I get its supposed to be a ripoff of the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Clubs Bandcover but... its just trashy looking. Reminds me of how trashy the cover for The Office Season Eight looks like.

I just realized that when Vince rolls his eyes in that video, it's right after Linda thanks him. Damn, what a dick.

That cover is pretty terrible but there is one very clever aspect on it. The trash can logo has the F portion covered up by green paint. Kind of a creative way to approach the WWE/WWF situation rather than just picking one or the other (or can the outside of the DVDs even have the WWF logo or just the contents of the DVD?).

JBL said on Facebook he is coming back to color commentate full time on Smackdown with Josh Matthews. That's excellent.

I'd like to see JBL on Raw instead of Smackdown, but I'll take a little bit of JBL over no JBL at all.

I LIKE JBL on commentary, but I don't think he is great at it. JBL was awesome to hear when he first came back, but his style can be a little grinding after a while. During the FCA match between Del Rio and Orton, I swear he made more mentions about Cowboy Bob than he he did Randy.

At some point you just want to say "Ok JBL, I heard you the first five times". Unfortunately Smackdown commentary is destined to suck as long as Josh Matthews is involved.

http://youtu.be/B3gBVdcSuZE

JBL wrote on Tuesday:

“My first Survivor Series my team was to go over and it was to be my first big push. It was one of first times refs used ear pieces, or at least, different ear pieces. So, I do a ‘false finish’ and Tim White counts me out! I had kicked out on ’2,’ but Tim was listening to someone in his ear and wasn’t paying attention. He looked up and said, ‘Oh my God, kid, I am so sorry,’ but then had to pantomine he was sending me out of ring.”

“I got to the back and was chewed out, I couldn’t stooge Tim so I just took it-later they realized Tim made a mistake and told me they were sorry. It was my pal Gerald Brisco that had chewed me out as he ran ‘Gorilla’ back then. My push was killed and pretty much so was ‘Justin Hawk Bradshaw,’ but that is a different story-which I’ll tell later. I thought about this today as I was reading some tweets from folks about Survivor Series.”

Elimination happens around 10:45. Skip to that or risk hearing Road Dogg sing "With My Baby Tonight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back