The "WWF No Mercy Memorial Wrestling Thread" that isn't actually a Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uploaded my first entrance theme pack. Remember, you can make requests and I'll work my best on getting them. My first pack contains themes for:

Brian Pillman (His last theme)
Bret Hart (his original, non-2010 theme)
Brock Lesnar
Cactus Jack
Chris Jericho (his instrumental WCW theme - I always turn him into Lionheart Chris Jericho)
Corporate Ministry
Eddie Guerrero (His last theme)
Four Horsemen (w/ Horse Intro)
John Cena (Thuganomics - cuz he's going to be a jobber on my game)
Kurt Angle
Mr. Perfect
nWo (WWE version)
Outsiders (their theme used as a tag team, I think they used it once.. one of my favorite themes of all time)
Owen Hart (his original pre-Slammy award winning theme)
Psycho Sid
Razor Ramon
Rob Van Dam (WWE Royal Rumble edit)
Rob Van Dam (ECW House Show "Walk" edit)
Undertaker (3 themes - One with druids chanting before he comes out, used at WMXX - the Ministry of Darkness theme where he says "Accept the lord of darkness as your savior/allow the purity of evil to guide you" - and one where he speaks in tongues and then the music plays)

If you want the link, PM me.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Has anyone here ever managed to unlock the Ho in No Mercy?[/QUOTE]

I did. Don't know why though, wasn't anything special.

Awesome bit during Christian's Road to Wrestlemania:
After winning the MITB briefcase, Edge and Christian are in the ring together and Christian's cellphone rings. It's his old "Christian...! Christian...! At Last You're On Your Own!" Opera Rock entrance theme! Edge glances at Christian and Christian replies "Sorry, it's an old phone!" HA HA HA! AND like old times, it's their grandma calling, which Edge lovingly calls "Gram Jams" LOL. This and other CLASSIC E&C moments are seriously MAKING SVR2011 for me! (Favorite Tag Team Ever) If you want some classic laughs, I highly suggest playing Christian's Road to Wrestlemania but DO NOT cash in on Edge; cashing in on HBK makes for much funnier moments.

let me guess.. you still cant edit the entrance themes on downloaded superstars.. that was a deal breaker for me last year

also is that fan axxess worth it?

[quote name='guyver2077']let me guess.. you still cant edit the entrance themes on downloaded superstars.. that was a deal breaker for me last year[/QUOTE]

You actually CAN! But the creator of the superstar has to allow it. It lets you know on the right side whether you can or not. When you hit "A" to select the superstar in creation mode, it lets you know whether or not you can edit it.

[quote name='Scorch']You actually CAN! But the creator of the superstar has to allow it. It lets you know on the right side whether you can or not. When you hit "A" to select the superstar in creation mode, it lets you know whether or not you can edit it.[/QUOTE]

freakin finally.. thats great.. hopefully everyone allows it. Sounds like I can have fun downloading CAW's this year.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Damn. I've always bought SvR games at $20 or below, but I'm really tempted to pick this one up now (especially with the $20 Kmart coupon).[/QUOTE]Target is supposedly doing a buy 2, get 1 free sale next week. If there are any other games you're eying, that should be the better deal.:cool::cool::cool:

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get SvR11 during that sale or stick with my planned Naruto Shippuden: UNS2, NBA 2K11, and Rock Band 3 line-up instead. Rock Band 3 has lost a bit of its appeal thanks to the Rock Band Stage Kit not being supported.:whistle2:k

[quote name='BlueSwim']Target is supposedly doing a buy 2, get 1 free sale next week. If there's any other game you're eying, that should be the better deal.:cool::cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

The nearest Target is a nearly 3 hour drive, round trip.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Rock Band 3 has lost a bit of its appeal thanks to the Rock Band Stage Kit not being supported.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Someone in the RB3 thread here said they tried it and it worked

oh nevermind, that was from an old interview

The audio on this is WAY off (somehow sped up, and ends 45 seconds before the video), but... this was part of a Lawler heel turn in 89. Dutch Mantel brings in a partner to take Lawler on... and while I don't think the name was ever said, it's Mean Mark Callous, AKA The Undertaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgFbzG0VPvU

Fairly agile son of a bitch back then.

(Skip to 4:55 or so to see UT)

That must have been right before CWA changed into USWA. That music and Dave Brown's voice take me back and make me feel like it's midnight on a Saturday and I'm 7 years old watching wrestling while sleeping over at my grandma's house.

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone wanna mess around on SmackDown?[/QUOTE]

This sounds like something that is said while Chris Hansen is hiding in the other room......

d'oh. I want someone to play TLC with.

..nope, that didn't sound any better.

I just want to lift you up and drive you through a table.

uhh..

I just wanna beat the crap out of each other with tables, ladders and chairs.

yep, that'll do

[quote name='pitfallharry219']That must have been right before CWA changed into USWA. That music and Dave Brown's voice take me back and make me feel like it's midnight on a Saturday and I'm 7 years old watching wrestling while sleeping over at my grandma's house.[/QUOTE]

It was 89-ish. From Lawler's tank top in part 1, I'd think summertime.

And yeah, I've found serious memories. Been going through related videos for 2-3 hours and found some [cole]VINTAGE Steve Keirn[/cole], and moments that I still remember well seeing live on TV back in the day.

after seeing that WWE is having Danielson fued with CM punk soon... im thinking the Danielson/Ziggler fued ended too early... its october... they could have had them go all the way till Rumble... maybe ending with a ladder match. THEN had punk fued with Danielson and go to mania.

Problem is, Ziggler/Bryan lends itself to a unification match, which they may not looking to do just yet.

I just hope these matches will raise Ziggler's profile, because he's been a seriously under the radar guy for a while, even as champ.

The man doesn't even get respect in games, man. Smackdown 2011, it gave me a #1 Contender match for the WHC, Taker vs. Ziggler. I had Ziggler go over, then Universe mode kicked in and said the match was being restarted as a submission match, which Taker won. Even the game doesn't let Ziggler go over. Haha.

It's pretty standard for UFC following a KO loss, but I'm sure it'll help fuel Brock/Taker rumors: Lesnar's been medically suspended from UFC for 180 days. That puts him back in UFC right around April.

[quote name='JJSP']It's pretty standard for UFC following a KO loss, but I'm sure it'll help fuel Brock/Taker rumors: Lesnar's been medically suspended from UFC for 180 days. That puts him back in UFC right around April.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a minimum of 45 days with a max of 6 months due to various injury precautions, but yeah - this isn't going to help quell those rumors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dana White granted him an exemption to work a WM program in the interim. It keeps him high-profile and he already has history with WWE. Then again, I don't follow UFC closely at all and my theory could be completely off base.

People are digging up info on medical suspensions and drawing conclusions.

The hype is growing, and we didn't need a 20 minute segment, followed by a commercial break and an 'instant replay' that reminds us of what we just spent 20 minutes watching to do ANY of this.

The Brock/Taker fiasco couldn't have been a work, as it's too brilliant to be one. They're probably talking about it now, however. But it truly reinforces how out of touch pro wrestling is in its writing and product presentation - again, that a three-second exchange from a two-minute interview is the hottest feud in pro wrestling today. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Eric Bischoff is gonna talk for 45 minutes tomorrow night and nobody's going to notice a goddamned thing, except for the viewers who turn the channel mid-broadcast.

[quote name='neocisco']I wouldn't be surprised if Dana White granted him an exemption to work a WM program in the interim. It keeps him high-profile and he already has history with WWE. Then again, I don't follow UFC closely at all and my theory could be completely off base.[/QUOTE]

The whole reason Angle didn't go to the UFC was because Dana wanted him to quit wrestling (or at least I remember reading that). I don't think Dana wants to be associated with pro wrestling at all and there's no reason for him to help them out.

[quote name='Sporadic']The whole reason Angle didn't go to the UFC was because Dana wanted him to quit wrestling (or at least I remember reading that). I don't think Dana wants to be associated with pro wrestling at all and there's no reason for him to help them out.[/QUOTE]

Well, I did provide a caveat of sorts in my last sentence. :)

now I'm also starting to wonder if his loss was a work. His now infamous stumble was definitely over-the-top.. the fight seemed legit but now I'm starting to wonder if he took a beating, knowing he'd get medical suspension, and go work the program with Undertaker for a massive payday. It'd work out for both Dana and Vince - Brock/Taker would draw huge and they'd bill Lesnar as being from UFC and it'd pretty much be an advertisement for a heavily anticipated return in April.. and Dana knew that this whole thing would get a ton of media coverage because someone would finally de-throne Brock..

...nah, they wouldn't go to that length.. would they? Like Myke said, it's way too brilliant.

The problem with them booking Lesnar/Taker is that Brock almost has to be booked to destroy Taker in order to maintain any credibility in UFC. Dana White can't allow his former heavyweight champ to go into a worked match and lose while expecting anyone to take him seriously as a contender.

We all know that wrestling is a work, but there's a ton of ego at stake for MMA if their monster poster child gets pinned in a fake fight. Putting the streak on the line against Lesnar means somebody loses more than just the match.

[quote name='Scorch']now I'm also starting to wonder if his loss was a work. His now infamous stumble was definitely over-the-top.. the fight seemed legit but now I'm starting to wonder if he took a beating, knowing he'd get medical suspension, and go work the program with Undertaker for a massive payday. It'd work out for both Dana and Vince - Brock/Taker would draw huge and they'd bill Lesnar as being from UFC and it'd pretty much be an advertisement for a heavily anticipated return in April.. and Dana knew that this whole thing would get a ton of media coverage because someone would finally de-throne Brock..

...nah, they wouldn't go to that length.. would they? Like Myke said, it's way too brilliant.[/QUOTE]

If Brock or anyone were to actually try to admit that, it would be the equivalent to Tommy Wiseau saying that The Room is an intentional black comedy: it comes off as an effort to come out looking brilliant in an attempt to cover up the sheer ineptness.

[quote name='JJSP']The problem with them booking Lesnar/Taker is that Brock almost has to be booked to destroy Taker in order to maintain any credibility in UFC. Dana White can't allow his former heavyweight champ to go into a worked match and lose while expecting anyone to take him seriously as a contender.

We all know that wrestling is a work, but there's a ton of ego at stake for MMA if their monster poster child gets pinned in a fake fight. Putting the streak on the line against Lesnar means somebody loses more than just the match.[/QUOTE]

I agree, that's the biggest stumbling block for this whole scenario. Vince isn't going to have The Streak broken by anybody, much less a temp (even a temp of Lesnar's caliber). And no way is Dana White going to have his arguably biggest draw take a (worked) dive (somewhat redundant, I know) right before getting back into legit fighting.

Overall, though, speculating on this is far more fun than any of the crap on WWE programming right now.

It says something about pro-wrestling booking across the board when the most talked about angle is something that happened outside of pro-wrestling, based on complete speculation and unlikely to happen.

I saw the spoilers for the 11/4 episode of Impact. It looks like a shit show, but one thing stood out in particular.
They're bringing back Karate Bischoff.
#-o

[quote name='ced']It says something about pro-wrestling booking across the board when the most talked about angle is something that happened outside of pro-wrestling, based on complete speculation and unlikely to happen.[/QUOTE]

The thing is though, that the internet has made it far to easy to dispel speculation in recent years. Now, we're got weekly spoilers for tapings and dirt sheets that reveal contract status, so hardly anything is a surprise. When things happen outside their controlled realm, it creates new excitement because it's hard to pin concrete info down. Which is why, like everyone else, I'm intrigued by this as well.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I saw the spoilers for the 11/4 episode of Impact. It looks like a shit show, but one thing stood out in particular.
They're bringing back Karate Bischoff.
#-o[/QUOTE]

All this faction needs is Ed Leslie, and possibly Mike Jones, to secure its legacy as the least interesting faction in a major promotion since One Warrior Nation--and I had more interest in One Warrior Nation (OWN) than I do with Immortal. :whistle2:#

I think heel John Cena versus the Undertaker is more likely than, the face of the UFC, Brock Lesnar performing for WWE. Dana has already said no, and would never give WWE an opportunity to leech off the UFC's popularity. Vince McMahon is dreaming if he thinks Dana will allow Lesnar to work for WWE. The UFC doesn't want, nor need, any revenue that could come from Lesnar-Undertaker.

WWE signed Eddie and Vickie's daughter, Shaul, to a contract. I'll go back to watching only highlights of their shows if they--again--bring up Eddie's name for an angle. I hated that shit before, and stopped watching SmackDown because of it.

Gotta say: I am excited for the revived Tough Enough. This could be what NXT was supposed to be. If done properly, WWE could emotionally-attach fans to upcoming talent, and truly make new stars in a much different fashion than they have in recent times.

I read the SmackDown spoilers for this week.
Edge-Kane is a feud I have little interest in watching. Perhaps Edge is one of the supposed WWE employees whom have grown disinterest in pro wrestling, so they're giving him the title for a bit? Edge bringing levity to Kane's (awesome) soap-opera-level dramatic promos will be fun, though their matches will be painful. Kane is a good, formulaic big man that never has any special matches. Edge has become uninspired and, even more, generic. The promos will be decent, but the matches will have me rolling my eyes back into my head.

Speaking of SmackDown and who's ready, on their roster, to be pushed to the main event, Alberto Del Rio will be a great World champion, one day, even if I have to endure a feud with Rey Jr. to see it happen. I can't yet see Drew McIntrye headlining shows. The same applies to Cody Rhodes. Jack Swagger has an interesting offensive set, but sells awkwardly, and is god-awful on the mic. Dolph Ziggler definitely deserves a run in the main event, and it seems like WWE's grooming him for it. Christian could easily be tossed into the deep-side of the main event pool and float like a champ. JTG is boring in all aspects. MVP deserves a main event run--but will never get it at this point. Tyler Reks can eat a dick. His FCW matches were boring, and yes, his "Murderfist McHobobuttrape" look is interesting, but that's the extent of his talents. I'd love to see Low Ki follow Rey Jr.'s path and become the next smaller-sized World champion--but who am I kidding?

So, this realistic nitpick of SmackDown's roster leaves the main event to Big Show (whom I have grown to enjoy more than any other major WWE/WCW big guy outside of the Undertaker), (the lackluster) Edge, (a) Kane (that has cut some great melodramatic promos, but only works well with the Undertaker), and the (semi-active) Undertaker (that has carried the company and shouldn't have to do so in 2010).

Ya know who I like? Curt Hawkins. His tag team with Trampstamp McGee is a pretty good team, and he's shown a lot of promise. I'm disappointed that WWE has yet to legitimize the Gate Crashers (in the invisible tag team division).

Oh, and there's Kofi Kingston, A.K.A. the new "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan. I think the comparison says enough to where he'll be in a year.

On a more positive note, I love what's happening on Raw. :D?

November 29th.....Mark that day on your calendars. There's going to be a 3-hour Monday Night Raw featuring Raw & Smackdown wrestlers competing in the returning..........
KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT!!!
And it's on FREE TV, no less!!!:applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='BlueSwim']November 29th.....Mark that day on your calendars. There's going to be a 3-hour Monday Night Raw featuring Raw & Smackdown wrestlers competing in the returning..........
And it's on FREE TV, no less!!!:applause::applause::applause:[/QUOTE]

fucking sweet!

[quote name='BlueSwim']November 29th.....Mark that day on your calendars. There's going to be a 3-hour Monday Night Raw featuring Raw & Smackdown wrestlers competing in the returning..........

I love it. :D It's really a great idea.

Any idea to whom they would give the "King" title? Perhaps Drew McIntyre? Santino would be hilarious. Sheamus would also make sense, as the tournament could develop him more as a WWE persona. A Triple H return would be the least desirable result. Who needs the rub? Again, I would say McIntyre needs it the most to take the next step in his career. That said, if Del Rio won the King of the Ring, he'd be a "rey", and WWE could easily use that to add to his feud with "King Mystery, Jr."

That spoiler is great. I'm actually excited for that... hopefully whoever it is won't get suspended during their push. Cough.

I'm utterly shocked that we've almost hit November and still haven't done anything with the rosters besides the (much needed) Punk/Edge switch. I figured that they were treading water until the SyFy move, but it's still the same anemic roster as before. Smackdown has no one left for the main event scene, and the idea of Edge/Kane makes me yawn. No, really, I honestly yawned just from typing that. Kane is... well, Kane, and the only thing that'll make me interested in Edge again is some kind of Christian feud/team.

Both rosters are pretty sparse in terms of main eveners right now anyway, which really underlines that a roster un-split wouldn't be an awful idea.

Now THAT'S good news. Here's hoping it's not a total farce this time around.

I can see them giving the KOTR to Kingston, McIntyre, or Del Rio. I really hope not McIntyre, though.

King DiBiase would be nice. He's going nowhere real fast, they need to save him before he drowns into obscurity.

[quote name='Chuplayer']What's the exact name of this CD?[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/TeLL-More-Jap..._1_6?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1288222387&sr=1-6

That's the same company, but not the same edition. The one I bought was from Costco and it was much, much cheaper (I think I paid $30 to $40 for it).

I also used this book...

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Lone...2313/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288222513&sr=8-1

And I ordered several study aides from PlayAsia, mostly flash cards. Those were SO helpful and I would advise anyone trying to pick it up to use them.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-12f-49-en-70-1ze6.html

They have more.

If you're seriously about learning it, be prepared to make a pretty decent sized monetary investment and especially a time investment. I still drill a couple times a week on the flashcards.

It's not easy. It's slow going, scary at first, nothing makes sense. You feel like you're not picking up anything. Then one or two things start to make sense. Then a few other things. Once your brain is able to grasp conceptually how the language works it becomes pretty easy to pick up more. I would say within three months if you study one hour a day you should have most of the three alphabets pretty well down, and within a year you should be able to understand whole sentences. I doubt I'll ever be fluent in it, but I was able to play through Giftpia on the Gamecube and Tomato Adventure (RPG by the guys who do the Mario & Luigi games) on the GBA in what was one of my proudest moments.

I would like it to be...

SD
Kofi
Kaval
Del Rio
Rhodes or McIntyre

Raw
Regal (since he won the last one)
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Morrison

[quote name='diddy310']I would like it to be...

SD
Kofi
Kaval
Del Rio
Rhodes or McIntyre

Raw
Regal (since he won the last one)
Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Morrison[/QUOTE]
welp, name 21 more people and you can just have a royal rumble of names....

[quote name='007']I'm utterly shocked that we've almost hit November and still haven't done anything with the rosters besides the (much needed) Punk/Edge switch. I figured that they were treading water until the SyFy move, but it's still the same anemic roster as before. Smackdown has no one left for the main event scene, and the idea of Edge/Kane makes me yawn. No, really, I honestly yawned just from typing that. Kane is... well, Kane, and the only thing that'll make me interested in Edge again is some kind of Christian feud/team. [/QUOTE]

Interesting point: When Smackdown made a network move in recent years (either to MyNetworkTV or to "The CW") they moved HHH and Jim Ross in an attempt to keep as many viewers as they could.

This time they moved... Edge. Who I love, but he's (a) not as big a name as HHH, (b) is more injury prone than HHH, and (c) by accounts I read here, is currently quite uninspired.

I'm pretty sure this proves that WWE doesn't care about Smackdown.

Who could they have moved to SD? Cena wasn't an option and he's the only one they have that's a genuine draw at this point. I don't think it's a matter of not caring so much as it's a matter of a roster that's a shadow of it's former self.

EDIT: Here's some irony. IMO, the biggest roster move WWE could make would be signing a TNA wrestler when their contract is up. Not AJ, not Joe, not even RVD. It would be
Angle. I think with his WWE history he's the only one who could make a huge splash with his return. Yeah, he's at the tail end of his prime (at best) but, as good as he is, he can still hang with anybody. Plus, the additional revenue of his inevitable DVD release would make the decision to resign him much easier.

Smackdown is just too stale for me to watch it.The only real main eventers over there is Edge and Taker and hes out with an injury.Kane as much as it was nice to see him get a title run its really a little too late.He's still stuck for me as a mid card talent after staying there for around 12 of his 13 year career with WWE.Rey only moves up to the main event pretty much only when a close friend dies or they just don't have anyone better at the moment.Although if Dolph Ziggler keeps up matches like this I might have to.

I would hope they would give KOTR to CM Punk.He's absolute golden.Great mic skills,great wrestler.The main event scene needs some freshening up and he's about the closet to getting there.Although giving the title helps a guy get elevated somewhat, or at least its suppose to but when you half ass push him making him look weak jobbing him out and making him look like he got lucky especially while being a babyface it doesn't help at all like CM Punk's first title run.Feels a little forced these last two years with them trying to force new stars on top quickily giving them the belt with very minor build up ex. Sheamus/Jack Swagger and because of the lack of making newer stars Smackdown just seems to be suffering.These gimmick PPV's/booking/lack of newer stars seems to be the biggest cause for the failing ratings/buyrates.

Hopefully either Punk or Daniel Bryan win.Would be really awesome if they did Regal and Bryan during the tournament too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back