The "X has a bag that collects his poop" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dallow']Yeah, there's a little "tweak" to install, nothing you have to change yourself for the EDGE hack.
Took 4 seconds.

How slow?
Hmm.
Well, Google.com takes about 10 seconds to load, as opposed to like 2 seconds with wifi.

My little symbol never changed to G though, still says E.[/QUOTE]

iPhone wasn't built with the "G" network in mind, I think it's only T-Mobile. It probably doesn't have the G symbol in the OS to show you.

Oh, I was thinking maybe the tweak would change the logo.
Like it changed my T-Mobile from the standard white to the little colorized one.

Google Maps is surprisingly snappy over T-Zones internet though, I was really surprised by that.
So I can always rely on that no matter where I am.

Ok, gotta go.

I thought it was edge, but because the hack is a proxy to get past tmobile blocking the http ports, it takes longer?

By the way. Something really cool happened today.

We had to pick up all these plasma screens we set up at Joe Louis Arena (Red Wings) and they had taken it upon themselves to move one of our screens to the other side of the city in Hockeytown cafe. Without telling us. So we spent like an hour looking for it before the manger told us.

To say he was sorry he let me and the guy I was with get our pictures taken holding the newly claimed Stanley Cup. He even had the official team photog take it. They are going to frame it and send it me in a week.

Slow internet sorta sucks, but it is a nifty phone and an iPod to boot.

I dunno. I'll have to think about it. I definitely wouldn't switch to AT&T for the iPhone. I guess if I can just add a $6 charge to my bill and get the slower web connection I might go through with it.

I wonder how they're gonna compress it from nearly 1GB to 350MB or whatever the new size cap is.

If it's on PartnerNet, it should be pretty easy to confirm/deny though.

[quote name='zewone']I want to drink ale out of the Stanley Cup so bad, you don't even know.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be cool to have a scaled down version and use it as a cereal bowl.

[quote name='zewone']I would definitely go with an iPhone over a shitty Sidekick.

I've had plenty of expensive phones and the iPhone blows them all out of the water by far.

You can probably get a cheap Gen1 iPhone, Rocko.[/quote]

Is the only difference between the new one and the old one the 3G?

If so, I wouldn't be taking advantage of that technology by using that $6 T-Mobile thing, right?

If that's the case then it would probably be smarter to get one on eBay or something.

motivate%20%2830%29.jpg

There are slight differences (flush headset, plastic vs. metal back, and supposed better battery life/audio quality).

But yes, you wouldn't be taking advantage of the 3G.

You can probably find them cheap right now, people were lowballin me $100 offers all day. fuck that.

I want a helicopter shaped like an iPhone w/ a wrecking ball.

EDIT: Linkin - I was talkin' about Moxio, but the bitch changed his XBL name right quick even though I was kidding. :rofl: ''tfnluvzdix'' ... made a silver account and everything.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']I dunno...is Burnout Paradise worth $30? Hated how they NFS'd the game.[/quote]

No, it's terrible. The camera is "aids" as the OTT kids would say. I imagine the only way its fun is if you play it online a lot.

Goddamn, cheapest 8GB BIN is $290, everything under that is either broken or a blatant Chinese knockoff.

This could be good. :whistle2:k

...I just don't understand why anyone would pay these $450+ prices on jailbroken 8GB iPhones after this announcement.

Why?

I mean, why would you pay anything above $200? They hacked the first iPhone in no time at all, this new one won't be any different.

Damn .. I'm guessing the LG 8600 doesn't have a sim card. I want an iPhone so bad but I'm on a pretty good family plan and I'm only paying $29.99 a month. I'm thinking if I get an iPhone and switch to ATT I'll be paying upwards of $65 a month. That sounds a bit too pricey of an upgrade just to have a kick ass phone.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Why?[/QUOTE]

Flagged by the community. They deleted anything that was over $200 and people keep posting about the 3G.

Guy called me back with that info, still offered me $150.

[quote name='Rocko']...I just don't understand why anyone would pay these $450+ prices on jailbroken 8GB iPhones after this announcement.

Why?

I mean, why would you pay anything above $200? They hacked the first iPhone in no time at all, this new one won't be any different.[/QUOTE]New one isn't that great.

$300 8GB iPhone still probably kicks most other phone's ass.

Plus the dollar is weak and a lot of those people are international buyers.

alpine.

---

right, Jimbo, they act like the EDGE iPhone is a fucking RAZR now.

It's still the best cellphone on the market and a kickass MP3 player.

[quote name='Mojimbo']New one isn't that great.

$300 8GB iPhone still probably kicks most other phone's ass.

Plus the dollar is weak and a lot of those people are international buyers.[/quote]

Well sure, but wouldn't a $200 8GB iPhone be much better?

This is true, I didn't consider that.

I'll probably end up getting a new one if I get one.

[quote name='Mojimbo']$50 for twice the memory and all the new features isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

I know, but I would be without a cell for a month.

I'll wait until they're actually out, maybe I can find someone who wants to buy it around then.

I really don't care that much if I end up with my current iPhone.

[quote name='Rocko']Well sure, but wouldn't a $200 8GB iPhone be much better?

This is true, I didn't consider that.

I'll probably end up getting a new one if I get one.[/QUOTE]You have to sell your soul to AT&T though for a new one.

You're computer literate and you still thought unlocking/hacking it was this extravagant task.

The average person doesn't want to deal with that shit, look at Best Buy's computer repair/installation service.

[quote name='Mojimbo']You have to sell your soul to AT&T though for a new one.

You're computer literate and you still thought unlocking/hacking it was this extravagant task.[/quote]
I'd think they'll be able to unlock this one too. But maybe not.

That's true, but I never looked into it, I just assumed based on eBay prices. I figured something that adds such a price hike to the product would be a tough job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back