The XBLA Wishlist Thread - What do you want from the Live Arcade?

Zombies Ate My Neighbors- Great childhold memories.. ohh man that game was scary when i played like in wat maybe age 5,6 not even. probably one of the first games i ever played.

Powerstone-self explanitory.

The Typing of the Dead - Have it for Dreamcast with two keyboards but I'd so buy it again.
Snatcher
Turtles in Time -
The X-Men arcade game with 6 player support!
Virtual On

Castle Crashers. I seriously remember seeing that game and wanting to buy a 360 just for that game. That was what, like a year ago? or two?

Powerstone would be cool too.

I'd love to see the Monkey Island game come to XBLA as well those were such awesome games, maybe full throttle as well :).

[quote name='PyroGamer']That would be crazy awesome to play Zork on a big HDTV with a wireless USB keyboard.[/quote]
That sounds totally weird. :cool: I think I'll try it tonight. I have Gametap and my PC is hooked up to a 37" HDTV!:lol:

If you are busting out older Rpgs, then i have a few:

Shadowrun Rpg SNES version
The Adventures of Willy Bemish....i miss it from sega cd days

Battletoads
Boogerman
Operation Wolf Arcade

maybe

Skull Monkeys Ps1

and

A paintball game

[quote name='peteloaf']Quake
Quake 3 Arena (I think a version of this is on it's way...)
Killer Instinct
Mechwarrior 2
You Don't Know Jack (The DLC for this would make a killing)
Loaded
Arch Rivals
King of Fighters '98
Any racing game with a build a track feature w/ online track sharing[/quote]I know that Quake2 was out for the Xbox360... a friend of mine has it listed on his games. And yeah, Im a huge Quake fan, Id love to see Quake3 and Quake out for Xbox, along with Doom2 (which should have been released with the XBLA Version of Doom.)
KI might actually happen though, considering its a Rare game. Depends on Nintendo's license on it.

[quote name='mogamer']That sounds totally weird. :cool: I think I'll try it tonight. I have Gametap and my PC is hooked up to a 37" HDTV!:lol:[/QUOTE]

They have text adventures? awesome!

[quote name='dimeadz']If you are busting out older Rpgs, then i have a few:

Shadowrun Rpg SNES version
[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite games of all time.
Also, wouldn't adventures like Moneky Island work better on the Wii? The Wiimote seems like a no brainer in terms of usability.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors has been on my wishlist since I got my 360.

The Simpsons and X-men arcade games would be delicious, as well.

And I could be mistaken, but I thought I read that Vigilante 8 was coming to XBLA in the near future.

The assorted 4 Player Co-Op side-scrollers that were all the rage back after TMNT: Simpsons, TMNT: Turtles in Time, X-Men, etc. Would love to see Final Fight or even more of the Double Dragon games. BATTLETOADS (adding a 3rd person) would be freaking great as well. Rampart as well...

If they did WW(E) WrestleFest, removed all "WWF" mentions and added new characters to the game, that'd be so worth 800 points.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I must have missed that game, was it any good? :lol:[/QUOTE]

The colon has a freaking list following it. Learn to read.

(I expect your comment is in jest, given that one of the other games has a subtitle with a colon, but I'm going to be snarky back JUST IN CASE~! ;-) )

Old Ultima games. In particular, V and VI. I can't for the life of me find a legal or illegal way to play them on my computer (I'm on a Mac).

Saturn games, specifically Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers. A Fire Pro Wrestling game would also be welcome.

[quote name='Halo05']Old Ultima games. In particular, V and VI. I can't for the life of me find a legal or illegal way to play them on my computer (I'm on a Mac).[/quote]

DOSBOX my friend.

They really need to come out with more classic arcade games. Personally i would rather buy classic games on xbox 360 for achievements and online play instead of Wii VC. But i would still perfer Contra 1 on Wii VC then the one they came out with on XBLA. Yeesh! More classics, less new games made for XBLA.

Oh and MrNEWZ, My bad, i was retarded and read your post wrong. Sorry bro.

[quote name='ryansxbox']NBA Jam[/QUOTE]
that would be awesome, but i have a feeling that licensing issues would make for a bunch of Bulls-SG, etc. with generic pictures. I don't know if they would have the funds to do like all-pro football and pay the individual players.

also, when and if quake 3 arena is released, i will explode.

[quote name='peteloaf']DOSBOX my friend.[/QUOTE]

I figured there was something like that. Thanks for the tip, off to google.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']
Originally Posted by The 7th Number
Oh and MrNEWZ, My bad, i was retarded and read your post wrong. Sorry bro.
All good. ;-)[/quote]
Don't apologize to him! :lol: He should have separated each title with quotations, or alternatively underlined or italicized them, while leaving the first colon untouched. Thus, all would be well with the grammar, usage and punctuation gods. ;)

What do you guys want out of XBLA? what are some of the games you'd like to see come up in the near future, and why they would make great Arcade titles.

My Choices are:

NBA Jam - Of course not for the SP, but the MP would be fantastic classic arcade experience

GTA/GTA2 - Its a no brainer, the classic GTA series would also be a good release for before GTA4 comes out.

Powerstone 1&2 - These games were awesome on the Dreamcast

Ghouls and Ghosts

The Original Half Life with HD options?

Only ones i can come up with for now, what are your guy's faves?

Marvel vs Capcom 2 would be amazing for it.

Chu Chu Rocket
Goldeneye 007
Game Shows. All kinds. Any kinds! Game Show Network has their own games. Some of them are pretty good. They even have their own flash games on their site.. so.. why are they not talking to Microsoft to put out some games?! I'm SURE there's a market out there on XBL for them!

Games like Final Fight 3, Captian Commando, and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

Original platformers would be nice as well

Also, Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and other game show games.

i know on the xbox forums a while back, everyone wanted the Simpsons/x-men arcade games
but they only added the TMNT arcade game.

TMNT IV would be awesome too because its probably the best TMNT game ever made.

I would love some of the older Capcom muliplayer side scroller games like Alien vs. Predator and Dungeons and Dragons: Tower of Doom.

Si-ni-star! Si-ni-star! Si-ni-star!

And Mr. Do. Never did get that game on any of the old compilation discs.

P.S. I would love NBA Jam, too, even with whatever roster and/or team changes they'd make, but I wonder if Midway would want to undercut their own 'arcade' full-priced title with this. You know shit like that comes into play in these decisions.

P.P.S. Why hasn't Nintendo released pixel-perfect ports of the arcade versions of Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr.? I mean, even the Wii can handle those!

[quote name='jollydwarf']

P.S. I would love NBA Jam, too, even with whatever roster and/or team changes they'd make, but I wonder if Midway would want to undercut their own 'arcade' full-priced title with this. You know shit like that comes into play in these decisions.
[/quote]

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition would be awesome. I like to consider doing 100 flips/spins from half way across the court and burning up the hoop as a favorite past time.

[quote name='TFN']NBA Jam: Tournament Edition would be awesome. I like to consider doing 100 flips/spins from half way across the court and burning up the hoop as a favorite past time.[/quote]

i havent played that game in years, but wasn't there a cheat to do a dunk from anywhere?

Original Final Fight, Both D&D arcade games, Marvel Vs capcom 2...with good music.
General Chaos would be great, this game was alot of fun with 4 players and we always had a good laugh while playing.
Ninja Gaiden Arcade game was fun too. Maybe even that old Castlevania Arcade game with some tweaks to make it possible to beat without mame cheats.

For the most part I hate the new games they are releasing.

I want The Incredible Machine. I know this has been announced/rumored but I want this game soon. Hopefully with some free DLC.

X-Men Arcade, easy.
Also some classic light gun shooters: House of the Dead and Virtua Cop would be cool.
Finally some Saturn/Dreamcast love: Guardian Heroes, Panzer Dragoon, Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram.

I dont understand with the success with UNO why can't they make more board and card games. I think for 400-800 pts u can get like scrabble, monopoly, sorry, risk, taboo, etc with online multiplayer that would make a killing for MS.

[quote name='Sporadic']They need to release Peggle tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

OOOH I forgot all about that!! YES, you are correct! PEGGLE ASAP

Also, isn't Feeding Frenzy 2 supposed to come out EVENTUALLY ?!

Simpsons Arcade
Dragons Lair & Space Ace
NARC
Q-Bert
Battletoads Arcade
Strider
Die Hard Arcade

The list of games they should be putting in (and highly doubt they will) could go on and on.

[quote name='H-Town Info']I dont understand with the success with UNO why can't they make more board and card games. I think for 400-800 pts u can get like scrabble, monopoly, sorry, risk, taboo, etc with online multiplayer that would make a killing for MS.[/QUOTE]

The only thing about Monopoly is that the game sessions would last about three or four million years.

[quote name='Brak']The only thing about Monopoly is that the game sessions would last about three or four million years.[/QUOTE]

Not really, I use to play Monopoly on games.com (back when it was free) and it would only take an hour or so to do a game.

I imagine that it would be faster on Xbox since you wouldn't have to type and play in slow ass Java.

Gradius 3
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter Alpha 3

More games like Catan and Carcassonne

Big Button Controller games

If they released Mega Man 1-4 I'd buy them all. Just for cheesemints.

I'd LOVE to see the Simpsons 4 player arcade game, Captain America and the Avengers 4 player arcade game, as well as the Xmen 4 player arcade.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 would be pretty kickass as well.

bread's done
Back