Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call CE/LE Announced

Diggeh

CAG Newbie
EDIT: Guess I wasn't going crazy after all!

antQCQQ.jpg

1oRMFd4.jpg

Collector’s Edition Announced; Additional Pre-Order Incentive Upgrades Fans to Free Limited Edition Version
LOS ANGELES (June 3, 2014) – Designed for every music and FINAL FANTASY® fan, SQUARE ENIX, Inc. today announced a Collector’s Edition and a pre-order incentive for its upcoming rhythm action game, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL™.

Limited to 5,000 copies, the first-ever Collector’s Edition for the THEATRHYTHM franchise will feature a branded Nintendo 3DS™ system Collector’s Pouch, a robust 20-track ‘THE BEST OF THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL’ Music CD, ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks)”, and five premium CollectaCards from the game. The Collector’s Edition will be available for $69.99 exclusively through the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.

Fans that pre-order the standard edition of the game will receive a complimentary upgrade to a Limited Edition version of the title, which includes the ‘THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL - REMIX SELECTIONS’ Music CD (five-tracks).” Pre-orders for THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL are now available through Amazon.

Featuring adorable miniaturized art style, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL includes 221 songs and over 60 playable characters from the FINAL FANTASY® franchise – including FINAL FANTASY VII: ADVENT CHILDREN® and FINAL FANTASY TACTICS®, as well as recently released titles like LIGHTNING RETURNS™: FINAL FANTASY XIII and FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn®. Players can relive nostalgic moments as they tap their way through key FINAL FANTASY events, field themes and battle arrangements. In addition, THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY: CURTAIN CALL will feature two brand-new modes, the competitive Versus Mode and Quest Medleys, which can be shared via Nintendo 3DS StreetPass™.

THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL will be available on Tuesday, September 16th for $39.99 exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system. The game is rated “T” (Teen). For more information on ratings, visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org.

Related Links
Official Website: www.theatrhythm.com
Official Facebook® Page: www.facebook.com/theatrhythm

=======================================================

Didn't see anything about this in my searching, so please tap to the rhythm if old.

I was checking my Amazon preorders when I noticed this small blurb on the Curtain Call page:

gVIlQRv.png

Strange description. Is the "alternative packaging" the game itself? Are they saying there's more to the "Limited Edition" than the CD sampler? Probably not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had it in my cart and thought about this. Shipping put the final nail in the coffin for me.
I am with you on that. The limited ed isn't so great at $80 after shipping. it's already at borderline barely worth it at the 69 price but I consider the shipping cost added a deal breaker. I don't even know if they'll add tax to that 69.99 too.
Love the LE, fuck the CE(i'm sure it'll still sell out before launch, despite being ludicrously priced+s&h+digital river).
I think you guys summed it up well. The more I mulled it over the more mad I got at Square Enix for this bullshit. The case wouldn't fit my 3DS XL, I don't want to deal with Digital River, and $10 shipping is bull honkey. I'll pre-order the LE and be happy with that.

I don't know what it is, but after seeing this CE my urge to purchase any sort of Collector's Editions just died, and I had no regrets buying Drakengard 3 CE at scalper prices. I'm not even interested in pre-ordering Disgaea 4 or Dangan 2 anymore. Probably just overgeneralizing, but SE fucked this up that bad.

I'm happy with the original one.  Also: there are two copies of the original available on Leaptrade right now, for those interested in trying it out.

Uggh... when is this game coming out? To my pre-order document!

Hopefully I don't have a ton of games preordered the month this comes out.

fuckin' $80 for a pretty gimpy CE. God I wish I had self-respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vita has a much lower install base. and the 3DS has the fanbase from the first game. Go figure. They could make a port, but that's up to Square if it's worth doing so.

In other news, did people get an email from square saying the regular edition is on preorder in Amazon with the extra music cd? Not the selection one, but the remixes cd included when you preorder.

If you looking at getting the normal game cheaper  try best buy

I took the target flyer over

Pre ordered  Pokemon and they took the   Final fantasy down to 19.99  (they would not allow me to use my unlock)   if you find someone willing to do the unlock   it would know it down to  11.99    

If you looking at getting the normal game cheaper try best buy

I took the target flyer over

Pre ordered Pokemon and they took the Final fantasy down to 19.99 (they would not allow me to use my unlock) if you find someone willing to do the unlock it would know it down to 11.99
That sounds incredibly YMMV though. Would the policy allow it?

That sounds incredibly YMMV though. Would the policy allow it?
manager allowed it here twice so far (but its up to the manager) but the last was a better deal..

I got disagea 4 for the vita (or whatever its called) they allowed me to buy it outright for 40 (then 8 with unlock) knocked it down to 32 and then they took the 15 off Final price was 17.

this time they said they would just take 20 off the price and knocking the 40 down to 20 (would been 12 if they allowed unlock) YMMV on this .

bread's done
Back