"TheMangoKnife really hates the 'Green Bay Fudge Packers'" OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lfptp07Dnw1qdfs7qo1_500.png

Now that I'm watching The Office, I remembered something I heard on the radio this morning...

Will Ferrel signed on for 4 episodes acting as an executive head that will help transition Micheal's leave and the new boss.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']That mario is very cute.[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of Paper Mario style, which I assume was intended.
I think if I ever got a total of 4 tattoos, they would all clump together in a sleeve of some sort, personally.
I'm always just scared I'm going to regret whatever I choose 10 years down the line. I still want to get something in memory of my mother. :|

Morning, OTT.
___

Hmm...Jeff Fisher was let go from Tennessee. I wonder if he would come back to Philly to be the Defensive Coordinator.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.
___

Hmm...Jeff Fisher was let go from Tennessee. I wonder if he would come back to Philly to be the Defensive Coordinator.[/QUOTE]

Unless he hasn't been tinkering with the Titans defense, his recent resume as a DC lately isn't exactly at a Dick LeBeau/Rex Ryan like level... :lol:

---

WTF, Sorny. Thank you for turning my console into a brick until you decide to release another firmware update.
It only does massive fuckups. :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shocked and sad to see Fisher leave my beloved Titans. He only ever got us to 1 superbowl (the best one in recent years) and came up 1 yard short but he is just a guy you want to coach your team. Does everything the right way with no scandals or craziness.

So we loose both Vince Young and Fisher......

On a unrelated note I am finally going to watch Inception tonight, I have been putting it off for a while now due to the length of it.

On yet another unrelated note, I have to travel to New York to work on a music video.

Great, I have fucked up my EA online account. I have a legacy account, and two new accounts with the DLC from ME2 on one but my XBL gamer tag is tied to another and I can't redo it.

I don't want to fuck it up by redeeming my DS2 code on the wrong account or possibly screw up combining them to get the ME2 DLC to work.

WHY THE fuck COULDN'T THEY HAVE JUST USED XBL and PSN CODES FOR THIS SHIT!

fuck!

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm always just scared I'm going to regret whatever I choose 10 years down the line. I still want to get something in memory of my mother. :|[/QUOTE]

This is the way I see it. As time goes on and you look back at tattoos, you may have some that you would no longer want to get if you made the decision today, but that doesn't mean you have to regret them. Tattoos make up a sort of road map of your life, I think. Even if you wouldn't get the tattoo again today, you can look back on it and realize why you did it back then, and its representative of a period of your life. Especially something like what you're discussing.

I would suggest you go to a tattoo parlor and discuss some ideas. Get some sort of idea of what you'd want done, and then sleep on it for a while and see what you think.

If anyone else gets that LBP2 and wants to play sometime hit me up. I got that shit yesterday and wouldn't mind playing with some people in the OTT.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']If anyone else gets that LBP2 and wants to play sometime hit me up. I got that shit yesterday and wouldn't mind playing with some people in the OTT.[/QUOTE]

I have it. Chika and I play it fairly regularly. When my PS3 is working.

Did I mention my PS3 is not working? Cause it's not. :bomb:

Man, I work for the Judge Joe Brown TV show and I just found out that every time I send someone on the show they get 3k and a free trip to Hollywood everything paid.

I have single-handedly earned other people (mostly idiots with stupid cases) tens of thousands of dollars. I dont know how I should feel about that.

On a related note, I viewed a case today where Mr. A let Mr. B borrow his car. Mr. B got pulled over for driving without a license and having multiple warrants. Mr. A is suing Mr. B because the police also confiscated the 5 pounds of weed, 2 ounces of heroin and a unregistered pistol in the process.

Mr. A wants all of this illegal drugs and weapons back.

Ha! I just got a call for a gig that requires me to follow a unnamed local celb around all day. The exact words were, if he plays bball with his friends shoot it, if he starts making out with someone shoot it, if he gets arrested try to follow as close as you can without getting arrested.

This will be either hilariously awesome or really shitty. I am going to guess shitty though.

Is your job lucrative, Soodmeg?

I'm being serious. Like, do you make good money working for all of these big shows or is it shitty grunt work?

I don't mean this in an offensive way, either. I'm genuinely curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf-cvCX7zZY

I finished the premiere episode of my Irate Gamer parody.

I reference a lot of his poopy jokes, so there might be some references that come off as a little weird.

(Click the video link so you can watch it at YouTube.com at its intended aspect ratio.)

[quote name='Rocko']Is your job lucrative, Soodmeg?

I'm being serious. Like, do you make good money working for all of these big shows or is it shitty grunt work?

I don't mean this in an offensive way, either. I'm genuinely curious.[/QUOTE]

MUAHAHAHA HELL NO!! :lol: Yes, No and everything in between.

It can be because there is no cap I make however much I can convince someone to pay me for. Working in TV/Film is not even close to the awesome adventure people think it is. Its all types of fun but there is a lot of bullshit you have to deal with the phrase starving artist applies heavily here....and people try to take advantage of you like crazy. You will be pretty much a bum for at least 5 years before you get your name out there enough to make money.

Being a freelance you have to look at it on a case by case situation. The day rate changes from state to state (A Michigan Camera op should make 200 bucks a day w/o is own gear and 350 with) an ENG audio guy should float around 150 to 200 bucks a day or 35 an hour. A day is 12 hours. Those rates go up depending on your skill level and how popular the "thing" that you are doing is. A camera op on Lost will make a shit ton more than one on Random cooking show. I am a Camera Op, ENG Sound Op,Boom Op and Stagehand those skills will allow you to demand more money than lets say a set PA.

I am kinda confused by what you mean as grunt work...

But each company has a different rate depending on what they are doing the skill set required to preform it and how long you are going to be doing it for within the budget of the project. It also depends on whether you are in a union or not (I am not) or whether you are staff or not. I am a freelance but many people work on the same show for years and that is set up kinda like a regular job with rises and such.

When I worked for MTV's Made I made 35 an hour, when I preformed the same job for TruTV I made 150 a day. The next week I made 10 bucks an hour cutting some of the worst concert footage together I have ever seen. Then made 75 bucks a day pulling cable for ESPN. Hell when I first started I got paid in Pizza coupons so I could actually eat. It also takes a endless amount of networking skills to get your name out there.

To Long Didnt Read version.

Yes it is very lucrative but it takes a really long time to get to that level unless you catch some breaks along the way. I didnt make shit (and I mean I literally posted a negative amount) the first 3 years of my career but now I am at the point where I am making a decent amount and hopefully in a few years I can command mid range money and then after that I can command top dollar.

I hope that answer your question....working in media is a cluster fuck because there is no one way to do anything. Also it is very common to take less money to do something cool. I often will lower my rate to work for MTV because it looks great on a resume, same with movies. To have my named linked to a well known movie is worth taking less or no money.

[quote name='Number83']Had my review today...It's nice to know, on a scale of 1 - 5, I am a solid 3.

:proud:[/QUOTE]

At a previous job where your pay increase each year was based upon your yearly review. (3 got 3% increase, 4 got 4% etc) It was commonly known that everyone got 3s, no matter what. You had to 'walk on water' to get 5, and 4s were always offered as promises for next year if you did more.

[quote name='Brak']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf-cvCX7zZY

I reference a lot of his poopy jokes, so there might be some references that come off as a little weird.

(Click the video link so you can watch it at YouTube.com at its intended aspect ratio.)[/QUOTE]

Lol. I loved this. The best part was the dubbing. Not bad for a faegott!

[quote name='Brak']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf-cvCX7zZY

(Click the video link so you can watch it at YouTube.com at its intended aspect ratio.)[/QUOTE]

noice.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Brak, your parodies keep getting better with each release- have you ever gotten a response from him?[/QUOTE]
I haven't! I'd be interested to know if he's ever seen any of them, though.

There are a good bunch of other parodists you can see at http://youtube.com/irategamerparodies , by the by.

The Save-State Gamer and The Third Rate Gamer are a couple of my favorites. Irate Gainer's impersonation of Irate Gamer is spot-on -- I wish he did more videos.

My PC finally booted up...ended up having to re-install windows, but I think I inadvertently f'd up my 1TB drive as its blank :whistle2:(

Oh well, nothing that can't be recovered with time. Glad I had backed up my son's pictures before this happened.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']hey brak, that was really good.
why do you keep ignoring me

is it because you don't want to

collab anymore[/QUOTE]
I still do, dummy!

I think you're full of shit. The guy had a gimmick. I think Michael Cera should win for The Social Network. He was so good you couldn't even tell it was him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back