These pictures of the riots in Greece are BAD ASS.

[quote name='camoor']Next time you wonder why the world hates ugly Americans, take a good, long look in the mirror.[/quote]

Why? Because he wants to punch pretentious douchebags with bad haircuts in the face?

That shit is universal.

[quote name='camoor']Next time you wonder why the world hates ugly Americans, take a good, long look in the mirror.[/QUOTE]

all these reactions about americans being lazy are in the worst context ever. american laziness is a problem, but using these riots as the measuring rod is retarded. They're rioting over a possible accidental shooting. yeah, way to use the power of the people :roll: Even if the shooting was deliberate, this is no reason to shut down the country with riots, causing more destruction (and possibly more death) in the process. Talk about emotional overflow...

also, boston.com has the best photographers ever. they always seem to have perfect shots!

[quote name='ninja dog']all these reactions about americans being lazy are in the worst context ever. american laziness is a problem, but using these riots as the measuring rod is retarded. They're rioting over a possible accidental shooting. yeah, way to use the power of the people :roll: Even if the shooting was deliberate, this is no reason to shut down the country with riots, causing more destruction (and possibly more death) in the process. Talk about emotional overflow...

also, boston.com has the best photographers ever. they always seem to have perfect shots![/quote]

I think his point lies in the fact that shit like this happens in the States daily.. especially in bad cities, like Baltimore. Here, civil rights mean nothing. Cops do whatever they want.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I think his point lies in the fact that shit like this happens in the States daily.. especially in bad cities, like Baltimore. Here, civil rights mean nothing. Cops do whatever they want.[/QUOTE]

no it doesn't. 15 year old kids aren't shot daily by police in any city. it happens a few times a year in the states, but this is a big country. Corrupt actions occur daily, but that's a problem that can't be solved with rioting. the problem goes much deeper.

Anyway, it's a camoor post...he's like the worst self-hating american on the board. a typical knee jerk reaction to anyone who seems *against* the protesters.

[quote name='ninja dog']no it doesn't. 15 year old kids aren't shot daily by police in any city. it happens a few times a year in the states, but this is a big country. Corrupt actions occur daily, but that's a problem that can't be solved with rioting. the problem goes much deeper.

Anyway, it's a camoor post...he's like the worst self-hating american on the board. a typical knee jerk reaction to anyone who seems *against* the protesters.[/quote]

I aint saying he's right or wrong.. but take it from someone actually from Europe, Americans are much more apathetic than Europeans. I think it's also a recent thing too.. remember the 1992 riots?

[quote name='PhrostByte']I aint saying he's right or wrong.. but take it from someone actually from Europe, Americans are much more apathetic than Europeans. I think it's also a recent thing too.. remember the 1992 riots?[/QUOTE]

sure, I also remember the more recent WTO and NAFTA protests in 1999, 2000, and 2001. oh, and the several other smaller scale protests that occur every year at a variety of places for however many under-publicized causes. It's an apathetic place overall (as the majority of the world is), but I'm glad people don't resort to rioting when it comes to some kid getting shot under unconfirmed circumstances.

That flower picture is the fakest shot in the bunch...the rest of the pics are of cars, buildings, and cops burning.

All of this over a spilled cup of milk

iStockSpilledMilkB.jpg

Picture 21 sums the whole issue up nicely. Sure there's a lot of people who really believe in what they're fighting for over there but then there's plenty of fuck-tards who just want to buck the system and fight the power for no other reason than to cause damage.

Youth Protests..the Ultimate cliche'.....

They all go home to their parents after the riots so mom can cook them mac n cheese or beg dad to give them $50 and not to forget to pay their cell phone bill. :p

[quote name='PhrostByte']But everyone needs a good riot every now and then! :lol:[/QUOTE]

I know you're joking, but seriously, they're just a bunch of rich college kids fucking up other people's shit at this point. there's nothing noble about it. (the "rich" comment comes from people's comments on boston.com, appraising their clothing :lol: )

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that those pics were screencaps from a trailer for a movie I wasn't aware of.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Picture 21 sums the whole issue up nicely. Sure there's a lot of people who really believe in what they're fighting for over there but then there's plenty of fuck-tards who just want to buck the system and fight the power for no other reason than to cause damage.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity I looked up Rigas Feraios on Wikipedia. Turns out he was an advocate of Greek independence back when Greece was ruled by the Ottoman Empire. The fact that his statue was defiled speaks volumes about the intelligence level of these protesters. It'd be like someone burning an effigy of Harvey Milk to protest Proposition 8.

[quote name='dinovelvet']For some reason I laughed my ass off at Photo #10. Just the image of someone screaming at the top of his lungs at someone who is standing half a foot away, I guess.[/quote]

Just another day in tech support.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Just another day in tech support.[/quote]

vista.jpg

Looks like Cheapy's Kid isnt the only one hurt by the RROD.

I love when angry video game nerds decide to display their generic rage against America on a forum for six people to see.

Only in America, I guess? It's like our own, safer form of rioting.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to avenge the death of an innocent kid by putting even more innocent people in danger and by destroying their property.

I think it's even better to trash Americans for not following this flawless logic.

^ If those police shields didn't have the text on them to tie this picture to a specific event, footage of that would undoubtedly be used in a zombie movie's intro credits. A la the DotD remake.

Pieces of shit stupid generic left-wing hippie youths who don't even know what they're talking about but want to fit in with their stupid "FIGHT THE POWER / BUCK THE SYSTEM / DOWN WITH THE ESTABLISHMENT" friends. Kill 'em all. Almost every single one of these kids looks like someone who I'd want to punch in the face (except the chick in #7, I'd hit that like a double cheeseburger. She reminds me of Mary Tyler Moore).

I hate the sort of mentality that makes them think that putting innocent people at risk, injuring officers, and destroying property indiscriminately is going to make anyone take their case seriously. And they scrawled a stupid anarchy symbol on a statue of Rigas Feraios, for god's sake. The mind boggles at how stupid these spoiled little ignorant rich college hipster "radicals" can be, and just how little critical thinking goes into their stances and actions. It's clearly a "fit in with the crowd" thing.

Great pics though. They really do look like staged stills from a movie or something.

Supposedly this Grigoropoulos kid was hanging with a group of kids tossing firebombs at cops, so I don't see why him being shot should spark riots. Sounds like a pretty good reason to shoot someone. Hasty and probably unnecessary, yes, but not worth three days of dangerous, violent rioting. I mean, the officer who did it is already off to trial; what more do they want? What are they even fighting for?

Also,

I'MMA FIRIN MAH LAZAH:
a24_17337689.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Halo05']Just out of curiosity I looked up Rigas Feraios on Wikipedia. Turns out he was an advocate of Greek independence back when Greece was ruled by the Ottoman Empire. The fact that his statue was defiled speaks volumes about the intelligence level of these protesters. It'd be like someone burning an effigy of Harvey Milk to protest Proposition 8.[/QUOTE]

They have no idea why they're rioting other than the fact that they want to raise hell without repurcussions. Their use the anarchy symbol is the exact reason anarchy is a farce, without consequences for our actions society could not function.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']^ If those police shields didn't have the text on them to tie this picture to a specific event, footage of that would undoubtedly be used in a zombie movie's intro credits. A la the DotD remake.[/QUOTE]

They can just write that off as footage from around the world, still would work

bread's done
Back