think mario galaxy 2 will come to wii?

if they make one, it would be awesome if they made it online multiplayer too. Thatd be pretty sweet. Of course it probably be much harder to coordinate whos grabbing what stars, lol.

Impossible to say, EAD Tokyo might of gotten creative freedom to do anything they want after the success of Mario Galaxy.

[quote name='Squarehard']if they make one, it would be awesome if they made it online multiplayer too. Thatd be pretty sweet. Of course it probably be much harder to coordinate whos grabbing what stars, lol.[/quote]

No it wouldn't. Online is something the big N just can't get right because they are to cheap to buy servers worth a shit.

[quote name='pacemakerguy']well they announced something big at the end of the year, zelda? mario? metroid? hope it's next mario![/QUOTE]
do you think that mario galaxy 2 would be good? i think itd be pretty good if nintendo really tries!

[quote name='pacemakerguy']well they announced something big at the end of the year, zelda? mario? metroid? hope it's next mario![/quote]
I bet the big Nintendo game of the year will be whatever Retro is doing (other than the New Play Control Metroid Prime games of course).

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']if so will it be worth the buy?

i'll need some help beating it too[/quote]
These are two separate statements, right? Squarehard seems to be the only one so far responding to the second one. "Grabbing stars" is a pretty good euphemism.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']i hope not! i hope maybe a new mario game or a new game.[/quote]
Even better, maybe a New Mario New game! That will help you while you beat it!

In MG1, the bee costume SHOULD have made Mario come off more feminine, like Bugs Bunny looks when he gets all whored up to cocktease Elmer. That shortcoming in the bee costume was a huge design flaw, and I'm shocked to this day that it got by that crazy fucker Miyamoto.

If they don't make the bee costume sexier and/or more whorish in MG2, then the game is fated to be a steaming pile. Sorry fanbois.

[quote name='Matt Young']LOL, I wonder how many people get this topic.[/quote]
That's a great idea for a game! Will you help me beat it?

[quote name='wii skiier']That's a great idea for a game! Will you help me beat it?[/QUOTE]
ok so i was at the part on chapter 7 and theres the part where the poster said i wonder if anyone gets it so i ran out of ammo and then i died so i tried again and same thing happened i am so frustrated!!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']ok so i was at the part on chapter 7 and theres the part where the poster said i wonder if anyone gets it so i ran out of ammo and then i died so i tried again and same thing happened i am so frustrated!![/quote]
But did you beat it?

[quote name='LostRoad']No it wouldn't. Online is something the big N just can't get right because they are to cheap to buy servers worth a shit.[/quote]

Seems just fine with Mariokart. Sure SSBB was terrible online, but at least Mariokart was pretty stable and did not have spikes up the wazoo, and no massive delay either.

[quote name='Squarehard']Seems just fine with Mariokart. Sure SSBB was terrible online, but at least Mariokart was pretty stable and did not have spikes up the wazoo, and no massive delay either.[/quote]

More than just SSBB is dog shit online. Red Steal, FF:CC ,Castlevania: Judgment and BW is decent at best. Never played MK so I can't speak on how it handles and the last and only game I will be putting myself though on their third world hamster powered servers is Monster Hunter, and even then Im sure I will get more enjoyment from the off line parts.

[quote name='LostRoad']More than just SSBB is dog shit online. Red Steal, FF:CC ,Castlevania: Judgment and BW is decent at best. Never played MK so I can't speak on how it handles and the last and only game I will be putting myself though on their third world hamster powered servers is Monster Hunter, and even then Im sure I will get more enjoyment from the off line parts.[/quote]

I was mainly talking about Nintendo published games. I can care less about Red Steel(POS), FF:CC actually is not that bad, and syncs up pretty well with the DS too, so not sure what youre talking about, and the last two, mer.

yeah i tried to go online with my wii. it wouldnt worked. i tried and tried and even made a topic about it but i couldnt fix it. i called juno and told them their dialup was a piece of dog shit. also i snapped my mario kart disc in half. but that was before i called juno

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']yeah i tried to go online with my wii. it wouldnt worked. i tried and tried and even made a topic about it but i couldnt fix it. i called juno and told them their dialup was a piece of dog shit. also i snapped my mario kart disc in half. but that was before i called juno[/quote]
Did you beat it while you called Juno? I'm really in support of you beating it, given your initial level of concern.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']yeah i tried to go online with my wii. it wouldnt worked. i tried and tried and even made a topic about it but i couldnt fix it. i called juno and told them their dialup was a piece of dog shit. also i snapped my mario kart disc in half. but that was before i called juno[/quote]

Juno and Wii dont mix

[quote name='Squarehard']I was mainly talking about Nintendo published games. I can care less about Red Steel(POS), FF:CC actually is not that bad, and syncs up pretty well with the DS too, so not sure what youre talking about, and the last two, mer.[/quote]

What does it matter who published the games? Do you really think that Capcom, Square Enix, and Ubisoft ( Battalon Wars is a Nintendo published game )don't understand network coding? FF:CC is that bad, on forums in the states and in Japan people have been complaining about the lag while playing online with the game. Just because you can system link with a ds in the same room as you means shit, system link is not online. Also not careing about other games with said problem does not mean it is still not an issue that needs to be addressed.

[quote name='KingBroly']There will not be Super Mario Galaxy 2.

The next Mario game will be called "New Super Mario Bros. 2"[/quote]
and your proof is??

[quote name='pacemakerguy']and your proof is??[/QUOTE]
yea i wish kingbroly would back up his so called "information" with sources. he wont have one of course. why would he?? he will just say that shigeruo miyamato is his uncle or someting lol

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']yea i wish kingbroly would back up his so called "information" with sources. he wont have one of course. why would he?? he will just say that shigeruo miyamato is his uncle or someting lol[/quote]
And he is so cheap that he will probably have his uncle help him beat it.

[quote name='soonersfan60']1 Mario per machine these days. Galaxy 2 will be on the Wii Wii...[/QUOTE]

This.

There hasn't been a Nintendo console that had more than a single Mario game since the SNES.

[quote name='Corvin']This.

There hasn't been a Nintendo console that had more than a single Mario game since the SNES.[/quote]

Off the top of my head... Super Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy...

[quote name='Corvin']Not even remotely what I meant.[/QUOTE]
but still u know they made like 14 mario partys u know. i mean thats like a mario game. especially since mario is still stomping on a koopa. in fact i think that should be a qualifier to determine whether or not a mario game is a mario game. which would make every non mario game a mario game if u think about it. heck even mario teaches typign had koopa stomping action in it.

so i think u should reevaluate ur opinion that each nintendo console only has one mario game. seriously.

Mario has a core franchise in the platformer/adventure genre. Everything else is a spin-off/cameos in other genres.

The core series is as such:
Mario Bros. (Arcade)
Super Mario Bros. 1-3 (NES)
Super Mario Land 1 & 2 (GB)
Super Mario World (SNES)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Super Mario Sunshine (GCN)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
New Super Mario Bros. (DS)

So excluding Yoshi's Island(SNES), since you don't play as Mario, there haven't been multiple Mario games in the core franchise on a single system since the 80's. I think the DS has a stronger chance of getting a sequel than the Wii. I would welcome either though.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you include NSMB, then you'd have to include Super Mario Land -- a game having a sequel on the same system after the release of the SNES.

But that doesn't mean I think there'll be a second on the Wii.

I would like a Super Mario Sunshine 2 or New Super Mario Brothers 2....but switch it up make it for the Wii instead of the DS....it would work wouldn't it?.

This whole topic (actually maybe just Wii Skiier's replies) reminds me of Mallrats, when the guy is on stage at the dating game thing telling his story and the bachelor (Dante from Clerks) is listening intently and asks, "Well, did you cum?" Hilarious. I'm not helping you beat it. Thanks though, but I'm going to pass.

Well, since they've never made two Mario games on a console (since the NES), how about they just make another game with Yoshi and Baby Mario?

luigis mansion is cool and everything. but this topic is about mario galaxy 2. or as my friends and i call it bubsy 3d 2. so plz dont derail my topic. ok this is strictly about speculation on a sequel to mario galaxy nothing else

[quote name='Redeema']Hilarious. I'm not helping you beat it. Thanks though, but I'm going to pass.[/QUOTE]
no one asked you to help me beat it. all i stated was that i will need help. that's up to you if you want to infer that i am asking you specifically for help (i wasn't) or asking cag for help (i wasnt) don't worry that thread will cum in time.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']luigis mansion is cool and everything. but this topic is about mario galaxy 2. or as my friends and i call it bubsy 3d 2. so plz dont derail my topic. ok this is strictly about speculation on a sequel to mario galaxy nothing else[/QUOTE]

Since no game I know of by the name of Mario Galaxy 2 even exists you are being quite childish about "your" thread. Oh, and Mario Party is about as much of a platformer as Punch Out is a golf game.

Sheesh.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']new mario galaxy cuming to wii i told u guys it would BIG BUMPIN[/QUOTE]

I'm pleasantly surprised, but Reggie(or was it Cammie) confirmed what I said about about multiple Mario titles.

Mario Party is not a platformer, not in the slightest since of the term.

bread's done
Back