Thinking of Selling 360

Dem Pyros

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
(No idea where this should go, got locked in the 360 Discussion forum).

I'm thinking of selling my Xbox 360, as I don't play it all that much anymore and could put the money towards more useful things.

One thing on my mind.

Is $300 too much to ask for a newly-refurbished Elite with all bundled accessories + vision cam, 3 months of live, and a keyboard?

The problem is the refurb part...everyone knows that buying any 360 used is like rolling the dice, you never know if you are gonna get someones refurb...or someones "about to RROD" unit. I wouldn't pay $300 for one used when I could pay $300 for a brand new non-elite, or $100 more for a brand new elite with warranty and peace of mind, ya know?

Good luck tho...

[quote name='HeadRusch']The problem is the refurb part...everyone knows that buying any 360 used is like rolling the dice, you never know if you are gonna get someones refurb...or someones "about to RROD" unit. I wouldn't pay $300 for one used when I could pay $300 for a brand new non-elite, or $100 more for a brand new elite with warranty and peace of mind, ya know?

Good luck tho...[/QUOTE]

That's the point, just like I DID to EBGAMES, my 360 got RROD, and I did the towel trick, and fixed it temporarily, and went to EB, and gave it in trade in, they tested it, and it worked.And I got 80$ for it, and with a couple of trade ins, went to another EB, and bought me an arcade one for 200$ brand new.

[quote name='Dem Pyros'](No idea where this should go, got locked in the 360 Discussion forum).

I'm thinking of selling my Xbox 360, as I don't play it all that much anymore and could put the money towards more useful things.

One thing on my mind.

Is $300 too much to ask for a newly-refurbished Elite with all bundled accessories + vision cam, 3 months of live, and a keyboard?[/QUOTE]

IMO $300 is too much.

Okay, thanks for the opinions.

The thing with being used "rolling the dice" is that it's not used since it was refurbished, and with Microsoft's new refurbs (it is a new unit, FYI) I don't think that the whole "gambling" idea is rather bogus.

Besides that, why is asking for $100 off a new console with some bundled accessories too much? A new arcade unit with a 120gb HDD would be more.

[quote name='Dem Pyros']Okay, thanks for the opinions.

The thing with being used "rolling the dice" is that it's not used since it was refurbished, and with Microsoft's new refurbs (it is a new unit, FYI) I don't think that the whole "gambling" idea is rather bogus.

Besides that, why is asking for $100 off a new console with some bundled accessories too much? A new arcade unit with a 120gb HDD would be more.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, that the reason I did that trick at EB, was because MS, sent me that refurbished unit, and when I tried to get another free repair for the RROD, they gave me a hard time, even the unit was still registered to the other owner, and besides that they then said that the addres I gave was not correct, even though it was the one they sent that unit to...

[quote name='muhsheesuh']a used 120gb HDD + a refurbished arcade unit would not be much more.[/quote]
...than wouldn't a "used" elite with extras be a better deal?

To be honest I may be even happier with getting a used 360 as opposed to a refurb unit that was known to have problems, hence its having it being sent to microsoft and "fixed" because it most likely RRoD'd. As long as the warranty is sufficient a used 360 is fine to me.

If you can sell your unit + extras for $300, kudos to you. However I highly doubt that will happen.

I do think that's a bit much, especially since I'm shopping for a 360 after mine getting an RROD, and I'd only be drawn to a refurb by a good (Trustable) deal.

120 gigs are going down in price. from 130-90 at target, so no, it isn't cheaper to buy an arcade then a 120 from you. Sorry man.

i think it's a fair price for someone who is looking for that setup. On the other hand with the new processors coming out you're going to see a very unwilling market.
I'd post your deal as is on craigslist or other communities that are less informed than Hydro2Oxide (and maybe not as cheap as the rest of us :) )

bread's done
Back