Third Party Headsets?

GamerInterface

CAGiversary!
I don't like the MS headset; looking at Turtle Beach and Tritton. *Very* skeptical that the $150s are twice as good as the $70s. Got a preference?

The Tritton AX120s I used are trash. They broke within two weeks and I had only used them maybe 5 or 6 times total. They weren't that great on the sound quality either and all of the Turtle Beaches I've used have been nothing more than average.

Something to consider is the RocketFish Universal PS3, PC, 360 wired headset that's on sale at Best Buy for just $15. I was skeptical because I've had bad experiences with RocketFish, but it's a phenomenal headset, especially for the price. It has great bass, it's comfortable, and it has a lot of other neat features.

I use wireless Logitech F540s and they are excellent, even for plain ol' stereo output. Beef it up with a digital surround sound processor (Turtle Beach sells one for about $40) and it sounds amazing.

You could probably find a sub-$100 price on eBay or something, seems to be the going price now.

Stay away from Turtle Beach, they have a horrible reverb and echoing effect. Not to mention the annoying ass buzzing sound people will hear when you speak.

[quote name='dotCody']Stay away from Turtle Beach, they have a horrible reverb and echoing effect. Not to mention the annoying ass buzzing sound people will hear when you speak.[/QUOTE]

huh????

Turtle Beach headsets are awesome. My friends and I have them and they sound great. They come in loud and clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09bk3KYN46A
In the above video, my friend, FoulestGolem is using X11's, I believe. Very loud and clear. We actually have to tell her to point her mic further out so her volume doesn't overwhelm the weaker mics in the party for the recordings we do. The other girl, TrinityQiTrance is using a PC headset from Plantronics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzSjNb4yUyA
I believe Kissy840 was using the standard Xbox 360 headset. When she's gaming competitively (like in COD or L4D1/2), she uses some wireless Turtle Beaches (X42's or X32's, I can't remember). Same thing for another friend of mine (MatteDSage). He uses the standard 360 headset when casually playing and puts on the surround sound TB's when competitive play is on.

The mics are super sensitive though so you can't put the mic directly in front of your mouth. Instead, you rather point it away from the mouth. And if you have creaky chairs or fans, people will hear them.

I have the X12's with the DSS2 surround sound. Best accessory I have for the 360.

I have the px5s and i love them. Only issue ive had is interference with my wireless router occassionally which i could probably solve if i gave it any effort.

Turtle Beaches are amazing. The only bad thing about them is that they're made out of glass. (sarcasm)

I've had the X11s for over 9 months. They made a big difference especially since I have trouble hearing while playing due to my setup.

The only issues I have is with the physical makeup. Adjusting the headband should be more firm. Also the shield on the wires (the 3 wires that branch out) is loose like how cheap headphones end up being.

bread's done
Back