This is the last OTT. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow,

I feel a little guilty. There's lots of layoffs going on around here, and I just got handed $75 in gift-cards plus some other stuff at my going away party.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm sure you'll have PSP/DS packed and ready to go. :D[/quote]

They are both fully charged and ready to go if called into action. If it's anything like the first one I'm going to need it.

Here's a tip for all of you non-fathers out there: When the wife is in labor for 12 hours (all night) don't complain how much your feet hurt from standing next to her. I won't make that mistake again.

[quote name='tiredfornow']nsfw? booty # 2 and still strugglin' with those jeans.

[/QUOTE]

Nice, is there a story behind this I missed?

Is not.

I'm considering renting the first SAW movie with my BBO envelope... Should I? Or go for something else.

[quote name='dallow']In other news:

[/quote]

I believe pointing and laughing hysterically at dallow is in order: sucka. :lol:

[quote name='javeryh']They are both fully charged and ready to go if called into action. If it's anything like the first one I'm going to need it.

Here's a tip for all of you non-fathers out there: When the wife is in labor for 12 hours (all night) don't complain how much your feet hurt from standing next to her. I won't make that mistake again.[/quote]I'm betting you will need both of them. Times like that call for extra batteries in the pipeline, or bringing AC adapters with.

And about the "my feet hurt" situation, I think I learned that little fact a long time ago. The issues with passing something the size of a basketball through an orifice the size of a quarter, uh, yeah, my feet problems won't compare. :rofl:

[quote name='shrike4242']I'm betting you will need both of them. Times like that call for extra batteries in the pipeline, or bringing AC adapters with.

And about the "my feet hurt" situation, I think I learned that little fact a long time ago. The issues with passing something the size of a basketball through an orifice the size of a quarter, uh, yeah, my feet problems won't compare. :rofl:[/quote]
I've always wondered, is there a Mrs. Shrike, or a Shrike Jr.? I would expect that having you as a father would be the most boring, painful childhood ever. "If you even think about sneaking out tonight... I'm banhammering you from life. Just fucking try me, boy."

Just one Preemptive Shrike on one's childhood would be enough to ruin anyone's spirit.

[quote name='wubb']Nah, the kid would be born gripping a ban hammer. ;)[/quote]

His first words would be "TOS violation!"

Morning OTT. I didn't bike today. I did bike eight days in a row though, so I guess that's ok. I played DDR instead.

Edit: Ratatouille is directed by Brad Bird? I guess I have to see it now.

[quote name='wubb']Awesome. I'll check that one out. Also thinking about getting Cold Mountain (never caught the flick.)[/quote]

Great book but I found "Thirteen Moons" to be a bit better. I recommend both however.

I grabbed All Souls Rising from the library, Makler. However I ended up going way overboard with the holds I put in and had like 10 books waiting for me. Not sure I'll actually read it.

[quote name='Hex']I've always wondered, is there a Mrs. Shrike, or a Shrike Jr.? I would expect that having you as a father would be the most boring, painful childhood ever. "If you even think about sneaking out tonight... I'm banhammering you from life. Just fucking try me, boy."

Just one Preemptive Shrike on one's childhood would be enough to ruin anyone's spirit.[/quote]
Mrs. Shrike, yes, Shrike Jr., no.

Only way to find out about the type of father I'd be is to be one. :D

[quote name='wubb']Nah, the kid would be born gripping a ban hammer. ;)[/quote]Damn right. ;)

[quote name='Hex']His first words would be "TOS violation!"[/quote]Either that, or GTFO. :D

So one of my friends, who has been in Iran since December, should be home in three weeks. :)
[quote name='Brak']This new intern at my work looks good. ;o[/QUOTE] Damn, dallow brings out everyone's inner stalker. :whistle2:k :lol:
[quote name='Brak']A graphic novel from the library?

... the shit?[/QUOTE] Yeah, they carry them here, too.
[quote name='dallow']Nice, I'm a verb now.[/QUOTE] Not really a flattering one, though. :lol:

And :drool: :drool: :drool: to the newest pic from TFN. You know you can PM me a few of those too, right? ;)

[quote name='wubb']I grabbed All Souls Rising from the library, Makler. However I ended up going way overboard with the holds I put in and had like 10 books waiting for me. Not sure I'll actually read it.[/quote]

icon14.gif
At first I was kinda liking it but was thrown off by the French and Voodoo terms but the further into the story the more I'm liking it. I'm getting to that point of being so into it that I'm jamming through 70 pages at a time on my short bus ride. I will say though that the part I'm at now gets pretty gruesome (especially if you have a vivid imagination :)).

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So one of my friends, who has been in Iran since December, should be home in three weeks. :)

Damn, dallow brings out everyone's inner stalker. :whistle2:k :lol:[/quote]What's he been doing there, advance scout for the next military action we're going to undertake? :whistle2:s

And yes, dallow is bringing out everyone's inner stalker, for those that have one. :whistle2:s

[quote name='shrike4242']What's he been doing there, advance scout for the next military action we're going to undertake? :whistle2:s

And yes, dallow is bringing out everyone's inner stalker, for those that have one. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE] No, actually he got married to a girl there last summer. :lol:

Well, who doesn't? ;)

"An Attempt To Tip The Scales"

Did you expect it all to stop at the wave of your hand?
Like the sun's just going to drop if it's night you demand.
Well, in the dark we're just air so the house might dissolve.
But once we are gone, who's gonna care if we were ever here at all?
Well, summer's going to come, it's gonna cloud our eyes again.
No need to focus when there's nothing that's worth seeing.
So we trade liquor for blood in an attempt to tip the scales.
I think you lost what you loved in that mess of details.
They seemed so important at the time
but now you can't even recall any of the names, faces, or lines.
It's more the feeling of it all.
Well, winter is going to end, I'm going to clean these veins again.
So close to dying that I finally can start living.​

R: Hi, we're back, this is radio K[beep]x and we're here with Conor Oberst of the band Bright Eyes.
How are you doing Conor?
C: Fine, thanks, just a little wet...
R: Oh it’s still coming down out there?
C: yeah, I sort of had to run from the car...
R: well, we are glad you made it! Now, your new album, “Fevers and Mirrors”.. tell us a little about the title,
I know there's a good deal of repeated imagery in the lyrics; fevers, mirrors, scales, clocks...
Could you discuss some of this?
C: Sure. Let's see, the fever's...
R: First, First let me say that, this is a brilliant record man, we're all really into it here at the station,
we get lots of calls, its really good stuff.
C: Thanks... Thanks a lot...
R: So talk about some of the symbolisms...
C: the fever?
R: sure!
C: well, the fever is basically, what ever ails you, or presses you... It could be anything, in my case it’s my neurosis
my... depression...but I don’t want it to be limited to that... it's certainly different for different people...
so, what ever keeps you up at night...
R: I see...
C: and the, and the mirror's like, as you might have guessed, self-examination, or reflection, or whatever form...
this could be vanity, or self loathing... I, I know I’m, I’m guilty of both...
R: That’s interesting... How about the scales?
C: The scales are essentially our attempt to solve our problems quantitatively, through logic or rationalization...
In my opinion it’s often fruitless, but... always, no, not always...
And the clocks and calenders is uh... is just... time... our little measurements, its like, its always chasing after us.
R: It is... It is...
Uh, How about this Arienette, how does she fit into all this?
C: Umm, I’d prefer not to talk about it... in case she's listening...
R: Oh, I’m sorry; I didn't realize she was a real person.
C: She's not. I made her up...
R: Oh, So she's not real?
C: Just as real as you or I...
R: I don’t think I understand...
C: Neither do I, but after I grow up, I will. I mean a lot... A lot of things…are really unclear for me right now...
R: That’s interesting. Ah, now you mentioned your depression...
C: ...No I didn’t...
R: You're from Nebraska right?
C: Yeah... so?
R: Now, let me now if I’m getting to personal, but there seem to be a pretty dark past back there somewhere...
what was it like for you growing up?
C: Dark? Not really... uh... actually I had a great childhood, my parents were wonderful, I went to a catholic school.
They have... they had money so... it... It was all... easy... basically I had everything I wanted... handed to me...
R: Really? So some of the references like babies in bathtubs, are not biographical?
C: Well I do have a brother who died in a bathtub, drowned... actually I had five brothers who died that way...
R: Hah!
C: No, I’m serious... My mother drowned one every year for... five consecutive years...
they were all named “Padriac”, so, that’s…they all got one song...
R: Hmm...
C: It’s kinda like... Walking out the door, to discover it’s a window...
R: But your music is certainly very personal.
C: of course, I put a lot of myself into what I do. But It’s like, being an author you have to,
free yourself to use symbolism and allegory to reach your goal...
and... And a part of that is, compassion, empathy for other people and, and their situations.
Some of what I sing comes from other people’s experiences as well as my own...
It…It shouldn't matter; the message is intended to be universal.
R: I see what you mean...
C: Can you make that sound stop please?
R: Yes! And your goal?
C: I don’t know... uh, create feelings, I guess... a song... it never ends up the way you planned it though...
R: That’s funny that you say that, do you think that...
C: Do you ever hear things, not really there?
R: I’m sorry, what?
C: ...never mind... how long have you worked at this station?
R: Oh, Just a few minutes...uh, now you mentioned your empathy for others,
would you say that, that is what motivates you to make the music that you make?
C: No not really, its more, a need for sympathy, I want people to feel sorry for me.
I like the feel of... the burn of the audience's eyes on me when I’m whispering *all my darkest secrets* into the microphone.
When I was a kid, I used to carry this safety pin around with me, everywhere I went in my pocket.
And when people weren't paying enough attention, I’d dig it into my arm until I started crying...
Everyone stopped what they were doing, and asked me what was the matter, I guess, I guess I kinda...
R: Really? You’re telling me you're doing all this for attention?
C: No, I hate it when people look at me, I get nauseous. In fact, I could care less what people think, about me.
Do you feel that?... wanna dance?
R: No... I'm feeling sick...
C: I really just wanna be warm yellow light that pours all over everyone I love...
R: So... uh, you’re gonna play something for us now, is this a new song?
C: Yeah, but I haven't written it yet... it’s one I’ve been meaning to write... uh...called... “A Song To Pass The Time”...
R: oh, that’s a nice title...
C: ...no it isn't...
You should write your own... scripts...
R: yeah, I know!

I think I'll get that Killer Angels book .. I've heard before that its really good. I've heard it called Band of Brothers for the civil war. Think I'll snag the Lynksis WRT54GL and MST3k Vol 11 while I'm at it. :)

Anyone know if there was a CAGcast last night? Its not showing up in Winamp if there was.

[quote name='shrike4242']Mrs. Shrike, yes, Shrike Jr., no.

Only way to find out about the type of father I'd be is to be one.[/quote]

I imagine that those spikes are less than conducive to safe sex.

[quote name='prmononoke']Morning OTT. I didn't bike today. I did bike eight days in a row though, so I guess that's ok. I played DDR instead.

Edit: Ratatouille is directed by Brad Bird? I guess I have to see it now.[/QUOTE]
Damn straight, you need to see it. And thinking of Brad Bird, it's probably time to watch The Incredibles again. :)

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I really hope this is the second to last time I have to go to the DMV. 5 times in two weeks licks ass.[/quote]WTF with the five trips? What's going on?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']No, actually he got married to a girl there last summer. :lol:

Well, who doesn't? ;)[/quote]
That would explain it, yes. :D

Well, some of us don't have one. :razz: Others make up for it. ;)

[quote name='Hex']I imagine that those spikes are less than conducive to safe sex.[/quote]They have their moments, yes. :D

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Not everyone likes it safe, horsey. ;)[/quote]We know the gun toting horsey doesn't. That's pretty obvious. :rofl:

They need to make a movie out of this Gates of Fire book.

Put that elf guy from the LotR in as Alexandros, Leo Di Caprio as the main character, maybe give Kate Winslett a part. Gold, Jerry, gold!

[quote name='wubb']They need to make a movie out of this Gates of Fire book.

Put that elf guy from the LotR in as Alexandros, Leo Di Caprio as the main character, maybe give Kate Winslett a part. Gold, Jerry, gold![/QUOTE]
What's the book about? The title brings Johnny Cash to mind, so I'm guessing country music.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'd imagine dragon spunk stings the throat. Just a bit. ;)[/QUOTE]
I'm sure Hex will let us know. :puke:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']What's the book about? The title brings Johnny Cash to mind, so I'm guessing country music.

[/QUOTE]

The Battle of Thermopylae. (Same battle that The 300 is loosely based on.)

Thermopylae means hot gates in Greek, thus the title of the book.

[quote name='dallow']I may go to lunch early. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO hungry.
Woke up late today and had no breakfast.[/QUOTE] Just ordered some pizza, here.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Just ordered some pizza, here.[/quote]I can smell pizza now. Think I'll grab some veggie pizza downstairs today.

Pescaterian high five!

[quote name='wubb']Ah okay, I have images off.

No avs, sigs, or images really cleans this place up. / :oldman:[/quote]
It must be weird seeing this only as an imaginary cesspool of filth, instead of a visual one;)

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']Damn.[/quote] A fun little game, count the damns. I got ... 14 on page one? :lol:

[quote name='dallow']I can smell pizza now. Think I'll grab some veggie pizza downstairs today.

Pescaterian high five![/quote] Great success?

I need to go wash my hands now ... :lol:

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']It must be weird seeing this only as an imaginary cesspool of filth, instead of a visual one;)[/QUOTE]

Every now and then I click on a link and open a thread on a domain I'm not logged in under (cheapassgamer.com vs. www.cheapassgamer.com) and see all the avs and shit. Crazy.

The Scattergories thread in particular is a damn mess when I looked at it that way. :lol:

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']It must be weird seeing this only as an imaginary cesspool of filth, instead of a visual one;)[/QUOTE] This place? A cesspool? This isn't your first day on the internet, is it? :whistle2:? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back