This is the last OTT. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']This place? A cesspool? This isn't your first day on the internet, is it? :whistle2:? :lol:[/quote]
...And if it is???

[quote name='wubb']Ah okay, I have images off.

No avs, sigs, or images really cleans this place up. / :oldman:[/QUOTE]
The only thing I've bothered to turn off is sigs, because they're almost all big and unnecessary.

Avatars are too essential to turn off. :lol:

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']...And if it is???[/quote]Someone's been fronting your account from your join date in June 2006 until now. :lol:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']The only thing I've bothered to turn off is sigs, because they're almost all big and unnecessary.

Avatars are too essential to turn off. :lol:[/quote]

Damn. :cry:

[quote name='shrike4242']Someone's been fronting your account from your join date in June 2006 until now. :lol:[/quote]
It's a secret to everybody......:lol:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']The only thing I've bothered to turn off is sigs, because they're almost all big and unnecessary.

Avatars are too essential to turn off. :lol:[/quote]You'd be surprised how much you clean up just blocking the XBL gamer cards and all the free parasite crap.

[quote name='shrike4242']WTF with the five trips? What's going on?

[/QUOTE]

Bought a vehicle out of state and it has been a headache. Finally got my plate though so I don't have to go anymore. Now I just got to go get it inspected.

[quote name='munch']How do you block XBL tags?[/QUOTE]

You'd need adblock, I assume. Then it should be a simple tweak to blocking one of them.

I've got a few essays to get done then to go to class from 5-9 tonight and it's the weekend for me. Too bad there is nothing worth mentioning to do as of yet.

So I asked last night, but maybe someone on now will have one.
Anyone got an N64 they'd be willing to let go of in the near future? Mine has a loose analog stick.

I never thought I would read a news story that absolutely no one cared about. Until now. After going to yahoo and seeing that the top story is, in fact, a "spice girls reunion" I couldn't imagine anyone actually caring about this.
Except for myself of course :hot: IF YOU WANNA BE MY LOVAH YOU GOTTA GET WITH MY FRIENDS

Oh shit, I forgot to mention some crazyness last night.

Went to this dudes house where a couple of people were said to be "partying". Got there and it was pretty much a crack house. There were bugs all over the place and it was just too dirty for me. I didn't even want to sit down. Went to urinate and they said "Oh the toilet doesn't work, go outside." After about a half hour, a couple people showed up who were obviously on cocaine at the time. Then the dude who's house it was left with his crack head of an aunt, I could only imagine what for. I had just about enough at that point so I left. Was not ready for all that on a Wednsday night though :lol:.

Oink working for anyone else?

[quote name='wubb']You'd need adblock, I assume. Then it should be a simple tweak to blocking one of them.[/QUOTE]

Can you only use that with Firefox? (I use Opera).

The clock is ticking, my boss told me I could go home whenever I want. Like an idiot, I had already scheduled a meeting at 4:00. But, I'll still be getting out 45 minutes early on my last day.

After taking an hour and a half lunch break with my boss... after having an hour long going away party.

[quote name='munch']Can you only use that with Firefox? (I use Opera).[/QUOTE]

Yep it's FF only. Don't know if Opera has something similar but I don't imagine it does.

[quote name='javeryh']Here's a tip for all of you non-fathers out there: When the wife is in labor for 12 hours (all night) don't complain how much your feet hurt from standing next to her. I won't make that mistake again.[/quote]

And don't ask the Doctor to put an extra stitch in for you...

[quote name='lordwow']The clock is ticking, my boss told me I could go home whenever I want. Like an idiot, I had already scheduled a meeting at 4:00. But, I'll still be getting out 45 minutes early on my last day.

After taking an hour and a half lunch break with my boss... after having an hour long going away party.[/QUOTE]

Do you have another job lined up?

Actually Opera supposedly has something called 'Block Content' which works along the same lines as adblock. I'd play around with that.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'd imagine dragon spunk stings the throat. Just a bit. ;)[/quote]

It actually was pretty spicey. ;)

So I rented Saw III and am about.. 67% of the way through the movie. One question-
What the fuck is up with the rig on the doctor's neck? Protip, lady: The primers on the shotgun shells have already been fired, and from the looks of things, she could easily slip the shells themselves out of the rings holding them in place. Furthermore, the hammers to fire the shells have no pin to engage the primer, and she could easily find one or many pieces of metal to put between the hammers and the shotshell, thus preventing acute contact with the primer, defeating the trap.

Come the hell on. Stupidest trap ever. And the chick with the ice? She'd have passed out from hypothermia much quicker. Apparently there's not much pain involved with hyperthermia, either.

[quote name='munch']How do you block XBL tags?[/quote]
See below.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Bought a vehicle out of state and it has been a headache. Finally got my plate though so I don't have to go anymore. Now I just got to go get it inspected.[/quote]That would do it, yes. Glad it's all taken care of.

[quote name='wubb']You'd need adblock, I assume. Then it should be a simple tweak to blocking one of them.[/quote]Right click on the XBL tag, and block all from that site. Same goes for winzy.com and the like, for the parasite freebie site crap.

[quote name='Hex']It actually was pretty spicey. ;)

So I rented Saw III and am about.. 67% of the way through the movie. One question-
What the fuck is up with the rig on the doctor's neck? Protip, lady: The primers on the shotgun shells have already been fired, and from the looks of things, she could easily slip the shells themselves out of the rings holding them in place. Furthermore, the hammers to fire the shells have no pin to engage the primer, and she could easily find one or many pieces of metal to put between the hammers and the shotshell, thus preventing acute contact with the primer, defeating the trap.

Come the hell on. Stupidest trap ever. And the chick with the ice? She'd have passed out from hypothermia much quicker. Apparently there's not much pain involved with hyperthermia, either.
[/QUOTE]
I dunno about all the shotgun shells and what not but i know that chick
would have atleast passed out from hypothermia within about 10-20 minutes. Also, I doubt hypothermia would hurt very much since all the blood effectively gets drained from your limbs to try and keep your heart and brain going.
Either way, it's a stupid movie with nothing more than shock factor. If you're watching it for the plot or a sense of reality, you're going to be disappointed.

[quote name='prmononoke']I just turned off sigs, and I guess it is nicer.[/quote]
But if we all did that, then we couldn't check out your awesome band.

[quote name='Hex']It actually was pretty spicey. ;)

[/quote]

You scare me, try not to hurt anyone...

[quote name='GuyWithGun']But if we all did that, then we couldn't check out your awesome band.[/quote]
Good point! I actually turned them off once before, and I couldn't stand it. My only reason for really having them off is that I post from my phone, and sigs slow things waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.

Also, I really wonder how many people have actually checked out my awesome band.

[quote name='prmononoke']Good point! I actually turned it off once before, and I couldn't stand it. My only reason for really having them off is that I post from my phone, and sigs slow things waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down.[/quote]
Oh, wow. Yeah I imagine that would make a huge difference.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I only ever watch movies in the vein of Saw for the laughs. :lol:[/QUOTE]
I watch them to see people get ripped limb from limb. Sometimes it's comical, but mostly just gorey.

[quote name='shrike4242']Where are you going that I should alert the local police in advance? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm going to St Louis

Sacramento.

[quote name='munch']Do you have another job lined up?[/QUOTE]

Well, basically:

My university allows us to work three 6-month full-time internships rather than go to classes (we go for 5 years instead of 4). This is the final one of them for me.

I am heading back to classes in the fall for my 5th and final year.

But, I am working full-time at another on-campus job where I am a supervisor (and get paid well for it) starting on Monday. I am also an RA (I'm "on call" about once a week in exchange for free housing & meals), so it's basically a full-time and a part-time job (I was working all 3 during my internship).

So yes and no.

Not sure if this is old but it's the first good laugh I've had all week:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJJL5dxgVaM[/MEDIA]

[quote name='munch']Damn, that's a lot of work. Where do you go to school?[/QUOTE]

Northeastern University.

I should mention that I, and about 70% of the student population, live here year round. The only vacation I've had is the summer after my freshman year and 2 weeks at Christmas each year.

The schedule looks like this:

Freshman year - Classes Fall & Spring, Vacation Summer.
Sophomore year - Classes Fall, Internship January-June
Middler year - Classes July-August (2), Fall (4), Internship January-June
Junior year - Classes July-August (2), Fall (4), Internship January-June
Senior year - Vacation July-August, Classes Fall (4), Spring (4)

And the other 50% of the school does the opposite July-Dec internships and Jan - June classes.

I did a very similar thing. I started classes immediately after High School in the summer. The only break I ever got was the summer after my Junior year. The only reason I did that was I interned in Washington D.C. and it only lasted a month.

[quote name='lordwow']Northeastern University.

I should mention that I, and about 70% of the student population, live here year round. The only vacation I've had is the summer after my freshman year and 2 weeks at Christmas each year.

The schedule looks like this:

Freshman year - Classes Fall & Spring, Vacation Summer.
Sophomore year - Classes Fall, Internship January-June
Middler year - Classes July-August (2), Fall (4), Internship January-June
Junior year - Classes July-August (2), Fall (4), Internship January-June
Senior year - Vacation July-August, Classes Fall (4), Spring (4)

And the other 50% of the school does the opposite July-Dec internships and Jan - June classes.[/QUOTE]

8-[[quote name='Moxio']Actually I'm going to St Louis

Sacramento.
[/quote]Whew. Had me worried for a second.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Look out Shrike. Sounds like you have a new friend. A special friend.[/quote] 8-[

[quote name='munch']I did a very similar thing. I started classes immediately after High School in the summer. The only break I ever got was the summer after my Junior year. The only reason I did that was I interned in Washington D.C. and it only lasted a month.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people who don't go here give us weird looks when we try to explain it, but you've gotta consider a few things:

A) I don't want to go home for the summer. I don't have a car, because Boston is really easy to public transit around.
B) I'm leaving here with 3 full-time jobs in my field (well 2 in my field and 1 in a related field) along with several great references.
C) I've had 5 years to work on student activities and meeting people and all the cool college stuff. I would feel like I didn't get to do everything I wanted if I had graduated this spring (when everyone else I graduated HS with finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back