This is the OTT, and LinkinPrime is an Ignorant Man-Child

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Mojimbo']You should extend that policy to the other moron too, Ugamer_X.[/QUOTE]
That guy has had me monkeylisted for months.

And it doesn't work for morons like that. LP doesn't post stupid shit for attention. He posts stupid shit because he's stupid.

I'd only buy Gex if everybody else paid me a dollar for it. Those games don't age well at all. Is it still possible to get in on that group you guys have? Did prmononoke ever pay? I'll buy a card tomorrow if he hasn't.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'd only buy Gex if everybody else paid me a dollar for it. Those games don't age well at all. Is it still possible to get in on that group you guys have? Did prmononoke ever pay? I'll buy a card tomorrow if he hasn't.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was wondering about that. I don't mind the $1.50 going towards Gex.

I'm pretty sure that last slot is still open, tiredfornow.

And I was just kidding about Gex, I hate those shitty third party mascot games from the 90s. :0(

TMI, JFD.

-----------

kick-ass-20091105023449635.jpg

Never read the book(s), but seems like it'll be pretty cool.

We only bought Fat Princess so far. We had the buy-in at $15 so next time you'll only need to put in $10. I kind of want Trine but I'm not sure if seanR, Ugamer or Bioshocked are interested.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Stop paying attention to this stupid fuck.

This is how it works:

Stop giving him attention.

He starts acting worse in order to regain the attention.

Casey bans him for being a moron.[/QUOTE]

Posting a story about I did last night is no more a cry for attention then flowery posting about his job, or brak needing a dingoo, or Budge's adventures at college. Do me a favor and add my name to your monkeylist, and kindly leave me the fuck alone.

Morning, OTT. Time to get caught up...
[quote name='Maklershed']Anyone getting Dragon Age? It kinda looks like Oblivion with 4 player co-op but I haven't been hearing much buzz about it.
[/QUOTE]

I did...It's GOTY. Just get the PC version...It's better reviewed and controls better with a mouse and keyboard.

[quote name='Chika']it's scary when i'm unemployed. i start "projects". bad things happen. must restrain myself.[/QUOTE]

I'm beginning to think that you and Mrs. Number83 were separated at birth. Want to know how many times I've had to paint my house in the past 3 years? 6...And not just one room. She spray painted accessories on the bathroom floor because she didn't like it and wanted it ceramic tiled!!!!

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'm going to do the same as Rocko. Show up at 7:30, if I can get one, great, if not, oh well.[/QUOTE]

Same here, only Mrs. Number83's gonna do it...while I hang curtains :cry:

[quote name='Brak']Just called Whalemart, and the guy said they only have 13 Arcade consoles.

*longest sigh ever*

Good thing black people don't wake up before noon. Now, I just have to deal with the hillbillies.[/QUOTE]

Or these people: http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

[quote name='DarthPuma']Play practice tonight. A bunch of bored male and female teenagers devolved into a bunch of teenagers playing gay chicken. My lips touched another male's.

The good news is, I no longer think I am bisexual. The bad news is, I lost.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he caught it...

[quote name='JimmieMac']And Puma, you're going to be a "bottom" when you finally enter the world of homosexual sex. Write that down and remember it. You're going to be quizzed later.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']unless you're playing halo 3, why the hell would you NOT install your game to the 360 HDD? you have a 60gb drive. you can't have THAT much DLC/XBLA content that you don't have 6-7gb free.[/QUOTE]
If there is no improvement i usually don't bother, that's why i asked.

[quote name='JolietJake']If there is no improvement i usually don't bother, that's why i asked.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure most games *some* improvement, even if it's only a second or 2 overall. Besides, in theory, you're putting less wear on your console. Since these consles are likely to spontaneously combust at any moment, it makes sense to me to install, play through, then delete when I'm finished. Can't guarantee it actually lessens the chance of an e74, but personally after 2 of them, I'm willing to take 10 minutes to install a game even if there's a slight likelihood it will spare my console from bursting into a flaming pile of shit.

[quote name='manthing']I've had Trine for 2 weeks and haven't even played it.

:oops:[/QUOTE]

That's how it starts...Welcome to the club.

Installing a 360 game is worth it for the noise reduction alone. The faster loading is just a bonus.

E74 error is a video card error I believe. I got it this year and I pretty much installed every game. So no, it doesn't help with that.

[quote name='munch']I disconnected my hard drive and am running off of the internal memory for a while.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any internal memory. :whistle2:(

I gotta decide if I'm gonna keep my game saves on a MU and just reformat my HDD.

Wait, aren't system updates stored on the HDD? All I have is a 64 52MB MU.

fuck me...

DLC games don't count #83

[quote name='Trakan']Installing a 360 game is worth it for the noise reduction alone. The faster loading is just a bonus.

E74 error is a video card error I believe. I got it this year and I pretty much installed every game. So no, it doesn't help with that.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how much heat the dvd drive creates... I'm not sure on that... but on the off chance that the DVD drive spinning constantly creates heat, the installs are better.

From my personal experience, I can tell you that e74 errors are generally cold solder joints created from the main board flexing when the machine gets hot. You can attempt to reflow the solder with the quick and dirty heat gun method, but for me, this fails to hold up, as the machine ends up getting hot again, the board flexes, and another bad joint is created. I'd get maybe 20 hours of play out of a fixed box before I added extra cooling.

Knock on wood, but I've gotten 40+ out of the box now that I've addressed the cooling issues.

[quote name='Number83']

I did...It's GOTY. Just get the PC version...It's better reviewed and controls better with a mouse and keyboard.

[/QUOTE]

Play a game for the fun of it and no cheese? Hmm I dont know. Although a game like that does seem like it would be better w/ a mouse and a keyboard.

[quote name='JolietJake']I want:

http://www.archos.com/products/nb/archos_9/index.html?country=us&lang=en&p=i2[/QUOTE]

Wow, it handles 1080p video (I figured 720p at best) and has an optional HDMI out with the port replicator.

[SIZE=-1]Battery life @ 5hr (with WiFi & Bluetooth off, mini backlight) [/SIZE]is a little disappointing.

$549 is not bad, I didn't see which ULV chip they are using though.

Edit: ahh it's the Intel ATOM Z510 1.1 GHz

If it had an external battery sleeve or something it would be awesome.

Hurray for Borderlands finally getting here! I'm going to get whiskey and play borderlands tonight so I can see what being old is like.

[quote name='Maklershed']Play a game for the fun of it and no cheese? Hmm I dont know. Although a game like that does seem like it would be better w/ a mouse and a keyboard.[/QUOTE]

DA isn't a one of those fancy Windows Live games with the cheeses like Halo 2, Gears, or Fallout 3?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h3llbring3r']Wow, it handles 1080p video (I figured 720p at best) and has an optional HDMI out with the port replicator.

[SIZE=-1]Battery life @ 5hr (with WiFi & Bluetooth off, mini backlight) [/SIZE]is a little disappointing.

$549 is not bad, I didn't see which ULV chip they are using though.

Edit: ahh it's the Intel ATOM Z510 1.1 GHz

If it had an external battery sleeve or something it would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's basically a touch screen netbook.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']DA isn't a one of those fancy Windows Live games with the cheeses like Halo 2, Gears, or Fallout 3?[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough...no. I don't get this whole Windows Live thing, specially releases that are on the X360, you think that they would automatically be part of Windows Live. There's only a handful of titles that support achievements on the PC. It's pretty sad, really.

[quote name='JolietJake']#84 is going to have one hell of game collection to inherit some day. Half of them still sealed.:lol:[/QUOTE]

More than half...:cry:

[quote name='manthing']
DLC games don't count #83[/QUOTE]

Sure it does! ;)

[quote name='Maklershed']Play a game for the fun of it and no cheese? Hmm I dont know. Although a game like that does seem like it would be better w/ a mouse and a keyboard.[/QUOTE]

It's the superior version, regardless of cheese. We're old school Mak, remember when games were fun?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']DA isn't a one of those fancy Windows Live games with the cheeses like Halo 2, Gears, or Fallout 3?[/QUOTE]

Nope...It's, like the birthday boy said, "For the fun of it".

[quote name='Number83']
It's the superior version, regardless of cheese. We're old school Mak, remember when games were fun? [/QUOTE]

I've heard that the PC version is superior in graphics but it's inventory management system is more complicated as well as the controls, and in case it hasn't been mentioned, it doesn't have achievements. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've heard that the PC version is superior in graphics but it's inventory management system is more complicated as well as the controls, and in case it hasn't been mentioned, it doesn't have achievements. ;)[/QUOTE]

Most PC games are more compliated due to the nature of the controls. Too many buttons on the keyboard/mouse vs. a gamepad, I suppose. :lol:
So is the nature of PC vs console.

I like zooming out to the point it becomes a 3rd person, isometric view. Can't do that in the PS3 version, which is better than the 360 version I hear. While inventory was awkward at first, once you get the hang of it, it's second nature. Cheese never meant much to me, can't do anything with it.

[quote name='Number83']Most PC games are more compliated due to the nature of the controls. Too many buttons on the keyboard/mouse vs. a gamepad, I suppose. :lol:
So is the nature of PC vs console.

I like zooming out to the point it becomes a 3rd person, isometric view. Can't do that in the PS3 version, which is better than the 360 version I hear. While inventory was awkward at first, once you get the hang of it, it's second nature. Cheese never meant much to me, can't do anything with it.[/QUOTE]

So you actually opened this one up on day one :shock:

The PS3 is superior in graphics I hear, but the frame rate on the X360 beats it.

I need to start the game soon. I've been too tired the past 2 days. Hopefully this weekend I'll put some time in.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So you actually opened this one up on day one :shock:

The PS3 is superior in graphics I hear, but the frame rate on the X360 beats it.

I need to start the game soon. I've been too tired the past 2 days. Hopefully this weekend I'll put some time in.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Two weeks in a row...Forza III was last week. :cool:

Next week I'll delve into the backlog, as there is nothing really good coming out.

[quote name='Number83']:lol:

Two weeks in a row...Forza III was last week. :cool:

Next week I'll delve into the backlog, as there is nothing really good coming out.[/QUOTE]

WHAT!?

You're not a fan of Modern Warfare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back