This OTT eats lightning and craps thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Number83']I have 5 games for the PS3 (in 10 months): Lair, Heavenly Sword, NG: Sigma, R&C: ToD, and Resistance and 3 movies 300 and the two Pirates movies that Amazon was selling B1G1.

I was thinking about getting Rock Band for that triple though. Something about the 360's plug in usb port attachment has me worried.[/quote]I'm waiting on Lair until it gets much cheaper, as even at $31.something AC & EDGE isn't making me keen on picking it up yet.

[quote name='TFN']Did you play all 20 minutes of Heavenly Sword yet? :D[/quote]No, not yet. All the gaming I've done in the last couple of weeks has been Orange Box.

I do need to break it out and give it a try, regardless.

[quote name='Rocko']Hello OTT.

Still no email from RedOctane. Awesome.[/quote]I think you may need to take matters into your own hand about getting that fixed.

[quote name='Number83']I have 5 games for the PS3 (in 10 months): Lair, Heavenly Sword, NG: Sigma, R&C: ToD, and Resistance and 3 movies 300 and the two Pirates movies that Amazon was selling B1G1.

I was thinking about getting Rock Band for that triple though. Something about the 360's plug in usb port attachment has me worried.[/quote]

I'm hoping someone eventually releases a compatible wireless guitar or drumset that doesn't use a dongle. :\

Now that rockband is released (it is, isn't it?) and all, has anyone seen if the rockband guitar works with the GH/GH2 (or GH3, for that matter)?

If we're talking about games for that triple, first game to really blow me away was Motorstorm. I remember first seeing it in one of those kiosks thinking "this looks fucking ubelievable". When I finally buy a PS3 next year, I think Motorstorm will definately be one of the games I pick up for it.

Red Octane will get a call from me today, I believe.

But not before I play Galaxy some more. And EBA. Mmm, such gaming goodness.

I've got a really great lineup of games to play right now.

[quote name='shrike4242']
I think you may need to take matters into your own hand about getting that fixed.[/quote]

He needs to fedex them his guitar... with a bomb in it!

Special delivery!

As far as HS goes, I've tried both demos... I definitely like the JP kai demo better in terms of demo-age... but I'm no good at it and can't guide my arrows worth a damn. I die every time.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']He needs to fedex them his guitar... with a bomb in it!

Special delivery!

As far as HS goes, I've tried both demos... I definitely like the JP kai demo better in terms of demo-age... but I'm no good at it and can't guide my arrows worth a damn. I die every time.[/quote]
Shame on you for advocating violence. Rocko is a very impressionable young man and you should be setting a better example. :nottalking:

So I looked at Gamestop's website just now... what kind of Rock Band bundles are they making? It looks like from Gamestop you can only buy the complete set or game only right now, unless I missed something.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'm hoping someone eventually releases a compatible wireless guitar or drumset that doesn't use a dongle. :\

Now that rockband is released (it is, isn't it?) and all, has anyone seen if the rockband guitar works with the GH/GH2 (or GH3, for that matter)?[/QUOTE]Ain't happening.

As far as I know, every single wireless third party device for the PS3 aside from headsets uses a dongle and a different technology than BT, probably RF. Even that $80 Logitech wireless keyboard.

[quote name='Rocko']So I looked at Gamestop's website just now... what kind of Rock Band bundles are they making? It looks like from Gamestop you can only buy the complete set or game only right now, unless I missed something.[/quote]

I don't think they'll be releasing other kinds of bundles till later.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Ain't happening.

As far as I know, every single wireless third party device for the PS3 aside from headsets uses a dongle and a different technology than BT, probably RF. Even that $80 Logitech wireless keyboard.[/quote]

They are using 2.4 GHz wireless technology for the Wireless Function.

[quote name='dcfox']If we're talking about games for that triple, first game to really blow me away was Motorstorm. I remember first seeing it in one of those kiosks thinking "this looks fucking ubelievable". When I finally buy a PS3 next year, I think Motorstorm will definately be one of the games I pick up for it.[/quote]

I never understood how people thought that about motorstorm. And from the demo I played, the game wasn't very fun either.

All the time. Didn't you say you wanted to incinerate Lilly Allen's discography?

I think I agree with you after catching this on my RSS.

Lily Allen has branded Radiohead “arrogant” for giving fans the chance to download their new album, ‘In Rainbows’, for free.

The singer reportedly said that she thinks it is unfair for the millionaires to devalue recorded music and survive on touring money when new artists can’t.

“It’s arrogant for them to give their music away for free - they’ve got millions of pounds. It sends a weird message to younger bands who haven’t done as well,” WENN reports Lily as saying. “You don’t choose how to pay for eggs. Why should it be different for music?”​

fuck her and her third nipple.

Thanks for the correction, shrike. I had that in mind because last night at Best Buy I saw that they had the silver version on clearance for $20(they said down from $80).

[quote name='Mojimbo']Ain't happening.

As far as I know, every single wireless third party device for the PS3 aside from headsets uses a dongle and a different technology than BT, probably RF. Even that $80 Logitech wireless keyboard.[/quote]

I don't see why Sony won't (eventually?) work with companies to allow them to use bluetooth to connect a controller -- I can see if it's a competing 3rd party controller. But for fuck's sake, man -- a guitar or drum controller? How is that going to impact the sales figures of a six axis or ds3 controller? It isn't...

So I'm hoping, someday, sony will take their heads out of their asses, and allow Harmonix (and RedOctane?) to make BT accessories for their games. Hell, the new PS3s only have 2 fucking usb ports now -- you'd need a hub to play rockband with more than 2 people anyhow, at this rate.

[quote name='Mojimbo']All the time. Didn't you say you wanted to incinerate Lilly Allen's discography?

Lily Allen has branded Radiohead “arrogant” for giving fans the chance to download their new album, ‘In Rainbows’, for free.

The singer reportedly said that she thinks it is unfair for the millionaires to devalue recorded music and survive on touring money when new artists can’t.

“It’s arrogant for them to give their music away for free - they’ve got millions of pounds. It sends a weird message to younger bands who haven’t done as well,” WENN reports Lily as saying. “You don’t choose how to pay for eggs. Why should it be different for music?”​

fuck her and her third nipple.

Thanks for the correction, shrike. I had that in mind because last night at Best Buy I saw that they had the silver version on clearance for $20(they said down from $80).[/QUOTE]

fuckin' whiner.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']When I first popped in resistance, I thought it was pretty fucking spectacular, graphic wise.[/quote]

Resistance? Yes.

Motorstorm? Not from what I've seen.

The 360 had the same problem in March/April when GH2 came out, except "we" didn't even have the option for a dongle, it was wired or nothing. I wonder how much more it would cost to have Bluetooth instead.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQenQofxs8[/MEDIA]

If you've got 3 minutes to waste and latina booty bouncing is your thing.. watch this or somethin'.

[quote name='Mojimbo']All the time. Didn't you say you wanted to incinerate Lilly Allen's discography?

“It’s arrogant for them to give their music away for free - they’ve got millions of pounds. It sends a weird message to younger bands who haven’t done as well,” WENN reports Lily as saying. “You don’t choose how to pay for eggs. Why should it be different for music?”
fuck her and her third nipple. :bomb:[/quote]Hehe perhaps.
I didn't want to burn her discography.
I said that if I were forced to burn my music collection, her album would be the first.
Just saying I don't have a strong bond with it.

Her comments there though... sheesh.
Who does she think she is?

Motorstorm is one of the best racers I've ever played.
Graphically, it's still one of the best things out there.

Do yourself a favor and at least rent it.

I think Midnight Club II and Need for Speed: MostWanted have been my favorite racing games.... ever.[quote name='senorwoohoo']

[quote name='dallow']Hehe perhaps.
I didn't want to burn her discography.
I said that if I were forced to burn my music collection, her album would be the first.
Just saying I don't have a strong bond with it.

Her comments there though... sheesh.
Who does she think she is?[/QUOTE]I was just playin'.

I would be interested in seeing everything in your collection post 2000 though, do you have a list around?

[quote name='fart_bubble']that video does not work with Tuomi[/quote]

(a) what's Tuomi
(b) what's up with your radio station today? way different format...
(c) what the hell is your new avatar?

[quote name='TFN']I think Midnight Club II and Need for Speed: MostWanted have been my favorite racing games.... ever.
You would, $$$$$$. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I sure am money, not what you called me, ya whore.

I was hypnotized by that fuckin' video.

Bawwwwllliiinnn

All my major class work is done. Turned in the animation and the huge ass paper that had to go with it, took a test. Now I'm free till the end of Thanksgiving break! Woohoo!

[quote name='corrosivefrost'](a) what's Tuomi
(b) what's up with your radio station today? way different format...
(c) what the hell is your new avatar?[/quote]

a) she was two songs ago (right before Devil Doll)
b) honestly I kind of backed my self into a corner with music choices so I'm just going with it and to be fair, its never been meant to be a straight up hip hop station but rather just an ecceltic mix of unknown and over looked bands/artists
c) a fuzzy Kangol gatsby

[quote name='zewone']Brak, should I not even get Kane & Lynch?

Also, why do any of you talk to shrike?

Dude is corny and boring.[/QUOTE]

Says you.

I like 'em.

I also like writing for a living for a dying medium.

So take that for what it's worth. :razz:

[quote name='zewone']Brak, should I not even get Kane & Lynch?

Also, why do any of you talk to shrike?

Dude is corny and boring.[/quote]

If the price is right, whynot? ;)

[quote name='Number83']http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3163641

$169 Bundle Only Rock Band Option Until 2008

DLC every week, in song bundles and a la carte.[/quote]

Weak, but once I get a 360 I'll want both the drum kit and the guitar, which if I buy alobe with the game will probably be just as much. May as well get the microphone free.

That's a ridiculous amount of DLC, though. Costs too much. I have no problem not getting GHIII DLC on the Wii.

They haven't said how much it's gonna be yet, but I figure it'll be $2/song minimum with a price break on the bundles. That's a pretty good deal for me if I can pick and choose.

My post-2000 list is slim pickens Mojimbo.
I'll try to put a list.

Prolly my fave band in a long time was The Libertines.
Which barely make the cut I think.

EGM gave Uncharted 8.5s across the board, my boy rocksolid got to review it. He's stepping up.

Mass Effect GOTY am confirmed.

I like how, in that article, they don't say how much it will cost, but note how much work goes into tabbing (or whatever you want to call it) the songs. It's basically saying "It'll cost way too much, but look how hard it was to do!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back