This OTT is not crazy, or offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Brak']Forbidden Planet is one of the best Shakespearean adaptations.[/quote]

I was surprised as fuck when I heard that, and now I really want to watch it.

@Brak - Indeed. It's fantastic. And it stars a young Leslie Neilsen. :lol:

@wow - the movie I'm talking about is an adaptation of the H.G.Wells novel.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Awww, look at the little guy. He tries so hard. Maybe next year.

TFN, I coach those kids because its the only legal way to physically abuse kids.[/quote]

I feel sorry for you future half-breed children.

I need a larger 360 hard drive. :bomb:

I deleted a ton of shit, last night, and I still only have a gig or so left.

Hayden Panettiere and Kristen Bell holding hands and gasping for breath makes me want to LinkinTime™ for days.

[quote name='Eviltude']Constantine is such a shitty movie.[/quote]

I loved it. And I actually thought Keanu Reeves was pretty damn good in it. :oops:

I kinda feel like LinkinTime™ing it to the lead singer of Paramore. :drool:

That Shakespeare episode of BeetleJuice the Animated Series got me into Shakespeare.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hayden Panettiere and Kristen Bell holding hands and gasping for breath makes me want to LinkinTime™ for days.
[/QUOTE]

For a moment I thought they were maybe going to crack open a lesbian subplot. :D

[quote name='Brak']That Shakespeare episode of BeetleJuice the Animated Series got me into Shakespeare.[/quote]

Damn, now there's a show I haven't seen in a while. What was the episode about, I don't remember that one.

[quote name='Brak']That Shakespeare episode of BeetleJuice the Animated Series got me into Shakespeare.[/quote]

me too, actually. it was well done. so was the poe episode.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hayden Panettiere and Kristen Bell holding hands and gasping for breath makes me want to LinkinTime™ for days.

[/quote]
Kristen Bell is hands down much hotter than Hayden. Putting them both together in the same scene only emphasizes it even more.

I loved it. And I actually thought Keanu Reeves was pretty damn good in it. :oops:
High five. I thought that movie was good too. They need to make a sequel.

[quote name='dcfox']Kristen Bell is hands down much hotter than Hayden. Putting them both together in the same scene only emphasizes it even more.

High five. I thought that movie was good too. They need to make a sequel.[/quote]

I can't believe we agree on two things.

I loved it. And I actually thought Keanu Reeves was pretty damn good in it. :oops:[/QUOTE]

The movie itself could have been good, but I think Keanu Reeves (or maybe it was just his character), ruined the movie. I get it, the character is an asshole, but you can get that across in ways other than just closing a door in someones face. I don't know maybe actually develop the character...

I remember that, wasn't Shakespeare depressed about something? Maybe that was the Poe episode.

[quote name='Eviltude']Constantine is such a shitty movie.[/quote]

I liked it personally. It would have been better had they stayed true to the selfish prick that he is in the graphic novels.

And after looking around and found nothing on this show, The Real Exorcist, looked up the guy, Bob Larson. fuck that fuck nugget. I will never take seriously someone who believes that rock music is a tool of the devil. Why this show is on SciFi, I'll never know

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Damn, now there's a show I haven't seen in a while. What was the episode about, I don't remember that one.[/QUOTE]
It was something along the lines of Lydia having trouble with her Shakespeare homework, and BeetleJuice trying to help her by taking her to meet him in the Netherworld.

Then something happens where she gets captured, or something, and is forced to write Shakespearean plays for the rest of eternity.

The episode was packed with Shakespearean characters... but I can only recall Puck, Julius Caesar (whose head was a head of lettuce), and the witches from Macbeth.

[quote name='Maklershed']
I loved it. And I actually thought Keanu Reeves was pretty damn good in it. :oops:[/QUOTE]
head_go_boom.gif

[quote name='Brak']It was something along the lines of Lydia having trouble with her Shakespeare homework, and BeetleJuice trying to help her by taking her to meet him in the Netherworld.

Then something happens where she gets captured, or something, and is forced to write Shakespearean plays for the rest of eternity.

The episode was packed with Shakespearean characters... but I can only recall Puck, Julius Caesar (whose head was a head of lettuce), and the witches from Macbeth.[/quote]

Hmm, I'm going to have to track this episode down. Missus would probably like it, she's a huge Shakespeare fan.

I liked the Edgar Allen Poe episode, and the film-noir episode which was parodying The Maltese Falcon.

[quote name='dcfox']Kristen Bell is hands down much hotter than Hayden. Putting them both together in the same scene only emphasizes it even more.
[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this.

[quote name='Maklershed']I can't believe we agree on two things.[/quote]
Want to go three for three? What's your most anticipated game this winter?

I just remembered that the film-noir episode was about BeetleJuice (as private eye, "Sham Spade" -- lulz) searching for Vincent van Gogh's missing ear.

[quote name='dcfox']Want to go three for three? What's your most anticipated game this winter?[/quote]

Well I would've said Fable 2 or Fallout 3. I guess the next one to look forward to is Gears 2 or Prince of Persia.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Wii-Music![/quote]
It looks like we have a love connection! :bouncy:

[quote name='Maklershed']Well I would've said Fable 2 or Fallout 3. I guess the next one to look forward to is Gears 2 or Prince of Persia.[/quote]
Wrong answer. I have no interest in Gears. And after looking at all the games I had preordered I decided to cancel my Prince of Persia preorder.

Hard to imagine that cartoons used to have references like that, things that most kids wouldn't have even picked up on.

Thanks, HumanSnatcher.

Find the one that parodied It's a Wonderful Life. :bouncy:

[quote name='dcfox']

Wrong answer. I have no interest in Gears. And after looking at all the games I had preordered I decided to cancel my Prince of Persia preorder.[/quote]

What's your answer?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Shit, thanks, that saves me the trouble of torrenting it.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that's cool. I had never heard of that site before. I'm now watching that tomorrow as well. Also, you can find Beetlejuice pretty easily on the sites....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back