This OTT is not welcome at the next Gathering of the Juggalos

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='st0neface']The cinematography in The Seventh Seal may have been the best I've ever seen.

To those who have seen the film
So Antonius wanted to perform one significant act before death claimed him. He obviously believes he's done it in helping Jof and Mia "escape" from Death. Death says, though "I am unknowing", which I took to mean that he (it?) had no control over whose life was being taken. That it was all laid out beforehand. If that's the case, then what purpose did asking Antonius about Jof and Mia traveling with him serve? Was it to unnerve Antonius for some reason, to make him think knocking the chess pieces over was his meaningful act? Why would Death trick Antonius into revealing his chess strategy if it was the case, just toying with him again? Also, did Antonius even think his act was meaningful? He seemed satisfied at the time of doing it, but at the end he obviously still wasn't at peace.

I probably need to re-watch it a couple of times, or at the least let it all sink in. Do any of you guys have the same questions or different takes on it altogether?
[/QUOTE]

Can I see a screen shot of that cinematography, or maybe one that was your favorite? I appreciate that kind of stuff. :0 ]

I was supposed to get The Seventh Seal bluray during the ridiculous B&N sale, but I was sent a (much more expensive) Polish war film collection. :whistle2:( / :)

[quote name='Rocko']I loved KH and got stuck at one point in Monstro and just stopped. I tried KH2, played for like an hour, did absolutely nothing, and never played it again. :/[/QUOTE]

I think you'd have to be pretty engaged into the story to continue on in KH2. The story line is the only thing that kept me from completing part two just because of how part one ended. I cried at the the end of part 1... Monstro was fun, but confusing!

Hey, did you ever get to beat my high score in GeoWars2? :cool:

Here are a few that stand out. (And are easy to find on google image search)

seal.jpg

seal1.gif

seventh-seal-517.jpg

seventh_seal_14.jpg

Suck the shit out of my dick, Mojimbo.

I love Andrew W.K., and I hate ICP, you silent, little shoeshiner.

So I know at least three out of the four of you last posters have seen the film. Can someone give me a little insight here? Please?

I never realized that the guy who wrote the book of The Man Who Fell To Earth, Walter Tevis, moved and was raised here in Kentucky and went to UK.

I just heard about the MyTouch (Android II) phone, I'm surprised it hasn't gotten much buzz. I think I'm going to get it when my AT&T contract expires this coming Feb.

The more I looked into the MyTouch the more I want it now. Oprah is currently running a promotion to get $100 off, so the phone comes out to $100. I gotta see how much its going to cost me to cancel my AT&T contract.

I'd like to put a word in defense of my boy, Andrew WK: even though his studio albums kinda stink, and I'd never listen to them normally, I'll be damned if I've every seen ANYONE put on a better show. Those juggalos are stupid fuckin' assholes.

I can't believe you legit roll with people like that, Brak. :/

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']fuck. Those clocks are sick, Rabbitt. Really want one of these:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30645625
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=12546552

This site is neat. Will probably stay up a bit longer and skim through it.[/QUOTE]

Etsy is the shit. I got a really neat scarf from there last year.

Just got back from Akihabara. Awesome for games. Many perv shops and ChuPlayer "action" figures. Could not keep a straight face going into one of them out of curiosity. My brother started filming everyone and the staff kicked us out. Oh also, no filming allowed in arcades. Weird stuff.

I couldn't think of anything I wanted to buy though. I will be doing research on interesting shops in Tokyo tonight and going shopping again tomorrow.

People who wanted "cool" japanese stuff, I haven't found anything "weird" unless you want inflatable anime vaginas.

I looked for shirts, but Akihabara isn't exactly the place to be clothing shopping unless you want anime stuff. Tomorrow, we're going to hit up the discount district for cheap extra extra large shirts.

I saw that Batman Special Edition version of Arkham Asylum yesterday for the first time. Shit was crazy over the top. I don't see how anyone would want that in their home.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Just got back from Akihabara. Awesome for games. Many perv shops and ChuPlayer "action" figures. Could not keep a straight face going into one of them out of curiosity. My brother started filming everyone and the staff kicked us out. Oh also, no filming allowed in arcades. Weird stuff.

I couldn't think of anything I wanted to buy though. I will be doing research on interesting shops in Tokyo tonight and going shopping again tomorrow.

People who wanted "cool" japanese stuff, I haven't found anything "weird" unless you want inflatable anime vaginas.

I looked for shirts, but Akihabara isn't exactly the place to be clothing shopping unless you want anime stuff. Tomorrow, we're going to hit up the discount district for cheap extra extra large shirts.[/QUOTE]

harajuku!!!

Weirdest thing I've eaten...

For legit food, probably jellyfish with some of the "sting" still in it to make a tingling feeling on your tongue as you eat it.

For snacky stuff, weirdest thing I've eaten is something me and my brother have termed The Dick Stick. Its like a massive cheeto that smells like semen. It was supposed to be salami flavored. It tasted like I wanted to immediately throw up.

I'll be sure to grab a few for my OTT bros in little fun packs of candy and weird shit.
----

Weirdest thing I've drank was probably Calpis. Its just really strange on your tongue, it feels.. lighter than liquid.

Other things include Pepsi Shiso (i have no idea what it was supposed to taste like but I'd say a little like Ginger Ale, more sugar, and lemon), homemade japanese apricot juice (tastes like alcohol without being alcoholic), and these crazy cans of soda with jello in them.

I also finally found some of budge's melon cream soda in a couple of different forms.
Theres just plain melon soda by fanta which you can mix with vanilla ice cream to create your own float. Theres melon cream soda which has the vanilla flavor added (the best one imo), and then theres a powdered version which is the weakest of the three, but still decent.

----

On the same topic, today we were treated to kaiseki (a kaiseki?) for lunch. Basically, a many coursed meal of all sorts of different foods. I couldn't tell you what half of it was, but most of it was good. It was at a really nice place that was converted into the restaurant from a storage facility so it had a very unique look. A simple but nice japanese garden in the entrance, and its right in the middle of the town. It seems really out of place, and its a very old building, so it didn't feel.. fake I guess.

It was all good, though I'm constantly paranoid about trying to be polite. The family we stay with in Tokyo has been very kind to us and has treated us to many awesome things that we would have never gotten to do without their help (mainly being able to speak Japanese past the most basic of phrases).

Tomorrow after shopping, we will be heading to a hotspring. The day after, more shopping I think. Then next day, we come back. I'll pick out some of the best pictures for ya'll of course. I'll try to have something for anyone who wants it and is willing to give me an address.

We will be going to Ameyoko, Harajuku, Shibuya, and maybe Akihabara again. Kiddy Land in Harajuku sounds promising for Japanese toys/gizmos that aren't sex dolls or gundam models.

Also, I've been trying to look out for things that people have said they liked, but I don't know if they would be good or not. For example, I know Moxio likes Prince of Tennis. I could probably get him a little bobblehead thing or capsule toy easily.

However, I also know that both he and zew blow their collective loads over Persona. While wandering around Akihabara, I saw a Persona Music Live! cd on sale, that I dunno... sounded like it'd be a good little gift, but then I think meh they could just download that shit. I'm really banking on this toy store tomorrow. That and food.

[quote name='crystalklear64']It was all good, though I'm constantly paranoid about trying to be polite. The family we stay with in Tokyo has been very kind to us and has treated us to many awesome things that we would have never gotten to do without their help (mainly being able to speak Japanese past the most basic of phrases).

Tomorrow after shopping, we will be heading to a hotspring. The day after, more shopping I think. Then next day, we come back. I'll pick out some of the best pictures for ya'll of course. I'll try to have something for anyone who wants it and is willing to give me an address.

We will be going to Ameyoko, Harajuku, Shibuya, and maybe Akihabara again. Kiddy Land in Harajuku sounds promising for Japanese toys/gizmos that aren't sex dolls or gundam models.[/QUOTE]

Kiddy Land is hilarious.

I almost bought the hello kitty that was put inside a plush tempura broccoli I found there.

Shibuya was my favorite of the neighborhoods.

hey manthing, I love you.

Also, Toys R' Us Trade-In Program goes live nationwide today. They'll accept games as old as from the Atari 2600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back