This seller is a liar and a cheat. Don't trade with him unless you want to be SCAMMED

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Not to be rude or anything, but why does it matter how he gets the codes? I mean, even if he stole them, there are probably lots of people who trade stolen things on CAG anyways. So why are singling out one person? theres not really anyway to tell.[/QUOTE]It matters because if there's nothing below-board on how these codes are being acquired, there's no reason not to explain the source.

As I'd like to think we're not dealing in stolen items at all, if there's nothing to hide with the OP's source, then there's no reason to act shady about it.

The fact that the OP is relying on concealed cash only and won't deal with any other way, save traded items, is odd. Most people would have other options for how they accept payment, including Paypal.

And in any case, it's my place to ask these questions, being a mod for here. Why does it matter to you if I'm asking the question?

[quote name='shrike4242']It matters because if there's nothing below-board on how these codes are being acquired, there's no reason not to explain the source.

As I'd like to think we're not dealing in stolen items at all, if there's nothing to hide with the OP's source, then there's no reason to act shady about it.

The fact that the OP is relying on concealed cash only and won't deal with any other way, save traded items, is odd. Most people would have other options for how they accept payment, including Paypal.

And in any case, it's my place to ask these questions, being a mod for here. Why does it matter to you if I'm asking the question?[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I didn't mean to be rude. I was only curious as to why you were so interested in his source. i mean other mods don't seem to be asking other traders where they got the stuff they're trading, so why pick the guy selling cheap codes?

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Like I said, I didn't mean to be rude. I was only curious as to why you were so interested in his source. i mean other mods don't seem to be asking other traders where they got the stuff they're trading, so why pick the guy selling cheap codes?[/QUOTE]I'm always interested in the source of something that seems too good to be true or raises too many red flags.

Again, as the OP neglected to answer my questions, it doesn't help the situation.

He doesn't take paypal, because it's virtual goods, and too many people can scam on paypal, getting their money back by saying they didn't work. This is why he just doesn't use ebay, and I don't blame him.
He told me how he gets his codes, and it is legit, but I won't answer for him. But I assure you he's not dodging the question.

seems like some of the other guys are jealous because his prices are shutting them out, that`s all. Free bump for a trustworthy and reliable CAG-er

I have a Blue wireless 360 controller if you are interested. I don't have a matching battery pack, though.

I also have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ CPU if you are interested. It is in perfect working order, I just got a new mobo and a Phenom X4.

Smurf, if you want real cash can you send the real card? Do you have the actual cards or are these only codes that you have?

[quote name='Sparta Omni']He doesn't take paypal, because it's virtual goods, and too many people can scam on paypal, getting their money back by saying they didn't work. This is why he just doesn't use ebay, and I don't blame him.
He told me how he gets his codes, and it is legit, but I won't answer for him. But I assure you he's not dodging the question.[/QUOTE]
But on Paypal seller always wins disputes if he says it's a virtual good.

I actually know a way you can get the money in paypal. Make them send in the message part, "I understand that I am buying a virtual code" and if you want to be more safe, but only if he's trustworthy, which he is, add after that, "and that if it doesn't work it's not my fault". He can use that in a dispute if he needs. I know others who have done that and I'm pretty sure it works.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']smurf, Ill sweeten the deal. Once you get 4ks back in stock, PM me and ill give you the controller, rechargeable battery, and a guide for halo wars for one 4k card. If you don't need any of that then okay.[/QUOTE]

Have you read this yet? PM me if its good 4 u.

Prices are back up to $30 a card starting Monday, to the shrike if you need to verify any methods of mine then PM me. Codes are legit considering I've dealt with numerous bulk orders and 50+ deals in a short period (every trade I've done has been with codes.)

I was looking at either the one year cards or a couple 1600 cards, or a combination. It depends on what all you want.(a controller or the AMD X2 or both)

What kind of hard drives?

I have two PATA ones(80GB and 160GB) that I need to format, but I could get them to you.

I don't need referrals or pata hd's was just looking for a giant harddrive like a 500gb/1tb or something. Don't really need gift cards atm especially not cash equivalants unless they are similar to the msrp of the actual cards value.

I need to keep one, so I think it'd be more fair to give you the white one instead of the used one.

Does a 1600 and a 12 monther sound fair?

I'm just going to mail you the money. Want to buy (2) 13 month cards. Can you PM me more details (where to send the $50 to and any other info you may need)?

hi, i know you're not really looking for trades,

but would you accept my sealed Ninja Blade for x2 1600 point cards or

my Ninja Blade + $5 CC w/ it for a 4k card?

yep fersure ;) Thanks just a reminder 4k's are back in stock but definitely not for long anyone who doesn't read the original post thoroughly will be ignored.

Amazing how the OP chooses to ignore my questions.

I'll just assume the codes he's selling are either stolen or he's using a code generator, so they're illicit and not sellable on CAG.

I'm sure the OP can explain to me via PM how he's getting his codes, so I have a perfect understanding that they're on the up-and-up and he won't be banned for illegal item sale. All the assurances from other CAGs aren't going to explain the situation, only the OP can do so.

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazing how the OP chooses to ignore my questions.

I'll just assume the codes he's selling are either stolen or he's using a code generator, so they're illicit and not sellable on CAG.

I'm sure the OP can explain to me via PM how he's getting his codes, so I have a perfect understanding that they're on the up-and-up and he won't be banned for illegal item sale. All the assurances from other CAGs aren't going to explain the situation, only the OP can do so.[/QUOTE]

Amen, man! These HAVE to be stolen...CAG is not a pawnshop, pal!!!

Free bump because everyone in the deals thread is excited about $39 Amazon 12+1 codes. lol :D

EDIT:
Why all the hate torwards a guy hooking up his fellow CAGS? I bought a 4000pts card and a 12+1 card and had no problems with Smurf. I wouldn't tell you where I got them either if I was selling them. Obviously he is making money and if everyone knew how to get cards cheap he would be out of business. Just like if the arcade code guys on Ebay told their secrets they would be out of business. Maybe Smurf will write an ebook telling the secrets of cheap codes and sell that. I would buy it.:)

If he's not getting the codes via legal means, he can take his business elsewhere.

And if he can't explain how he's getting them, then he can go elsewhere.

I don't plan on getting into his "market", though if he's not getting them by some legal means, we don't have dealings with people who sell illegally acquired items or stolen items.

Plus, he's posted on CL previously that he's selling them in person, though isn't giving out the cards, only the codes. Said CL post references here for his "referrals" of his good business practices. :roll: That gives some weight to the fact that he's selling them without buying them, and getting them through some illegal means.

Said CL post:
[quote name='From CL post']Selling Microsoft Xbox Live Codes/SubscriptionReply to: [email protected]
Date: 2009-06-03, 8:51AM
Restocked my points recently(some of you have been patiently waiting for this I know, lol) Live in *removed*, outside *removed* and *removed*
Cash Only, Local Pickup ONLY
Microsoft 4000 Point Codes - $30
Xbox Live 12 +1 month(13 month) codes - $30
Xbox Live 1600 Codes - $15
The prices are firm considering I had no trouble selling the last batch for $35 a pop. If you're interested email me and I will get back to you asap, no I DO NOT accept paypal under an circumstances. These are for local pickup only if you're looking for references I'm also sell these on a rather large gaming forum/community called cheapassgamer, the link to the specific thread i've been selling them including vouchs/references/basically people who've purchased them in the past are all on there for proof. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224468 Thanks again.
*Small note these are the codes you're not paying for the physical card, but just the code to redeem the points/subscriptions. These have all been pre-tested and verified to work if there's any troubles just let me know and I will have a replacement code in your hands within the next hour.
Also looking for someone to repair a E-74 360 (RROD) console obviously not overheating but I would give someone a 4000 code as payment if they can manage to fix it, thanks.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Original URL:http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/tag/1203039192.html
[/quote]

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazing how the OP chooses to ignore my questions.

I'm sure the OP can explain to me via PM how he's getting his codes, so I have a perfect understanding that they're on the up-and-up and he won't be banned for illegal item sale. All the assurances from other CAGs aren't going to explain the situation, only the OP can do so.[/QUOTE]
What am I "ignoring" i've stated previously if you really were interested to pm me which you've failed to bother doing instead of making personal attacks against me. Whatever floats your boat in the end.

bread's done
Back