This Week in Wii! Week of: January 19 (SimAnimals)

Does Sam & Max come out this week? It saw listed in Joystiq's new games this week post, but Amazon has it releasing on August 1st (a Saturday?), GameFAQs just says "Q3 2008" and the wikipedia page for the game lists August 28th. Someone in the Wiki discussion page even said they found the game at Best Buy the other day. What gives?

I don't know. If there are no bugs/issues that make the Wii version different than Sam and Max Season 1 PC, I recommend it. It's quite fun.

[quote name='lilboo']What did Mephitcal do? :([/quote]

i was wondering to. I think I have him in my wii adress book, I'll message him

[quote name='thesimplicity']Does Sam & Max come out this week? It saw listed in Joystiq's new games this week post, but Amazon has it releasing on August 1st (a Saturday?), GameFAQs just says "Q3 2008" and the wikipedia page for the game lists August 28th. Someone in the Wiki discussion page even said they found the game at Best Buy the other day. What gives?[/quote]

I have no clue either. I figure, if it's not available to buy, it's not 'out'. Best Buy's site doesn't have it listed, and Amazon says it's not out yet, but Saturday would be this week....

I genuinely don't know. Which is a shame, it's on my to-get list. (Though I did just pick up Blast Works at Best Buy. 10 bucks!)

King of clubs huh? That sounds like one I could shelf for a bunch of different get togethers. Mixed reviews... Seems the humor is decent enough though.

So, this week exemplifies the summer drought, with two PS2 ported truck racing games so lame and unheard-of I don't even have pictures of them.

...Might be a good time to use that EB coupon and get something from the back catalog, huh?

I have to give Nintendo thumbs up for Ys this week.

I remember when it came out (well, when the price was redued - I was a cheapass back then, too) for the TG15/CD. I gave it a try because I wanted something to play on the CD (I thought the CD add-on had great potential and they had just reduced the price to something reasonable) and I really liked it.

So, as much as I look at the "What's out for Nintendo VC this week" thread and then shake my head with, "Ugh... Again? Nothing?" they got my money this week.

They should Port Super Mario RPG on DS with better graphic & extras. They can do it for Mario 64 and Kirby Super Stars why not Super Mario RPG :(

[quote name='Masterkyo']They should Port Super Mario RPG on DS with better graphic & extras. They can do it for Mario 64 and Kirby Super Stars why not Super Mario RPG :([/QUOTE]

Copyrights and such, I bet. It's always copyrights. At least we're got SMRPG on the VC... I throught we'd never get it.

I wonder if we will get Bomberman Blast next Monday? I haven't downloaded the 360 Bomberman so I figure I should wait for the Wii one since it should be hoppin' when it gets released.

[quote name='yukine']I wonder if we will get Bomberman Blast next Monday? I haven't downloaded the 360 Bomberman so I figure I should wait for the Wii one since it should be hoppin' when it gets released.[/quote]

:rofl:

did you just confuse this thread with the shop channel thread?

It was a simple mistake, as the shop channel is usually at the top, but damn is that funny

Quick note: I have 10 retail games listed for this week, and expecting over 20 next week. In the interest of cleanliness, I'm not gonna be posting screenshots in the OP until things slow down a bit. Metacritic/Gamerankings links stay, of course.

You guys my video on the wii is starting to bug out.. I may have to get a new wii... what is the real answer to if I get a new wii can i call Nintendo and get the downloads allowed on the new system? Or is it stuck to the broken system?

I am reading a ton of varying answers across the net.

[quote name='Snake2715']You guys my video on the wii is starting to bug out.. I may have to get a new wii... what is the real answer to if I get a new wii can i call Nintendo and get the downloads allowed on the new system? Or is it stuck to the broken system?

I am reading a ton of varying answers across the net.[/quote]

I believe it's about a million times easier if you send it to Nintendo for repair/replacement or if you have your MyNintendo account tied to your Wii.

My Mynintendo account is tied to my wii... so maybe if I tie it to the new system all would be good? I should probably just call Nintendo and ask today.

So, apparently doing this for nearly a year almost filled up the OP. I went and got rid of all the old news to make some more space, but.. we'll see. Adding 12-20 games a week, plus downloadable games, fills things up kinda fast...

Not surprisingly, we finally have a week with no games, at all. I seem to recall reading a stop in WiiWare/VC games too, so... could be nothing at all this week.

But hey, there's Christmas! So hooray for that.

So, this'll be the last week I update this thread- the first post has just about filled up.

Is there any actual interest in keeping up this weekly release list?

bread's done
Back