Thor $39.99 @ Target - X360 - YMMV???

snatcher33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Went to Target to check out the ole' clearance section. Nothing of interest. But I did notice that "Thor" already had a $10 price cut and was listed at $39.99. Now that was a quick drop. Not sure if this is at all Targets???

I worked at Liquid Entertainment and their development process was so half-witted. The producer had to have been autistic cuz he could barely communicate, which is a great thing for a producer. This game is as shittastic as their other shovelware junk. The funny thing is this game had a close to 3 year development cycle.

[quote name='Tally Wag']I worked at Liquid Entertainment and their development process was so half-witted. The producer had to have been autistic cuz he could barely communicate, which is a great thing for a producer. This game is as shittastic as their other shovelware junk. The funny thing is this game had a close to 3 year development cycle.[/QUOTE]
That really sucks.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That really sucks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's some really talented people there, but the people in charge have a lack of vision and direction.

[quote name='Tally Wag']Yeah, there's some really talented people there, but the people in charge have a lack of vision and direction.[/QUOTE]

That's because those are the first things you sacrifice when you commit yourself to the God of Being In Charge of Shit.

i wouldn't be surprised if this game goes clearance by next week. didn't altered beast go clearance that fast at target?

My review will be out soon hopefully, but I would not suggest buying this game. It's really bad. The Wii version is a bit better and I've heard good things about the DS version. All three versions are from different developers and are completely different games.

[quote name='shipwreck']My review will be out soon hopefully, but I would not suggest buying this game. It's really bad. The Wii version is a bit better and I've heard good things about the DS version. All three versions are from different developers and are completely different games.[/QUOTE]

Did you ever play "Rise of the Argonauts?" The assets in Thor look exactly like it. I'm guessing it plays the same too as the design was the same.

I can't believe the Wii version is better. Has this ever happened in the history of cross platform? (I guess besides Tiger Woods.)

I'm not making fun of the wii, I really can't think of another example.

The DS version is done by Wayforward (Shantae, Contra 4, A Boy and his Blob, Batman: Brave & the Bold) but Nintendo Power only gave it a 6.0. They gave the Wii game a 5.5 (developed by Red Fly Studio).

The movie was awesome though, right up there with the first Iron Man.

ive actually enjoyed the game on the 360. not as long as I wanted it, but spent a good 10-12 hours on it. It does not follow the movie at all, but does play just like god of war, down to the weapons upgrade. Dont underestimate this game until you try it. And no, i did not enjoy the iron man games, they were complete garbage.

[quote name='marvelguy68']ive actually enjoyed the game on the 360. not as long as I wanted it, but spent a good 10-12 hours on it. It does not follow the movie at all, but does play just like god of war, down to the weapons upgrade. Dont underestimate this game until you try it. And no, i did not enjoy the iron man games, they were complete garbage.[/QUOTE]

thank you for that report. I just traded in my God of War III so I could do with a clone.

[quote name='confoosious']thank you for that report. I just traded in my God of War III so I could do with a clone.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a clone of God of War and I'm surprised someone said that it is. Other than a few very basic action game mechanics, this does not give of the God of War vibe. If you want a clone, go with Dante's Inferno. The Wii version of Thor is much closer to God of War than the 360/PS3 version.

"This isn't a clone of God of War and I'm surprised someone said that it is. Other than a few very basic action game mechanics, this does not give of the God of War vibe. If you want a clone, go with Dante's Inferno. The Wii version of Thor is much closer to God of War than the 360/PS3 version."

hmmmm, same button setup, same weapons upgrade system, same quick action 1 button play (tap x here, press right trigger here) when fighting bosses. It plays just like god of war 3, lol.

[quote name='marvelguy68']"This isn't a clone of God of War and I'm surprised someone said that it is. Other than a few very basic action game mechanics, this does not give of the God of War vibe. If you want a clone, go with Dante's Inferno. The Wii version of Thor is much closer to God of War than the 360/PS3 version."

hmmmm, same button setup, same weapons upgrade system, same quick action 1 button play (tap x here, press right trigger here) when fighting bosses. It plays just like god of war 3, lol.[/QUOTE]

No, this is clunky, has horrible hit detection, has no fluidity to the moves, and the combo system is extremely limited. Just because there are combos and QTE does not mean it plays like God of War. This plays like a generic action game. If you want to say it plays like a God of War made by developers who apparently have no idea what makes God of War good, then yes, this plays just like God of War 3. It's dead on in that way.

[quote name='vlv723']What did you expect from movie to game adaptions? They always suck.[/QUOTE]

Wanted was an enjoyable game (curving bullets never got old) and it took place after the movie. Wolverine was also a good game. There are others but those are just a couple of examples.

With that being said though, this game does suck. It's short, I skipped most of the cut scenes because I really didn't care what was going on after the first stage and the way they split up the levels is really stupid.

You have 5 areas in which you are trying to accomplish some crap but each area has chapters and the only way you know which chapter you are on (from what I can tell) is that it tells you when the chapter is starting. There is also no level select. So if you miss an opportunity for an achievement/trophy and you don't have an old save handy, you are going to have to start over.

Stay away from this unless you are trophy/achievement person. Getting the platinum or 1000 GS is about medium on this game but it'll take you at least 2 playtroughs. You have to beat it once to unlock the hardest difficulty.

[quote name='shoe478']Wanted was an enjoyable game (curving bullets never got old) and it took place after the movie. Wolverine was also a good game. There are others but those are just a couple of examples.
[/QUOTE]

Wolverine shouldn't count because it was originally a completely different game in development way before the movie and towards the end they decided to make it tie into the movie and slapped in some quick movie levels (which, shockingly enough, are by FAR the worst parts of the game).

[quote name='RaidenMGS3']Wolverine shouldn't count because it was originally a completely different game in development way before the movie and towards the end they decided to make it tie into the movie and slapped in some quick movie levels (which, shockingly enough, are by FAR the worst parts of the game).[/QUOTE]

That's really interesting, I always wondered how they managed to drop a golden turd like that. XO:Wolverine was such a better game than it should have been.

Also: I loved the once-in-a-lifetime tweet that Shipwreck took advantage of:

"Just to be on the safe side, avoid playing Thor on the 360. Totally didn't have cancer prior to that" - @Shipwreck

Way to be off-color yet still classy, Ship!

[quote name='confoosious']I can't believe the Wii version is better. Has this ever happened in the history of cross platform? (I guess besides Tiger Woods.)

I'm not making fun of the wii, I really can't think of another example.[/QUOTE]

Wii versions of multiplatform titles don't really get reviewed, so it's hard to pin down.

shaun white snowboarding, nhl 2k10, force unleashed 2

Not surprised this is awful. I saw GT's mini review. The hammer throw and lightning look pathetic. I really hope they can at least make a decent Avengers came when that movie comes out.

The Wii and DS version look like they're decent and worth a bargain price.

bread's done
Back