Thread XXXV - An honest & sincere letter to all Fighting Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The import Bleach DS games are awesomely fantastic. Playing on-line is good fun but the first one has crazy broken cards that make the game less than enjoyable on-line. Turning cards off would solve that problem but I couldn't read the menu system. Lag didn't seem TOO big of an issue when I played, but having to go through the whole set up all over again to play the same person with a different character in the first one was kind of a drag.

Now that Bleach 1 is here for the US, I can wait for Bleach 2 to come here as well. Wonder how long it'll be afore then.

well, I proved my point on informing you this week would be big. my job is done. time to end life >_<

finally tommorow I'll have internet again but wont be able to enjoy it due to fucking class midterm assignments >_< fuck.

for character wishes...

#1. Q -> More badass and face rape

#2. More Final Fight Characters -> it works for fuckin alpha series and guy would be perfect IMHO

#3. Akuma -> Make him suck just to freak out all the shoto players.

Another CAG & myself were disscusion if KOF XII should considered 2D or 3D. I know not much is know about it except they said they're throwing out all the old sprites and doing something new to the characters. Possibly using some cel shading to get that 2D look. Maybe a Rumble Fish kinda approach. Knowing this what do you think? Personally, I think it's still 2D.

Good to see you again ReRo.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Another CAG & myself were disscusion if KOF XII should considered 2D or 3D. I know not much is know about it except they said they're throwing out all the old sprites and doing something new to the characters. Possibly using some cel shading to get that 2D look. Maybe a Rumble Fish kinda approach. Knowing this what do you think? Personally, I think it's still 2D.

Good to see you again ReRo.[/QUOTE]

I'd still say 2D as well.

Off topic: Back home - nice to be just lounging around for a few days (besides tomorrow when I have to take the Praxis / PPST). My dad also bought me an Onyx and Crimson DS Lite to replace my Coral one that broke. Good times.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Another CAG & myself were disscusion if KOF XII should considered 2D or 3D. I know not much is know about it except they said they're throwing out all the old sprites and doing something new to the characters. Possibly using some cel shading to get that 2D look. Maybe a Rumble Fish kinda approach. Knowing this what do you think? Personally, I think it's still 2D.

Good to see you again ReRo.[/QUOTE]

from the posts, it sounds like it's either 3D models on a 2D plane or cel shaded models that retain the colorful 2D look on a 3D plane.

my guess is that we'll see actual screensKoFXII around the same time we'll start seeing SFIV. SNK tends to fuck up alot so if they converted to 3d, I say it's a fuck up. KoF is probably better remembered by me by it's great 2d design.

Ivy's not who I'm talking about. It's some 2-D fighter I'm pretty sure.

HWOOOOOOOOOOOOOH THE END...: \ You can here it in the default select screen music on a lot of the MUGEN downloads out there (like everything vs. everything).

Plus who plays SC with English turned on? BLECH. "Owari da!"

[quote name='Kuroi Kaze']Ivy's not who I'm talking about. It's some 2-D fighter I'm pretty sure.

HWOOOOOOOOOOOOOH THE END...: \ You can here it in the default select screen music on a lot of the MUGEN downloads out there (like everything vs. everything).

Plus who plays SC with English turned on? BLECH. "Owari da!"[/QUOTE]

People that play fighters in the arcade?

Character wishes for SF4?

My 3 favorite SF characters of all time obviously :)

Blanka, Vega and Cammy. BOOOOYAAAA!!!

Good luck on your test Jim. What's it for?

[quote name='asianxcore']Character wishes for SF4?

My 3 favorite SF characters of all time obviously :)

Blanka, Vega and Cammy. BOOOOYAAAA!!!

Good luck on your test Jim. What's it for?[/QUOTE]

Teacher Certification. You have to pass it to become a certified teacher in the state of Pennsylvania. I think I'll be okay though.

1192733069-42.jpg
Shot of SFIIHD in action.

I would like to see Zangief & Guile make a return, however since they weren't included in SFIII I find it doubtful. I hope they bring back more than just Ryu & Ken this time. I'd like to see a good mix of new & old.

And for god sakes get rid of Akuma. I just want to hear the shoto users cry. Right Chacrana?

[quote name='jimfoley16']Teacher Certification. You have to pass it to become a certified teacher in the state of Pennsylvania. I think I'll be okay though.[/QUOTE]

Nice! I didn't know you were studying to become a teacher.

Thanks for the screen shot EvilMax. I'll reserve any judgment I have for the game until I see it in motion.

The screen shot makes the game look bunk :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Nice! I didn't know you were studying to become a teacher.

Thanks for the screen shot EvilMax. I'll reserve any judgment I have for the game until I see it in motion.

The screen shot makes the game look bunk :)[/QUOTE]

Yup! 3 semesters after this one and then I'll be teaching America's youth.

Sweet, thanks MM! Looks like SFII alright (cept fo' dem fake fyrballz-psyke!). I assume that's local vs. I wonder how choppy XBL vs is?

Sweet, kinda hard to see the sprites due to the quality but the remixed music sounded nice. And did I see a throw recovery? Are they adding gameplay elements?

Have you guys picked up Victorious Boxers Revolution yet?

It's a pretty fun game. The controls are more responsive than Wii Sports boxing (I have it set to Swing Type 2 though), and it certainly feels kinda like arcade Punch-Out!

Of course, it gets kinda silly when you have a guy against the ropes with 10 seconds left in story mode, then it GOES INTO A SUDDEN NARRATION CUTSCENE and after the unskippable scene is over the round is done. :cold:
(You can turn off story cutscenes though, but they do add quite a bit to a bout)

[quote name='wizardofcoz4126']I wonder how much the download will cost?[/QUOTE]

My guess is 1200 points.

And no B:L, I haven't played Victorious Boxers although I want to. Looking forward to picking up sometime down the road.

Every hour of SCII in the arcade is a painful memory.

Luckily that was years ago.

I probably spent like $300 on arcade SC2 now that I think about it...: \

Anyway on GameFaceRadio last night we were discussing the implications of SF and how Capcom is going to approach the game.

There seem to be at least 3 distinct crowds:

1. Alpha Fans - Anime styling, colorful designs, custom combos, multi-level supers

2. SFIII Fans - High frames, parry system, odd character designs

3. Vs. Fans - Anime styling, cross-universe characters, ridiculous combo system

Who is SF4 targeted at? I doubt SFIII fans, because they represent a minority of Street Fighter fans. Also, is Capcom brave enough to shake off years of history with their characters? Doubtful. I think if they want "mainstream" success with SF4 all of the original SF2 characters need to be present, I imagine. Nostalgia will probably be an important emotion they want to evoke with the common customer.

SF went from being Capcom's brightest star to being Pluto. Resident Evil and Monster Hunter are probably where their real focus is, though the potential for a huge hit is there.

As for myself I'm hoping for a huge cast with Alpha characters "grown up" since it takes place chronologically first, and I wouldn't mind if they just declared SF3 non-canon and only brought over Ibuki and Alex or something.

Speaking of spending money at arcades... I probably spent =x amount for Tekken 4/Tekken 5...

Lord knows I did...

X_X

On my way to E 4 All... any SOCAL guys goin? JEKKI, kainzero!?

MGS4 is hot sex...

Like hot sex... that never cools down in the snow.

But what's hotter is that Super Mario Galaxy..... YOWZAS...

And what's HOTTER is the fact that I missed out on a fuckin Tekken 5 DR tournament at that shitty E4 All Convention and when I played the guys who entered the tournament I raped them 30 straight :MAD: :MAD: :MAD: !

I didn't even know there was a Tekken tourney! Who does the events guide!

ayo check THIS out!

DSC01163.jpg

mistah arr arr's black n white pic in joystick form!! oh shyt!

I got back from another Accent Core tourney a while back ago...lost AGAIN!!

50% becoz I need more practice, 35% I suck, 15% being the dood I faced off with was 2nd place two tourney ago, 3rd place last one -_-...

last tourney he used Eddie, the tourney he placed 2nd in he used Baiken who he was using this evening...

Baiken is one of Axl's worst matchups!! (not as bad as Millia tho...)

vids should be up by end of the week.

[quote name='MarkMan']Speaking of spending money at arcades... I probably spent =x amount for Tekken 4/Tekken 5...

Lord knows I did...

X_X

On my way to E 4 All... any SOCAL guys goin? JEKKI, kainzero!?[/QUOTE]nah mang...

I just cannot justify buying a 2 day ticket when I only got time for a day... especially if it's $75!!

so I took the cash I woulda spent going there and copped me these instead:

01.jpg

I cant believe I found these! I went to a store in Costa Mesa to buy dunks but they didnt have the ones I want...

I went down a few stores to my old workplace and saw these on the counter! I didnt even kno u can get them in retail america!!

I've been wanting them for a hot minute, now that's one less online transaction for me to go thru!!

for those not cool enough, the shoes is supposed to be the color of this:

127790017_8d6678b32d.jpg

famima-usa.jpg

I'ma step out tomorrow morning fresh as a muthafukka... then play sum third strike

lol! I jus realized the buttons on that stick are the same color as the shoes too!!

everybody is down with famima!!

:lol: crazy shit.

as for the SDtekken contest going on, I had a game in development for it, but due to midterms starting super early this week, I've had no time to finish it... I sadly drop out of entering :(

When I get time to finish it or at least get it working better (the AI has people bumping into walls and walking backwards... >_< ) I'll post it here... it was mainly going to be a game fanfiction of the tekken storyline where Bryan and Kazuya have a linked past nobody else knew about that has its roots in the g-corporation.

Bio kangaroos, jacks, tekken force, and alot of other story things relating to tekken univers were going to happen, but oh well... it'll be finished eventually.

That Haggar pic is fucking awesome! Did you draw that Rolento?

I wanna see him piledriving a bear...then a bear with a shark's head...

If anyone wants to play some Bleach online sometime, here's my code:
0044-0871-9275

results from last nite:

---------
Pretty good turnout this time around. Not as big as our 36 entrants last RanBat but still a great turnout. 26 entrants this time around. Results (10/19/07) went as follows:

1st place - "Yeknom" Hellmonkey; BA (3 points, 6 points total)
2nd place - Ken I; PO (2 points)
3rd place - Mike Z; PO (1 point, 4 points total)

Vids'll be up soon. Full videos this time. I swear it! Thanks for comin' out everyone!

---------

damn I got paired with the dood who wins FIRST PLACE?!?!?!

I dont give a fuck mang... if I lose then I lose... no other excuse. I only got myself to blame

note the game was an old school overhead shooter that focused more on stealth than action (you played as either kazuya or bryan). The engine needs work before all the visuals get a bump up. I'll post a super rough copy of it sometime... very rough.

Live from the media center at E 4 All...

Our CAG Fighter Thread Member, n8nmonster won the Soul Calibur III tournament.

Prize? Brand new 80GB PS3.

Reason? I was late to enter, otherwise I'd have owned him for free. :)

[quote name='MarkMan']Live from the media center at E 4 All...

Our CAG Fighter Thread Member, n8nmonster won the Soul Calibur III tournament.

Prize? Brand new 80GB PS3.

Reason? I was late to enter, otherwise I'd have owned him for free. :)[/quote]
Congrats to Nate! :applause:

Pretty good prize too. Too bad it doesn't play PS2 games. ;)

Alright, I got a PSP Lite Daxter bundle last night. Played some Darkstalkers Chronicles and really enjoyed it. Going to pick up Tekken DR and Street Fighter Alpha3 Max when I get a chance.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Alright, I got a PSP Lite Daxter bundle last night. Played some Darkstalkers Chronicles and really enjoyed it. Going to pick up Tekken DR and Street Fighter Alpha3 Max when I get a chance.[/QUOTE]

The capcom classics collections are a good pick up as well if you want more fighters (SFII).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']The capcom classics collections are a good pick up as well if you want more fighters (SFII).[/quote]

I might do that. I already have Capcom Collection 1 and 2 on Xbox, but a portable version would be sweet.

man yesterday was a very loooooooong day, but I went to the arcade before I made it home.

Accent Core comp was there! whoo!!!

now it sux coz I had mad winning streaks too! like I would get 2~4 wins, lose, then go back on a streak.

I dont wanna lose period!! I still need more practice!!

but I'm learning a lot of new tricks, hehehehehehehehe~~~

[quote name='Azumangaman']I can't find Darkstalkers :(
I'll have to look deeper.[/QUOTE]

darkstalkers for what....? i got a copy of chronicles i've been trying to get rid of for months now.

sorry for the lil' caps, i pulled a couple muscules in my arm skateboarding. :cry:

is it still to late to enter the SDTekken contest? I have an idea that I want to whip up, but I haven't had the time. I'll be able to have it by Tuesday if the deadline isn't over already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back