Thread XXXV - An honest & sincere letter to all Fighting Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope KOFXI and GGAC get here before this coming weekend! Super saver shipping at amazon is media mail, eh?

[quote name='jimfoley16']is it still to late to enter the SDTekken contest? I have an idea that I want to whip up, but I haven't had the time. I'll be able to have it by Tuesday if the deadline isn't over already...[/QUOTE]

a little late... deadline was last saturday.

oh and guile in later years rocks :lol:

This was posted in the Super Turbo HD thread, not sure if it got mentioned here:
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200710/N07.1019.1516.29680.htm

It's a very encouraging article. They really seem to be changing things around based on the feedback they're getting from hardcore fans. Here are some hilights:

The team at Udon was previously doing all character art, all static portraits, all backgrounds and all key frames. “What’s likely to happen is we’re going to have Udon do every single frame. As a result, we’ll get a better product, but it’s going to take more time.”
All of the characters will see some new moves and new balancing in this mode, as well as some hit prioritization changes. For example, Ryu has a fake fireball, where he’ll go through a fireball motion, without the actual attack or subsequent recovery. Ken’s fierce dragon punch travels 50 percent farther, and his hurricane kick has an extra kick in the combo and travels farther. With Sagat, it’s possible to do tiger knee, tiger knee, tiger knee, SUPER combo. Since he’s extremely projectile heavy at high levels, Capcom is allowing him to close in quickly and do a lot of damage, at the same time not changing him too much dynamically as a character. Akuma’s air fireball takes away from his SUPER meter much like a penalty. Svensson said that the most notable changes to characters will be seen in both Fei Long and T. Hawk.
Online play is one of the biggest concerns right now by users, especially considering Hyper Fighting was plain awful. While Svensson is remaining tight-lipped on most of what they have planned, he’s quite optimistic. “I think we have an approach that has never been used in a commercial fighting-game product that will be light years ahead of what’s ever been done. The team at Backbone has taken a pretty hard look at a few technical solutions that have been used in other genres that have never been used in a fighting game before to drastically reduce the input lag.”
Online modes will be expanded. Quarter mode returns, but will also be taken further – the lobby can now hold six people with four spectators and two players. Spectators can hang out and opt out of gameplay if they don’t want to play. Also, if someone drops out, someone can join a game that’s already in progress. The team is trying to fit in is the ability to save and share replays of matches, which would obviously be a big hit with the hardcore team.
Post release, if there are exploits not found in testing, Svensson says there will be updates. “If there’s something to exploit, we’ll address it. We are certainly not expecting, with the level of scrutiny that this thing is being given, by both our test group – the guys that know this inside and out better than anyone in the world – I’m not expecting anything to be found like that. If there’s anything game-breaking that does pop up, we’ll address it.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Am I reading that right and you'll be able to link 3 Tiger Knees and then a Super Combo in a row with Sagat now?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm seeing.

So because Sagat can lockdown with projectiles easily, they are giving him a way to have a solid close range game too?

Geeeeeez Capcom. The triple Tiger Knee into Super sounds extremely silly.

maaaaan... the state I am living in is pretty much spontaneously combusting at the moment...

my work was evacuated 20 minutes before the time I was planning to just leave early...

so I took the extra free time opportunity to upload sum pics I took!!

1696488239_65d96a5266.jpg

oh shyt! it's Xiaoyu!!

1696486723_13b21b0ccf.jpg

1697339324_48d34ec891.jpg

Pac-Man come aaaaand Pac-Man goooooo

but ghost just actin like friends and fooooooes

that'a be on the edge of my seat and on my toooooes

coz everything that glitters aint gold yo.

With Sagat, it’s possible to do tiger knee, tiger knee, tiger knee, SUPER combo

if there are exploits not found in testing, Svensson says there will be updates

“If there’s something to exploit, we’ll address it."

with the level of scrutiny that this thing is being given, by both our test group – the guys that know this inside and out better than anyone in the world – I’m not expecting anything to be found like that.

If there’s anything game-breaking that does pop up, we’ll address it.

With Sagat, it's poss---

Svennson excalimed "GOOD DAY SIR!!!" and promptly shut the door in our faces.

[quote name='jimfoley16']lol @ Apossum's post (to long to quote).

That's seriously what I'm thinking. Seems insane.[/QUOTE]

I think the guy who wrote the article just didn't phrase it right. Sounds like it's a new move where Sagat can attach 2 extra hits to the tiger knee? Sord of like how you have to do d,db,b+K x 3 to get a full hurricane kick SFEX, maybe?

Hey Mark, Nate, and SD crew,

I hope you guys are going to be ok. Best of luck to you all. :cry:

As for me, I'm getting the hell out of Irvine. :hot:

wow... I've been through alot of crazy ass hurricanes in my lifetime so I at least have a sense of how devastating this can be and how sudden it is.

prayers to all SDTekken-ers and SD CAGs.

whaaaaat?!?!?! what about meeeee???

markmang n Be El Kirbo, check it:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....960223,-117.443848&spn=4.827737,8.876953&z=7

I'm safe at my apartment (for now)... but my work isnt...

Buckweed Fire (Agua Dulce/Santa Clarita) 7:30 p.m. updated 10-22
Acres burned: 35,550
Containment: 20%
Destroyed: 32 structures destroyed (15 homes, 17 outstructures); 40 vehicles, two bulldozers also destroyed; 3,800 structures threatened
Injuries to residents: 3 burned
Injuries to firefighters: 1 injured
Most Recent Location: Mint Canyon at Mint Canyon Road and Sierra Highway, Fire burning toward Magic Mtn
Location: Agua Dulce, Canyon Country, Santa Clarita, Leona Valley, Green Valley, Acton, and Mint Canyon threatened
Point of origin: 11727 W. Mint Canyon Road
Homes Evacuated: 5,500 (15,000 people evacuated)
Direction burning: southwest
Firefighters dispatched: 1200
Time of start: 12:55 p.m. Sunday
Note: 60-65 mph wind gusts expected today.

1200 fighters dispatched, ~60mph winds tonite?!?!?!?! I exit the freeway at Magic Mountain parkway too... looks like tomorrow I'll be rockin the sick time and Accent Core all day

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ze-xQoEfOU[/media]

^^ lol

I'm so bored, I'm forcing myself to stay awake because of the latest news updates on the fires... The fires are about 5-6 miles away from where I'm at...

So yea... the ones in San Diego completely buster wolf'd the city....

0-22-07, 8:36 p.m.

WITCH FIRE: The latest update from CALFIRE reports the fire is now 145,000 acres and zero percent contained. The cause is under investigation.

* 600 structures have been destroyed (500 residences, 50 outbuildings, 100 commercial properties)

* 300 structures have been damaged (250 residences, 75 commercial properties and 50 outbuildings)
* Seven injuries to firefighters; one civilian injury

HARRIS FIRE:

The Harris Fire has now burned 22,000 acres and is five percent contained. Some civilians have chosen not to evacuate and have created rescue problems as the fire impacts their community.

* Five firefighters injured; one civilian fatality, six civilians injured
* The cost to date to fight this fire is $1,300,000

[quote name='MarkMan']So yea... the ones in San Diego completely buster wolf'd the city....[/quote]
westcoastmordor1.jpg

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY WALK INTO SAN DIEGO

It's been said over and over again but the Sagat stuff still sounds filthy.

I'm more curious about the range of Ken's Dragon Punch. I'm sure it'll be nothing like early K' but I wonder if it'll be used more or less because of it. The hints towards new priorities are killing me, as well. It's getting harder to wait for this game.

hope you all the SD cags are safe.

seems like KOFXI won't be arriving for a while from amazon. :( I need my Tung Fu Rue ultra super transformation fix.

king-of-fighters-xi_02b.jpg

As everyone has mentioned, I hope all of you SD Cags stay safe.

JEKKI, where do you work? Somewhere that is cool enough to have a GG and CVS2 cab chillin.

I work in Magic Mountain-ish area.

we're totally safe now tho... I ended up going to work, albeit late.

the winds died down too, Markman how's the winds in daygo going??

hopefully things get better soon...

they straight evacuated half a mil ppl down there already... shyt's outta hand man!

Some of the fires are getting worse, still 0-5% contained in most areas.

Luckily the one closest to me has calmed down and has stopped progressing.

Still too amped/wired to play any games, I'm glued to the news/radio.

I tried playing Phoenix Wright 3 but I ended up ignoring the DS Lite after awhile...

Looks cool, but Ryu and Ken's arms look a little big IMO. I mean they're supposed to be jack dudes, but that looks pretty wild.

Either way, looks damn incredible.

whoa :shock: looks awesome!

Ryu's profile looks a little like Sylvester Stallone, eh? :)

just looking at the portraits it's too easy to see it's done by Udon which is good..

anyone play Akatsuki Blitzkampf ?

it's a PC fighter getting ported to arcades... I hear is super good and refreshing for fighter players... It looks super generic and may not interest people but the gameplay I hear is amazingly great.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzhyMwnNmY0[/media]

actually, I think I mentioned it before but never heard of any impressions till now... you can download the demo:

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~subtle/download.html

Thanks for posting that demo Rolento. gonna install it after I finish this paper.

In case anyone else ordered KOFXI at amazon, they are saying it's pushed back to 11/13, launching with NGBC :\

[quote name='Apossum']Thanks for posting that demo Rolento. gonna install it after I finish this paper.

In case anyone else ordered KOFXI at amazon, they are saying it's pushed back to 11/13, launching with NGBC :\[/QUOTE]

I am not sure, but you may have to change some windows settings to get the game to work but supposedly it's not that hard.

also new trailer for the game everyone keeps and will probably for a while forget is happening UMK3 DS:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26843.html

really, who the hell is going to play this aspect of the game? it looks bad and wasn't good to start with.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']

anyone play Akatsuki Blitzkampf ?

it's a PC fighter getting ported to arcades...[/QUOTE]

It's being ported to arcades?

Link?

I play Akatsuki Bliztkampf everyonce in awhile. The game is really easy to get into and execution for moves is easy. In the full game theres net play built-in.

That thing looks like it weighs 50 pounds. That's why I love my SCII stick, light and cool looking. They look nice but with no headset support you'd be better off with a cheaper HORI.

[quote name='Apossum']hope you all the SD cags are safe.

seems like KOFXI won't be arriving for a while from amazon. :( I need my Tung Fu Rue ultra super transformation fix.

king-of-fighters-xi_02b.jpg
[/quote]
Yes I know I am late on this piece of news, but I just found out today and dammit I was so hoping to play this game this week! Now it has been delayed until Nov. 2nd!

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

OK. According to Amazon.com, KOF XI has been delayed to Nov. 13th. NGBC has also been delayed to that same date. The only good thing I can see from this is the fact that along with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns being released on the same date, Nov. 13th will have a tri-fecta of 2D goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back