Thrift Store Thread 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Potatoeman']Went to a "mega" Good Will today, saw an old MS-DOS game that I may go back and get - Gabriel Knight. Also saw Amazon Trail II, and a sonic and knuckles collection for PC.

A ton of sports titles for PS2 and xbox. A NBA Live 96' Longbox for ps1. Everything else was terrible. I searched all the CDs and thought I saw Tactics Ogre for PS1, but it was just the misleading text!

They also had some auctions up - A star Wars one with a ton of neat stuff, particularly a huge lego set in the back of the case that I couldnt see well.. It was at $60.00[/QUOTE]

U need to back and check out which lego star wars set it was. Some of those go for massive amounts.

[quote name='schuerm26']25 cents

IMAG1513.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Nice! I have this on cassette. Not his best album but good.

You never flipped tactics ogre? within the past week theres been like 6 copies sold for $40+ on ebay..

Checking prices on ebay, maybe I will head back and throw up a bid on that star wars stuff

[quote name='Potatoeman']You never flipped tactics ogre? within the past week theres been like 6 copies sold for $40+ on ebay.. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Porksta']I'm guessing he never flipped it because he played it and decided to keep it.[/QUOTE]

Hah, no, my credit card is no longer in working condition. I inflated the price a bit on Craigslist because it's Craigslist but nobody fell for it. :(

I did play it, but I'm not a very tactical person. It probably won't hurt to hang on to it for a while, though.

today i grabbed Call of Juarez : Bound in Blood for 360 $7.99 at a goodwill. it was a sealed copy but the disc was loose inside, works great

Came pretty !@#$ing close to getting a VirtualBoy, with box, and a handful of boxed VirtualBoy games for $20. The guy brought it into the place I was at to sell it, but decided he'd rather get $150ish for it "on ebay." Damn!

[quote name='jaysapathy']Came pretty !@#$ing close to getting a VirtualBoy, with box, and a handful of boxed VirtualBoy games for $20. The guy brought it into the place I was at to sell it, but decided he'd rather get $150ish for it "on ebay." Damn![/QUOTE]
You wanted the VB for collection purposes or to resell? I'm just wondering cuz I remember playing one of the display models in a Hills store when they first came out and I had a frickin' migraine headache for about 2-3 hours after playing.

It was one of the worst mistakes as far as systems go that Nintendo ever made and I'm still trying to figure out why people want the damned thing.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You wanted the VB for collection purposes or to resell? I'm just wondering cuz I remember playing one of the display models in a Hills store when they first came out and I had a frickin' migraine headache for about 2-3 hours after playing.

It was one of the worst mistakes as far as systems go that Nintendo ever made and I'm still trying to figure out why people want the damned thing.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's the sort of thing where you invite a chick over, get her to stick her face in it, and then follow up the red screen disorientation with backrubs.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Maybe it's the sort of thing where you invite a chick over, get her to stick her face in it, and then follow up the red screen disorientation with backrubs.[/QUOTE]
I guess. I certainly can't see any other reason for wanting to own a VB aside from flipping or for collection purposes.

Managed to snag at a local thrift store:

Just Cause 2 $12
Assassin's Creed II $5
Lego Indiana Jones 2 $5
Gears of War 2 $5

They had numerous more including Red Dead ($22) and Batman ($15) but already played/beat both of those & currently own Red Dead. Going back tomorrow to snag Grand Theft Auto IV + Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes of Liberty City for $12.

[quote name='Foladar']Managed to snag at a local thrift store:

Just Cause 2 $12
Assassin's Creed II $5
Lego Indiana Jones 2 $5
Gears of War 2 $5

They had numerous more including Red Dead ($22) and Batman ($15) but already played/beat both of those & currently own Red Dead. Going back tomorrow to snag Grand Theft Auto IV + Grand Theft Auto IV Episodes of Liberty City for $12.[/QUOTE]

For which system? PC? 360? PS3? I wish my local thrift stores would have deals like that, though their prices would probably be double those.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']For which system? PC? 360? PS3? I wish my local thrift stores would have deals like that, though their prices would probably be double those.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, it was 360 versions. It's the first time I've seen non-NES/Sega games there, someone dropped off like 20 games from Godfather to Fallout 3 to GTA4 to Batman: AA and Tekken 6, really crazy. Most recent title was RDR but otherwise seems to be mostly older stuff. They even had the 360 system itself but after looking it over, the manuf date was 2006 & the output was only b/w and seemed like it was going out.

Found a complete black label (PS1) Xenogears mint the only thing that had a few scratches was the outside of the double jewel case. But that is fixed easy enough!!! and it was only $6 at a local Goodwill!!

[quote name='Foladar']Sorry about that, it was 360 versions. It's the first time I've seen non-NES/Sega games there, someone dropped off like 20 games from Godfather to Fallout 3 to GTA4 to Batman: AA and Tekken 6, really crazy. Most recent title was RDR but otherwise seems to be mostly older stuff. They even had the 360 system itself but after looking it over, the manuf date was 2006 & the output was only b/w and seemed like it was going out.[/QUOTE]

Nice! We usually have 360 games rarely, once a week and PS3 games 2-3 a week ( 1-3 games ) but sometimes if I'm lucky, they'll have several awesome PS1 games.. if I could get a license I would go there every other day :drool:

I got like several Yu-gi-oh cards and several microsoft mice for less than $3, pretty awesome as some of the cards are more than $20.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You wanted the VB for collection purposes or to resell? I'm just wondering cuz I remember playing one of the display models in a Hills store when they first came out and I had a frickin' migraine headache for about 2-3 hours after playing.

It was one of the worst mistakes as far as systems go that Nintendo ever made and I'm still trying to figure out why people want the damned thing.[/QUOTE]
I think the fact that it was a mistake, as well as being pretty rare since no one bought it, is what makes it sought after since it's an interesting part of gaming history. I mean, what other console warns people that they may experience headaches or has a library of less than 20 games? What's also interesting is that it was the last system created by Gunkei Yokoi, the creator of the Gameboy and Metroid, before he passed away after being hit by a car.

While I doubt many people would want to play it, it's still a pretty nice keepsake.

I picked up a Virtual Boy on clearance at Walmart years and years ago for like $20 and while it does tend to give you headaches if you play for too long, the Wario game and Mario Tennis are both pretty fun.

[quote name='blindinglights']I picked up a Virtual Boy on clearance at Walmart years and years ago for like $20 and while it does tend to give you headaches if you play for too long, the Wario game and Mario Tennis are both pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

That's a great deal. Nearly impossible to find nowadays. Only ebay and amazon sells them now.

[quote name='blindinglights']I picked up a Virtual Boy on clearance at Walmart years and years ago for like $20 and while it does tend to give you headaches if you play for too long, the Wario game and Mario Tennis are both pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

That's how I got my Virtual Boy and most of my games, the system was on clearance for $30 at the local Walmart & all of the games $10 a pop.

Still wish I could have grabbed that so cheap. The guy eventually listed it on a classifieds site for $200. Boxed, with something like 5 games. Took it down a few days later, so perhaps he sold it.

At any rate, picked up Ground Zero Texas (SegaCD), Fantastic Dizzy (Genesis), Baldur's Gate II (xbox), and Troddlers (SNES) for $38 today. $8 was the cost, $30 was the parking ticket I got for being two minutes late on the meter. Insanity.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Still wish I could have grabbed that so cheap. The guy eventually listed it on a classifieds site for $200. Boxed, with something like 5 games. Took it down a few days later, so perhaps he sold it.

At any rate, picked up Ground Zero Texas (SegaCD), Fantastic Dizzy (Genesis), Baldur's Gate II (xbox), and Troddlers (SNES) for $38 today. $8 was the cost, $30 was the parking ticket I got for being two minutes late on the meter. Insanity.[/QUOTE]

Parking meters suck. I'll park four blocks away before I'll use one.

What killed me was that the meter only allowed for 15 minutes at a time. The meter maid basically sat on the side of the road, and quite literally two minutes after mine expired, he plopped a ticket on my windshield. Pretty sure he started writing it before it even expired. fucking hate Salt Lake City, bunch of money grubbing bastards.

[quote name='jaysapathy']What killed me was that the meter only allowed for 15 minutes at a time. The meter maid basically sat on the side of the road, and quite literally two minutes after mine expired, he plopped a ticket on my windshield. Pretty sure he started writing it before it even expired. fucking hate Salt Lake City, bunch of money grubbing bastards.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, you'd think they would have bigger fishes to fry in this day in age. I live in a small town now, so i never really see meter maids. I remember when i lived in NY tho, they'd drive around in those 3-wheeled deathtraps, LOL.

[quote name='lude21']That sucks, you'd think they would have bigger fishes to fry in this day in age. I live in a small town now, so i never really see meter maids. I remember when i lived in NY tho, they'd drive around in those 3-wheeled deathtraps, LOL.[/QUOTE]
There used to be a 15 minute parking spot right down in front of the unemployment office in downtown and I made the mistake of parking there not once but twice. With how long it's taken me prior times to get waited on there you would think I would've known better.

Anyway, I took the liberty of letting some dogs into City Hall when I was going there to pay my ticket. There were like 3-4 stray dogs walking around by there, so I whistled for them, opened the door and laughed my ass off when one of them shit on the floor.:lol:;)

The tickets were only $5 each though cuz I was within 24 hours of getting it, but ever since then I park at the mall and I walk the 2-3 blocks there rather than risk it.

[quote name='lude21']That sucks, you'd think they would have bigger fishes to fry in this day in age. I live in a small town now, so i never really see meter maids. I remember when i lived in NY tho, they'd drive around in those 3-wheeled deathtraps, LOL.[/QUOTE]

The thing that really strikes me as funny is that Wyoming is an hour out of SLC. When I was there, they had these all over the streets:

http://www.carlislepa.org/vertical/...ds/{5F1C65DD-AC16-4406-BBC4-E96C34FA9118}.JPG

So, if you get a parking fine, you stick it in an envelope, and they check it at the end of the week. It's amazing what a difference an hour's drive can make.

I checked out the Salvation Army where I had luck getting SNES games before and I ended up picking up a copy of the 1986 Transformers animated movie soundtrack(originally pressed in 1992 or so according to sources I've checked already).

It has a bunch of light scratches on it, but I only paid $4 for it so I figured what the hell.

The cover for it looks like this:

64.jpg

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I checked out the Salvation Army where I had luck getting SNES games before and I ended up picking up a copy of the 1986 Transformers animated movie soundtrack(originally pressed in 1992 or so according to sources I've checked already).

It has a bunch of light scratches on it, but I only paid $4 for it so I figured what the hell.

The cover for it looks like this:

64.jpg
[/QUOTE]

For a while that was OOP and worth some good money, Sony re-released it back in 2006, though, and I believe it is still in print.

Jackal (NES) - .75
Target: Renegade (NES) - .75
Super Tennis (SNES) - .75
NBA Hang Time (SNES) - .75
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES) - .75
Spyro The Dragon (PS1, GH Complete) - 1.75

All cart only expect for Spyro and all 50% off what they were marked. Slow day yardsaling and the Salvation Army ended up having better finds. I found all of what I did in the media section except for Street Fighter Alpha 2 in the toy section where I found some good N64 games at about a month or so ago.

[quote name='Doomstink']For a while that was OOP and worth some good money, Sony re-released it back in 2006, though, and I believe it is still in print.[/QUOTE]
That was the first thing I did after I got home was checked Ebay values. The ones that were listed were going for $12-15 at most.

I'm just still surprised by the Weird Al song on the soundtrack.

Got a 15" LCD monitor for $10 from VV, it turned on when I test it. When I came home and plugged into the DVI slot, bunch of random white blocks all over the screen for a second then it does it again. Their games are like $5, I'm going to get a lot of their surveys and put F on every single one, I hope they will lower their prices then.

[quote name='jaysapathy']What killed me was that the meter only allowed for 15 minutes at a time. The meter maid basically sat on the side of the road, and quite literally two minutes after mine expired, he plopped a ticket on my windshield. Pretty sure he started writing it before it even expired. fucking hate Salt Lake City, bunch of money grubbing bastards.[/QUOTE]
I assume you're talking about the meters in front of the SLC Graywhale? Whenever I go there I park at the Zions Bank that's across the street. I've done it for years and never gotten in trouble for doing so.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That was the first thing I did after I got home was checked Ebay values. The ones that were listed were going for $12-15 at most.

I'm just still surprised by the Weird Al song on the soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's an odd mix of 80s music. All the songs on it are in the movie, though. Weird Al plays when they're on the junk planet in the middle of the movie. I'm relatively certain that outside of UHF, that is the only time his music has been used in a movie.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I assume you're talking about the meters in front of the SLC Graywhale? Whenever I go there I park at the Zions Bank that's across the street. I've done it for years and never gotten in trouble for doing so.[/QUOTE]

Zions Bank? No, I'm talking about the downtown store, just up the street from Hogle Zoo (the standalone one with two floors, by the burger joint). The little fucking meter maid needs something better to do than watch cars park. Fat tub of lard.

That problem's not limited to just Salt Lake though -- I was in Orem the other night, and almost ran over some obviously coked up girl wandering through the Dollar Store parking lot. I called the police, who came to ask me a few questions.. And the officer behind the wheel was so heavy that his stomach rubbed against the wheel. What the hell? I thought you had to be fit to be a police officer. Or are they taking the term "pig" too literally?

At any rate, if you've never been to the downtown one, it's absolutely insane. I'd love to just go in there with a credit card that has no limit, and take one or two of everything. To go. \m/

Today when I was at the thrift store I saw Streets of Rage for Sega Genesis but it was in such crappy condition that I didn't get it.

I also saw two bags of what appeared to be Marvel trading cards. There were a few hundred in there and they wanted $8 for all of them. I picked them up thinking something in there had to be worth something. I got home and took an inventory of the lot. The bulk of them are 1995 Marvel Masterpieces cards, there's not a full set but this is what I got:

Marvel Masterpieces #1 Apocalypse (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #2 Apocalypse (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #3 Apocalypse (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #4 Archangel (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #5 Archangel (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #6 Archangel (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #7 Beast (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #8 Beast (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #9 Beast (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #10 Bishop (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #11 Bishop (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #12 Bishop (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #13 Cable (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #14 Cable (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #15 Cable (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #16 Captain America (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #17 Captain America (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #18 Captain America (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #19 Carnage (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #20 Carnage (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #21 Carnage (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #22 Cyclops (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #25 Daredevil (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #26 Daredevil (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #27 Daredevil (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #28 Dr. Doom (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #29 Doctor Doom (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #30 Doctor Doom (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #31 Galactus (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #32 Galactus (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #33 Galactus (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #34 Gambit (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #35 Gambit (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #36 Gambit (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #37 Ghost Rider (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #38 Ghost Rider (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #39 Ghost Rider (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #40 Hulk (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #41 Hulk (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #42 Hulk (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #43 Human Torch (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #44 Human Torch (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #45 Human Torch (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #46 Iceman (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #47 Iceman (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #49 Invisible Woman (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #50 Invisible Woman (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #51 Invisible Woman (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #52 Iron Man (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #54 Iron Man (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #55 Jean Grey (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #57 Jean Grey (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #58 Jubilee (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #59 Jubilee (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #60 Jubilee (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #61 Magneto (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #62 Magneto (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #63 Magneto (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #64 Mandarin (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #65 Mandarin (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #66 Mandarin (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #67 Mister Sinister (x3)*
Marvel Masterpieces #68 Mister Sinister (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #69 Mister Sinister (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #70 Namor (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #71 Namor (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #72 Namor (x4)
Marvel Masterpieces #73 Professor X (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #74 Professor X (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #75 Professor X (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #76 Psylocke (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #77 Psylocke (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #78 Psylocke (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #79 Punisher (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #80 Punisher (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #81 Punisher (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #82 Rogue (x4)
Marvel Masterpieces #83 Rogue (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #84 Rogue (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #85 Sabretooth (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #86 Sabretooth (x4)
Marvel Masterpieces #87 Sabretooth (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #88 Silver Surfer (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #89 Silver Surfer (x4)
Marvel Masterpieces #91 Spider-Man (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #93 Spider-Man (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #94 Storm (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #95 Storm (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #97 Thanos (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #98 Thanos (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #99 Thanos (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #100 Thing (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #101 Thing (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #102 Thing (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #103 Thor (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #104 Thor (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #105 Thor (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #106 Venom (x4)*
Marvel Masterpieces #107 Venom (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #108 Venom (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces #110 War Machine (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #111 War Machine (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces #112 Wolverine (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces #114 Wolverine (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #115 Black Cat (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #116 Black Panther (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #117 Blaze (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #119 Cyber (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #120 Deadpool (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #122 Domino (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #123 Dr. Octopus (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #124 Elektra (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #125 Emplate (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #126 Green Goblin (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #127 Hobgoblin (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #128 Juggernaut (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #129 Kingpin (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #130 Lizard (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #130 Loki (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #132 Mephisto (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #133 Modok (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #134 Mojo (x3)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #135 Mr. Fantastic (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #136 Mystique (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #138 Omega Red (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #139 Penance (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #140 Red Skull (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #140 Rhino (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #142 Sauron (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #143 Scarlet Spider (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #144 Shatterstar (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #145 She-Hulk (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #148 Strong Guy (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #149 Tyrant (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks #150 Vision (x2)

Marvel Masterpieces Emotion Signature Series #4 Archangel (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Emotion Signature Series #112 Wolverine (x1)

Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #115 Black Cat (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #116 Black Panther (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #117 Blaze (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #120 Deadpool (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #129 Kingpin (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #133 Modok (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #135 Mr. Fantastic (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #139 Penance (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Picks Emotion Signature Series #139 Red Skull (x1)

Marvel Masterpieces Canvas #2 Beast (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Canvas #3 Bishop (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Canvas #7 Gambit (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Canvas #13 Magneto (x1)
Marvel Masterpieces Canvas #14 Namor (x2)
Marvel Masterpieces Canvas #20 Spider-Man (x1)

I guess the Emotion Signature Series cards are the most desirable by glancing on eBay. Only three of the cards had bent corners, the rest have pretty sharp edges with only some slight wear here and there. Does anyone know anything about these? What is the best place to sell them?

In addition to the Marvel Masterpieces stuff, there are maybe 30-40 Marvel vs. DC comics cards which I haven't gone through yet.

The bags also had a few NBA cards from 1993, some Alice in Wonderland cards, two packs of unopened Skybox Cinderella cards, one pack of unopened Pocahantas cards, a bunch of Toy Story cards, and a Food Lion MVP card lol.

You're not going to go far with Marvel Masterpieces cards. I picked up a handful of unopened packages at my local Dollar Store this evening. Your best bet would be to just sell them as a lot, perhaps sell the signature series separate, and try to get your money back. If it's not a full set and if they're not the chase cards, you just have a bunch of neat, loose cards. I'll have to check my collections, but I don't think I'm in need of any singles at the moment... But I'll get back to you. :D

Finally scored good at a traditional thrift store, in this case the DI (Deseret Industries). Managed to pick up Bomberman, Mega Man 3, and "Super C" for $1 each, with black sleeves.

This is my second copy of MM3 this year, so I traded it in for God Of War Collection, almost straight across. :D

N64 Gauntlet Legends (sealed) - 4.99
Took a chance on this, but looks like I'll be able to make good money on it. Also picked up a couple Prima guides for a quarter each, Diablo and Star Wars Starfighter.

today was one of the days where Goodwill was just way off- 3 gameboy pockets in the glasscase up front for $20 each. last gameboy i saw before those was $5

[quote name='NaturalHatTrick']N64 Gauntlet Legends (sealed) - 4.99
Took a chance on this, but looks like I'll be able to make good money on it. Also picked up a couple Prima guides for a quarter each, Diablo and Star Wars Starfighter.[/QUOTE]

I just found Gauntlet Legends N64 at a thrift store yesterday. It was cart only but Im not complaining for $2

atomic purple n64 controller and cartridge only goldeneye 64- $7.55 . guy said the n64 was on the shelf when i asked so it mustve been bought already

Haven't had to much luck this summer this far until recently. Just in the past two weeks I've found some really cool stuff at my usual thrift stores. First came the Game Gear lot. I've never had one of these so I jumped on the chance to get this at my local Goodwill. Looking back I think I over paid, but the condition is so good (has both battery covers on the back). Came with the Game Gear, some baseball game, NBA Jam, Sonic 2, Taz Mania, the battery pack, and the official carrying case*spiffy*. All for $25

Not really a Thrift store find but still a bunch of free old PC games I got from my uncle that same week. Notables: Space Quest 2 & 3, The Dig, Indiana Jones FoA, and Curse of Monkey Island

And then today was a really good finding day at the Unique Thrifts! At the first Unique Thrift my girlfriend spotted from across the store the Nintendo seal of Quality on a box. It turns out that it was Acclaim's Double Player wireless controllers for the NES. Pretty awesome since I forgot that these existed ($8). We also found Kirby's Block Ball for the Game Boy ($3). There were also other NES games but I passed on them.

At the next Unique Thrift I saw a Master System box just sitting on the floor. When I looked in there, there was a bunch of games and wires. Sadly no system or 3d glasses. There were component cables in the box, so I'll keep an eye out for the system. They were asking $25 originally for everything but it was half off day so I got it for about $12.50. = )

Hopefully I'll be able to keep the lucky streak up for a while

I think the real notable out of those PC games is Grim Fandango, a complete in big box copy of that game is probably worth $80 - $100 or more.

[quote name='Doomstink']I think the real notable out of those PC games is Grim Fandango, a complete in big box copy of that game is probably worth $80 - $100 or more.[/QUOTE]

What he said, Grim Fandango is definitely a find!

There are a ton of classic point and click adventure games in that lot, to bad there aren't any Tex Murphy games! You have pretty much every good point and click from near the end of the genres popularity

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back