Throw down the ONE game you own that you doubt *any* other CAG has!

ShadowCaster

g124481zi3t.jpg

[quote name='crazytalkx']
Uhhh Game Boy Color Metal Gear Solid

Not really rare, just never see 'em[/QUOTE]
i have this

If it's title only I'll say:

Rocket Ranger (NES) boxed
Bahamut Lagoon (SFAMI) factory sealed
Chrono Trigger (PS1) (J) factory sealed
Philosoma (PS1) longbox
Space Invaders Anniversary (PS2) (J)... sealed with LE arcade replica controller

If rarity/condition counts I'll proudly say:

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn) FACTORY SEALED.... thought to only be 10 still sealed in exitstence!
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1) FACTORY SEALED... non Greatest Hits :)

Pics of some on my MySpace page :)

[quote name='ViolentLee']That's one of my 5 or so 32-X games. I don't think I could ever find the AC adaptor for it (got it while working @ Funcoland cuz we couldn't take it as trade), so I never played it. Thus, my copies of Cosmic Carnage, Toughman, and a few others are either mint or factory sealed.[/QUOTE]

You're not missing much, but if you ever wanted to try your 32X, you can get an AC adapter for it from Sega-Parts.com. It's pricey, but Sega-Parts.com is fully authorized by Sega to sell replacement parts for Sega's systems.

Haven't read though all the posts but I'll throw Ashen for N-Gage. I think I have just about every game they put out (didn't have to pay for any of them and have never played a single one).

[quote name='Shmitty']got it.

the only game i can throw out there would be powerball for the genesis. others might have had it. it was actually quite a bit of fun.
23676909.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Another CFTBL owner on CAG? WOW! What kind of shape is it in? Mine is about an 8.5...:cool:

RD

[quote name='Wolve11']I would have to go with Phantasmagoria for PC. It was a scary adventure game, and it is still awesome.[/quote]

Own it...and Freddy Farkas, Frontier Pharmacist, mentioned above...and just about every other Sierra Adventure game from Kings Quest 1 up to, jeesh, the last Liesure Suit Larry.

Phantasmagoria was OK....Lots of FMV....I actually preferred 7th guest's mass of minigames though. Now, the Gabriel Knight games....THEY were awesome!

My "hard to find" game would be Magic Candle I and Magic Candle II. They were awesome RPG's, but didn't sell very well.

I won't even get into all the Commodore 64 and TRS-80 Co-Co games...those are just TOO obscure. :)

[quote name='wubb']Wow, just from that screen shot alone you can tell how awful of a game it must be. I mean WTF is Paula Poundstone doing with a sword?[/quote]
This game was seriously 1000 times worse than it looks

Another I thought of was Eternal Champions: Challenge from the Dark Side for Sega CD.

[quote name='Snoozer']Put me down for: Maniac Mansion 2 - Day of the Tentacle[/quote]

Own it..and the first one.

And all the other SCUMM games (Sam and Max being the best, but...I'm also partial to the Monkey Island games).

[quote name='Rig']Oh, wait. I do have one PC game that might qualify. It's the original Mega Man for PC. I don't even really remember what it ran on. Pretty sure it was buggy as hell on Windows 95. And it sucked hard. (Floppy disc with horrendously bad boxart.)[/QUOTE]

Was it the same as the NES box art or something even worse? (Is that possible?)

megaman1.JPG

[quote name='willardhaven']Heiankyo Alien for Game Boy... yeah, I got it as a gift.[/quote] and they've got this at the EB in the mall where i work for $3, was actually going to pick that up tonight.

[quote name='SpeedyG']Sorry I have phantasmagoria, A!0 Cuba, Freddy Pharkas, Keef The thief and Blair Witch: Rustin Parr for the Pc. Also I have Burai Fighter for both the NES and Gameboy.

For my part [/quote]
I own Dragon Wars. :)

I'll up you Westwoods "Legend of Kyrandia" series (both 1 and 2...was there ever a 3?).

Hmmm, tough to pick one out. Somebody already put out Panzer Dragoon Saga. Going to stay away from PC titles.

Carnage Heart for the PS1. No one talks about this one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnage_Heart

Virtual Boy games were mentioned. How about Jack Bros., Wario Land, and Panic Bomber? I should throw some oddballs out from my 3DO collection. :)

[quote name='iheartmetal']not so much a game, but i still have dr. sbaitso. a speaking DOS program that was a psychiatric flaunting of technology.

sbaitsorm9.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Dr Sbaitso was hilarious. A friend of mine had that and was always calling people and having the good doctor talk to them.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Shame on you. You freaking saw my HDLoader list AND commented on my having Final Fantasy X International... and then we discussed the legality of my copy. :lol:

Anyway, I'm going with Space Hulk and The Incredible Machine, both for PC. I'll think of more later.[/quote]

I'll zap you on the Incredible Machine and raise you The Incredible Machine 2.

[quote name='drone8888']If rarity/condition counts I'll proudly say:

Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn) FACTORY SEALED.... thought to only be 10 still sealed in exitstence![/QUOTE]

Not doubting you, but how is that figure determined? (I find it intriguing that something like that is known w/ any degree of confidence.)

[quote name='doho7744']I not only have Keef the Thief and Dragon Wars, but the entire SSI rpg collection (AD&D gold box and Buck Rogers). Throw in Bad Blood by Origins and Tunnels and Trolls by New World Computing. Yes I do have a 5.25 drive still.[/quote]
Ditto on all of them (The goldbox series and SSIR RPG's).

As well as all the ultima games (1 - 9) and "spin offs" (the weird martian one who's title I can't remember....) and every might and magic ever made (the rpg's, not the rts's).

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I have all of those. Does anyone have any of these:
Budokan (PC)
Hocus Pocus (PC)
Hunter Hunted (PC)
The Immortal (PC)
Rage of Mages (PC)
Rage of Mages 2: Necromancer (PC)
Sherlock Holmes Volume I (Sega CD)
Rayman 2 (GBC)[/quote]

I own Budokan, The Immortal, both Rage of Mages (hated them) and Sherlock Holmes Volume 1.

[quote name='Machine']If it weren't for a garage sale my parents had when I went away to college, I'd have everyone stumped. I had a bunch of old Apple ][+ games like Star Blazer, Miner 2049, and Mummy's Curse - all in original ziplock baggies with original instructions. I wish to hell they hadn't done that.

I have pretty much all the domestic console stuff being mentioned from Saturn, PS1 and PS2.

I'll throw out a couple but I'm sure somebody else has them:
Dreamcast imports - Headhunter (Euro. version), Under Defeat, Border Down
Gamecube import - Mr. Driller Drill Land[/quote]
I STILL have Below the Root for Apple IIe kicking around somwhere.

[quote name='darthbudge']Let's see anyone have Mig alley for the PC? I used to love that game although I could never finish any missions I had a fun time bombing the hell out of North Korea.
[/QUOTE]

I have the Mig Alley/ Apache Havoc pack. Has been a long time since I've played them. Speaking of pc sims, how about Falcon 4.0 in the big ass binder?

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']Lunar SSS for PC, Titanic for PC, prototype Xbox controller, but Idk if that counts...I'm sure some people have that though.[/quote]

I have Titanic for PC if it's the one where it's an adventure game taking place an exact replica of the ship...and once you beat it I think you get full walkthrough priviledges/tour of the ship.

Hmm....this is a pretty cool topic. I'll play a five card hand of:

Star Wars Data East pinball machine
Sonic Adventure 2 10th Anniversary Birthday Edition (Dreamcast)
Windwalker for the Apple II
Jawbreaker for the TI-994A
Smash TV for Sega Game Gear

[quote name='6669']I think the most obscure game I have is Friday the 13th for NES, buts thats all I can think of.[/quote]

I own that. Wow, was it bad.

I'll raise you Ultima:Exodus for the NES.

[quote name='4tygames']OK, try these old PC games:

Loom (CD version) ( I love this game, still play it today! Works great in XP)

Microsoft Flight Simulator 1.0 (Complete with everything!)

SSN-21 Seawolf

[/quote]

Check, check, and check.

My loom CD version came as a "bonus" with something else...can't remember what...another Lucasarts SCUMM game.

[quote name='pilferk']I STILL have Below the Root for Apple IIe kicking around somwhere.[/QUOTE]

Below the root fricken rocked in its day.

[quote name='botticus']I'll throw Lords of Magic out there (the bug-ridden original one, not the SE where my name appears in the credits).

Hard to say with old PC titles, I have no idea of their popularity or lack thereof.[/quote]

I have that...and the SE becuase I thought they fixed it.

I'm going to throwdown: Birthright: The Gorgons Alliance for the PC It was an official D&D game from Sierra On-Line. But I literally have dozens of retail PC games that no one has probably heard of.

On the Console side: Zen: Intergalactic Ninja for the NES.

EDIT:
Alright, I have to put out a few more PC titles that I have, because they made me chuckle:

William Shatner's TekWar
Witchhaven
Witchhaven 2: Blood Vengence
Conqueror 1086 A.D.
Revenant
Betrayal at Antara
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
Majong Century

Soo Funny!

I didn't read all 12 pages (only a quick scan). But, I didn't see this one.

Pete Rose Baseball on the Atari 2600.

I know on the first page they were talking about Iron Storm. Use to have that game long ago, one of the few that I sold back. Sort of regret it, it's a solid game (or was at the time).

Masters of Monsters - Sega Genesis

I used to love that game. Lots of strategy. Picking to be a Warlock or Summoner was cool too. I still play that today...for nastalgia purposes of course.

Master_of_Monsters_GEN_ScreenShot2.jp

EDIT: Joshua - Sega Genesis

It's a religious game, but had over 100 levels. One of the hardest, but best games I have ever played. Still the best puzzle game imo.

[quote name='prmononoke']I've got Para Para Paradise for the Japanese PS2. Also, a few games from the Densha de Go! series that I got when I bought the system.

220_vignette.jpg

Also, that isn't my picture, but that is what the box looks like.[/QUOTE]

OMG I have sooo wanted that. Nevermind that I dont have a Jap PS2 but the game just looks so cool... I love all the bemani music games.

[quote name='tayaf69']Masters of Monsters - Sega Genesis

I used to love that game. Lots of strategy. Picking to be a Warlock or Summoner was cool too. I still play that today...for nastalgia purposes of course.
[/QUOTE]

I have that one too. I loved most of the games that Renovation released (Valis, Traysia, Gaiares, Arrow Flash, etc). Its a shame that Sega ate them up and they no longer exist.

[quote name='pilferk']I have Titanic for PC if it's the one where it's an adventure game taking place an exact replica of the ship...and once you beat it I think you get full walkthrough priviledges/tour of the ship.[/QUOTE]

Yup!

[quote name='dratsacras']Swordquest Waterworld for VCS. And I'm first owner on it; none of this "found it in a thrift store" or "bought it last month on eBay" shit.[/quote]

For some reason I thought that was never released? Was that part of the four game series (Earthworld etc etc) or am I thinking of something else?

Most of the GBA library...complete. Including Wings, Pinball of the Dead, both Doom's, Buffy, and all 3 army men games of which two are incredible rare.

I have most of the Castlevania US released games, including a sealed Castlevania 2 for the original GB.

I doubt anyone has WildC.A.T.S for the SNES, I have it complete, good game and damn fine comic.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']For some reason I thought that was never released? Was that part of the four game series (Earthworld etc etc) or am I thinking of something else?[/quote]

FireWorld, I beleive, was the one not released. I could be wrong though. I agree with you that it is one of the ----World games. EarthWorld even came with a crappy mini comic book.

Saw that at a pawn shop for a while then when i found out it was a shooter went back to get it and it was gone. $2 for cartridge only... Chiller...

[quote name='youbastards']Affirmative to all 3...

Also, let me add a complete Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters for the GB.

Oh yeah, and a complete copy of the japanese Star Wars NES game that Namco produced that was never released in the US.
Remember that classic scene in the original movie where Luke fights Darth Vader inside the jawa's sandcrawler, only to have Vader transform into a giant scorpion in the middle of the fight???? CLASSIC!!!![/quote]

I almost just spit my morning tea out of my mouth. Thank you... thank you.

So true - video games of the 80's, in particular, took a liiiiitle bit of creative license, here and there.

Not exactly rare, but thought I'd also mention my mint copy of Panic! for Sega CD. Bought it new off ebay few years ago, but never got a Sega CD to play it on.

All you people with old PC games make me very envious!

If anyone has a complete copy of any Commander Keen, show it! I'd love to get my mitts on one of them, except the GBC one of course.

[quote name='pilferk']Own it...and Freddy Farkas, Frontier Pharmacist, mentioned above...and just about every other Sierra Adventure game from Kings Quest 1 up to, jeesh, the last Liesure Suit Larry.

Phantasmagoria was OK....Lots of FMV....I actually preferred 7th guest's mass of minigames though. Now, the Gabriel Knight games....THEY were awesome!

My "hard to find" game would be Magic Candle I and Magic Candle II. They were awesome RPG's, but didn't sell very well.

I won't even get into all the Commodore 64 and TRS-80 Co-Co games...those are just TOO obscure. :)[/quote]

I have always had a tremendous curiousity in regards to Magic Candle series but I've never played any of them. You've inspired me to go read up on it.

I also have the limited edition of Street Fighter 3rd Strike.

• DVD containing replays and bouts between masters of the game (3rd picture)
  • Gamest Mook Vol. 196 - a special reprint of the guide for Street Fighter III from 1999 (4th picture)
  • 300-piece jigsaw puzzle (5th picture)

I've had a few of the games that others have mentioned that they also have, but here are a couple that I can debunk as having.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']My second pick would be The Journeyman Project for PC.[/quote]
First PC game I ever owned, but never beat. Got stuck on one of the puzzles.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I doubt anyone has WildC.A.T.S for the SNES, I have it complete, good game and damn fine comic.[/quote]
Oh yeah, I was a big Wildstorm comic-book geek back in the day and bought this the day it hit retail. I even got it out and played it a few months ago.

I've got several hard-to-find titles, but nothing I doubt anyone else has, so I'll just throw out one of my fav SNES games that I last played, Aerobiz Supersonic.

WrestleCrap'sRD;2558903 said:
Another CFTBL owner on CAG? WOW! What kind of shape is it in? Mine is about an 8.5...:cool:

my dad bought it only a few years after it came out, so we got it in great condition. he's a big pinball fanatic, so he's kept it in perfect working order. we actually had to replace the motor on the creature hologram not too long ago. it's a hell of a lot of fun, even if i'm terrible at it :lol:

bread's done
Back