Throw down the ONE game you own that you doubt *any* other CAG has!

I mentioned Spanky's Quest for SNES a few pages back, and it turns out that a couple CAG's mentioned that before I did. Whoops.

So here's a list of things in my collection that I doubt anyone else has:

-Porsche Challenge (PlayStation)
A few years before EA released Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed, Sony tried their hand at a Porsche-exclusive racer. It's an R6 on Digital Press and the rarest PlayStation game I own. Not a bad racer either.

-The Little Mermaid II: Pinball Frenzy (GBC)
I collect pinball video games, so I had to get this one. Girliest game I own. On the plus side, it's a pretty good pinball sim.

-Joshua & The Battle Of Jericho (Genesis)
The NES version was mentioned a few times, but not the rarer Genesis port. In fact, it's an R7 on Digital Press. I got it for 63 cents at a GameStop when they were clearing out Genesis stuff. I figured "what the hell, it's cheap, and it'd be kinda cool to have a game with my name in the title." It's actually a decent (but difficult) puzzler which I wound up playing two nights in a row for at least two hours both times.

-Street Racing Syndicate (GBA)
This was a budget title that's pretty similar to the console version of the game (sans traffic on the roads, and you unlock photos of the import models instead of dance videos for obvious reasons). For a budget title, I sure don't see it around much - the only places I've seen it were a Best Buy (where I got my copy) and a Bi-Mart.

[quote name='rapsodist']Japanese import of Policenauts for PlayStation (original print, not "The Best" reprint). And my copy is signed by writer/director Hideo Kojima and CG art director Yoji Shinkawa.

I also have an old PC game called Whiplash, a racing game in which you had to drive through loops. It wasn't bad but it's about as far from notable as they come. I'm just mentioning this game because I'm hoping someone else remembers/owns it, too.

I'd also like to find out who else owns these games: Desert Commander (NES), Chicken Run (DC), Treasures of the Deep (PS1), and Soul of the Samurai (PS1).[/QUOTE]

Well, I have Policenauts, but not signed. I also had Whiplash, which I loved for the fact that you could arrange your own tracks. If you had enough PC to run it, it was fantastic fun!

I've also still got Chicken Run for the DC and Treasures of the Deep for the PS1. Treasures is the only game I've ever broken down and purchased a strategy guide for. I loved that game...still do...

OH, and Strell - I' ve got both Sin & Punishment and Radiant Silvergun...AND Bangai-O, in both the convenient DC and harder by far to find N64 Import versions...

Whoooo, CAGs have got some strong collections... Looks like I'm down to just Soul of the Samurai on my rare list. But that's just a bad game anyway.

Well, after reading through 30+ pages, I guess I'll add a few games in my collection.

PC-
Sea Rogue (although someone else mentioned it earlier)

Saturn-
Burning Rangers
Panzer Dragoon Saga

NES-
Side Pocket

Xbox-
Raze's Hell
ToeJam & Earl 3

Intellivision-
Dreadnaught Factor (also have this for the Atari 5200)
Truckin'
Dracula
Swords & Serpents
Safecracker
Microsurgeon

But, for my entry in the contest, I'll go with:

Space Shuttle for the Atari 5200

Is the Tengen version of Tetris for the NES still rare (I don't have it but this thread reminded me of it)? I remember back in the day that game would sell for several hundred dollars...

Some of my obscure games that come to mind are:
Beggar Prince (gen)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance LE (PS2) w/ preorder DVD (sealed)
Pro Fishing Challenge (Xbox)
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (PS2) (sealed)- first shipment with label on the top
Firefighter FD 18 (PS2)
Shenmue Limited Edition (DC)
Madara (Famicom)

But the one I will go with is:
Dungeon & Dragons collection (Saturn- import) w/ 4 MB cart...all cherry/new

[quote name='captainfrizo']F355 Challenge Passione Rossa for the Dreamcast.[/quote]

[quote name='ctice44']Shenmue Limited Edition (DC)[/quote]

I have both of these. :D

[quote name='Tecumseh!']Well, after reading through 30+ pages, I guess I'll add a few games in my collection.Intellivision-
Dreadnaught Factor (also have this for the Atari 5200)[/QUOTE]

I have never understood why this game has never, to my knowledge, been on any classic Activision collection. I remember it was a pretty cool little game.

RD

WrestleCrap'sRD;2677254 said:
I have never understood why this game has never, to my knowledge, been on any classic Activision collection. I remember it was a pretty cool little game.

RD

I think you're right. I don't believe it has ever been on an anthology. I also agree about how much fun it was. It really gave me a sort of star wars feeling, when cruising your ship over the huge ships, firing at gun positions, etc.. I still hook up one or the other systems and play this fairly frequently...

Baseball for Gameboy imported from Japan before Gameboy came to U.S. Had Mario Land also, but I think my neighbors from when I was 12 have it.

Go Bears!

Also have original Japanese Gameboy before they were released in U.S.

Not sure if my Load Runner is Japanese import, can't remember.

[quote name='kube00']Anyone remember the Lucasarts game "Outlaws", I have the game and the expansion pack. Still lots of fun[/quote]

Yeah that was a good one. I remember the very last part took 5 minutes to load, it was a 12 second ending but it was in glorious 3D and I was blown away :lol:

anyone have the Pal version of shemnu 2 on dreamcast? or shadows of destiney? ,shadow of madness, legend of legia?

[quote name='xeno']anyone have the Pal version of shemnu 2 on dreamcast? or shadows of destiney? ,shadow of madness, legend of legia?[/quote]

I have all of those except for shadow of madness.;)

[quote name='kube00']Anyone remember the Lucasarts game "Outlaws", I have the game and the expansion pack. Still lots of fun[/QUOTE]

Was that an FPS using the engine from Dark Forces (or whatever the first Jedi Knight game was called)? I remember playing the demo. Looked really good.

[quote name='b3b0p']Baseball for Gameboy...[/QUOTE]

I've got Baseball. Last baseball game I've ever bought.

[quote name='Dijital']Command & Conquer Sole Survivor.[/QUOTE]

Man, I remember playing the beta for that way back when.

[quote name='xeno']anyone have the Pal version of shemnu 2 on dreamcast? or shadows of destiney? ,shadow of madness, legend of legia?[/quote]

Do you mean Shadow Madness for the PS One? If so, I have that.

[quote name='Wolve11']I would have to go with Phantasmagoria for PC. It was a scary adventure game, and it is still awesome.[/quote]I have that!

[quote name='Moses144']I'd say Panzer Dragoon Saga because it goes for so much (or does it?), but I'm sure a few others have it. Because of that, I'll say the Xenogears Perfect Works, on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Xenogears-Perfect-Works-Artbook-Squaresoft-Square-Enix_W0QQitemZ250069694165QQihZ015QQcategoryZ268QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not the seller or the buyer, that's just what it looks like and a description. I got it right before it started going for a lot on ebay.[/quote]I have that!

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']I've got the Dig. I've played through it several times, I really liked that game.

TBW[/quote]I have that!

[quote name='Detective Thorn']A couple of random games that I own:

Utopia (Intellivision)
[/quote]I love that game! A friend of mine had it. It's all about the boat chasing the schools of fish.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']
Iron Tank for NES

box_110081.jpg

[/quote]i had that! i don't know what's become of it though :/

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']not so much a game, but i still have dr. sbaitso. a speaking DOS program that was a psychiatric flaunting of technology.

sbaitsorm9.jpg
[/quote]I have that! It comes with soundblaster 16. If you cuss at it enough it will pretend to "crash" lol.

Well I was going to try to get through this thread and check before I posted mine, but apparently that is quite impossible.

My wonderful contribution is:

The very original SimCity. It came with a mail-away offer for the 3.5" version of the game and boasted EGA graphics.

[quote name='Proprius']Magination for the GBC. I don't even remember how I got it.[/QUOTE]
I have it. I reviewed it for Game Informer back in the day, giving it an 8-something. Picked up a copy used, cart-only at GameRush a year or two ago.

[quote name='banpeikun']Well I was going to try to get through this thread and check before I posted mine, but apparently that is quite impossible.

My wonderful contribution is:

The very original SimCity. It came with a mail-away offer for the 3.5" version of the game and boasted EGA graphics.[/quote]

I have the game.

Anyone here have the game "EGG: Elemental Gimmick Gear" for Dreamcast?!

I actually had the Xenosaga Prefect Work in hand and was about to pay for it, but changed my mind because i cant read Japanese. A very dumb move on my part.

[quote name='LXL_Guy']I have the game.

Anyone here have the game "EGG: Elemental Gimmick Gear" for Dreamcast?![/QUOTE]

yup...i have EGG

I have/had Shantae. Didn't like it though.

I have Panzer Dragoon Saga, for the person who listed that. One of the most fun and original RPGs ever IMO. I'd LOVE a good sequel or even remake on the PS3. It was amazing looking on the Saturn, but really deserves astounding graphics and more people playing it.

(Speaking of which, what ever happened to the Dragon Force PS2 remake?)

Someone else probably has this, but my best bet is one of the 400 Miyamoto signed gold Zelda gameboys from the Nintendo World store opening.

Also a very rare Xenogears poster by Movic.

I seriously doubt I have *a* game that noone else has, but I have Square's entire Millenium Collection sealed.

Bah I know I cheated, I guess I'll throw out Devilish: Ball Bounder for DS (Import) :p

It is a port with some new stuff. Already out in Japan, but very unlikely to get a US release.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I have/had Shantae. Didn't like it though.

I have Panzer Dragoon Saga, for the person who listed that. One of the most fun and original RPGs ever IMO. I'd LOVE a good sequel or even remake on the PS3. It was amazing looking on the Saturn, but really deserves astounding graphics and more people playing it.

(Speaking of which, what ever happened to the Dragon Force PS2 remake?)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Scrubsy']I found beast wars for the PC yesterday. Boy does that suck, and I bet no one here has it.[/quote]

I had the game at one point for playstation.

[quote name='62t']It is a port with some new stuff. Already out in Japan, but very unlikely to get a US release.[/QUOTE]

Darn :whistle2:(

Maybe if Working Designs was still around (and Sony could quit screwing them over).

I *LOVE* that game. That's probably the game I most regret selling.

bread's done
Back