Tiger Woods 12: The Masters $45 @ Amazon

[quote name='mcdaking84']the wii has the best version and only $37. great buy[/QUOTE]

can you elaborate as to why it is the best version? I have all 3 consoles as well ...

"On Xbox 360 and PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 features 16 courses on the disc, and 20 available as DLC. The game finally incorporates DLC courses into the career mode, though in an awkward way. As you play the career, you'll try to enter a tournament attached to a DLC course. The game will stop you and inform you to go purchase the course from the store, or skip the event. Having a good chunk of my career mode blocked off sucks, and comes off as crass. By comparison, the Wii version of the game, which features no DLC, comes with 25 courses. If course amount is a deciding factor in your purchase, the cheaper Wii version has nine more courses than its HD counterparts."

[quote name='mcdaking84']"On Xbox 360 and PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 features 16 courses on the disc, and 20 available as DLC. The game finally incorporates DLC courses into the career mode, though in an awkward way. As you play the career, you'll try to enter a tournament attached to a DLC course. The game will stop you and inform you to go purchase the course from the store, or skip the event. Having a good chunk of my career mode blocked off sucks, and comes off as crass. By comparison, the Wii version of the game, which features no DLC, comes with 25 courses. If course amount is a deciding factor in your purchase, the cheaper Wii version has nine more courses than its HD counterparts."[/QUOTE]

Wow, they can shove that crap, now I'm not sure I'd even buy this for $20.

EDIT - I really hope this game tanks now, it deserves to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget to pick up your $240 worth of DLC while you're at it. Yes, that's right. If you purchase every scrap of downloadable content for this it will cost you nearly the price of a new 3DS.

[quote name='mcdaking84']"On Xbox 360 and PS3 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 features 16 courses on the disc, and 20 available as DLC. The game finally incorporates DLC courses into the career mode, though in an awkward way. As you play the career, you'll try to enter a tournament attached to a DLC course. The game will stop you and inform you to go purchase the course from the store, or skip the event. Having a good chunk of my career mode blocked off sucks, and comes off as crass. By comparison, the Wii version of the game, which features no DLC, comes with 25 courses. If course amount is a deciding factor in your purchase, the cheaper Wii version has nine more courses than its HD counterparts."[/QUOTE]

Hmmm unless i'm missing something the front cover says 14 courses for both the 360 and PS3 standard versions.

51bNVBvhJ-L._AA300_.jpg

They are actually selling courses that are already in the Wii version as DLC on the Xbox/PS3 versions?? lol if so that's nuts.

This certainly dropped fast since coming out.. yesterday. Though there was a $25 credit with pre-orders, so depending on how you look at it that was actually a better deal.

[quote name='Uracat']Don't forget to pick up your $240 worth of DLC while you're at it. Yes, that's right. If you purchase every scrap of downloadable content for this it will cost you nearly the price of a new 3DS.[/QUOTE]

What? I thought the full course pack was 4000 points. Which is $50.

[quote name='biledriver']What? I thought the full course pack was 4000 points. Which is $50.[/QUOTE]

you have to be kidding...

[quote name='mcdaking84']you have to be kidding...[/QUOTE]

Nope. Thing is that's for almost as many course as are included in the game. Still pretty crappy though. Would like to see them just make it a two disc game.

But apparently they sell the course DLC so you can't blame them for selling if people are buying.

[quote name='benjamouth']Wow, they can shove that crap, now I'm not sure I'd even buy this for $20.

EDIT - I really hope this game tanks now, it deserves to.[/QUOTE]

They can shove it for finally doing what fans have been asking for years?
All we've wanted is to be able to buy courses and have them be part of the career and they finally listened.

If you want all the content it's 2800 points, that's for all the courses.

Of course if you don't want all the courses you can play the game as is but then I have to question what kind of golf fan you are

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They can shove it for finally doing what fans have been asking for years?
All we've wanted is to be able to buy courses and have them be part of the career and they finally listened.

Of course if you don't want all the courses you can play the game as is but then I have to question what kind of golf fan you are[/QUOTE]

I think the main problem here is having more DLC courses than what's on the disc at launch. I mean I could see if they included like 20-25 courses and added in a course here or there every month but it's kind of absurd to have more courses as paid DLC than what's on the retail disk.

Also the fact that it's not a simple import your courses into the career mode it's oh buy this course or skip the whole event entirely.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']They can shove it for finally doing what fans have been asking for years?
[/QUOTE]

If people have been asking for EA to split a game up and sell it to them piecemeal then those people are morons who deserve naught but my scorn.

The fact that they'll give you all the courses on the Wii version but make you buy them on the 360/PS3 versions is crass at best. Also the fact that they show up in your career mode and according to one review I've read that your rank suffers for not playing them really is taking the piss.

Hey if you've got more money than sense and want to pay for this kind of thing then good luck to you, what bothers me is that for every idiot that does it makes EA think they can get with it a bit more the next time.

Of course if you don't want all the courses you can play the game as is but then I have to question what kind of golf fan you are[/QUOTE]

Fans wanted to be penalized for not buying the DLC? Really? Wow.......

Someone at Gamespot stated that if you play through all the courses and get first place in them you will be ranked 101. Think about that, and how intentional it was by EA. You need to be in the top 100 to make the cut for the masters. Plus if you happen to skip any DLC tournament that's incorporated in career mode, you go down even further.. Yeah that's just what fans have been wanting!

Read:
http://www.videogametalk.com/reviews/1213/tiger-woods-pga-tour-12-the-masters/
:There’s one more key component involved before you can try your hand at securing a Green jacket. EA has added the in-game global ranking and to get to the Major tournaments you need to rank in the top 100. Do well in a tour event and you’ll shoot up the rankings. It’s not required to play every event, but skipping an event does come at a cost: a slight decrease down the ladder. This is particularly important in regards to the one aspect of Tiger Woods 12 I despise: EA’s upfront inclusion of DLC. In the main career mode there are a number of tournaments utilizing the games built in 16 courses.

However, EA has 20 DLC courses planned for sale and they’ve chosen to add around 5 in-game tournaments that take place on these courses. I initially thought it was a nice bonus for those who spend the extra money to have earlier shots at moving up the rankings by playing these optional tournaments. However, EA has also decided to penalize gamers who don’t purchase the DLC tourneys by forcing users to skip them as they would a standard in game event. The drop in ranking applies to these events, even if you haven’t bought them. Frankly, I think it’s a gutless move by EA who are already charging gamers $60 for a game and then more or less telling them they need to shell out more if they want full functionality of their game, and it’s an issue that makes me much more hesitant to whole heartedly endorse what is otherwise a fantastic game.

The biggest issue I have with the game comes back to EA’s underhanded marketing. The 16 real-life courses in the game are tremendous fun and show the variety of the golfing world, but the 20 courses slated for DLC show EA is cheating paying customers, especially when one looks back to the original Xbox version of “Tiger Woods 07” where courses on that disc were removed from the 360 version and appeared as DLC. The slight penalty in career mode for not purchasing these DLC courses is truly unconscionable and I hope this is the last time EA tries this. I wouldn’t hesitate to give this game the highest rating possible, if it weren’t for this terrible marketing strategy, because that aside, it’s a fantastic game and one of the best sports titles I’ve played. Don’t hesitate to pick it up if you love golf, just understand the few drawbacks. Highly Recommended.

I have bought and played every Tiger since 06 and I have never asked for that shite. And who the fuck are you to question what kind of fan I or anyone else is tough guy just because they don't want to pay extra for something that should have been in the original game in the first place?

[quote name='ucantcme69']I was able to get amazon to give me the game for $45 and let me keep my $25 game credit.[/QUOTE]

Do tell? Did you just complain that the price went down so fast?

If I ever get the game, it'll be the CE for the PS3 when it drops to around $30 or less. The CE has 21 courses on the disc, and move compatibility that I hear is as good as the Wii's motion controls this year (IGN said the move incorporation was a bit better, but gave the Wii the edge overall for the addition of the balance board and some mini games)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Fans wanted to be penalized for not buying the DLC? Really? Wow.......

Someone at Gamespot stated that if you play through all the courses and get first place in them you will be ranked 101. Think about that, and how intentional it was by EA. You need to be in the top 100 to make the cut for the masters. Plus if you happen to skip any DLC tournament that's incorporated in career mode, you go down even further.. Yeah that's just what fans have been wanting!

Read:
http://www.videogametalk.com/reviews/1213/tiger-woods-pga-tour-12-the-masters/[/QUOTE]
What's left out of that is for the people who want fantasy golf they just have to complete the Masters Challenges to offset not buying any of the DLC.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']What's left out of that is for the people who want fantasy golf they just have to complete the Masters Challenges to offset not buying any of the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that same user I mentioned who ranked 101st after placing 1st in every tournament said he had to spend an additional 3 hours doing those challenges. So it's not impossible to get to the masters without buying the DLC, but it's clearly set up in a way to try and penalize you for not owning those courses, which is pretty sad, but also not surprising coming from EA.

Well I preordered and got the $25 credit...my game STILL hasn't shipped so I'm calling ASAP after work and getting them to knock my price down to $45 and still include the credit. Pre order price guarantee should still apply since my game hasn't even left to come my way yet.

Guy that got this to work for you -- any tips?

[quote name='zeddic']Do tell? Did you just complain that the price went down so fast?[/QUOTE]

I just got $15 more in credit by talking to CS, thanks a lot for the heads-up!!! I essentially got the ps3 version for $19.99 before tax.

here's my chat transcript:
--------------------
You are now connected to Sutapa from Amazon.com.
Me:immediate price drop after 1 day
Sutapa:Hello, my name is Sutapa. I'll be happy to help you today.
Me:hi
Sutapa:Can I take the order number?
Me:XXX-xxxxxx-xxxxxxx
I paid $59.95 on 3/28 for a preorder item that dropped down to $44.99 just one day after it was available
Sutapa:In that case XXXXXXX since the price has dropped after your order we can credit your account with $15 promotional credit . Will that be fine?
Me:yes
that would be great
Sutapa:Thank you.
Please give me a moment while I will do it for you.
Me:sure, thanks
Sutapa:The credit has been given to your account.
Me:excellent, Thank you very much
Sutapa:Its my pleasure.Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me:no that's all I wanted
Sutapa:Great.
Thanks for visiting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
--------------

This is why I try to shop amazon as much as I can!

Just do the online chat thingy. All I said was "My order hasn't shipped yet, and the price has dropped, will I still be charged the higher price" and they said I will get a $14.96 refund when the game ships

edit: zeddic beat me to it!

wow, this is an absolute new low for the franchise and EA. I love t woods, and have for years. I didn't know the absurd extent of DLC until reading this thread, so thanks for the info. There is absolutely no way I could ever buy a game that's content has been cut in half by DLC right out of the gate.

[quote name='AirMcLaren']Well I preordered and got the $25 credit...my game STILL hasn't shipped so I'm calling ASAP after work and getting them to knock my price down to $45 and still include the credit. Pre order price guarantee should still apply since my game hasn't even left to come my way yet.

Guy that got this to work for you -- any tips?[/QUOTE]

Hey, Got your PM. This is the second time in a month this has happened to me. I was actually painless. I used their contact us system to send them a email and they responded back they would refund me the difference which was almost $15. Id recommend sending them a email and just say that you seen the game dropped in price already and you havent received yours yet and hope for the best :)

Just did the online chat customer service thing. Basically did the same process as the above posts and got them to refund me the difference, plus keep the pre order credit.

Edit: Actually, the pre order credit was never addressed. I'm assuming it still stays in effect, as the CS rep never mentioned any changes to that. I wanted to bring it up and ask to make sure this change would not affect the pre order credit but I thought it best just to get out while I could. If they take the pre order credit away I guess I can argue that later.

The DLC is excessive and the fact it is included in the campaign seems like a huge misstep, but I think we are looking at this in the wrong light. You can't assume that the DLC courses would be on the disc, I view this like Rock Band and in that case what is on the disc is only a tiny fraction of what is available through DLC. I have probably played Bad Company 2 Vietnam more than the on-disc maps, that doesn't lower the value of the Bad Company 2 disc.

Back on topic the chat seemed to work; hope they don't void out the $25 credit, because that was technically a better deal for me as I roll credit from pre-order to pre-order.

I do the preorder credit chain too. That's why I didn't bring it up to the CS rep though because if they take the promo away in exchange for the price drop I can always argue later that that was never explained to me when changing my order. Plead ignorance...even though I know better lol.

Also this got me thinking, in the long run, I just got PAID to purchase TW12.

Here's how:

Originally:
$59.95 - 30 credit I had previously = $29.95 for game + 25 pre order credit

Now
$5 amazon credit because of the delay of some DLC putter I didn't even know I was supposed to get (amazon emailed me about this this morning).

$45 (price drop) - 30 previous credit = $15 for TW12

$-15 (paid) + $5 DLC putter delay promo + $25 preorder credit

= positive $15

I know the promo credits are for future purchases but if you think about the big picture of things, I was just PAID $15 to basically take TW12 from amazon. CAG FTW.

Ps I know that it doesn't exactly work the way I'm saying but please no one rain on my parade, I'm really proud of myself right now lol.

The DLC is excessive and the fact it is included in the campaign seems like a huge misstep, but I think we are looking at this in the wrong light. You can't assume that the DLC courses would be on the disc, I view this like Rock Band and in that case what is on the disc is only a tiny fraction of what is available through DLC. I have probably played Bad Company 2 Vietnam more than the on-disc maps, that doesn't lower the value of the Bad Company 2 disc.

Then why charge full retail out the gate? A lot of these courses have been available to play on previous versions of the game. How much change is there to each one? I call BS

They told me I will automatically get the refund because the price dropped within 48 hours of it shipping. I don't buy it, but we shall see.

Very fair comment and I think they should take a page out of the Rock Band book and allow for DLC courses to transfer year over year. Even the fantasy course are just a rehash of courses from early 2000's.

Problem--just got a email from amazon saying my order had shipped and the total charge was still $59.95.....

Edit: talked to a CS rep over the phone. He told me that I was still going to be charged $59.95 for now and get refunded the price drop difference in about two days. Glad I did the text chat while at work instead of waiting til after! Literally a half hour after I got done with the text chat I got an email from amazon saying my order had shipped, which would totally have killed my point of argument for receiving the price drop refund.

[quote name='prayformojo']Email did not work, they told me to f-off.[/QUOTE]

what did they say? amazon prices change all the time, we are sorry yada yada yada?

i never played tiger woods or any other golf game before.
is this anything like Lee Carvello's Putting Challenge that Bart Simpson got from his mom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac9Z6CN14Gs

[quote name='caltab']wow, this is an absolute new low for the franchise and EA. I love t woods, and have for years. I didn't know the absurd extent of DLC until reading this thread, so thanks for the info. There is absolutely no way I could ever buy a game that's content has been cut in half by DLC right out of the gate.[/QUOTE]
WTF? Cut in half?

The fans have been asking for years for the DLC courses to be part of the career so the team had to bust their collective asses to get the game done PLUS all the extra courses that are normally on sale for months after the game launches.

This was a demonstration of a dev going above and beyond for it's fans, now people who aren't that interested in golf and this series can bypass the DLC courses by doing the Masters challenge. This move wasn't for the casual fan, it was for the golf die hards that watch the sport and play the games. Casuals can still do the Masters Challenge and get to the same point in the game doing it fantasy style.

[quote name='mgford11']Love amazon! Got a refund for the difference; $15 after it all shakes out for a copy of Tiger![/QUOTE]

I don't. The CS I chatted with told me he/she wouldn't do it and after I pressed about why I was charged more than the actual price when it shipped even though the policy goes to the end of the shipping day, they said they'd "Make an exception" which pissed me off but I politely asked why it didn't happen automatically.

They mentioned the $25 promo, which is fine but the price dropped way earlier today and my order only shipped 535pm EST. It's truly frustrating when you have to explain a company's policies to a company employee. That's not how it should be and disappointing more so since Amazon usually has good customer service.

[quote name='prateeko']They mentioned the $25 promo.[/QUOTE]

In what context? That you weren't getting it anymore because you were awarded the price drop?

I got them to lower my price to $44.99 as well, still getting the $25 credit. A little tip to make things easier...I have started using a reloadable debit card on Amazon, that way when they try to charge, I have nothing on my card. They give you 3 days to make the payment. If the price drops in that timeframe, it is MUCH easier (in my experience) of getting things like this done. You won't get it on release day obviously, but you will pay less. This method worked with TW12, KZ3, Bulletstorm, etc., probably 6-7 times in the past 2 months (and every time, it has been no questions asked, I just say it hasn't even shipped yet and have had NO trouble)

[quote name='prateeko']I don't. The CS I chatted with told me he/she wouldn't do it and after I pressed about why I was charged more than the actual price when it shipped even though the policy goes to the end of the shipping day, they said they'd "Make an exception" which pissed me off but I politely asked why it didn't happen automatically.

They mentioned the $25 promo, which is fine but the price dropped way earlier today and my order only shipped 535pm EST. It's truly frustrating when you have to explain a company's policies to a company employee. That's not how it should be and disappointing more so since Amazon usually has good customer service.[/QUOTE]

My frustration is the inconsistency. How can one employee give someone credit and another nothing? I been to a call center before and Its not difficult task to relay information. They should give everyone the credit who asks, or stop giving it out in general.

[quote name='AirMcLaren']In what context? That you weren't getting it anymore because you were awarded the price drop?[/QUOTE]

She mentioned that I had ordered it when there was a $25 promo, but looking back I think it might have been misinformation and her thinking I had ALREADY received the promo, which is obviously not the case.

I sincerely hope the promo comes automatically because I do not feel like having to explain the promo AND why I have a $15 refund, especially when all of these things should have happened automatically.

And maybe they will, but I was burned before and know it's just easier to deal with it day of versus trying to get money back 3+ days down the road.

[quote name='finstersucks']My frustration is the inconsistency. How can one employee give someone credit and another nothing? I been to a call center before and Its not difficult task to relay information. They should give everyone the credit who asks, or stop giving it out in general.[/QUOTE]

The problem with that is I have a feeling if they were all on the same page, NONE of us would get the credit...instead of a lucky few. You win some, you lose some. Better than losing them all. Technically, none of us are supposed to get the price drop in addition to the pre order credit. I checked the price drop guarantee and you get the lowest price up until RELEASE DATE, it has nothing to do with whether your product had shipped or not.

Not trying to making you feel bad or anything big guy, I've been in your spot before and totally understand where you're coming from. But if they actually had the whole CS team sit down and have a meeting about this then they would probably come to the conclusion that according to their policies, no one would be able to get the pre order credit + price drop.

[quote name='prateeko']She mentioned that I had ordered it when there was a $25 promo, but looking back I think it might have been misinformation and her thinking I had ALREADY received the promo, which is obviously not the case.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully she didn't misunderstand you because she should know that we do not receive those promo credits until 1-2 days after the game ships. And if you're in the same boat as me your game didn't ship until an hour ago which means we won't get the pre order credit applied until the weekend.

bread's done
Back