Tiger Woods 12: The Masters $45 @ Amazon

I hear for TW 2013 you'll have to pay for golf balls via DLC if you actually want to play the courses, it's what the REAL fans have been asking for !! :nottalking:

[quote name='ssjmichael']You're quite the EA apologist. You also come off as a condescending douchebag and a total jackass in case you weren't aware :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
FFS finally someone says it. I mean seriously I thought this was CAG where ppl don't justify paying MORE for a game but actually LESS. We are here for deals not rape.

[quote name='benjamouth']I hear for TW 2013 you'll have to pay for golf balls via DLC if you actually want to play the courses, it's what the REAL fans have been asking for !! :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the tees too.

I have no problem with the DLC being included in the main game, infact I think it's kind of cool (gets you a bit more value with your DLC). The problem I have is that EA is abusing the purpose behind DLC!

DLC is supposed to be add-on content that a developer creates after the game has gone gold and can no longer be added onto the disc-based version of the game. If at the time new DLC comes out the game is patched to include it into the season I say go for it.

The problem here is that we are supposed to believe that having 20 courses available for DLC on day one is a value? If these courses were rolled out over time maybe, but since the same courses are included on the Wii version we know that these courses were simply held from the disc even though they were ready.

I might be sympathetic (althought probably not) if it was at an "apology" price (say $5?) for the lack of inclusion on the disc. But it isn't. It is a blatant ripoff, and I don't understand why anyone would support this endeavor.

fuck you EA.

Yeah, the fact that the DLC is available at launch is a pretty clear indication that they could have included it in the game and chose not to. There's no real reason to do that other than to separate people from more of their money. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone though considering that it's EA. This game has always been a pretty massive cash grab when it comes to DLC.

Obviously everyone realizes that they should put ALL of the courses on the disc and be done with it, but that assumes EA cares even the slightest bit about their customers beyond the wallet area, which of course they don't. We should be used to that by now, shouldn't we?

[quote name='ShockandAww']They are actually selling courses that are already in the Wii version as DLC on the Xbox/PS3 versions?? lol if so that's nuts.[/QUOTE]

It's been this way for TW 10 and 11 both. And those two years the Wii has has the Motion+ control, which is just fantastic.

And the Wii version uses EA account stuff for online play, not stupid friend codes. So there's really been no reason to buy anything but the Wii version for 2 years, and now it sounds like the same this year.

$10 cheaper to start, all the courses, better controls, same online experience, and bonus disc golf mode. Only con is slightly worse graphics.

[quote name='Nyxaz']It's been this way for TW 10 and 11 both. And those two years the Wii has has the Motion+ control, which is just fantastic.

And the Wii version uses EA account stuff for online play, not stupid friend codes. So there's really been no reason to buy anything but the Wii version for 2 years, and now it sounds like the same this year.

$10 cheaper to start, all the courses, better controls, same online experience, and bonus disc golf mode. Only con is slightly worse graphics.[/QUOTE]

Slightly worse graphics? Which HD TV are you playing on? It looks like total ass. I'm skipping it again until EA decides to give us a full game for our money, then has DLC if you want not requiring it.

Someone at Gamespot stated that if you play through all the courses and get first place in them you will be ranked 101. Think about that, and how intentional it was by EA. You need to be in the top 100 to make the cut for the masters.

Has anyone actually confirmed this? I've read about people winning their first few events and qualifying for the Masters.

Has anyone downloaded any of the DLC courses for TW12 yet? I'm curious if this is another one of those DLC locked on disc releases.

[quote name='tightclaws']I'm skipping it again until EA decides to give us a full game for our money, then has DLC if you want not requiring it.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I'll be waving hello from Augusta.

[quote name='FrankieFiero']Has anyone downloaded any of the DLC courses for TW12 yet? I'm curious if this is another one of those DLC locked on disc releases.[/QUOTE]

It shows as a 2GB download, so probably not on disc... even though it should've been

[quote name='Jaysonguy']If you bothered to read what I said the people who refuse to buy any DLC but still want to play fantasy world golf can get to the Masters as long as they complete all the Masters Challenges.

So yeah, there's that[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sorry, I guess my notice indicating you were important enough to hang on your every word and musing was lost in the mail.

TLDR? fuck off.

I might have missed it, but did this thread title or OP mention anything about ranting and raving about DLC? Perhaps you could start another thread somewhere else to voice your displeasure with EA's business policies and practices. Otherwise, you're cluttering the thread with non-essential opinions.

[quote name='xTraPointLess']I might have missed it, but did this thread title or OP mention anything about ranting and raving about DLC? Perhaps you could start another thread somewhere else to voice your displeasure with EA's business policies and practices. Otherwise, you're cluttering the thread with non-essential opinions.[/QUOTE]

The fact that the game requires you to buy DLC to complete a full season without having to skip events and drop in ranking is not off topic. It is an important piece of info someone should consider before paying 45 bucks for a game. I didn't know this was the case until reading this thread.

If discussing whether or not a game is worth 45 bucks isn't on topic, wtf is? Posts saying "in for one", or "pass" ??? If you feel like opinions on the value of a game is clutter, all you need to do is read the OP, it has all the info you want.

[quote name='caltab']The fact that the game requires you to buy DLC to complete a full season without having to skip events and drop in ranking is not off topic. It is an important piece of info someone should consider before paying 45 bucks for a game. I didn't know this was the case until reading this thread.

If discussing whether or not a game is worth 45 bucks isn't on topic, wtf is? Posts saying "in for one", or "pass" ??? If you feel like opinions on the value of a game is clutter, all you need to do is read the OP, it has all the info you want.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

On that note, I'll wait until it is a $5 Kmart blue light special so I feel that I can download the complete game.

Has anyone checked the DLC at the store yet? My copy of the game comes today, and I figured I would look into gamesharing those DLC courses (I know it's supporting EA's horrible rip off system, but at least I'm trying to share). I was looking through the store and first off, holy mix up of course DLC and BS pro shop accessory DLC. I can't even tell how many courses there are total and what the total cost would be (probably could eventually but the fact that it's not organized makes it really hard for me to put forth the effort to pick them all out and do the math). However, one important thing I wanted to point out was that at the bottom of SOME of the DLC is gives the whole "one time fee for five systems" disclaimer, but on some (ex: the Eagle bundle) that disclaimer is missing. Does that mean that gamesharing is not allowed for those DLC's in which the disclaimer is missing? If so, that only exponentiates (hopefully that's a word) my anger and frustration with EA and the way they are treating their consumers.

Also, I realize that this technically isn't directly related to the $45 amazon deal, but this thread seemed like the most logical place to post this. So, don't be a douche bag and call me out on it. Please and thanks.

bread's done
Back