Timbaland steals music from Finnish demoscener.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Very interesting indeed. Although it isn't too surprising considering how much hip-hop is based off of samples.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Didn't Busta Rhymes steal from a children's song once?

[quote name='6669']Agreed. Didn't Busta Rhymes steal from a children's song once?[/quote]

I don't remember about him, but Jay-Z sampled from the musical Annie for his single "Hard Knock Life".

Nothing is really original anymore so I'm not surprised.

Also, when sampling is done right and well, it can make the original work sound better.

[quote name='mtxbass1']And this is news how? This has been going on for years in music.[/QUOTE]It's illegal to do it without clearing samples, though.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I don't remember about him, but Jay-Z sampled from the musical Annie for his single "Hard Knock Life".[/QUOTE]
Oh God, I remember that crap.
Busta stole the lyrics/music for that song "Dangerous", or something like that. The best sampling in a rap song (IMO) would be that one Eminem song.

"There's goes: Ding Ding Ding Da-Da Ding, Ding Ding Ding Ding Da-Da Ding Ding
Ours Goes: Ding Ding Ding Da-Da Ding Ding Da Ding Ding Ding Da-Da Ding Ding
That little bitty Ding,
It's not the same."

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']"There's goes: Ding Ding Ding Da-Da Ding, Ding Ding Ding Ding Da-Da Ding Ding
That little bitty Ding,
It's not the same."[/quote]

:applause:

I was thinking the same thing. Classic.

Timbaland sucks.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']"There's goes: Ding Ding Ding Da-Da Ding, Ding Ding Ding Ding Da-Da Ding Ding
That little bitty Ding,

I was thinking that too.

That little bitty Ding,

I saw that clip and fell out my chair.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Nothing is really original anymore so I'm not surprised.

Also, when sampling is done right and well, it can make the original work sound better.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

That little bitty Ding,
It's not the same."[/QUOTE]

CLASSIC!:D

[quote name='6669']Oh God, I remember that crap.
Busta stole the lyrics/music for that song "Dangerous", or something like that. The best sampling in a rap song (IMO) would be that one Eminem song.[/QUOTE]
It was a childrens infomercial thing. Like, don't drink what's under the sink or some shit.

[quote name='zewone']It was a childrens infomercial thing. Like, don't drink what's under the sink or some shit.[/quote]
I'm so old I remember the commercial. Busta admits that's where he got it from, it had green puppets pills singin':
This is serious.
We could make you delirious.
You should have a healthy fear of us.
'Cause too much of us is dangerous.

I remember once he admited he got it from the anti drug PSA, but this article claims different.

bread's done
Back