Time Crisis: Razing Storm!!! Now available! THE OFFICIAL TOPIC

Chuplayer

CAGiversary!
Am I the only one absolutely psyched for this game coming to the PS3? Considering nobody could be so stupid that they wouldn't include Guncon 3 support, and assuming they allow you to turn the stupid crosshairs off and let you calibrate the gun and let you shoot like a real man, this is going to be the greatest thing since sliced bread! And we get an alternate version of Time Crisis 4 and some ghost pirate shooting game for free! Three games for the price of one! fuck yeah!

MOTHERfuckING YEAH, BITCHES!!!

Best E3 ever.

Remember, this game is for real old school light gun fans. None of that kiddy Wii "we've got to put crosshairs on the screen and use a nunchuk" bullshit. We didn't need crosshairs back in the days of Duck Hunt, and we sure as hell don't need them now. When you're holding a clicky plastic gun in your hands, you just have to look down your sights and aim with nothiing other than your own skill.

Official Sony link with mention of Guncon 3 support: http://us.playstation.com/games-and-media/games/time-crisis-razing-storm-ps3.html
IGN link with 720p screenshots: http://ps3.ign.com/objects/077/077831.html
IGN link with Guncon 3 support for Razing Storm itself: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098804p1.html
Gameplay video and discussion courtesy of dallow: http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6266331/?hd=1&tag=live-schedule

Official arcade version trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSkFAm1pSIA

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed the TC game for PS3 a while back for $18 or something from Hastings. Played it once, and was not a fan.

I'll grab the game when it's cheap, if the reviews are good (since I already have the gun).

[quote name='panzerfaust']Wait, is this a Move game or is their a gun? I still have yet to play a rail shooter as good as Time Crisis.[/QUOTE]

The official Playstation link mentions Guncon 3 support for the two bonus games, so nobody could be so stupid that they'd leave it out of the Razing Storm main feature. I'm also hoping that they put in LAN support for two PS3s, two Guncon 3s, two TVs, and two copies of the game for the Time Crisis 4 "arcade version" bonus. That was sorely lacking from the original port.

I hope this game doesn't use that awful Guncon 3 control scheme. They added a freaking dpad movement on rail shooter, which is pretty pointless for rail shooter. When you add movement on rail shooter it becomes more of first person shooter.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Wait, is this a Move game or is their a gun? I still have yet to play a rail shooter as good as Time Crisis.[/QUOTE]

There are some plenty good rail shooters like Virtua Cop, Point Blank, Ghost Squad and Die Hard Trilogy. You also have modern ones with rpg elements like The House of the Dead: Overkill or Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

[quote name='fatbeer']They added a freaking dpad movement on rail shooter, which is pretty pointless for rail shooter. When you add movement on rail shooter it becomes more of first person shooter.[/QUOTE]

Did you even play Time Crisis 4? The arcade port main game didn't need a d-pad. To switch screens, you waved the Guncon 3 off screen. Granted, you could also switch screens by moving the analog stick (which I found to work a lot better), but it's hardly what I'd call adding d-pad movement to a rail shooter.

If I said "I hope they include Guncon 2 support" would you have changed your tune?

The FPS mode, on the other hand, was more of an experiment. It wasn't super fantastically great, but it offered something unique to the FPS genre. You didn't just move your crosshairs which were always dead set in the middle of the screen. You got to move around and move your field of view and shoot anything within it with your light gun. You could even turn off the horrid crosshairs and play it the right way. The AI wasn't amazing, and your movement was quite slow, but it delivered something new that wasn't just some gimmick. Personally, I was hoping that more PS3 FPSes would use the Guncon 3. Imagine playing any other better FPS game with it like Half Life 2 or Bioshock. It would be awesome!

I glad somebody made this topic, I was going to if not!

This collection sounds awesome, and glad that 3 controls schemes are confirmed, Move, GunCon 3, and controller.

I thought I heard in the press conference that Time Crisis 4 was going to get an update ala RE5 Gold and Heavy Rain?
Is that still happening? I still have my boxed TC4 bundle.

I miss the original TC with just the button such a great game. I remember when I could run through the game in 10 minutes flat

I have TC for the PS3, the only complaint is lack of trophy patch. It's a cool game, i love some mindless shooting. I even tried the non-rail shooting, not that bad :)

I'm all for it... I really want to mod the gun came with the PS3 game though. You know, use one of those 1:1 scale spring loading airsoft guns.

I was always annoyed that NamcoBandai didn't release the Guncon 3 separately. The feature I want to see in Razing Storm would be simultaneous Guncon and Move controls in local multiplayer. I don't want to buy two Moves or a used Guncon 3.

[quote name='dallow']I thought I heard in the press conference that Time Crisis 4 was going to get an update ala RE5 Gold and Heavy Rain?
Is that still happening? I still have my boxed TC4 bundle.[/QUOTE]

I heard nothing about that, but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen. I don't care either way, though. I'm all about the Guncon 3. Those LED things have been a fixture on my TV since 2007 :)

EDIT: IGN posted an article saying that Guncon 3 support will be in Razing Storm as well as the other two games. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1098804p1.html Good news!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chuplayer']Did you even play Time Crisis 4? The arcade port main game didn't need a d-pad. To switch screens, you waved the Guncon 3 off screen. Granted, you could also switch screens by moving the analog stick (which I found to work a lot better), but it's hardly what I'd call adding d-pad movement to a rail shooter.

If I said "I hope they include Guncon 2 support" would you have changed your tune?

The FPS mode, on the other hand, was more of an experiment. It wasn't super fantastically great, but it offered something unique to the FPS genre. You didn't just move your crosshairs which were always dead set in the middle of the screen. You got to move around and move your field of view and shoot anything within it with your light gun. You could even turn off the horrid crosshairs and play it the right way. The AI wasn't amazing, and your movement was quite slow, but it delivered something new that wasn't just some gimmick. Personally, I was hoping that more PS3 FPSes would use the Guncon 3. Imagine playing any other better FPS game with it like Half Life 2 or Bioshock. It would be awesome![/QUOTE]

I was refering to the FPS mode. It was really bad. They shouldn't even bother with it. It almost as bad as Tekken 6 useless beat'em section.

I would love to try out the game with the Move controller. I hope it turns out good.

[quote name='bjstucker']I miss the original TC with just the button such a great game. I remember when I could run through the game in 10 minutes flat[/QUOTE]

10 minutes? WTF?

Also, which I could find of copy of TC for PS3 with Guncon3 :cry:

Thanks for the video, dallow. It looks exciting! I hope online supports the Guncon 3. I was really hoping an online shooter came out that used the Guncon 3.

I'm excited, I'm glad Namco decided to give Guncon owners something to play, I own, pretty much every Guncon game on PS2 and was waiting anxiously for something new.

[quote name='basilofbkrst']
Also, which I could find of copy of TC for PS3 with Guncon3 :cry:[/QUOTE]

Unless Namco does something about it, expect to pay $50+ for a set gun, sensors, game, used. I got mine in March, but couldn't find it cheaper than that.

So I got it today. Here are my thoughts. I'm using a Guncon 3 exclusively.

Razing Storm: It's odd that they give you unlimited credits to start. The cursor is on the screen perpetually, unfortunately. I expected that to be the case because that was how it was in the arcade, too. Hopefully cursorless mode is a well hidden secret. Remember dual gun mode in the PS2 port of Crisis Zone? You had to work your butt off to get that. Totally worth it, though. Anyway, I only played through the arcade mode. I haven't tried story mode multiplayer, or that other mode yet.

Deadstorm Pirates: 3.5GB install? WTF? Well, this game has the old credit earning system of previous Namco light gun games. More cursor pushing, unfortunately. It's still a decent game, though. Sometimes it looks a bit flat, but that river level is so colorful and beautiful. Not exactly feeling the steering wheel segments, but I can still see this game being my favorite of the bunch.

Time Crisis 4: It looks like it runs a slight bit more smoothly than the original standalone port. Once again, it has credit earning. This is the only game to have no cursor. All in all, not a bad game, but we got this three years ago on the PS3. At least it's now got Move support for the lame Move kiddies who can't handle a gun.

Guncon 3 responsiveness: I found cursor responsiveness in Razing Storm to be a slight bit sluggish. Deadstorm Pirates felt a little bit too tight. Time Crisis 4 felt just right, just as it did in the original port. Calibration mode makes the sluggishness apparent.

Overall: Not a bad purchase. I'll definitely give Razing Storm's story mode a shot. I loved the story mode in the first Time Crisis 4 port, and I hope it's like that. I just really, really hope that there's a way to turn the crosshairs off. That would make the game perfect.

I played Razing storm at the state fair this year and it plays like just another TC game. Not that it's a bad thing.

I just don't think it's worth paying $150+ for a new light gun game.

You're not really paying $150+ for this game, since the Move bundle came with a game too. Anyway, I think the amount of time I enjoyed Eyepet already made the Move a good buy, so I'll try about this new TC game out. Need to find a deal....

Yeah, 49.99 was msrp. Last I checked shipping estimate was 2-5 weeks for TC.

I know it won't take that long to get new stock though.

Both this and "The Shoot" have not yet shipped from Amazon, even though i have Amazon Prime and ordered this a couple weeks ago.

They had no problem getting me the shooting attachment, though.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I hope this game is successful so maybe Capcom will port the two RE Wii games (UC and DC) to PS3 with Move support.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea :) I don't see any reason why not... there's money to be made!

[quote name='8bitArtist']port over HOTD Overkill. ps3 is more of a suitable audience for that game anyway.[/QUOTE]

I suggest a HD remake... The Wii version looks pretty bad (for some reasons I think the Dreamcast HotD is a lot better than the Wii one).

I wish they could release a bundle with The Shoot or Time Crisis (I know Time Crisis is unlikely because it's not first party). I already have a camera, but if it came with a game, I wouldn't mind having a spare or selling it to a friend.

The sports game just doesn't do anything for me. I mostly want Time Crisis, the Shoot, Sorcery, and High Velocity Bowling.

I gave the story mode a shot with the Guncon 3. It doesn't control like Time Crisis 4's FPS mode did. It has the Wii style looking and aiming combination that I absolutely love to hate. Here's hoping that mode plays a lot better as a Dualshock controller game. I can't stand Wii FPS controls. Time Crisis 4 had a clunky but workable experimental control scheme. It totally did what you wanted it to do. Wii FPS games never do what I want them to do. They're watered-down motion waggle abominations for the masses.

Hahaha. I pre-ordered this game through Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and WITH prime, it has a delivery date of November 10th - 24th. While I know that they almost never take this long, I don't think I'll be keeping the pre-order.

No thanks Amazon. I think I'll just run down to Gamestop.

Or not : The nearest in stock store is 43 miles away.

I miss Gamecrazy...

[quote name='SEH']Did they not make enough copies of this game?[/QUOTE]

Oh that will P!$$ me off, I can't buy any more freaking games, so I can't get this one. Maybe demand will warrant a reprint.

[quote name='SEH']Did they not make enough copies of this game?[/QUOTE]

Reserving a game at Game$top actually pays off for once.

Does TC4 still have ALL of TC4 on the PS3? Or is just the arcade mode?
Disappointed the FPS mode in RS has stupid controls, EVEN WITH the GC3.

The Gamestop website is now backordered.

Someone reeeeeeeeally screwed up with this game. I've had a horrible time finding it in the Dayton/Cincinnati Ohio area. Looks like I'll just have to keep my preorder on Amazon.

Funny, considering light gun shooters ARE THE MAIN REASON I BOUGHT A MOVE.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Does TC4 still have ALL of TC4 on the PS3? Or is just the arcade mode?[/quote]

It looks like it's only the arcade mode. None of the "complete mission" FPS stuff. But it did have a couple options grayed out in the menu. I wonder what those are.

Disappointed the FPS mode in RS has stupid controls, EVEN WITH the GC3.

Seriously. How hard would it have been for them to put in a right stick view option like it was in TC4? It's a shame that that game's probably going to be the only game to ever do that. I just hope that a regular controller can be used like you would in any normal FPS game. Total bummer that you can't play it with the gun, but at least you would be able to play it.

I think the game is great! I've had a lot of fun playing it, I love shooters. I guess I like more now than before since I've become more of a casual gamer and it's good game to pop in and play for 20-30 minutes. I just received my copy of The Shoot, I just need to go to my parents house and pick it up. I hope it offers more than what the demo had to offer.

Also, anybody pick up a gun peripheral should I get, any experience with any?

The official one, http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Shooting-Attachment-3/dp/B003O6E46S/ref=pd_sim_vg_20 or

The Move Precision Shot, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UF24SI/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The second one was available on Amazon for $19.99 a few days ago but still wasn't sure of which one to get. Plus, I could really care less if the nav controller attaches or not.

I feel bad for all the people having a hard time trying to get this game. ='(

[quote name='skiizim']I think the game is great! I've had a lot of fun playing it, I love shooters. I guess I like more now than before since I've become more of a casual gamer and it's good game to pop in and play for 20-30 minutes. I just received my copy of The Shoot, I just need to go to my parents house and pick it up. I hope it offers more than what the demo had to offer.

Also, anybody pick up a gun peripheral should I get, any experience with any?

The official one, http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Move-Shooting-Attachment-3/dp/B003O6E46S/ref=pd_sim_vg_20 or

The Move Precision Shot, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UF24SI/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

The second one was available on Amazon for $19.99 a few days ago but still wasn't sure of which one to get. Plus, I could really care less if the nav controller attaches or not.

I feel bad for all the people having a hard time trying to get this game. ='([/QUOTE]

I ordered the official Sony one off of amazon with my copy of TC. I received it this morning and played for a few hours. I'm pretty impressed and satisfied with it.

The trigger functions very seamlessly and smoothly. My rule of thumb is that you usually can't go wrong with buying any first-party accessories and this is no exception.

[quote name='major morgan']I ordered the official Sony one off of amazon with my copy of TC. I received it this morning and played for a few hours. I'm pretty impressed and satisfied with it.

The trigger functions very seamlessly and smoothly. My rule of thumb is that you usually can't go wrong with buying any first-party accessories and this is no exception.[/QUOTE]

I too was also surprised by the quality of the shooting attachment. Most of the time I don't care for plastic add ons, but this one is worth the price.

Even the start and select buttons on the side feel like you are actually pressing the buttons.

By the way - I have a question for those of you who have gotten your hands on the game.

Can you turn off the on screen cursor? I have been playing The Shoot, and I am pretty sure that there is no way to turn it off. Personally, I feel like this is cheating, and I hope it doesn't become required if the PS3 decides to get more light gun games.

Well, you can play the FPS mode as a regular FPS game with the Dualshock for the most part. Just make sure you don't touch the d-pad because that will make the cursor go off center. What they expect you to do is use the d-pad to move the cursor around and the right analog stick to shift the camera. Luckily you can just use the right analog stick like you would in any other FPS game.

That being said, the FPS part is kind of lame so far. Maybe it'll be easier to see things on an HDTV, but it's really tough to see things on my SDTV.

bread's done
Back