Titan Quest $19.99 at Amazon.com

Basically. If you played diablo 2 and liked it. BUY IT.
If you've never played diablo 2. BUY THIS.
If you didn't like diablo 2. ALT-F4.

The best game I played all summer. There isn't anyone who has played this that has said it wasn't worth paying for. Although the illegal versions can be easy to obtain.

[quote name='opportunity777']Anything special about this? Reviews seem alright.[/QUOTE]

Its a click-fest, its a good game but nothing special. If are craving for Diablo-like game then you will like this.

[quote name='opportunity777']Anything special about this? Reviews seem alright.[/quote]

It's a good game, insanely difficult at the Legendary difficulty settings.

This game (demo) ran really badly for me on my M1710 laptop so I didn't buy it. I guess a 2Ghz Core Duo with 2GB DDR2 and a Geforce 7900 GTX 512MB weren't enough for it. Did patches make it run any better? It really ran so badly. Seemed like a fun game otherwise.

[quote name='WilliamG']This game (demo) ran really badly for me on my M1710 laptop so I didn't buy it. I guess a 2Ghz Core Duo with 2GB DDR2 and a Geforce 7900 GTX 512MB weren't enough for it. Did patches make it run any better? It really ran so badly. Seemed like a fun game otherwise.[/QUOTE]

I only got a 1.87 ghz Pentium M with 2GB DDR2 and a GeForce 6800 256 MB, so it will probably run like shit on mine too. I did switch the HDD out for a 7200 RPM Hitachi, which made a big difference in speed from the 4200 RPM I initially got to save money.

I never had the problems other people had running it. The patches they added supposedly made it more stable, and it gave you the option to turn off some of the settings that caused problems (like dynamic shadows).

I'll second the motion that if you liked Diablo 2, this is a must-buy. Take it online or play it alone -- it's a blast. I paid double the money and easily got 100 hours of play out of it before moving onto other games.

[quote name='opportunity777']I only got a 1.87 ghz Pentium M with 2GB DDR2 and a GeForce 6800 256 MB, so it will probably run like shit on mine too. I did switch the HDD out for a 7200 RPM Hitachi, which made a big difference in speed from the 4200 RPM I initially got to save money.[/QUOTE]

I have a similar videocard and a much better CPU (AMD64 4000+), and this game still runs like sh*t. Much like Oblivion, this PC title is meant for nVidia's 7k series or better. What a shame, 'cause I bet these requirements had a severely detrimental effect on the size of their audience, especially since better games like Diablo II and WoW run so well on weaker PC's.

bread's done
Back