TMACDaddy banned from CAG & arrested for selling stolen items. UPDATED OP Re: Refunds

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
UPDATE (by wubb) - FranchiseGarnett is apparently TMAC's brother and has said he intends to make things right with anyone that has been left out money by this. Please PM him (as well as shrike and posting in this thread) the details of what you paid for and didn't receive. Several CAGers have reported receiving refunds, so this does appear to be legit. Let me just say again to PM shrike4242 the details, he's working like a dog on this and while he can't grant a refund he will make sure you don't fall through the cracks.

About a month ago, there was an issue with TMACDaddy trying to scam two CAGs for items that they had bought, a PSP and a copy of Shadow Of The Colossus. After a week's worth of PM's back and forth, he fixed the error of his ways and shipped out the items he had agreed to sell. However, there was an odd thing or two outstanding from that issue, and he's had an eye kept on him since that point.

A couple of weeks ago, some concern had come up about some of the items that TMACDaddy had been selling. He was selling numerous items for ridiculously low prices, such as USB flash drives, memory cards, and hard drives, The prices were a little too low for the story he had been using of "I bought them at a cheap price before and now I need money". Another odd thing is that all the items being sold included free standard DHL shipping, and that they were all new and sealed items. Also, the quantity of some items were more than the average person would have on-hand. All of these issues prompted some further investigation.

Recently, it was found out that the items were being shipped from an OfficeMax store, since he worked at OfficeMax, it was first thought that it was simply convienent for him to ship from work. Digging a bit deeper into the facts, it became apparent that something appeared to be funny about the situation, and the OfficeMax store he was at was contacted. They looked into the matter, and found out that he was stealing items from the store, selling them on CAG for dirt-cheap prices, and shipping them out of the store's DHL shipping, at the store's cost. Once they found this out, they arrested him, according to a PM I just recieved.

Said PM:
[quote name='The PM in question']hi shrike

This is just to make you aware since i see your posts alot on this user, tmacdaddy was arressted for stealing from his job and posting the goods on this site for sale. I dont know any other way to let the users know and there are some that will have to go back to paypal to get their money back as the product will not be comming to them. Thanks and I hope you weren't affected by this user.

Best regards[/QUOTE]
Due to this issue, he's been banned from CAG, permanently. He's not coming back, either under that ID or another one.

* Anyone with an outstanding deal with him that hasn't had money change hands, you're not getting your item.

* If you have sent him money via Paypal and you've not seen anything about an item being shipped, you should file a Paypal dispute immediately, since you're not going to get your item.

* If your item has been shipped, I'm not sure what might happen with it, depends on what happens with the OfficeMax LP department on this issue.

* If you've bought an item previously from him, I'm also not sure what will happen, since again, it depends on what happens with the OfficeMax LP department.

If you've worked out a deal with him, for any non-gaming item like a USB flash drive, hard drive, memory card, or anything like it that could have come from an OfficeMax store, please PM me and let me know the details of it, such as price, how it was paid (most likely Paypal), number and type of the item(s), and the current status of the trade (completed, paid and not shipped, paid and shipped w/o receiving item). Right now, the OfficeMax store has my contact information, and they may need to ask me for more information, which I'll need to get from CAGs.

I'm sorry that we've had something like this happen on CAG, and as I hear more information about this situation, I'll update the OP as needed.

Reality's Fringe]How'd that idiot think that using the store's shipping WOULDN'T get tracked back to him? Oh well said:
That was his first mistake. And the reason I was eyeballing him from before.

Wow. I figured something was up when he had those GB Flash drives for next to nothing - glad I never PM'd him about it. If shit like this becomes a regular occurance, I'll have to post receipts when I sell my new games for $35 :rofl:

Homeboy was either really stupid or just fucking ballsy thinking he'd get away with it. And he would have too if it weren't for those kids and their medling shrike.

[quote name='RandyTsai']it seem kinda fishy when he started popping up in the trading boards with new items each day.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='joevan']Wow. I figured something was up when he had those GB Flash drives for next to nothing - glad I never PM'd him about it. If shit like this becomes a regular occurance, I'll have to post receipts when I sell my new games for $35 :rofl:

Homeboy was either really stupid or just fucking ballsy thinking he'd get away with it. And he would have too if it weren't for those kids and their medling shrike.[/QUOTE]
His second mistake was making new TL's for each set of items. Under the forum rules, that gets the mods' attention when you make new ones prolifically. In fact, he was on a trading ban from late Wednesday night for that.

Third mistake was repopulating his TL with the items he was posting up for sale, plus in quantities that were a little odd for someone that always was in the need for money, plus why would someone need 6 flash drives anyway? :whistle2:s

Fourth mistake was his prices being too good, like 40% of retail price. Employee discount isn't that good, so that's another big blinking neon sign.

I'd wager on stupid instead of ballsy. Maybe both, but only the stupid ones get caught.

Way to fucking go shrike. Damn, you're busting fools left and right.

Wish I would have known about this guy, would have given him $5 for a couple of 300 GB hard drives ;)

Looks like he could be going to "pound me in the ass" prison. Especially since this would be a felony charge, especially with the items in question crossing state lines and the amount of the goods sold.

[quote name='TimPV3']Way to fucking go shrike. Damn, you're busting fools left and right.

Wish I would have known about this guy, would have given him $5 for a couple of 300 GB hard drives ;)[/QUOTE]

Not worth it - you'll sleep better not having stolen merchandise around ;)

Besides, I do believe (in LA at least) that since he didn't have title to said goods, OfficeDepot still may have a claim to them if they believe that said goods were not bought in good faith by someone believing he had title to them. But at $35shipped for a GB SanDisk Flash drive of which he had 6+ - it is a little hard to believe he was on the up and up - I just hope people get their money back and get to keep their items.

I think shrike's eManhood gets +4 inches for nailing this bastard.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Looks like he could be going to "pound me in the ass" prison. Especially since this would be a felony charge, especially with the items in question crossing state lines and the amount of the goods sold.[/QUOTE]
That's something I'm curious about myself.

It can't be mail fraud, since he shipped through DHL, though he owes the store the money for the shipping, for however long he's been shipping items through there, which could be before he was sending out the stolen items.

[quote name='joevan']Besides, I do believe (in LA at least) that since he didn't have title to said goods, OfficeDepot still may have a claim to them if they believe that said goods were not bought in good faith by someone believing he had title to them. But at $35shipped for a GB SanDisk Flash drive of which he had 6+ - it is a little hard to believe he was on the up and up - I just hope people get their money back and get to keep their items.[/QUOTE]
That's why I'm trying to get a handle on who has what, and see what happens, depending on what OfficeMax LP wants to happen.

[quote name='joevan']Not worth it - you'll sleep better not having stolen merchandise around ;)[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I can imagine the phonecall from the Office Max Loss Prevention.

Glad to see he got what was coming to him. I hope those that purchased stuff from him gets their money back. (Or gets to keep their items, though I'm sure the store will/would want those back...I don't know though.)

truclosing.gif

Oh, the irony

Nice work Shrike, and yeah I hope everyone that had gotten items from him will either a) get their money back, or b) be able to keep the items. It would be a shame if this guy cost fellow CAG's some hard earned cash.

BTW what a moron for shipping from the place he was taking it from, why wouldn't he just bring it home? Fool. Not that I would condone that type of action though, but its good to see CAG cracks down on that crap right away

[quote name='brainstorm']Nice work Shrike, and yeah I hope everyone that had gotten items from him will either a) get their money back, or b) be able to keep the items. It would be a shame if this guy cost fellow CAG's some hard earned cash.

BTW what a moron for shipping from the place he was taking it from, why wouldn't he just bring it home? Fool. Not that I would condone that type of action though, but its good to see CAG cracks down on that crap right away[/QUOTE]
I think everything was paid via Paypal, though Paypal refunds depend on the money being in the Paypal account, for semi-quick refunds. Otherwise, they have to go after the bank account in question and that can take some time to get done. I have to wait and see what OfficeMax wants done, which is why I'm trying to get some sense of a list together.

I'm sure the shipping from the office came from the fact it was right there, in his face, and easy enough to have done without much issue. It also makes a great audit trail for finding where items were sent to. Whoops.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think everything was paid via Paypal, though Paypal refunds depend on the money being in the Paypal account, for semi-quick refunds. Otherwise, they have to go after the bank account in question and that can take some time to get done. I have to wait and see what OfficeMax wants done, which is why I'm trying to get some sense of a list together.

I'm sure the shipping from the office came from the fact it was right there, in his face, and easy enough to have done without much issue. It also makes a great audit trail for finding where items were sent to. Whoops.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'm hoping (and I know you've considered this too) that it would just not be worth the resources to track down each and every one of the customers to get the products back, even if all together the loss would total a good amount - plus I'd imagine most people that got their items opened them and are using them which would complicate matters.

:pray: Crossing fingers for positive outcome and TMAC becoming a large ethnic man's bitch.

[quote name='Fire']Great job Shrike!!! Making this site a better place. Glad Cheapy chose you as a mod![/QUOTE]
[quote name='kill3r7']Way to go Shrike. Thanks for making CAG a safer place.[/QUOTE]

THIRD'D!
Great work Shrike!

You-Got-Served-double-sided--C10117859.jpeg

shrike, i know 2006 just started, but you got my vote for man of the year. /ends sucking up to moderator.

Seriously though, sorry to all those involved. But I like how we pounce on scammers around here, thanks to some of the mods, especially shrike. Hopefully these actions will deter future scams from happening.

shrike.. u da man..
wow.. luckily i didn't do any trade with him.. or i'll be scammed or at least feel bad to have the stolen good.. good job shirke!!!

Thanks for going above and beyond the call of duty, Shrike. I've been burned by trades on other sites and I know how it feels to be burned. It makes me feel safer knowing that guys like you are around to make it a better place.

I hereby move to give Shrike the title: Kickass CAG mod

To be honest, when I'd read his trade topics, I'd think "... man... he ripped his workplace off."

:whistle2:k Unfortunately, that may not be an option if he's in jail. Let's hope this all works out and you won't have to -- judging by how careless he was to cover his tracks, he may have been just as careless with his PayPal account and left the funds in it.

He's not going to jail unless he has a huge record. It takes a LOT more than that to put a first offender in jail..

He's gonna get like 2 years probation and no criminal record--guaranteed.

He'll also be classified as a douschebag for a while :p

Good job anyways, really sketchy guy off the site

Great Job Shrike, I have to agree with everyone here that it was very intuitive of you to call this guy out as a thief. To give a heads up to the store that he worked at and have him investigated, almost makes me think that you work or have worked for someone's LP department before.
Obviously the guy was shipping through work, not because he was balsy but because he didn't find a way to take it home withought someone noticing. If he was shipping out the stolen goods as well as any other regular packages, it wouldn't have seem fishy to anyone. What he did that was really stupid was sell them for such a great discount. That, plus the quantity of similar items raised suspicion right away.
For those of you that did trade with him, I suggest that you PM Shrike asap. The more details that Office Depot knows of how many people he sent to, the more they can tack on to the charge and the more he'll have to pay back. They need as much evidence as possible on this guy and the only way to track the stolen goods from the legit shipments is to know which ones went to people here. You were deceived as well. He's the one in deep you know what. You'll most likely be able to keep the item because you were not the ones that commited the theft. Then again, I don't know who would want to keep them or who may want their money back.

I had a feeling that cat was shady! I dealt with him for a game trade a while back. His communication was pretty good but, the game was nowhere near the condition he promised, and it got to me slow (which he kept blaming on DHL).

He also made a big deal about the amount of money he had to spend ($8.XX) to send me a PSP game through DHL. I ended up being nice and leaving a good feedback because that seems to be the norm here as long as you get your stuff, but now I'm wishing I'd done otherwise to warn other traders.

I had another CAG PM me about him because their trade was going sour, and I gave the CAG all his info and told him I thought he worked at Officemax because he would only send DHL. Anyway, I'm glad his sorry ass was caught, and sorry to any CAGs who got screwed by him.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think everything was paid via Paypal, though Paypal refunds depend on the money being in the Paypal account, for semi-quick refunds. Otherwise, they have to go after the bank account in question and that can take some time to get done. [/QUOTE]

PayPal doesn't take money out of a bank account. If the money has been cleared out of the PayPal account the CAGers will probably have to go through the courts to get their money and that will probably not be worth it. Since he's been arrested maybe that will make it easier, but I have no idea.

Or if you paid with CC you should hopefully be able to get the money back through your CC company. (Though for all I know he could have only had a personal account and therefore didn't accept CCs at all?)

Bottom line, file a dispute with PayPal ASAP if you have paid TMAC and haven't received your item.

LOL stupid fucker stole from work and then shipped on the companies account glad he made it easy to get caught. Good work Shrike!

[quote name='gaelan']
164655.jpg

The great eye sees all...[/QUOTE]

That's not an eye, that's a vagina.

TMac kept trying to trade stuff with me on TGN and he wouldn't take no for an answer. He was trying to send me a Friends box set, though, so I don't think it was stolen.

Good work shrike.

/isn't sure what to do now regarding a trade from a few weeks ago, as I was the user that got the PSP, but it wasn't brand new so I doubt it was stolen...

TMacDaddy? hmmm... well this user has been banned off several other gaming trade sites long before this... It all orginated to a trader back in '04 by the name of King Eli 89 (on tgn, later underneath the same name on gameTZ), KingEli was banned for being destructive, but then he created several hundred other user names to reinfiltrate the website... one name, which he was known as a nortorious swindler, basically making trades with ppl, and then asking for money to be included with the trade and scamming them completely, was the user name TMac... You must wonder how a new user here on CAG knows so much about this situation, let me explain, I was one of the 3 people watching him on TGN (www.tradegamesnow.com) when he was doing such issues, i was just a regular user, so were the other 2 users assisting me, and our goal was to investigate his senerio and find out what his true motive was, we couldnt figure it out when he was underneath the alias KingEli89, he was banned for destructive behavior. But then he came on the site, making deald with other users while milking them in the process, underneath the username TMac. He was eventually found out about his name(s) prior to this one being the same user as his name of origin, and thus officially banned. Thats the full story on the user TMacDaddy.
-Xtreme

bread's done
Back