TMACDaddy banned from CAG & arrested for selling stolen items. UPDATED OP Re: Refunds

isnt that user from TGN Tmac1 (and he was here for awhile as well,now i cant find his name though) ...was he and Tmacdaddy the same?

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Oh noes! The FBI is after my Shadow of the Colossus![/QUOTE]

They better not be after my PSP. :p Unless they wanna fork over enough cash to let me buy a brand new one. :) And it will be of the Giga Pack variety.

Oh we're moving on up to the east side, in a deeeeeeeeeeeeee-lux apartment in the skyyyyyyyyyy...

as far as i know it's not the same guy on tgn. the guy on tgn had some asian name and the guy here has a completely different name.

but that's as far as i know from just checking.

looks like I got burned off a Ridge Racer DS game that was used... thank god it was part of one of the circuit city deals

Shrike--laying the smackdown on his punk ass!!!

CheapyD, you need to leave CAG to Shrike in your will. Not that I think you're going to die soon or anything...8-[

This fool sent me trade feedback a while back saying he had forgot to and asked me to do the same. I keep detailed records of all my trades and had nothing for him. I asked him what the trade was and he listed a few items that I had actually traded recently but not w/him. It just seemed too scandalous and I never did give him any feedback. I'm glad I dodged that bullet. Sorry about everyone who got taken by this punk.

[quote name='111111']as far as i know it's not the same guy on tgn. the guy on tgn had some asian name and the guy here has a completely different name.

but that's as far as i know from just checking.[/QUOTE]

Although I remember that guy having some interesting DRE PS2 dealings.

not that im doubing that this guy was a moron - but why would you use the same name on two different sites if one site considered you a scammer and its obvious people on one site frequent the other? =0

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']not that im doubing that this guy was a moron - but why would you use the same name on two different sites if one site considered you a scammer and its obvious people on one site frequent the other? =0[/QUOTE]

Because it's easier to keep your lies straight with a smaller number of user names and because often people get banned very quietly, most of the recent CAG bannings haven't included their own topic.

i am still in awe how he told everyone he gets hooked up at office max and even put office max on his cag profile.

....sigh...i better see my money back.

...back to laying down sick.

good work shrike. Man I find this owning much more entertaining than the Krenzel owning people were making such a fuss about a few months back

[quote name='jlarlee']good work shrike. Man I find this owning much more entertaining than the Krenzel owning people were making such a fuss about a few months back[/QUOTE]

I beleive the name was "Wenzel," and that was group mentality taken to the absolute extreme. The guy scammed people, got called out, eventually remedied his problems, and people were still coming after him. Shrike handling this, and the general comments I've seen from potential scammees on this site, are far more professional and cleanly handled than what happened at that car parts site.

[quote name='Strell']I beleive the name was "Wenzel," and that was group mentality taken to the absolute extreme. The guy scammed people, got called out, eventually remedied his problems, and people were still coming after him. Shrike handling this, and the general comments I've seen from potential scammees on this site, are far more professional and cleanly handled than what happened at that car parts site.[/QUOTE]
wenzel yep you are right and that is why this is one of the two boards i follow other boards just go nuts

because its the one that stuck, Tmac1 also know as Tmacdaddy here went through several hundred usernames on TGN, KingEli89, EliDaKing89, GameMaster, Johny641 (was his last and most recent name before being deleted), he actually went as far as recreating a GTZ username to use in TGN, HEATHERN, which was a red flag all in itself. He changed his name everytime, so that the mods wouldnt be onto him, and his address stayed the same, he just changed his city. (cuz the same road ran through several cities), but his zip was ALWAYS the same (because if the city isnt right, the zip code can find the area it belongs in.

hahahaha what a moron. I always love to see dumbasses get what's coming to them.

Sorry about all of you who traded with him though, I hope you guys get your money back soon.

Wow...that's grand larceny.

And I doubt you will have to give your items back. But if you do, just have documented what you paid him and OM should give you that amount because you were an innocent purchaser. Items obtained by fraud and sold to an innocent party usually aren't required to be given back. OM will probably just force restitution and get their money that way.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Wow...that's grand larceny.

And I doubt you will have to give your items back. But if you do, just have documented what you paid him and OM should give you that amount because you were an innocent purchaser. Items obtained by fraud and sold to an innocent party usually aren't required to be given back. OM will probably just force restitution and get their money that way.[/QUOTE]
Thats now how it works. The police may want the items back for evidence, even if OM doesn't. Either way, the buyer gets screwed. OM doesn't have to give anybody anything.

Also, anybody sharing their info with a moderator better think long and hard. Receiving stolen goods is a crime too. A reasonable person (with the help of a prosecuting attorney) would look at the deals people were getting and easily construe that you knew or should have known that you were receiving stolen goods. Giving info to a moderator makes the prosector's job that much easier. If they are going to come after you or your goods, it'd be best to make their job more difficult. (no disrespect intended, mods. it's just that I've seen this honest mistake end up hurtin people before)

To everyone that's offered their thanks and kudos for my work on this, you're very welcome. Just another day in the mod office and trying to keep commerce on CAG a problem-free thing.

To work out some points that have come up in this thread since I last posted on it, I'd like to offer up the following:

* I haven't given OM any particulars about people that have had dealings with TMACDaddy. When I've called them (and I gave them my phone # and my username on here, plus on how to get here and look for his threads) and told them what's going on, I gave them generalities about what he's done here, nothing specific that's linked to a username. If they pulled the info for CAGs from his threads, there's nothing I can do about that, though all the can do is get username and PM people, unless they talk with me or another mod.
* TMACDaddy may have volunteered the infomation about people he's dealt with, such as names, email addresses, addresses and phone #'s, so the OM LP might be contacting people directly. The same information of names, email addresses and addresses could be pulled from his Paypal information, if he's accessed his account for them, or they asked for his info about getting in. From name + address, phone # could easily be found, so it's not completely out of sorts to have OM LP or the local PD contact the people who bought items about what to do next.
* The reason I'm trying to compile a list is to see how many people are up the creek in regards to being out money without product, how many people have product already, and how many people were waiting on items before money changed hands. Any information that OM LP or the local PD would request would have to go through CheapyD, since CAG is his site. I'm not sure of the complete legality of it (since I'm not a lawyer, and where javeryh when you need him?), though I'm sure they would have to make a formal request of CAG to produce the information, if needed for their case against him.
* Getting money back might be a bit long in coming, depending on what happens with the money and his Paypal account. If the money is there, it might be a simple matter, if not, then I don't know. All depends on what happens.
* Will people need to give their items back? Damned if I know, it all depends on what happens with OM LP & the local PD.
* Will people's information need to go to OM LP & the local PD? Again, damned if I know, all depends on what happens.

The only conversations between anyone on CAG and OM have been my calling them on the phone. They have my phone #, they know how to get here, and they have his user ID. Any other information is something they've found when they were on here. Since he's banned, they can't look for his threads by username (banned users aren't searchable in the Members search), though I can pull up whatever they need as requested. They've not made any formal request for anything, though if one comes up, I'll talk to CheapyD about what we can/will do to abide by it.

And one last thing:
* Do I think that he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law? Damn right I do, and I'll help out with that happening as best as I can.

I think this deserves to be on the main page as a clear indication that we aren't just another obscure website where scumbags can come and take advantage of people. Good call Shrike. Good call indeed. :applause:

[quote name='daphatty']I think this deserves to be on the main page as a clear indication that we aren't just another obscure website where scumbags can come and take advantage of people. Good call Shrike. Good call indeed. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I agree, someone should photoshop a pic of Tracy McGrady behind bars as the caption pic for the main page.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I agree, someone should photoshop a pic of Tracy McGrady behind bars as the caption pic for the main page.[/QUOTE]

That would be nice. I think whipsmartbanky should just do one of his drawings. This might be the next topic of the CAG comics.

K, all this is TMACDaddy's brother, while I don't approve of anything he did at all, I do love him as he is my brother and I'm here for him, I feel I should update you all on everything thats happening, at his request, he first would like to apologise to every person he sold the stolen merchandise to or anybody he did business with, he will make sure that all partners that payed and didn't get the stuff will get refunded, he's paying back Office Max for all that he owes, anyways an update on him, he's 19, young, and stupid, his first time ever getting arrested, he got out that Friday, my parents bailed him out, his girlfriend who he was basically planning on marrying, left him, and he's basically hit rock bottom, he goes to trial Febuary 8th for an arraignment, and I think at this point he just wants to go to jail, as I've never seen him like this, he really feels horrible and is doing horrible, anyways, again, he apologises, and no matter what happens he won't be back on here, and he is not Tmac1 from TGN, he's never used TGN before, CAg was his first game trading website.

Sorry

[quote name='FranchiseGarnett']K, all this is TMACDaddy's brother, while I don't approve of anything he did at all, I do love him as he is my brother and I'm here for him, I feel I should update you all on everything thats happening, at his request, he first would like to apologise to every person he sold the stolen merchandise to or anybody he did business with, he will make sure that all partners that payed and didn't get the stuff will get refunded, he's paying back Office Max for all that he owes, anyways an update on him, he's 19, young, and stupid, his first time ever getting arrested, he got out that Friday, my parents bailed him out, his girlfriend who he was basically planning on marrying, left him, and he's basically hit rock bottom, he goes to trial Febuary 8th for an arraignment, and I think at this point he just wants to go to jail, as I've never seen him like this, he really feels horrible and is doing horrible, anyways, again, he apologises, and no matter what happens he won't be back on here, and he is not Tmac1 from TGN, he's never used TGN before, CAg was his first game trading website.

Sorry[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the update on the situation.

Your IP does match TMACDaddy's, so theoretically, you're using the same PC that he was when last connected to CAG. That part at least jives.

You'll have to forgive me for taking what you're saying with a salt lick's worth of salt, though in this case, money talks and bullshit walks. I'll believe that he's serious about making amends when all the CAGs who are out money have all their money back and not a moment before.

I'll sit back and wait to see what happens with his attempt to make good on his deeds.

Oh and Jedi is owed 20$, after those guys then he good, there was a couple people that payed and made a complaint and are in the process of getting it back already.

[quote name='FranchiseGarnett']I believe 11111 is out 60$ and thats it, other than that I think the rest have their money back.[/QUOTE]
Not so fast. I know that's not the case.

Sitting in my PM Inbox are PM's from 111111, RawisJericho, Jedi1979, and Genocidal, all saying they're out money. All have said they're out $60, save Jedi1979, and he's out $20. And those are just the ones that have come forward to identify themselves to me.

All have paid via Paypal, and I've asked them to do Paypal disputes to get their money back if they can. Assuming the money's in his account, it becomes a very painless process. If not, well, that's when it gets difficult.

As I said, when all of the CAGs that are owed money get all their money back, I'll consider the situation resolved. Until that point, money talks and bullshit walks.

I can cancel my compaint since it takes 30 days or more to receive it. I would really like to get the $50 back sooner than 30 days.

The thing is, Genocidal and Raw is Jericho, because they filed disputes, their money is not accessable in the Paypal account, is basically gone, because of the dispute, here, bottom line because the dispute was filed, we have absoulutely no access to either of their money, 11111 and Jedi's money was spent and is going to have to be put back in the account to pay it back.

[quote name='RawisJericho']I can cancel my compaint since it takes 30 days or more to receive it. I would really like to get the $50 back sooner than 30 days.[/QUOTE]
As long as you get your money back, it can be via complaint or via direct return payment.

The payment can be refunded very easily, by doing a Refund Payment at the bottom of the transaction summary screen for the Paypal payment. Assuming the funds are available, or can be pulled from a bank account. This returns the money + Paypal fees, and should return the amount of the original payment.

Plus, you PM'd me that it was $60, not $50, so don't sell yourself short.

FranchiseGarnett:

if you or your parents can paypal/ send me 60 bux i will also cancel my complaint with paypal.

you have my info and you know where to reach me for anything.

[quote name='111111']FranchiseGarnett:

if you or your parents can paypal/ send me 60 bux i will also cancel my complaint with paypal.

you have my info and you know where to reach me for anything.[/QUOTE]
All that has to be done is a Refund Payment. If they send you $60, and your account is set up to get fees docked from receiving money, you'll get less than $60. Refund Payment takes care of all that, automatically.

[quote name='shrike4242']All that has to be done is a Refund Payment. If they send you $60, and your account is set up to get fees docked from receiving money, you'll get less than $60. Refund Payment takes care of all that, automatically.[/QUOTE]

you're absolutely right, something like that is what i meant.

good shizzle ShRiK3

[quote name='shrike4242']As long as you get your money back, it can be via complaint or via direct return payment.

The payment can be refunded very easily, by doing a Refund Payment at the bottom of the transaction summary screen for the Paypal payment. Assuming the funds are available, or can be pulled from a bank account. This returns the money + Paypal fees, and should return the amount of the original payment.

Plus, you PM'd me that it was $60, not $50, so don't sell yourself short.[/QUOTE]

This was my PM to you.

Hey, I made a trade with him last week. I was one of the people who bought the 300 GB HDD from him for $50 shipped. I paid by paypal and have not recieved an item. I also filed a claim with paypal, hopefully I can get my money back. Nice work on your part though :)

So yeah it was $50, I think you might have confused me with 111111 since he was owed $60.

[quote name='111111']FranchiseGarnett:

you have my info and you know where to reach me for anything.[/QUOTE]

Same on my part as well, I will cancel the complaint if the money is sent back to me. So no worries there, I just can't afford to be out $50 for 30 days or however long it takes them to do an investigation. I can give you my home address if you guys would rather send a money order, money transfer, check, etc.

[quote name='RawisJericho']So yeah it was $50, I think you might have confused me with 111111 since he was owed $60.[/QUOTE]
:shock:

Too many PM's over this little mess. And yes, I made a mistake and was confused, and you're owed $50, not $60. The PM is right.

Plus, it's late as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']:shock:

Too many PM's over this little mess. And yes, I made a mistake and was confused, and you're owed $50, not $60. The PM is right.

Plus, it's late as well.[/QUOTE]

I forgive you ;)

[quote name='RawisJericho']I just received email and refund from the paypal complaint department. Thanks franchise.[/QUOTE]

wow you got your money back already from paypal????

i have not gotten anything back yet......damnit.

It's good to see that money has started to be returned. As with the others, I'll cancel the dispute when I get my $60 back. Thanks to everyone involved this looks like it's going to go smoothly -- and that's a good thing. :)

bread's done
Back