"TNA is pretty solid right now" wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahmed Johnson was a freak athlete back the 90's. Watch the match with him and Goldust on the KOR set which is currently on Netflix.

[quote name='neocisco']If you haven't been watching it it's been pretty good lately. Slammiversary was a solid PPV and Impact has definitely been more wrestling-focused in the last several weeks. Impact being live certainly doesn't hurt either.

There, we have a new topic since a new one wasn't started before the last one was locked. If you don't like that the title happens to be about TNA, go in the corner, have a good cry and get over it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize they were live now until I was looking at going to a tapping the other day. How long have they been live?

[quote name='Scorch']uh..

So how am I supposed to watch it?
[/QUOTE]

I wonder if those international WWE ECW television contracts finally ran out. They were only producing WWE NXT for so long to continue to fulfill those obligations overseas, so they threw it up on the internet so Americans wouldn't be left out.

The new NXT is apparently replacing the FCW show on the Bright House cable TV provider in Florida, who own and operate their own sports channel on their cable TV system.

I'm sure Florida fans will put the new NXT on YouTube after they capture it from the cable TV.

I guess another theory is that those international contracts are still going, but WWE cut some kind of deal with Bright House to replace the FCW show with the new NXT, and part of that deal is WWE won't show NXT on the internet anymore. Or maybe a delayed showing on the internet. But why they would pick cable television in Florida over the internet is odd, especially with the YouTube content push they have these days.

[quote name='lombarvm']Ahmed Johnson was a freak athlete back the 90's. Watch the match with him and Goldust on the KOR set which is currently on Netflix.[/QUOTE]

That's the match I saw recently.

I just remember being terrified for Golddust's well-being throughout.

[quote name='kodave']I wonder if those international WWE ECW television contracts finally ran out. They were only producing WWE NXT for so long to continue to fulfill those obligations overseas, so they threw it up on the internet so Americans wouldn't be left out.

The new NXT is apparently replacing the FCW show on the Bright House cable TV provider in Florida, who own and operate their own sports channel on their cable TV system.

I'm sure Florida fans will put the new NXT on YouTube after they capture it from the cable TV.

I guess another theory is that those international contracts are still going, but WWE cut some kind of deal with Bright House to replace the FCW show with the new NXT, and part of that deal is WWE won't show NXT on the internet anymore. Or maybe a delayed showing on the internet. But why they would pick cable television in Florida over the internet is odd, especially with the YouTube content push they have these days.[/QUOTE]

Advertising?

FCW has been uploaded to youtube for years, so NXT will be no different. Dont fret.

[quote name='HydroX']Advertising?

FCW has been uploaded to youtube for years, so NXT will be no different. Dont fret.[/QUOTE]

Not that I have any clue, but I can't imagine there being huge profits in advertising on a regional cable network's own sports channel for a wrestling show featuring a bunch of minor leaguers. But maybe its still more than what WWE would get from an ad/profit sharing agreement with YouTube from global people watching online.

[quote name='shotgunshine']I've been watching some of Daniel Bryan's earlier WWE matches and I have to watch them on mute because of Cole. Christ, do they think having Cole bury him every second is helping anything? Whats worse is its probably Vince telling him to say this shit. It just shows how out of touch he is nowadays.[/QUOTE]

Actually, in hindsight it was great. The smarks knew who Bryan was and were going to cheer for him regardless. To the gen-pop, he was the underdog who puts in 110% every match but always came up a hair short. He was the guy you wanted to see succeed. I mention Colin Delaney a while back. He was Colin, except they allowed him to actually show his ability.

[quote name='Scorch']It's going to be tough to avoid spoilers the whole weekend and the Monday of that Raw.[/QUOTE]

Uh, don't go to the dirt sheets for a few days. Problem solved.

[quote name='silentevil']I didn't realize they were live now until I was looking at going to a tapping the other day. How long have they been live?[/QUOTE]

IIRC, they've been live for the last 3 weeks.

My wife and I have front row center tickets for the 1001st episode of RAW. We wanted to do something cool for our 5th anniversary so at the very least I hope to see something with HHH and Brock leading up to their Summerslam match.

[quote name='musha666']I was saying that in the other thread too. I think Slater figures he is terrible as a wrestler in the mens division so he went and got some breast implants to wrestle in the Divas division. Sad thing is he wouldnt be the ugliest diva...[/QUOTE]

He has tits. Milky, voluptuous tits. Dude has to be on steroids (like most pro wrestlers). One, that's a side effect, because it messes with estrogen, and two, if he were on T he'd be leaner with more lean muscle. Wrasslers love their "beach muscle."

And I'm indifferent to WWE choosing to stop the uploads of NXT to their YouTube channel. One, that's a legit stupid decision, and two, it'll just mean I have more time to dedicate to watching fights.

Sorta hoping this three-hour RAW expansion hurts their ratings. Any negative effect would be a plus because, while WWE has one of their best rosters to date, they are just so safe and monotonous that I just can't dedicate more than 15 minutes a week to their product.

That's one thing WWE has always done well: Wasting talent.

[quote name='neocisco']Uh, don't go to the dirt sheets for a few days. Problem solved.[/quote]

Really?? Is that how I avoid spoilers? You mean they won't be copied and pasted here or other sites like Reddit? If a big name is confirmed, it won't be trending on Twitter or talked about by anyone that I follow? None of my friends will text me if a huge name is rumored to show up? I'm glad everything will stay contained to the dirt sheets!

Oh relax, Scorch. You get worked up way too easily. I apologize for not being intimately aware of the details of your wrestling-based information gathering techniques.

[quote name='kodave']People text each other about wrestling?[/QUOTE]

Not too often, no, but I have one friend that will if it's something huge. Hasn't happened in a while, though.

I wasn't worked up at all. I'm just saying.. If huge news is rumored or is confirmed to happen, it'll be hard to avoid on the net.

Ring Of Honor posted this on their Facebook earlier today in regards to the forthcoming Best In The World 2012: Hostage Crisis iPPV.

[quote name='Ring Of Honor via Facebook']IMPORTANT NEWS REGARDING ORDERING "BEST IN THE WORLD 2012" iPPV

This Sunday June 24th, Ring of Honor Wrestling presents “Best in the World 2012: Hostage Crisis” live on iPPV!! Featuring the rematch between “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen & Davey Richards for the ROH World Title, the iPPV broadcast will be made available for purchase later this week!

In order to provide our fans with the best iPPV experience possible, we have entered into a contract with Acquia, one of the most reputable Drupal Hosting and Performance companies. A great deal of our resources are being employed to make sure this migration goes smoothly during the week and that all issues are resolved prior to Sunday afternoon’s iPPV broadcast. To help with any issues that may occur during the course of the event, we will also have an engineer on-hand to scale hardware resources or resolve any bottlenecks on the fly. Please bear with us this week, as we may experience some ROHWRESTLING.com down time. This is all being done to further ensure that the “Best in the World 2012: Hostage Crisis” iPPV broadcast is 100% available to our fans, IF for some reason, the migration does not pass quality control and load testing, we will provide a 3rd party platform to order and watch the internet pay-per-view. Once the migration is complete, the iPPV will be available for purchase.

Also as promised, anyone that purchased the live broadcast of the “Border Wars” iPPV event on May 12th and ordered through 5AM Eastern Standard Time on May 13th, will automatically receive the iPPV broadcast of “Best in the World 2012” for FREE provided they did not already request a refund for “Border Wars”.

Ring of Honor Wrestling aims to present not only the absolute best professional wrestling experience for our fans in attendance live but also for our fans around the world watching live on iPPV and we will do whatever it takes to ensure that is the case on Sunday afternoon.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oshkK8HBRS0

Does Vince know this web series exists? (I had forgotten.) I thoroughly enjoy the 'Mystery Science Theater 3000'-esque commentary. I'd be down if they did this for entire PPVs and released it on disc. One of WWE's best creative endeavors. Anything that takes a jab at WWE's version of ECW is gold in my eyes.

This shows WWE programming is around 2 hours and 55 minutes of filler. I'll just watch these week to week instead. Thanks for the awesome find Scorch! :D

[quote name='TheRock88']Same, a lot of those vids are absolute gold.[/QUOTE]

I never have to watch RAW again.

And speaking of Sandow...

Pretty neat shirt.

A new idea from Vince McMahon is to have the RAW announcers do sound effects to make it seem like they are trying to hold back laughter during what are supposed to be comedy segments.

Once upon a time, enough funny stuff happened on Raw where we wouldn't need announcers to pretend to laugh.

Edge and Christian, Kurt Angle, The Rock, etc...

On Facebook the WWE is advertising Scott Steiner's alumni profile page today. Wonder if we could get a Big Bad Booty Daddy vs Slater match before episode 1000.

Since alot of people are saying TNA has gotten alot better lately, im going to give Impact a chance tonight. I haven't watched the show in years. Im keeping my expectations in check. Im not asking for the best show i've ever seen, just a solid show that doesn't insult my intelligence or feel like i've wasted two hours.

[quote name='JJSP']Episode one of the new NXT/FCW is on YouTube since it aired overseas already.[/QUOTE]

Also, didn't want to jinx it, but earlier this week, after months of daily checking, Hastings finally had Volume 4 of the Wrestlemania anthology in stock for $29.99. Jumped on it, just received it. It's complete and in decent shape. Pretty excited, even though they're heavily edited. The only ones I'm missing now, which shouldn't be hard to get, are 21 and 23.

Right when they ring the bell for the start of the Hogan/Rock match, Lawler says "Only at Wrestlemania.. and only here in the WWF, JR!". No edits. Awarding myself one cookie for discovering that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dixie Carter: Would rather make her husband think she's cheating than tell anyone about your drug problem.

It's like a big "Welcome Home Randy Orton" sign.

Seems like he's having a great time with it.

The Underworld/Edge's original gimmick thing seems to be working for O'Brien too. At least they don't have him pretending to be a rat anymore.

Idol Stevens retooled as The Genius? Husky Harris returning as Waylon Mercy? What's next? Only one logical conclusion: Michael McGillicutty as the Repo Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, we get a Impact with no word on who the attackers are? But we have Dixie Carter and AJ in the ring with AJ saying "We don't have to do this" for a good 7 minutes. Yup, I'm not convinced by the thread title at all.

Looks like I might have to stop by a couple of those FCW shows.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']So, we get a Impact with no word on who the attackers are? But we have Dixie Carter and AJ in the ring with AJ saying "We don't have to do this" for a good 7 minutes. Yup, I'm not convinced by the thread title at all.

Looks like I might have to stop by a couple of those FCW shows.[/QUOTE]

Two segments of one episode are hardly definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back