"TNA is pretty solid right now" wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mitch079']I read that Vince has allegedly banned the mention of small city names now on television, like Fort Wayne.[/QUOTE]
As Vince continues to lose his shit with age, I look forward to Raw coming every week from Madison Square Garden or "the sold out Pontiac Silverdome" regardless of actual location.

Maxine was quite probably the best Diva they had who could actually cut a promo and act. She was fantastic on NXT with Bateman and Curtis. Plus she could wrestle too. Her Dragon Sleeper was awesome.

WWE sure has their head up their ass with their Divas division. Other than Maxine:

AJ - Pretty much awesome, can wrestle. Her acting could use some work, but seems to be better now that she can act totally off the wall.
Aksana - Probably not very good in the ring, but her character is actually pretty interesting as a valet/manager. Pretty much filling the Maryse role now.
Alicia Fox - Terrible in the ring - dangerous even with her sloppy botches. Can't cut a promo.
Beth Phoenix - We know she can wrestle, but she's been made to look like a total loser since she began her Pin Up Strong and Divas of Doom schtick. Yes, she was made to look weak even as a multiple time champion in that time span.
Cameron - See: Alicia Fox vs. Melina. Her sister is probably the only reason she's employed.
Eve - Okay in the ring, manages to get some reaction. How long will she stay part of the WWE now that she has one foot in other television projects? Stacy and Maria did similar things and the next thing you know, they were both fired.
Kaitlyn - Can wrestle, has an interesting personality, never given the chance to do shit.
Kelly Kelly - Has got to be on her way out at this point.
Kharma - Creative has nothing for her. Seriously.
Layla - Passable in the ring, draws zero reactions one way or the other now that she's not heeling it up with McCool anymore. Seems like she's peaked.
Naomi - Can wrestle, showed a lot of passion on NXT, is misused as a Brodus Clay dancer.
Natalya - Great in the ring, good on the mic, misused worse than Beth Phoenix. She's always second fiddle to another Diva for some reason. Maybe Vince hates her because she's one of them Hart family members. Hence the farting gimmick.
Rosa - Doesn't seem to be able to wrestle after all of these years, but hasn't ever been given anything to do. Seems to work well enough as eye candy and as a valet.
Tamina - Can wrestle, crowd seems to be decently into her, built in 2nd/3rd? generation gimmick - she seems destined to join Beth and Natalya as a woman who never gets a fair shake.

I mean, no wonder no one cares about the Divas division. Can't find anything to do with Kharma. Constantly misuse Beth and Natalya. Younger Divas like Kaitlyn, Maxine, Naomi, and Tamina never get much of a chance to shine on the big shows. Divas like Aksana and Rosa are inconsistantly used as valets (right now is on the better side of that). Fox and her sister are useless. Layla has peaked. Kelly Kelly is on her way out and Eve seems to be following suit with her growing popularity.

Only AJ is being used well, and she's hardly even being used in a wrestling role or a competitive role. She's just been playing psychotic girlfriend. Which is fine for now, but WWE probably will have no clue what to do with her afterward. And it just reinforces the fact WWE can only significantly develop one Diva at a time.

But of course none of the above matters because the Divas are lucky to get one match a week on Raw OR Smackdown. Usually the competent ones do good work on NXT and Superstars when given the chance and don't have to be done in 2.5 minutes.

The same problems that the diva division has are in the men's division as well, except on a bigger scale. They can only develop a couple of low/mid carders at a time, and once they decide that their time is done, they get jobbed out in favor of the new flavor of the month. Look at Zack Ryder. They finally acknowledged his popularity, put him on tv, gave him a belt, and then put him in the Cena storyline. Afterwards, his time was done and he job merciliessly jobbed out to Kane. Or the Usos. It seems like every few months, they come back, make a push towards the belt, and then out of nowhere, drop of the face of the earth again. On a bigger scale, Christian lost a match to ADR while he's trying to cement himself as a good IC champ, and Brodus got beat by Big Show without even a mention of his formerly undefeated streak. All these guys lose tremendous amounts of steam and then WWE wonders why they are getting no fan response. Why bother getting behind someone who is going to disappear soon?

Remember Alex Riley? Mason Ryan? TENSAI?

I mean, not everyone needs to be main eventing, but there's no reason they can't do SOMETHING with these guys.

I hate the whole "Attitude Era was awesomez" stuff, but at least the midcarders did things and were all well known. Bossman, Godfather, D'Lo, Al Snow, Val Venis, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Steve Blackman, Ken Shamrock etc. All of those guys were over. I admit I'm remembering them with a bit of rose tinted glasses since off the top of my head I don't remember if they were on TV every week or what have you, but I feel like they were over with the crowds at the time in that old fans or ex-fans would remember them today if they came up in conversation. If Mason Ryan was released tomorrow, I doubt casual fans would remember him 10 years from now.

The biggest plus was the ton of TV that both promotions used to have. It was largely irrelevant but it allowed the development of the midcard and lowercard.

[quote name='kodave']I admit I'm remembering them with a bit of rose tinted glasses since off the top of my head I don't remember if they were on TV every week or what have you, but I feel like they were over with the crowds at the time in that old fans or ex-fans would remember them today if they came up in conversation.[/QUOTE]

You remember them and thats important enough. Try to remember the midcarders from 5 years ago. Maybe even 3 years ago if that's too hard. I kid you not, before watching Slammiversary a few weeks ago, I completely forgot Mr Kennedy existed and he was a guy that was actually on tv.

I'm a fan of Maxine. Average commentator skills, decent ring work, unique look, solid personality, and, in my opinion, very attractive. She and Johnny Curtis made for a pretty entertaining team on NXT. I think TNA should hire her. (Not that I watch TNA but she deserves an opportunity to showcase and hone her wrasslin chops.)

[quote name='Scorch']One half of the Funkasaurus Booty Ladies[/QUOTE]

Oh, huh. Thanks.

[quote name='davo1224']The biggest plus was the ton of TV that both promotions used to have. It was largely irrelevant but it allowed the development of the midcard and lowercard.[/QUOTE]

WWE has 6 hours of cable television each week, not counting reruns of Raw, AM Raw shows, etc. Then there's web shows, twitter, etc. There's a lot more television today, and no excuse why guys aren't getting over except for the promotion itself. As I sit here and type I'm trying to think of the name of the Titus O'Neil/Darren Young tag team (Prime Time Players?) and I'm not 100% certain. I think that's right but the point is they are challenging for the tag titles, and they receive so little coverage in the WWE Universe™ that I'm not certain.

[quote name='Chase']I'm a fan of Maxine. Average commentator skills, decent ring work, unique look, solid personality, and, in my opinion, very attractive. She and Johnny Curtis made for a pretty entertaining team on NXT. I think TNA should hire her. (Not that I watch TNA but she deserves an opportunity to showcase and hone her wrasslin chops.)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I never want anyone to go to TNA, but I think by certain standards, she has what it takes to be successful in the wrasslin' business.

I'm glad they stopped using Michelle McCool's music for Layla this week, but recycling Tiffany's old music was an odd choice.

[quote name='Scorch']Uh, wow. WWEShop has the Falls Count Anywhere blu, which just released this past Tuesday, for $9.99.

http://www.wweshop.com/item/falls-count-anywhere-blu-ray/DVDMedia/35-00802

Shipping is $6.99, so it's not *that* amazing of a deal, but still.
[/QUOTE]

If shipping was $2 or less, I'd be all over that. Don't know how long they've been at these prices, but the following blus are also $9.99:

WCW Clash of the Champions
Ladder Match 2: Crash and Burn
The Best of Raw and Smackdown 2011
Best PPV Matches of 2011
Shawn vs. Bret
Best of King of the Ring
OMG! Top 50 Incidents in WWE History
Greatest Superstars of 21st Century
Randy Orton: Evolution of a Predator

[quote name='Tsel']If shipping was $2 or less, I'd be all over that. Don't know how long they've been at these prices, but the following blus are also $9.99:

WCW Clash of the Champions
Ladder Match 2: Crash and Burn
The Best of Raw and Smackdown 2011
Best PPV Matches of 2011
Shawn vs. Bret
Best of King of the Ring
OMG! Top 50 Incidents in WWE History
Greatest Superstars of 21st Century
Randy Orton: Evolution of a Predator[/QUOTE]

Just cheaper to get Netflix almost all of those are on there. Granted, I can see the appeal of blu-ray.

Some of the volumes of the Summerslam, Royal Rumble, and Wrestlemania anthologies are on sale.

Summerslam vol. 1- $9.99
Summerslam vol. 2- $11.99

Royal Rumble vol.2- $7.99
Royal Rumble vol.4- $9.99

Wrestlemania vol.1- $9.99
Wrestlemania vol.2- $9.99

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Just cheaper to get Netflix almost all of those are on there. Granted, I can see the appeal of blu-ray.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have Netflix and that's where I've watched most of these. The collector in me wouldn't mind owning a few of them on Blu-ray though.

So there was a redditor the other day doing an AMA post claiming he was a WWE intern. There was some skepticism, but he uploaded this screen.

In the post, he described his passion of the product, told how he got the job, who he sees on a daily basis (no one really but he sees Trips every Wednesday), how Vince is (changes his mind all the time), and he helped inspire others to check out corporate.wwe.com and apply.

Anyway, Joey Styles saw his post and gave him a heads up that he should delete it.. but others had already seen it and he's been future endeavored.

[quote name='Scorch']So there was a redditor the other day doing an AMA post claiming he was a WWE intern. There was some skepticism, but he uploaded this screen.

In the post, he described his passion of the product, told how he got the job, who he sees on a daily basis (no one really but he sees Trips every Wednesday), how Vince is (changes his mind all the time), and he helped inspire others to check out corporate.wwe.com and apply.

Anyway, Joey Styles saw his post and gave him a heads up that he should delete it.. but others had already seen it and he's been future endeavored.[/QUOTE]

That was a pretty stupid thing to do, in all honesty. Blew a huge chance to work in the industry he probably loves. Where else can he get the kind of work experience again? MAYBE TNA? Otherwise he's going to have to kiss up to indy bookers and promoters if he even wants a taste of that kind of job.

And it was just an internship. Internships end. If he wasn't given a job offer after the internship, then he could spill some beans with a semi-anon AMA.

Same thing happened to someone who worked for Google. Just got the job, did an AMA, blabbed a little too much and was let go the next day.

Anyone been to a TNA show in Orlando? I'm thinking about going to Destination X. What should I expect? How long did you have to wait in line to get in? Did you email them for vip tickets?

[quote name='silentevil']Anyone been to a TNA show in Orlando? I'm thinking about going to Destination X. What should I expect? How long did you have to wait in line to get in? Did you email them for vip tickets?[/QUOTE]

Yes, plenty of times. Let me know if you're going.

YES, Get VIP tickets. Otherwise there is a chance you won't get in. Get there early (around 12AM), and yes you have to wait in line for a good 7 hours or so. It sucks really since if you don't pay to get into Universal studios, you're bottom barrel. But with VIP at least you have a sure fire way of having a seat. I'll put up more when I get back. Been to a lot of them.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Yes, plenty of times. Let me know if you're going.

YES, Get VIP tickets. Otherwise there is a chance you won't get in. Get there early (around 12AM), and yes you have to wait in line for a good 7 hours or so. It sucks really since if you don't pay to get into Universal studios, you're bottom barrel. But with VIP at least you have a sure fire way of having a seat. I'll put up more when I get back. Been to a lot of them.[/QUOTE]
I emailed them and they said to print out the email or show it on my phone. It's a pretty generic email. Were your vip emails like that? I probably wont be able to get there until 2 pm. I'm going with a buddy of mine. Are you going?

[quote name='silentevil']I emailed them and they said to print out the email or show it on my phone. It's a pretty generic email. Were your vip emails like that? I probably wont be able to get there until 2 pm. I'm going with a buddy of mine. Are you going?[/QUOTE]

From Denny Neil? :bouncy: They are generic yes. You might be good at 2pm. I'll let ya know on here if I do. A lot of variables right now but I'm always down for a CAG lunch or dinner. Just don't forget cash to park!

Scorch (or anyone else), you know if they fixed the issue with the Best of 2011 PPV Matches bluray? Would love to have the Cena/Punk MITB match in high def.

[quote name='sawyerbrwnfan']Most of these movies are on netflix streaming and you can watch them for free.[/QUOTE]

Watch free! Only 7.99 a month!

Best of PPV matches isn't on Netflix.

Regarding the blu, I think it was quietly fixed because it was unavailable for a while but it's now back in stock at both Amazon and WWEShop.com.

Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOFFVTfbB1s

Dammit!

Husky Harris (a/k/a Bray Wyatt) went down with a shoulder injury in the early stages of the main event. The match ended early and some people were not happy, but it was legit as all the refs and others wrestlers came to help.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Dammit![/QUOTE]

That's awful. *BUT* he could easily be used as a manager/mouthpiece while he heals. Give him a stable, take a page from Jim Jones and the People's Temple. Except make it PG so the WWE Universe™ can handle it. There's a lot of opportunity to use him just fine while he recovers from injury. After all, you don't even really have to wrestle in today's WWE. Punch for 3 minutes, take a finisher, hit the showers. Talkie talk talk segments matter a billion times more than wrestling, and Wyatt's doing well in that area.

[quote name='Scorch']Rumors are suggesting that
Diamond Dallas Page
will be the WWE Legend or w/e they've been doing next week on Raw.

I'm going to avoid the dirtsheets on Monday and mark out harder than I marked for Sid if that happens.
[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're going to avoid the dirtsheets while simultaneously openly posting rumors on here. How nice of you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm glad you're going to avoid the dirtsheets while simultaneously openly posting rumors on here. How nice of you.[/QUOTE]

No shit. Use your fucking head, Scorch.

Rumors are rumors. There were rumors that it was going to
be Goldberg last week. No one knows anything until the day of, so I don't feel bad posting early rumors.

I put a spoiler on storyline rumors once and caught hell for it because it was just rumors. I post them without spoilers and I catch hell as well. I'll put spoiler tags on it, just erase the quote from your post, u_gamer.

He can come to Raw anytime, just, for the love of God, don't bring
600full-sara-calaway.jpg
with you, mmmkkk.

I have an invite to XtremeWrestlingTorrents for the first person who can correctly guess the wrestler who was on the first wrestling shirt I ever had was. There are two acceptable answers. First one wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back