To anyone that calls themselfs a gamer!

Soodmeg

CAGiversary!
Honestly....my friend and i fought for about 2 hours over this so i am going to post a poll.

As a game......do you really give a flying fuck about alternate costumes?

My friend says yes.

I say HELL TO THE NIZALL!

Why does anyone care about alt costumes? They add nothing to the game whatsoever...also many games will have the most ridicously fee for getting them. I am not about to play through your god damn game 8 times just to unlock the all black spiderman costume in Ultimate Spiderman...christ give me a break.

Depends on the game and the difficulty involved. Some are just too cool, like the Han Solo and Indiana Jones skins in Mercenaries. Most of the time it's just pointless, though.

Also, "Nizall"? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']I would like to say "No," but I don't see the option in the poll. Just some incoherent gibberish.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

More people should use polls on CAG to settle bets. Would make for interesting threads.

I went with the gibberish :lol: I hardly ever spend the extra time with a game to unlock stuff like alternate costumes.

Sure, why not? If it's something that takes alot to accomplish it's just like braggin rights. Like unloccking evil Ryu in Ninja Gaiden, it's cool to be able to say "I unlocked Evil Ryu" as well as "I beat the game on Very Hard", plus you have something to remind you that you beat it on hard, and it's just pretty awesome with an evil Ryu and all.

Or getting all fifty scarabs, it's just a goal to be able to set, and have fun with. Plus, once you accomplish the goal you have something to show for it.

It's exactly like achievments on XBL... and it's obvious how everyone loves those. There has to be something wrong with you to not like unlocking achievments, or costumes, or whatever.

And I think nearly every XBL subscriber will agree with me.

I voted yes, but only in some instances.

Fighting games - yes
Long action adventure games - no
If the costume gives extra abilities - yes
If I have to play 20+ hours first - no

But I do like the option.

[quote name='javeryh']What is a hell to the niz-al?[/QUOTE]

While I couldn't find an entry in the Urban Dictionary for niz-al or the alternate spelling niz-all, I did find quite a few words with "niz" as a root.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/browse.php?word=niz

Perhaps the OP meant to type "nizzazzle" which is properly defined as the following:

no. nizzazzle puts a positive and "spunky" twist on the word no. synonyms:no,negative,negatory,or simply niz

Example of use in a conversation:

hey, can I have your rice crispy bar?
nizzazzle.

It depends on the game, but alt costumes can make a game much better. Silent Hill 3 has alot of costumes, and they are much better then the original costume, It's about 3 different costumes, with a bunch of varients.

Hunter the Reckoning Wayward is good too, I think each character has their costume from each game.

Man you guys got F'ed in the A.

But seriouly everyone that i grew up with says niz-al (and spells it that way) but it could be do to the fact that i am Jamaican so my words are slurred more than most people.

[quote name='shipwreck']While I couldn't find an entry in the Urban Dictionary for niz-al or the alternate spelling niz-all, I did find quite a few words with "niz" as a root.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/browse.php?word=niz

Perhaps the OP meant to type "nizzazzle" which is properly defined as the following:

no. nizzazzle puts a positive and "spunky" twist on the word no. synonyms:no,negative,negatory,or simply niz

Example of use in a conversation:

hey, can I have your rice crispy bar?
nizzazzle.
[/QUOTE]

So if you asked me "do you know what the hell is going on in this thread?" my answer would be "nizzazzle"...

[quote name='javeryh']So if you asked me "do you know what the hell is going on in this thread?" my answer would be "nizzazzle"...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Ziv']I voted yes, but only in some instances.

Fighting games - yes
Long action adventure games - no
If the costume gives extra abilities - yes
If I have to play 20+ hours first - no

But I do like the option.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Getting the costumes in the new MK games were one of the highlights of the game.

Totally depends on the game:

Resident Evil? That's a nice bonus, but if I don't get it, I don't really care.
Tekken? Depends on the character, but there are certain special costumes I like better than the normal varations, so here it matters to me.

i don't care it just skins.if the maker actually spend time and make the char unique and improve on gameplay that all i care about

Generally I do like having them; I prefer it if they have some function to them, but if I tend to be content as long as the character looks better in the new costume

Depends on the game. Like In RE4 it was cool to get them but nothing I was working towards. However in Snake eater, I wanted more and more camos.

[quote name='GF_Eric']Alt costumes for men - no
Alt costumes for women - usually

I likes the fake polygonal ladies.[/QUOTE]

GFT - Looking for the most revealing. If I'm gonna look at someone for a long while, I'd rather that character be worth watching.

I like completing my games 100%.So yeah I like to unlock them.And I usually will, as long as the game isnt so boring I dont wanna beat it in the first place.
Later
Dillon

[quote name='eldad9']Who cares? Some people do, some don't, for some it depends. You and your friend are not required to share tastes.[/QUOTE]

You want to calm the fuck down there buddy? Who cares.....i didnt force your ass to read the thread.

God damn ask a simple question and there is always that one dumbass. Who cares this who cares that..wah wah wah wah.

[quote name='Soodmeg']You want to calm the fuck down there buddy? Who cares.....i didnt force your ass to read the thread.

God damn ask a simple question and there is always that one dumbass. Who cares this who cares that..wah wah wah wah.[/QUOTE]

You asked a question. You got your answer. You had a disagreement with a friend over what is a personal preference, now it looks like you need another one. I'm not upset, not bothered, and if for some reason my response offends you just ignore it. You're making a non-issue on top of a non-issue.

Unless the character looks like a "presumed too retarded-looking" reject from the failed television show chronicling the lives of the hideous amalgamations between Liberace and four of the five horses from My Little Pony, then no, I don't give a shizzle.

I'm at the point where I'll beat a game once, then never go back to it, no matter how much extras there are... examples include God of War and Shadow of the Colossus

I can't think of a single instance of caring about a random additional outfit.. quite honestly I play games for fun, not to play dress-up and/or ogle scantily clad video game heroines.

That and I rarely, if ever, spend extra time on a game once I've beaten it (party type games excluded).

Yeah, like it was mentioned earlier, it adds replay value.

I'm trying to unlock all the costumes in DOA Ultimate right now and unlocked most of the costumes in Ultimate Spider-Man last week.

bread's done
Back