Todd McFarlane's Spawn: The Animated Collection [4-DVD Steelbook] - $6.99 at Amazon

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Amazon has the complete Animated Spawn collection for just $6.99. If that wasn't good enough, it comes in a snazzy looking Steelbook. This has all 18 episodes from the series on 4 discs, plus extras like commentaries. I think it might also come with a comic too (based on user image at amazon)...edit: It does! See unboxing vid in 2nd post

edit2: YMMV on the comic. One person has received one with their order, but another has not.

LINK

af7f808a8da00e95336d7110.L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it just sucks that the show was ever cancelled. it would be great if was brought back with the same art style and gritty nature.

[quote name='taylort3']it just sucks that the show was ever cancelled. it would be great if was brought back with the same art style and gritty nature.[/QUOTE]

While I love that idea, I sorta don't because then this set wouldn't be the complete collection. :lol:

But, I would love to see Spawn brought back in a new cartoon. Speaking of which, did the talks for that just die out?

I already have the 3 individual Spawn DVDs (though never actually got around to watching yet).... seems like its the same thing combined, maybe with a bonus extras disc.

*edit* looks like what i have is a bunch of episodes edited into a long movie. This one is split into the episodes and had upgraded 5.1 audio. I'll prob order this then - too bad the BB trade and save is over =]

Thank you so much OP. I'll have to put this series on the shelf with Tales from the Crypt and Beavis and Butthead. I'll call it the shelf of TV shows I wasn't allowed to watch when I was seven years old (but watched anyway).

When they were first being release on DVD, I watched season 1 and 2 of spawn but I think I stopped somewhere around the beginning of season 3 and forgot to go back to it. I remember I really liked the show, but I can't really remember specifics about it because it was a while back.

Is it true that there really isn't much of an ending at the end of the third season? It's kind of like the show just gets cut off or something if I remember correctly.

Regardless, thanks again OP. At this price I would have bought it even if it didn't have the cool steelbook and comic.

Thx OP. I vaguely remember this series back in the day. I think I only saw the first episode at a friend's house since I didn't have HBO.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']While I love that idea, I sorta don't because then this set wouldn't be the complete collection. :lol:

But, I would love to see Spawn brought back in a new cartoon. Speaking of which, did the talks for that just die out?[/QUOTE]
pretty much anything NOT Marvel or DC gets thrown under the rug nowadays. even the couple used bookstores around me dont even put non mainstream(?) comics on the same shelf. all marvel and DC, and then anything unique or different on a bottom shelf in a corner away from the comics:cry: its cruel i say!

wow, I remember this series such wonderful summer memories lol I remember every Sunday this aired it seemed that a T-Storm was approaching and there was that faint smell of my parents house and I was always nervous that the power would go out. I had a small 15 inch television in my room I earned with good grades in the 6th grade. Now a days kids get 55 inch plasmas lol cue wonder years music. I loved the intros that McFarlane used to do before each episode from like an old historian or funereal homes basement, too bad they weren't included.

replacing my old crappy snap cover dvds thanks!

Holy fast shipping Batman! Ordered yesterday around 9AM and already received it today. Everything was in perfect condition.

2z84xo9.jpg

[quote name='taylort3']pretty much anything NOT Marvel or DC gets thrown under the rug nowadays. even the couple used bookstores around me dont even put non mainstream(?) comics on the same shelf. all marvel and DC, and then anything unique or different on a bottom shelf in a corner away from the comics:cry: its cruel i say![/QUOTE]

Such a shame.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Looking at the other 3rd party seller's prices - i would say its pretty in-line with the going rate on it.[/QUOTE]

I used to judge the same way until I realized all the other sellers, used and new, adjust their prices to reflect Amazon's sale prices. I can't say for sure with this one though as I've never looked into it before this sale started.

The lowest amazon price was 13.49 six months ago, according to camelx3. Third party prices have been below 10 bucks (not counting shipping) for a while.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']I used to judge the same way until I realized all the other sellers, used and new, adjust their prices to reflect Amazon's sale prices. I can't say for sure with this one though as I've never looked into it before this sale started.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say that Amazon itself doesn't even have this in stock, so it wouldn't be that - but i see that they are selling it.....all the way towards the end of the list at $37.99 :lol:

[quote name='Pookymeister']I was going to say that Amazon itself doesn't even have this in stock, so it wouldn't be that - but i see that they are selling it.....all the way towards the end of the list at $37.99 :lol:[/QUOTE]

Wow, I looked and couldn't find it so someone must have actually bought it!

I just received mine. It doesn't come with a comic but I expected that after doing a bit of researching. The steelbook is nice, though mine have a couple of areas where the paint is missing going up the sides, this won't be the same situation for everyone I'm sure. The raised up letters is nice along with the McFarlane tag in the corner, gives the case a comic book feel. The discs are in there nice and tight too! I had to struggle to get them out.

[quote name='Gamer_Boy14']I just received mine. It doesn't come with a comic but I expected that after doing a bit of researching. The steelbook is nice, though mine have a couple of areas where the paint is missing going up the sides, this won't be the same situation for everyone I'm sure. The raised up letters is nice along with the McFarlane tag in the corner, gives the case a comic book feel. The discs are in there nice and tight too! I had to struggle to get them out.[/QUOTE]

Someone posted a pic of theirs on the previous page and theirs came with the comic, so I guess it's YMMV.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Someone posted a pic of theirs on the previous page and theirs came with the comic, so I guess it's YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Now that I went back and looked, you're definitely right. Ah shucks.

Got mine today and it doesn't have the comic. Not a big deal, though, 'cause I own the original full-sized comic anyway. And if it had come with this, it probably would've been destroyed like the paper inside. I really don't like these metal cases, but for everything that's included, I'm pleased with my purchase.

I do tend to stick to blu ray too.. but when a DVD set comes out as superb as this one its a must have. Plus 90's animation to me isn't as big of a step in quality to blu ray. I like the older feel to it to be honest.

Hopefully it stays at this price for a few weeks, Im 100% broke right now haha.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Got mine today and it doesn't have the comic. Not a big deal, though, 'cause I own the original full-sized comic anyway. And if it had come with this, it probably would've been destroyed like the paper inside. I really don't like these metal cases, but for everything that's included, I'm pleased with my purchase.[/QUOTE]

Mine came with a comic. Its booger-glued to the outside of the case under the cardboard info sheet. Are you guys looking over it or is your info sheet attached directly to the steel book?

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Mine came with a comic. Its booger-glued to the outside of the case under the cardboard info sheet. Are you guys looking over it or is your info sheet attached directly to the steel book?[/QUOTE]

^^ same with my copy.

[quote name='djsmf435']Got mine today, and had the comic under the cardboard as well.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Thought the steel case was warpped at first.

It's likely that many of us got it from different Amazon Marketplace sellers, at the same price. That could be the difference in who got the comic and who didn't.

[quote name='skiizim']I received mine today too, no comic. It came from KS if it makes a difference to any of you.[/QUOTE]

No comic here, mine came from COMP-U-PLUS ROCKLAND INC (Electronica Direct) in PA (based on tracking info). The steelbook is perfect, that's all I was worried about ;)

[quote name='waxHead']No comic here, mine came from COMP-U-PLUS ROCKLAND INC (Electronica Direct) in PA (based on tracking info). The steelbook is perfect, that's all I was worried about ;)[/QUOTE]

Same company but different location, I could really care less for the comic, I would have given it to one of my nephews to tear up. Either way I'm about to fire up a few episodes in about a half hour.

My estimated delivery is in March because I ordered it alongside Monty Python and The Holy Grail (releases March 6th) to get free shipping :(

Usually Amazon ships things that are available right away from what I've seen, but so far that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm not in any rush to get it, just as long as I do get it eventually.

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Mine came with a comic. Its booger-glued to the outside of the case under the cardboard info sheet. Are you guys looking over it or is your info sheet attached directly to the steel book?[/QUOTE]
In my case, the cardboard sheet is glued directly to the case with no comic between them.

[quote name='skiizim']I received mine today too, no comic. It came from KS if it makes a difference to any of you.[/QUOTE]

Wow I got mine from Ks too and mine had the comic.

Sadly it seems like I was the only one to not get a perfect copy. The dings on the back weren't so bad but atleast two of the discholders are broken. Disc 1 has a hairline crack on the inner edge. Emailed the company, since amazon will only give me a refund and no replacement.

When I first saw it for 7, I was definitely in. Now it is 80 more cents and am rethinking it. This is a new level of cheapness..

I received mine yesterday: no comic, very small ding (I blame the big flimsy bubble-mailer that Amazon poorly decided a heavy steelbook should ship in), and....

Two copies of Season 3 but no copy of Season 1! :lol: Manufacturers error, unfortunately I've seen way too many of these in how little I buy multi-disc DVD sets.

Nice thing about Prime Shipping is a no-hassle return back to Amazon. I sent it back to Amazon prepaid and now I'll have to re-order it for a buck more once they approve my return. I figure if they sell out at $8 before my refund I'll pass on it.

bread's done
Back