Tom Clancy's EndWar - Gen Discussion & Info - Demo Now On XBLM

[quote name='Razzuel']Well I guess I just didn't get selected then, oh well.

Oh and as an aside, I just noticed that you are going to UCF as well. That's cool, but damn those summer classes I am taking.[/quote]

Yeah im taking 3 summer classes as well. I getting some annoying classes out of the way so I'm glad they're faster.

[quote name='RamHawk']You already got your code(s)? I assume it will come in a seperate e-mail.[/quote]
I registered on 3 different emails and got in on all of them. So I have 2 extra beta codes.

[quote name='A Yellow Fellow']I registered on 3 different emails and got in on all of them. So I have 2 extra beta codes.[/quote]

The irony.

damnit. i signed up right when it opened up and havnt gotten an email. Guess i'm out of luck unless someone is kind enough to share an extra code.

[quote name='sleepy180']damnit. i signed up right when it opened up and havnt gotten an email. Guess i'm out of luck unless someone is kind enough to share an extra code.[/quote]

Same with me to... I signed up probably a few hrs when it opened and still have not gotten a email. I really hope I do get in. I hope it doesn't turn out like the BFBC Beta keys and people sell them on ebay.

[quote name='moojuice']Did the COD4 and BFMC betas have NDAs?[/quote]

No, They didnt. Hopefully people actually report bugs instead of just going "omgz a betas!!!!" Seems some people just take it as a way to play the game early and nothing more than a demo.

The beta site is set up really well for reporting on things. No reason not to report on something.

Never understood why people equate the time that they signed up to receiving a code... Ubisoft is looking for people who meet specific criteria (remember those checkboxes you answered?) So time of registration has very little to do with likelihood of acceptance, imo.

I'm guessing that each box was assigned a + or - value and then people were selected who were over a certain points threshold, which would indicate their "value" as testers to Ubi.

That being said, it's a bummer that all of you have been left out. I just realized my Live GOLD is set to expire soon (maybe already has) so there's a chance that I'll have a key up for grabs assuming it isn't locked to my GT and I can't find a deal on Live. I'll post here if I do.

I know I have Linkin, and a couple others on my friendlist already, but if you're down for some games go ahead and send me an invite WITH a message saying CAG or EndWar Beta or something.. I'm usually on evenings EST.

[quote name='getmyrunon']Never understood why people equate the time that they signed up to receiving a code... Ubisoft is looking for people who meet specific criteria (remember those checkboxes you answered?) So time of registration has very little to do with likelihood of acceptance, imo.[/quote]

Apparently having past Beta experience doesn't get you in.

[quote name='KiLL3r']Apparently having past Beta experience doesn't get you in.[/quote]

No apparently not, it's like they don't want feedback or something.

After reading the news here that the e-mails went out, I checked my Yahoo Mail spam folder and discovered three e-mails from Ubisoft saying I'd been accepted into the beta. So for all y'all that haven't gotten the e-mails yet (yeah, there were three of 'em, all identical), go check your spam folder to see if it got swept aside!

[quote name='A Yellow Fellow']I registered on 3 different emails and got in on all of them. So I have 2 extra beta codes.[/quote]\]

Could you help a fellow CAG out and give me a code? I can't believe i didn't get in.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Codes haven't been distributed. Most of us (everyone?) got multiple confirmations but that doesn't mean we'll receive multiple codes.[/quote]

Ok, so you guys received confirmation not the actual codes? I might have gotten one but I haven't been checking my span folder and I've just been deleting them.

Correct. I recieved 2 emails saying I was in, but have yet to recieve a code for the download. Which I honstly don't expect to get until the day the beta starts (the 16th) or the day before.

Voice commands are extremely frustrating and really, the controls are crap...no explanation at all really on how to do anything.

[quote name='Mrcapcom']got mines any first impressions? I hear some negative comments about the game[/quote]
I'm finding the lack of any sort of help very frustrating...going to go back and read through the site and see if it helps, but right now it's pretty much chaos.

Voice controls work fine for me if you understand what the hell's what. Although I prefer to not use voice all together unless I need to do something very quickly and I know the names for everything.

Friend and I did a 2v2 twice. First one we were wiped the floors with trying to get a hang of things. The enemy had airstrikes, which we did not (We have no support yet). So we were fairly helpless as we tried to learn the controls.

Second game we went up against the same people and we were obliterating them as we tested a new strategy. Unfortunetly though as we were ending the game, the server booted us off and gave us nothing in return, not even experience/kills that my units had incured. Which quite frankly I think is bull that we don't at least get unit exp.

I find the game pretty 'meh' and wish the camera had free control. However they won't allow it as there is no fog of war and you're stuck overseeing a single unit of your own. Helicopters however are particularly useful for viewing long distances. Which in turn can really help place artillery in a strategic position or find out what units the enemy is sending towards a particular point.

Units also have "Armor" and then "Health". Once they get so low on health after their armor is taken out, they become grey and at which point you can "kill" them. If you don't you won't get a unit kill and a transport plane will come and pick up the injured unit. I assume this ties in with reinforcements and the amount of specific types of troops you can call in.

Oh and anyone with an SD TV, good luck reading anything. My friend who was playing with me on his SD TV couldn't read a damned thing. I basically read off everything via private chat.

The lack of a free-control camera is beyond irritating. I ended up pressing the BACK button and just playing the game from the overhead view...much easier to call out orders and such.

[quote name='drbutchevil']Does the game take like 2 minutes to load from dashboard for anyone else?[/quote]
The game takes forever to load at just about every loading screen...i had actually thought my 360 froze when i first booted up the demo early this morning.

[quote name='SynGamer']The lack of a free-control camera is beyond irritating. I ended up pressing the BACK button and just playing the game from the overhead view...much easier to call out orders and such.[/quote]

I definitely saw the camera being controlled in some of the preview videos. Wonder if it was added after the beta was compiled or if it was removed before it.

Yeah...not impressed with this at all, even for a beta. Loading times are worse than a PSP Phat using a UMD. And this is on a HDD...i would love to help fix the game bugs wise, but there are so many problems from a gameplay factor that i'll likely be deleting this sometime very soon.

This game has potential but it is extremely buggy. It needs at least another year of work on it but if they already pushed this to beta, then it is unlikely it will see that needed work.

I noticed that after awhile, the voice commands starting working accurately for the most part. It was nice when it did work the way it was supposed to.

Voice commands worked fine for me the past 2 days, but I played a game today and the voice command was all over the place. My units doing a retreat command when I am certain I said "Attack," and Riflemen trying to capture to a point on the other side of the map that I didn't pay attention to until I noticed they were getting killed. (Big battle at the time, was trying to capture a neighboring point). Anyone else have difficulties today?

[quote name='Razzuel']The irony.[/quote]

yea i know how you feel...

I guess I wont be getting a beta invite and token neither since the beta started already.
Its really sad how other people got 3 emails and other people haven't even gotten one yet.

I'm curious as to what fucked-up criteria Ubisoft has for picking out beta testers. I had a lot of "credentials" too.

Maybe I should have said my parents and/or spouse worked at a candy factory?

i am kind of disappointed in this....
its def buggy, and not really all that fun, but then again i am just finishing up advance war days or ruin so....my 'strategy' quality bar might be set a bit high.

i wouldnt pick this up for anthing more then $5.

plus i feel like a knob saying commands in front of my wife and kids and such.

if would be aweome if when you cursed or someting along those lines the 'units' cused back.

bread's done
Back