Tom Clancy's EndWar - Gen Discussion & Info - Demo Now On XBLM

Haha, I got 10 e-mails. They stopped once I signed in and retreived the code. Very excited to try this out when I get home from work today.

I just watched it on GT and it looks really promising (or at least it promises a lot). Anyone looking forward to screaming at pixelated soldiers because you're getting owned?

By the way in the trailer just a the voice says "the stakes are high" they show that amazing weapon system that just happen to be huge stakes thrown from very high (see: space).

I bet a bunch of nerds at Ubi Shangai are pretty amused. Trash cat isn't (flame me, I deserve it).:roll:

Yeah... it looks awesome.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4730.html

This giveaway has now finished. If you are a winner, you should see instructions for what to do next below. If you don't see a message below, we're sorry, but you haven't won! Thanks for taking part.

[quote name='darthbudge']I registered twice for this actually, and both times the codes they gave me were invalid...[/quote]

I think the codes are for Europeans.

Hey all! Though it has been delayed through probably the end of the week, I'm looking for keys to the VIP demo for EndWar. I've already got one for myself through Gamestop but I want to get one for a friend of mine who is going through a bit of a rough spot. Can anyone help me out on this?

If you see a site out there giving away keys or know a guy who knows a guy please let us know. Thanks!

[quote name='TC']Anyone try the demo yet?[/quote]

I tried the demo and even though RTS/Turn Based usually have never been my type of game atleast not since Dune 2000 :lol:. The control scheme is awesome, using voice commands to do almost everything. IE. You want unit 1 to attack the Target you have highlighted you say "Unit 1 attack target" and it is fast. You have RT for initiate the voice command and release to excute voice command, you have 3 other buttons that are sorta a quick reference to do things but if appears you can do everything just voice command. I am not going to say I will be buying this game new, but it is on my want list for either buy less than 30 or trade for.

I controlled all twelve control point until a last second coup by the enemy. I don't know what happened, but all at once my copters at a control point crashed and my engineers were killed. :bomb:

The voice commands work well. Few complained about how the camera does not allow you to go all over the map, but that's a stupid complaint. The camera stays around the squad you presently select. Why should the camera be free-roaming? In real-life you wouldn't be able to hover over enemy territory. It just makes sense for the camera to stay around your squads. That said, it was fun, but I can see how someone could tire of the game through repetition.

Game is sweet, but they need to have a multiple/all unit voice command.

Also, camera needs to be from a less slanted, low down position. I'd prefer it to be a bit higher from the action so I can take it in better.

[quote name='SoulReaver']Game is sweet, but they need to have a multiple/all unit voice command.

Also, camera needs to be from a less slanted, low down position. I'd prefer it to be a bit higher from the action so I can take it in better.[/quote]

Ask and it shall be done.
They already have that command.
Make sure you go into settings and change your voice commands from lite to standard.

Now in game you will have some added neat little commands like;

Calling all units (selects all units)
Calling all **** (replace **** with a unit type and it will select all units of that type in play, ie. Calling all gunships)
Unit * plus Unit * ( *= unit number) (Selects multiple units by numbers)

And my favorite and most useful: Unit (insert unit number of an infantry) plus Unit (insert unit number of a transport) secure (insert comlink)
[example: unit 1 plus unit 4 secure bravo]
Say this and your infantry will automatically move into the transport and the transport will move to the comlink.
when they get there the infantry will automatically get out and secure the comlink.
And you have to do nothing until they capture it.
Gives you time to worry about other units/comlinks.

And while your in the settings you can change the height of the camera as well.

I got pretty damn good at the demo and i absolutely fucking love it.
I'm definitely getting this game close to launch or as soon as i can allocate some funds for it.
I made some friend from the demo and by playing alot with them they are as good as me.
So when we get the game the 2vs2 online matches with them on my team will be sweet.

Just got the game for christmas and I'm loving it. still need a bit of practice to get a hang of the voice controls and the camera but soon I'll be able to play some online.

Just grabbed this game with an in-store credit at Best Buy after exchanging a launch day GH4 guitar (new one costs 79.99 now^^) and using a gift card so I didn't pay a cent! ^ ^ Can't wait.

I just booted this thing up again last night and lost twice in the campaign, man I'm rusty! >< I am on Turn 12 though so I bet the difficulty is up there.

[quote name='Zygote']who still plays this? it was 17.99 during the 3 day b2g1f now its $34.99 at gs.[/QUOTE]

Really? Damn I should have gotten it then..

Oh well..guess I'll keep waiting.

bread's done
Back