Tomb Raider (PS3 and 360) $19.99, WoW: Panderia $19.99, Dead Island Riptide (PS3 and 360)$27.99, SC II $19.99 at Best Buy

Yes! Got mine just now back in stock at Best Buy.com. I've been waiting for this game to drop in price for a while.

I want riptide but for under $20. I personally bought it used first week of release then returned it. Just beat the first one so want it again. Any deals below this or is. $27 the best?

I want riptide but for under $20. I personally bought it used first week of release then returned it. Just beat the first one so want it again. Any deals below this or is. $27 the best?
riptide is basically the same as the first one. i would not even waste $1 on it, unless it is free.

$27 is too much. Too many of the side quests are just fetch quests and it gets so damn repetitive. It felt like a downgrade from the first one (in some ways) almost.

$27 is too much. Too many of the side quests are just fetch quests and it gets so damn repetitive. It felt like a downgrade from the first one (in some ways) almost.
That's how I felt the first time I played it but that was before I even beat the first one. So now that I beat it and have my character leveled up I want it lol. Think if it goes below $20 its worth it. But it might be a while because even the first one you can't find less then $15 (except GameStop b1g1)

Come on dude, it's not that serious. Do you want to ruin this for everyone in the future?
What are you talking about? Target messes up all the time with sales like this. So I wanted them to honor their price match and their own sales ad, big deal. All I did was have them call and talk to someone in customer relations about honoring an advertised promotion. Get over it.

What are you talking about? Target messes up all the time with sales like this. So I wanted them to honor their price match and their own sales ad, big deal. All I did was have them call and talk to someone in customer relations about honoring an advertised promotion. Get over it.
Exactly (bold portion). Just bring more attention to it so they'll fix their system so that after an item is price matched no other promotions can be applied automatically. Like BB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up a ps3 steelbook copy right before closing at Target. Clerk did the pricematch and was surprised another $20 came off. I informed her of the promotion and she was cool with it. $1 out the door. Thanks!

I should have clarified about it being the tomb raider collectors edition. The sku brings up the regular edition on the site but rings up 19.99 in store. Here is the sku: 2833592

I should have clarified about it being the tomb raider collectors edition. The sku brings up the regular edition on the site but rings up 19.99 in store. Here is the sku: 2833592
So one could do a return rebuy on the collector's when it was on sale for $47 and get it for $19.99 now. Am talking about tomb raider btw

anybody know if its difficult to cancel a Target preorder after the deal?  Would do this Tomb Raider deal and preorder GTA V but dont want to keep the preorder at Target since I can use credit on Amazon for it instead.

Exactly (bold portion). Just bring more attention to it so they'll fix their system so that after an item is price matched no other promotions can be applied automatically. Like BB.
I agree with this. I've been able to get great deals from thier mistake and bitching about it when you don't get it alerts them to it. I'd prefer this mishap continues and even if I were to get denied I wouldn't complain about it. I would just try getting the deal a day or two later.

anybody know if its difficult to cancel a Target preorder after the deal? Would do this Tomb Raider deal and preorder GTA V but dont want to keep the preorder at Target since I can use credit on Amazon for it instead.
The pre-order @ Target is not tied to you or anything. It just holds a copy. Don't pick it up, eat the $1 and call it a day.

anybody know if its difficult to cancel a Target preorder after the deal? Would do this Tomb Raider deal and preorder GTA V but dont want to keep the preorder at Target since I can use credit on Amazon for it instead.
Cmon dude. Seriously? Just toss the card and rejoice in the fact you got it for $1. That's what I'm doing.

Why in the world would you call customer relations?
Are you asking why he called in the sense of "what can they do?" or are you like us thinking why bring attention to it? If the latter, I'm surprised. I always thought you frowned upon taking advantage of glitches and such.

Are you asking why he called in the sense of "what can they do?" or are you like us thinking why bring attention to it? If the latter, I'm surprised. I always thought you frowned upon taking advantage of glitches and such.
maybe he has finally been corrupted, to join the dark side. lol

Both actually.

To me this is a loophole and not something you have to lie to get so its not shady. I thought someone said it was target policy anyway. Its a good deal if you can get it. I just think its silly to make a federal case out of it when you don't get it. And obviously not abuse it by getting like 10 copies. I hate those people.

That being said, I was at target looking for the steelbook today. Didn't want to bother with the hassle of pming and adding the reservation card. I figure TR will be $10 by Black Friday and my backlog is ridiculous anyway.

If you want to play it competitively, buy it ASAP.

If you want to play it semi-seriously against other people, buy it ASAP.

If you want to play only the singleplayer content, you can wait.
If you want to play it online... good luck, hope you like getting lagged to death. Unless they fixed that, was the only reason (and getting more in TIV than I paid in the first place) I gave up my copy.

I'm glad that Tomb Raider came back in stock for shipping since my Best Buy is too far away. Picked up a copy :)

Is the Tomb Raider price good for the rest of the week?

I have to go to California in the morning and was wondering if I could wait till Thursday or Friday to pick one up or If I should just pick one up in California?

Kinda lame! I picked up at Target for $10.99 plus taxes  now the price is drop down $10 :(   Oh well $10 for steelbook is not bad deal ")

Just ordered Tomb Radier (PS3) for $19.99 at BBY.com. Thanks OP!

On a side note, since when does BBY have free shipping?!?!?! That's pretty cool, especially since it does not have a minimum amount that you have to spend. That should help them compete with Amazon.

Just ordered Tomb Radier (PS3) for $19.99 at BBY.com. Thanks OP!

On a side note, since when does BBY have free shipping?!?!?! That's pretty cool, especially since it does not have a minimum amount that you have to spend. That should help them compete with Amazon.
Since this time last year I believe.

I went to target, got tomb raider, had it price matched. Had a reservation card. Did it the exact same way I have always done it. The discount didn't come off. Instead of taking it off the transaction, I walked outside then walked back in and returned it. I don't know why it didn't work. Oh well.
It was a no go for me the person PM it at target said regular price was $49.99, the reservation card I got took off $20 making it $29.99, PMing it took another $10 down. So what's the point of pre-ordering a game alone when you can just PM to make it $19.99?

It was a no go for me the person PM it at target said regular price was $49.99, the reservation card I got took off $20 making it $29.99, PMing it took another $10 down. So what's the point of pre-ordering a game alone when you can just PM to make it $19.99?
Lol you messed up. You price match THEN scan the card to take 20 off.

You did it in the wrong order. PM first, and then you give them the reservation card. Register automatically takes $20 off giving you the game for free. You only pay for reservation card.

Holy smokes this dude was serious.

You did it in the wrong order. PM first, and then you give them the reservation card. Register automatically takes $20 off giving you the game for free. You only pay for reservation card.
Sounds kinda like double dipping to me. Either way the person that helped the girl confirming the PM was an assistant manager, he wouldn't honor getting the game for $1, when he rang up the deal.

YMMV for those who want to PM this deal along with TRU buy 3 for $30 as well.

What games are eligible for $1 reservation $20 off gift card? Just tomb raider? I want to get bioshock
:360: :ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14$59.99

:360: :ps3: Bioshock Infinite $59.99

:360: :ps3: Injustice Gods Among US $59.99

:360: :ps3: Tomb Raider $49.99

You can get the 360 version for $10 or PS3 version for $20 if you can get them to price match Amazon and then use the reservation gift card. If they don't price match Amazon, I know for a fact you can PM Best Buy and both versions will only cost you $20.

Didn't realize could snag Bioshock too. Dammit lol now up to three games.

So my TR I ordered off BBY yesterday for store pickup....I had my name listed. Payed via PayPal and it defaulted to my mom picking up instead of me. Is that going to be an issue when I go to get it?

bread's done
Back