Tomb Raider (PS3 and 360) $19.99, WoW: Panderia $19.99, Dead Island Riptide (PS3 and 360)$27.99, SC II $19.99 at Best Buy

:360: :ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14$59.99

:360: :ps3: Bioshock Infinite $59.99

:360: :ps3: Injustice Gods Among US $59.99

:360: :ps3: Tomb Raider $49.99

You can get the 360 version for $10 or PS3 version for $20 if you can get them to price match Amazon and then use the reservation gift card. If they don't price match Amazon, I know for a fact you can PM Best Buy and both versions will only cost you $20.
Best Buy is showing both versions at $20, so wouldn't this be $1 at Target after PM and pre-order?

I got shut down with Tomb Raider, went through but they refused to let me price match and use the $1 reservation card. The ogre working there stated that I had to pay $20. Anyway I can buy both Bioshock infinite and Tomb Raider and use $1 (2x) reservation cards to get them both @ $22?

Maybe I should have bought something else too when I tried to price match. Will try a different store or try at a later time. Anyone had any trouble?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds kinda like double dipping to me. Either way the person that helped the girl confirming the PM was an assistant manager, he wouldn't honor getting the game for $1, when he rang up the deal.

YMMV for those who want to PM this deal along with TRU buy 3 for $30 as well.
It is double-dipping technically, but their system allows it. Only thing that prevents you from getting the deal is if you ring up the items in the wrong order or if you get an over zealous employee or manager. At my local Target I've taken advantage of the PM + $20 off with reservation of select game on Dead Space 3, Skylander Giants (also used coupon from McD), and now Tomb Raider. Luckily the managers at my Target are fairly laid back and don't really care.

The PM deal at TRU to get the 3 for $30 is technically double-dipping too, so I'm still not sure what your point is...

I posted this last goround too, but if you get them to ring it up in the right order, just swipe your credit/debit/gift card after it totals out. It should immediately say "approved" on the swipe pad, and I doubt they would post void the transaction.

You are pre-ordering a future game (such as GTA V) to get the $20 off. Whether you pick up that pre-order when released is up to you.
That's the missing part of all this - got it. Thanks man. For some reason, the pre-ordering menu on the site kept giving me previously released games. Appreciate the help.

You have to buy the game and preorder either Madden 25, AC: Blackflag, GTA V, or Battlefield 4 to get the $20 off. It's in the weekly ad that you can view on Target.com...
Right - that wasn't showing on the site for some reason. The pre-order page listed Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite, which just threw me way off. The advertisement itself was correct, but I missed seeing it.

Forgive me - retrospectively, it bothers me to have asked such an easily answered question.

so every tomb raider bought at target comes with a steel book?
Yes, well that's all that my Target has. Every Tomb Raider is in a Steelbook.

Also, my advice to everyone is to make sure the pre-order card you're getting has the little advertisement popping out next to the price saying you will get $20 off select games if you purchase it along with the card blah blah. Even though it says 'any' reservation for $1, I've heard some people doing the correct steps but not getting the discount. I used Fifa 14 for the PS3 as my card.

so is it confirmed the collectors edition is $20 too?
Yes all versions of tomb raider are 19.99
If anyone else is heading to a store today, can you confirm pricing on the CE please?

I just tried checking out CE at my store and it didn't ring up anywhere near 19.99. I'm not sure if it's store specific or if they changed the pricing on this edition since yesterday.

If anyone else is heading to a store today, can you confirm pricing on the CE please?

I just tried checking out CE at my store and it didn't ring up anywhere near 19.99.  I'm not sure if it's store specific or if they changed the pricing on this edition since yesterday.
it is because you would need them to price match the sku of the regular version, which is $19.99. Due to their system glitch. since the sku for the regular edition is removed.

it is because you would need them to price match the sku of the regular version, which is $19.99. Due to their system glitch. since the sku for the regular edition is removed.
Huh, what? Why would they pm the CE to the regular edition? The CE scans fine in their system, and they're both completely different items with different content. What justification would I have to ask them to pm? If the CE didn't scan, then I can see it happening....

Huh, what?  Why would they pm the CE to the regular edition?  The CE scans fine in their system, and they're both completely different items with different content.  What justification would I have to ask them to pm?  If the CE didn't scan, then I can see it happening....
that is how the one guy got the ce for $19.99, by price matching.

that is how the one guy got the ce for $19.99, by price matching.
Just to be clear, are we talking about going to Best Buy to pm the CE edition to the 19.99 sale price of the regular edition? Or did he go to Target/Walmart/etc. to do the pm?

If it's the latter, then I totally misread and I'm stupid. Lol. If it's the former, then it makes no sense to me why anyone would allow that.

Just to be clear, are we talking about going to Best Buy to pm the CE edition to the 19.99 sale price of the regular edition?  Or did he go to Target/Walmart/etc. to do the pm?

If it's the latter, then I totally misread and I'm stupid.  Lol.  If it's the former, then it makes no sense to me why anyone would allow that.
yes, you have to find some employee who is willing to pm the $19.99 price, which is ymmv. LOL
that is what the poster said

:360: :ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14$59.99

:360: :ps3: Bioshock Infinite $59.99

:360: :ps3: Injustice Gods Among US $59.99

:360: :ps3: Tomb Raider $49.99

You can get the 360 version for $10 or PS3 version for $20 if you can get them to price match Amazon and then use the reservation gift card. If they don't price match Amazon, I know for a fact you can PM Best Buy and both versions will only cost you $20.
How can you get 360 Bioshock for $10? It's $39.99 at BB and Amazon unless I'm reading this wrong.

yes, you have to find some employee who is willing to pm the $19.99 price, which is ymmv. LOL
that is what the poster said
Ok. Yeah, that's extremely YMMV. With everyone talking about the CE, I thought maybe BB did a blanket reset of prices on all Tomb Raider games to 19.99 and hence I thought CE would automatically scan at the register. Carry on. Nothing to see here people. Lol.

Tomb Raider is definitely worth the $20. Anyone's thoughts on Dead Island?
It is if you got the CE for $20 out of pocket with that epic B2G1 coupon. Although according to the devs Riptide is NOT the same game as the first. It's in a different setting at least. I look at it this way. If people will pay money every year for Madden or COD, why is it such a big deal if another game does the same thing and makes a sequel a year or so from the original?

Just got TR for a dollar. ymmv. Here's how I did it.

Have the BBY ad from the website on phone or printout.

Get the game and the pre order card with $20off

Grab some more stuff (3 or 4 items) doesn't matter if you need them or not. The more the better to distract the cashier from the deal.

price match the game from the cashier or the manager whoever need to override it.

Let the cashier scan TR first, then some items, then the pre order card ( don't mention about the $20 off on the card, it takes off automatically), then some more items.

That way the cashier may not notice and give you trouble about the double dipping shenanigan and you don't just walk out with a game and a card for a dollar that rise suspicion. Later you can return all the other stuff if you want.

Good luck.

Just PM'd BestBuy at Target and used the $1 pre-order deal for CoD Ghosts to get out the door at $1.08 for 360 steelbook.  Had to get rung up at Customer Service and just showed them the price from BB on my phone, which at the time was showing $19.99 - in stock for xbox 360.  After getting rung up they did a quadruple take with a few other employees and OK'd it after a bit.  Wowza, extreme couponing ftw!

I honestly feel a bit dirty having done this :(

Looking through their corporate policy, the PM and preorder trick technically shouldn't even go through simply because they offer a gift card with the preorder offer.

Price Match Guarantee: exclusions

Price exclusions:

• “Marketplace” prices:  Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
  • Prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
  • Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
  • Prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off.
  • Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
  • Buy one, get one if the retail price is not shown in the advertisement.
  • Competitor coupon-required.
  • Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
  • Mail-in offers or instant rebates.
  • Offers that include financing.
  • Free product where no qualifying purchase is required.
  • Bundled offers and special purchases.
  • Sales tax promotions.
https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise#q4071

It is double-dipping technically, but their system allows it. Only thing that prevents you from getting the deal is if you ring up the items in the wrong order or if you get an over zealous employee or manager. At my local Target I've taken advantage of the PM + $20 off with reservation of select game on Dead Space 3, Skylander Giants (also used coupon from McD), and now Tomb Raider. Luckily the managers at my Target are fairly laid back and don't really care.

The PM deal at TRU to get the 3 for $30 is technically double-dipping too, so I'm still not sure what your point is...
It is double dipping! Wouldn't you think that if every CAG on here gets Tomb Raider for $1, Target would not be raising any eyebrows?

My point is it's YMMV to whoever is working to accept the deal.

Looking through their corporate policy, the PM and preorder trick technically shouldn't even go through simply because they offer a gift card with the preorder offer.

Price exclusions:

• “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
  • Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
  • Paid membership club or paid loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card that is associated with a membership fee).
  • Competitor price matches on items where Target or the competitor is offering a free gift card.
  • Sales tax promotions.
https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise#q4071
Target is offering the giftcard IF/WHEN you pick-up the pre-order. Not when buying the game and reservation card.

Price exclusions:

• “Marketplace” prices: Price matched items must be sold by Walmart.com, Amazon.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, or BabiesRUs.com; prices from third party sellers on these websites will not be honored.
  • Clearance, closeout, damaged product, used, refurbished, open packages or liquidation sales.
  • Sales tax promotions.
That isn't the only reason. The policy on Price Matching with a Target promo is to apply the promo first, if the price is still above a competitors price they then price match down to the competitors price. If it is lower then they do not price match. Why someone cannot get the software running the registers to match their corporate policy is beyond me. I would think the $$$ it takes to get their POS software to match their corporate policy would be made up by the money they would stop losing because their own employees do not know the policy or people try to slip the pre-order card in there. Someone at corporate HAS to know this goes on. During the skylanders deal for $11 one Target told me they had just get a memo from corporate about that game specifically and were told not to price match and give the pre-order promo. I know their board of directors might have bigger things going on but somebody somewhere in the chain of command must be able to fix this. Personally I hope they never do, but the business man in me is screaming at why this wasn't fixed years ago, or at least once price-match became permanent. Or at least train your employees better, half the time they do not know who they price match and some don't even know they do. I have ran into a bunch of employees at guest services before that say "Wow, never had to do this before" and had to call over a manager to show them how.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise#q1976

"Target coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price."

The promo card is looked at as a Target coupon. Though manufacturer's coupons are applied AFTER the price match, so for those Target's rejecting the McDonalds Skylander coupon because it was double dipping with price match, they were wrong as it was a manufacturer's coupon. It pays to know the policy.

"Combining both Target and manufacturer coupons: the Target coupon will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price. Once the price match is made the manufacturer coupon will be applied."

That isn't the only reason. The policy on Price Matching with a Target promo is to apply the promo first, if the price is still above a competitors price they then price match down to the competitors price. If it is lower then they do not price match. Why someone cannot get the software running the registers to match their corporate policy is beyond me. I would think the $$$ it takes to get their POS software to match their corporate policy would be made up by the money they would stop losing because their own employees do not know the policy or people try to slip the pre-order card in there. Someone at corporate HAS to know this goes on. During the skylanders deal for $11 one Target told me they had just get a memo from corporate about that game specifically and were told not to price match and give the pre-order promo. I know their board of directors might have bigger things going on but somebody somewhere in the chain of command must be able to fix this. Personally I hope they never do, but the business man in me is screaming at why this wasn't fixed years ago, or at least once price-match became permanent. Or at least train your employees better, half the time they do not know who they price match and some don't even know they do. I have ran into a bunch of employees at guest services before that say "Wow, never had to do this before" and had to call over a manager to show them how.

https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise#q1976

Target coupons: Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

The promo card is looked at as a Target coupon. Though manufacturer's coupons are applied AFTER the price match, so for those Target's rejecting the McDonalds Skylander coupon because it was double dipping with price match, they were wrong as it was a manufacturer's coupon. It pays to know the policy.
All it takes is one Jr detective and your screwed, too bad the computer doesn't think like an actual person!

All target would have to do is either 1) train their employee's better or 2) hire someone to fix the computers that let it go against policy. Their loss. What I hate is managers who deny based on a "There is no way it should be that cheap" gut feeling and not on policy. Quote policy and reject me, don't deny me a good deal because you think it is too good. Shows which managers know their stuff and which don't.

I was able to get the deal at Target for a total of $1.  The first attempt totaled $1 and the concerned employee asked a manager who said they wouldn't do it (not quoting policy but just saying the amount was too low).  My second attempt at a different store included other purchases so the total was much higher than a dollar and the employee didn't question it.  The point is, you will probably have much more luck by not drawing attention to it if you buy other items at the same time.

Personally, I think that these companies who come up with special pricing, promos, and policies should either eliminate special promos or align their entire system to work in the way they intend.  I don't feel too sorry for Target or other companies that create artificial incentives and then it backfires on them for poor implementation or poor planning.  If I am only getting this deal because of the order of items in which I check out, that's a pretty lousy system to have in 2013.

BB sale should be until midnight on Saturday online. Maybe Pacific Midnight? Not sure exactly, but through Saturday. The Target $20 off select games with pre-order card is also until Saturday but is instore only so good until the last Target closes near you.

For those trading TR to amazon, trading it to GS and getting kindle cards is actually better.

2 of each at Amazon gets $77.xx, while GS gets $78.xx

Not much difference value wise, but you don't have to risk Amazon rejecting them or anything.

Was able to get the deal at Target too.

1x Regular PS3 copy

2x Xbox 360 Steelbooks.

Wish the TIV didn't plummet at BB would've got $35 each :(

There were a few more Xbox copies at the store so I didn't take them. People still want the game and the employees were shocked about the deal. Told them about Cheapassgamer too. Might go tomorrow and try other games.

once target corporate sends out a memo about this exploit, it will be dead. so you better get on this as soon as possible.

1x Regular PS3 copy

2x Xbox 360 Steelbooks.

There were a few more Xbox copies at the store so I didn't take them. People still want the game and the employees were shocked about the deal. Told them about Cheapassgamer too. Might go tomorrow and try other games.
How did you manage to do three on the same transaction? I already got it to work once with the 360 version but I want to get two PS3 versions. Did you have them price match the games, and then hand them the 3 cards?

They price matched and I gave them the cards.

The clerks didn't mind. The system automatically adds on the discount. No manager override or anything.

it was two separate transactions because I never checked the 360 area for the steels so I ran back in and bought two

once target corporate sends out a memo about this exploit, it will be dead. so you better get on this as soon as possible.
It will definitely die if people keep doing things like the guy below. See bold portion.

1x Regular PS3 copy

2x Xbox 360 Steelbooks.

bread's done
Back