Tomb Raider (PS3 and 360) $19.99, WoW: Panderia $19.99, Dead Island Riptide (PS3 and 360)$27.99, SC II $19.99 at Best Buy

Well, by default, I respect mostly everyone I don't know, which includes cashiers of random retail stores so I tend to care what they think.

The reason I don't give a crap what some people on cag (and I stress some) is because they've already shown themselves to be... less than respect worthy... so who cares what they think. I hope I'm explaining myself right.

Anyway I just really want a damn steelbook TR for $20.
That us because you are aware of more than how the situation affects you. Seems a lot of individuals only care that they get a game for $1, or flip five copies to make some extra cash. There is no thought for how it affects the company, managers, employees.

I'd rather pay the $20 and not take part in this scam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just instantly denied at Target by, seemingly, a manager. So it's still YMMV.

They didn't say that it wouldn't work in their system, they just said they wouldn't do it.

@WNYX - that's the whole point of marketing. That's like lamenting that they should just package everything in plain white boxes instead of tricking people into buying stuff with their fancy labels and shit.

I swear it feels like half of cag lives in this weird world where only they get to benefit from commerce and that companies should only make a penny margin from sales of goods.
You're missing the point. Marketing is fine and special promotions are fine. Just don't dish it out if you can't take it. If Target or other retailers are going to come up with "clever" ways to make me spend money at their stores, they should expect their shoppers to take advantage of the best value available to them. If they can't figure out how to make their system limit the transaction based on what price and profitability they think they need, they shouldn't have other incentives in place that can mess up their intent.

Best Buy is a good example of this. I can't get a price match and use a coupon at Best Buy because their system won't allow it. Not because an employee is supposed to watch for a "reasonable" price, but because their computer system is programmed that way. Why isn't Target expected to do the same if they don't want that business?

You're missing the point. Marketing is fine and special promotions are fine. Just don't dish it out if you can't take it. If Target or other retailers are going to come up with "clever" ways to make me spend money at their stores, they should expect their shoppers to take advantage of the best value available to them. If they can't figure out how to make their system limit the transaction based on what price and profitability they think they need, they shouldn't have other incentives in place that can mess up their intent.

Best Buy is a good example of this. I can't get a price match and use a coupon at Best Buy because their system won't allow it. Not because an employee is supposed to watch for a "reasonable" price, but because their computer system is programmed that way. Why isn't Target expected to do the same if they don't want that business?
Yes it's totally their fault. It's your right and your duty to teach big bad target corporation a lesson because of their carelessness. I stand corrected.

If anyone planned on just buying the 360 Steelbook version for $20. PM me, I'll charge you for $20 plus whatever it cost to ship in a bubble mailer. I have one extra copy that I have no use for.

If this is such a big issue with Target, why don't they just update their system, or at least send out a company wide memo? 

Everytime these preorder card promotions come out nothing changes.

Drove to 3 different stores across town, couldn't find any of the vanilla or steelbook copies in the first two stores. The 3rd store in Dallas has only 2 vanilla copies so I snagged one of them. The lady at the front really down to earth, she worked here for years, did many returns and refunds, but never PM ever before. I had to wait 15 minutes for the manager to teach this lady to do PM  :roll: (they scrutinize the BBY listing vs the copy I'm trying to buy for like 5 minutes). After PM and reservation card scanned, no hassle from there, all she asked was for me to pay up.

Guess she overlooked the fact I only have to pay a little over a buck for a free game that worth 50 bucks

Got Target to PM BB with the pre-order but all they had was the 360 version. I was wondering if I can exchange the 360 version I bought for a PS3 version at another store?

Got Target to PM BB with the pre-order but all they had was the 360 version. I was wondering if I can exchange the 360 version I bought for a PS3 version at another store?
Wouldn't anticipate that being an issue.

Just say it was bought for you as a gift and wrong console was purchased if they ask any questions and you don't have your receipt still.

target seems to have wisened up over the week...I was able to get 2 early, then got rejected by 2 later on the week, and snagged one more yesterday.  At the two I got turned down at, they stated they had turned down several others that day prior to me...so good luck if you are trying to grab one tomorrow before deals are gone!

Just got turned down on price match + $20 off deal. I was told right from the start it was one or the other. I got ps3 copy of Tomb Raider on Sunday for $1 though so I'm fine with it. I was trying to get a 360 copy today. I imagine these kinds of deals will probably be blocked in the future. It was good while it lasted... And likely gone partially because of that one person that complained to Target customer relations. Way to ruin it for everyone.

Just got turned down on price match + $20 off deal. I was told right from the start it was one or the other. I got ps3 copy of Tomb Raider on Sunday for $1 though so I'm fine with it. I was trying to get a 360 copy today. I imagine these kinds of deals will probably be blocked in the future. It was good while it lasted... And likely gone partially because of that one person that complained to Target customer relations. Way to ruin it for everyone.
According to people at SD, all you have to do is call customer relations and get a reference number and give that to the managers at Target who are denying you. Then they call CS themselves and get a stern talking to and told that corporate is honoring the double dip.

I'm tempted to try the one user from SD's reference number myself today or tomorrow to try and get a 360 copy for a friend after getting a PS3 version the other day while buying some other stuff.

According to people at SD, all you have to do is call customer relations and get a reference number and give that to the managers at Target who are denying you. Then they call CS themselves and get a stern talking to and told that corporate is honoring the double dip.

I'm tempted to try the one user from SD's reference number myself today or tomorrow to try and get a 360 copy for a friend after getting a PS3 version the other day while buying some other stuff.
That isn't true. I work for Target and their price match policy has always not allowed stacking. Good luck with that, you'll just be wasting your time.

i got home today and my copy of tomb raider arrived and was excited to play it all weekend and then i found out im working tomorrow lol

target seems to have wisened up over the week...I was able to get 2 early, then got rejected by 2 later on the week, and snagged one more yesterday. At the two I got turned down at, they stated they had turned down several others that day prior to me...so good luck if you are trying to grab one tomorrow before deals are gone!
And once again a few idiots are going to ruin future deals like this for all of us ...

That isn't true. I work for Target and their price match policy has always not allowed stacking. Good luck with that, you'll just be wasting your time.
Eh. It's worth a shot. The worst they can say is no.

I picked up a copy of Tomb Raider PS3 steelbook at Target today for a buck. The lady at customer service was aware of Best Buy's sale (didn't even check to verify because she already knew), and said she'd already done the price match several times this week. She even pointed out that I'd save even more with the preorder dealy.

I price matched a steebook copy of " :ps3: Tomb Raider" fo $1.00 & preordered GTA5. The game was flagged by management because some idiot tried to buy 20 copies, and the electronics guy had to radio management for permission. One copy yes, 20 copies.....NO!!

Was passing a Target and figured I give it another shot. While waiting for the electronics girl to pull TR I noticed they had the :360: 2K13 Sports Combo Pack (MLB 2K13/NBA 2K13) in the case where some other $39.99 :360: game should be. I asked her for a price check and she said it was $79.99, but she would honor the price. I turned it down, but halfway to CS I figured I could use that to "mask" my $1 TR. Sure enough they honored the price, PM'ed TR and the $1 pre-order knocked out the TR price.

Is there going to be a complete/ultimate edition rerelease of Tomb Raider? Any word on this or is it ok to go ahead and just get a copy of Tomb Raider at this pint?

This gen's bullshit ultimate edition that they release a month after the game came out when they should have included the content in the first place has really turned me off from doing any gaming.

Is there going to be a complete/ultimate edition rerelease of Tomb Raider? Any word on this or is it ok to go ahead and just get a copy of Tomb Raider at this pint?

This gen's bullshit ultimate edition that they release a month after the game came out when they should have included the content in the first place has really turned me off from doing any gaming.
If you can get the deal, get the deal. If not I would wait for the DLC to come out if you are interested in TR's DLC. That's why I didn't do the PM for Bioshock and the pre-order because I think the game will have 2 story-based DLC retailing for $15/DLC. I'll just wait for the complete/goty edition when it comes out and price drops to around $30-40.

It's a dollar...I would say its okay to get a copy. I haven't had the luck though.

i actually snagged 2 copies when it was $17 one shipped one in store pickup. Just cuz my in store pickups flaky sometimes. In store copy was fine and i got the shipped one a few days ago.

Question to anyone who had it shipped to them: My copy arrived with a big slit down the bottom of the case. It almost looks like it was opened or something which was weird. My in store copy looked fine. I was gonna exchange it the shipped copy but i dont think they have any ps3 copies in stock anymore. Im just wondering if i should be concerned.

Was denied a single copy of TR FOR PS3 today. I didnt even have the preorder thing out but was immediately told by the CS that I can only PM BestBuy or use the preorder deal but not both. I guess my Target already got word about this beforehand or something. Congrats to those who got a copy for $1.

Was denied a single copy of TR FOR PS3 today. I didnt even have the preorder thing out but was immediately told by the CS that I can only PM BestBuy or use the preorder deal but not both. I guess my Target already got word about this beforehand or something. Congrats to those who got a copy for $1.
Same thing happened to me at 2 Targets, but I drove to another far away target and got 1 360 steelbook and 1 PS3 steelbook for $2 total.

1. Square Enix isn't known for rereleasing their games like that, which is why so many people have been getting Sleeping Dogs DLC while it's on sale.

2. All of Tomb Raider's DLC is useless, anyway.

Same thing happened to me at 2 Targets, but I drove to another far away target and got 1 360 steelbook and 1 PS3 steelbook for $2 total.
Yeah I only have one target near me so I envy you guys who have multiple targets within a driving distance. Well i hope that by the time the next deal pops up, the CS at my target will have forgotten about this so that i can get in on it.

I tried at my closest store again today on the way home from the flea market. I actually had the MOD come back to electronics to ask if they would allow the deal since this was the store that denied me earlier in the week. I received a stern 'it's either one or the other'. I said thanks and that I figured I'd ask before even trying. The manager was at least nice about it compared to some of the other managers you guys have been reporting about, so I won't be a douche and try pressing the issue with corporate.

Although when I was walking out I saw him talking to the one uniformed security guy they have in the store and they both glanced back my way. So unfortunately maybe I put myself on their radar by trying a second time or at least being so upfront about it. Hopefully it won't be an issue if there's another deal like this in the future. I only went in there to try and get another copy for a fellow CAG since I already got one for myself earlier in the week at the other Target here.

I was able to get the deal for tomb raider at my target for 1 each.

They guy told me not to feel bad because he does it to and he even gets a discount so he only has to pay 50 cents. 

Hahahaha I know who to go to next time.

I price matched a steebook copy of " :ps3: Tomb Raider" fo $1.00 & preordered GTA5. The game was flagged by management because some idiot tried to buy 20 copies, and the electronics guy had to radio management for permission. One copy yes, 20 copies.....NO!!
There's always someone who pulls the douche move like that. I wonder if they were from CAG or SD... :headache:

Ha I just left target and got them to stack the reserve a game get $20 off w/ best buy 19.99 tomb raider, the managers jaw dropped when the total came out to 1.08!!! The cashier said people been doing it all week! I was fortunate to snag the last copy for 360 time to flip baby!!!

Was in the neighborhood of my nearest Target today, figure I stop in and see if they had any steelbooks left, no dice.  I could pick up a regular verison but still rather try to get the steelbook.  So if any of you who pick up a spare ps3 steelbook message me.

1. Square Enix isn't known for rereleasing their games like that, which is why so many people have been getting Sleeping Dogs DLC while it's on sale.

2. All of Tomb Raider's DLC is useless, anyway.
1. Thanks for the info. That is actually quite logical.

2. Yeah, I looked at most of it and while I might play some multiplayer, nothing seemed crucial/critical really and just add on type stuff like Hitman's guns and crap. The single bonus player content was only $3 anyhow, which might go on sale, but didn't seem worth it either. Went out today and just picked up a copy from BB. With this purchase I should get a Reward certificate and I'm too lazy to really pull off that Target magic trick. Also found Band Hero for $5 and change being clearanced out at my BB. Surprised they still had a copy, but cool since I believe it's the last Hero game I need.

bread's done
Back