Tonight is the night - YOU DOWN FOR SFII?

Is anyone else getting the establishing connection problem in quarter matches???

Me and some other CAGs are playing right now and we keep getting it like every couple rounds.

BLAHHH

[quote name='seanr1221']Is anyone else getting the establishing connection problem in quarter matches???

Me and some other CAGs are playing right now and we keep getting it like every couple rounds.

BLAHHH[/QUOTE]

yup had that problem all last nioght..... I may be on in a few if I can get my new router up and running.

I was playing created matches with a buddy of mine that lives in the next state over with ZERO lag. Capcom, you managed to milk a 15 year old game yet again :bow:

[quote name='gizmogc']Even with the lowest difficulty setting I can't even come close to beatin this game. Even the AI is cheap.[/QUOTE]

same troubles here. It's just old AI for you. Great way for kids to keep puting quarters in. I beat it, but it's a bitch.

[quote name='seanr1221']Is anyone else getting the establishing connection problem in quarter matches???

BLAHHH[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. It was like every 3-4 matches we would get that establishing connection prob. Had no lag though in all the matches we played.

For the person who said MBison is cheap. I'm guilty of trying to cheese with him. :D I was just relearning all the moves and was tired of playing as Ken.

[quote name='Morpheus']Yeah, no kidding. It was like every 3-4 matches we would get that establishing connection prob. Had no lag though in all the matches we played.

For the person who said MBison is cheap. I'm guilty of trying to cheese with him. :D I was just relearning all the moves and was tired of playing as Ken.[/QUOTE]

Atleast we established one way to avoid the connection problems is to not talk about fat people.

at least have some respect for other people. If you're going to use a cheeze character, don't spam their cheeze moves. You're going to piss off alot of people. Plus, I only say go ahead and spam those cheeze moves if the opponent is spamming those moves against you.

as soon as someone executes a punch punch throw i will begin my cheese. i've noticed that all the sub 1000 ranked players throw like crazy, 1-2 throws per round

I quit the match early when they pull that stupid fucking ehonda bullshit. I don't even mind cheap. But the ehonda + lag bullshit is ricockulous. Everyone should quit early and rep these players out of SFII!! When they can't ever finish a match with that dumb shit they'll eventually give up.

I'm surprised at how well the controls are for this game. I only use the analog joystick cause it works much better than the dpad. I can do almost all of my old combos and I don't have trouble with charge moves either.

The game also isn't as hard as everyone says it is. The AI is cheap but it's the same AI from before. All of my tricks from before worked so I was able to beat it at 7 stars. Maybe I just played too much SF2 back in the day. :)

Online has been hit and miss for me. 50% of the matches I've played have been laggy. Even connecting to people with green bars doesn't guarantee a good connection. With only a little lag there is still a reaction time difference in the game that is noticeable to me.

I've run into those cheap E.Honda players who are almost impossible to beat when it's lagging. Crouching and pressing strong punch doesn't even react fast enough before they've already hit you. You might as well forget about dragon punching if there is lag. The only way is to actually guess what they will do next. One person even used Vega on me and kept hopping around. With lag it's almost impossible to react to the speed.

Overall, a pretty good purchase but I hope playing my friend who is a couple cities away will be lagless.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']anyone need a 4th for a quarter match right now? if so send an invite plz.

also, anyone know of a site where I can see all the combos?[/quote]

Theres no real combo system to it. Never was

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Theres no real combo system to it. Never was[/quote]
I meant like the moves and stuff.... like the indian guys flamethrower and such...

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I meant like the moves and stuff.... like the indian guys flamethrower and such...[/quote]

Best I can come with is to go thru GameFAQs. I'm in too much of a NyQuil induced sedation at the moment to really do much

Did anyone's console lock up like mine did after about 4 matches in single player mode ? I couldn't do a thing. I had to physically get up and turn the 360 off and pray to the gaming gods that it came back on with no problem. It did, I was so relieved. No problems since.

I'm trying to beat it on 7 stars and I can't beat Blanka!! Jesus, it's really pissing me off...I can beat everyone else up to Blanka. After that, its like hitting a brick wall.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']agreed... him and bison.[/QUOTE]

Yes! Honda and Bison are cheap bastards!

I also had someone play me and do the old Dhalism trick feet first and the head punch over and over again. I could not get my guy to counter.

Really enjoying this game so far, despite the tough arcade mode. I wouldn't complain if, when I took all the stars off, the difficulty went down. It barely does, though.

Hey guys, what's a good counter to E. Honda's bitch-slap if I was playing as Ryu? I can't think of anything off the top of my head...

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']Hey guys, what's a good counter to E. Honda's bitch-slap if I was playing as Ryu? I can't think of anything off the top of my head...[/QUOTE]

Try spamming short jab.

[quote name='sadunclesnugglez']Hey guys, what's a good counter to E. Honda's bitch-slap if I was playing as Ryu? I can't think of anything off the top of my head...[/quote]

Well, you could block it and when he stops slapping hit him with a fireball or dragon punch. There's some timing involved though because you can't let him start slapping again...

I figured there had to be something besides fireball/d. punch. I always seem to get trapped in the corners and frantically start jamming buttons. Thanks guys!

I went out and got the DOA4 Arcade Stick today, so now I can lose knowing that my own skills got me there. I can't wait to get home and try this thing out.

[quote name='shipwreck']I went out and got the DOA4 Arcade Stick today, so now I can lose knowing that my own skills got me there. I can't wait to get home and try this thing out.[/QUOTE]

Where are you guys getting the arcade stick? At local Gamestops and EBs? It's not listed on their websites anymore.

[quote name='OGHowie']Where are you guys getting the arcade stick? At local Gamestops and EBs?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got mine at Gamestop for $39.99. Paid for it with some credit I had built up from their extra $10 deal.

Some impressions I posted elsewhere, figured I'd post em here too.

Ok just played about 15 matches online, some impressions.

Lag seems to be the same as earlier xbl 2D fighters. You fight someone with a shit connection it can be laggy, fight someone with a good connection, and it's pretty good.

Dropping issue is the same as before, which is ridiculous. Someone dropped on me in my 3rd or so match, and I got a loss for it. Not sure why the fuck Capcom can't figure this one out. Either give no win/loss if someone drops, or give the dropper the loss, and the other person a win or even nothing would be fine.

Playing in ranked matches, seems you can't create a match and invite people from your friends list. Kinda retarded, but I suppose this is done so someone with 2 360's and 2 accounts can't rack up wins. So I guess if you want to fight people you know it has to be unranked, which is not really a big deal.

You also can't see the opponents gamertag when selecting someone to fight in ranked matches. You don't see it until after the fight is over and there is no option for a rematch. I guess it's because of the same thing as above, to stop people from easily upping their stats.

And I got a lot of 'could not connect' in ranked matches. This could be due to the fact that the person already found a match though.

Lots of noobs online right now. I double perfected someone. I did run into a good Dhalsim, and since I didn't have my mic plugged in, I could hear his voice through the TV. He beat me, but after the match, he was like "good game, good game" like he was surprised to fight someone who knew what they were doing.

The Hori DOA4 stick is not that good. Better than the pad for sure, but I need to get me a custom stick for 360 built.

----------------------------------------------------------

Also listening to whatever music you want while playing this is awesome. I'm a big fan of the music in this game, but I've heard it so much over the years that it's nice to be able to pick your music.

Too bad the tournament here got cancelled for this game. Hopefully someone else starts one up.

Here's hoping for asoon to be released patch.

I just want to say it does help to do this: If you notice the person chooses E.Honda just turn on your mic and tell them to please not abuse and spam his hand slap. I've had better fights because of this.

I played 6 mathes in a row in ranked matches and all 6 where E.Honda bitch slappers. I almost one once with dhalsim. His stretchy-ness seems to be affective, also yoga fire and yoga flame for when he gets close to you.

[quote name='shipwreck']I went out and got the DOA4 Arcade Stick today, so now I can lose knowing that my own skills got me there. I can't wait to get home and try this thing out.[/QUOTE]

Please post your impressions. I too am debating on picking this up. Thanks.

I ran into a streak of 5 or 6 hundred-hand slappers in a row last night. I just used Blanka each time and jumped over it, delivered a jumping med. kick, low med. kick, into a roll. Blanka can pretty much jump over it, and his med. kick has a pretty high hit priority.

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']I meant like the moves and stuff.... like the indian guys flamethrower and such...[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize there was a gamer alive who didn't know the commands to SF 2... wow.

[quote name='Roufuss']I didn't realize there was a gamer alive who didn't know the commands to SF 2... wow.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah I was surprised at that too, but he's younger. I think his birthday was yesterday and he just turned 16 if I remember correctly.

[quote name='shipwreck']Haha, yeah I was surprised at that too, but he's younger. I think his birthday was yesterday and he just turned 16 if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

But damn, SF 2 has been re-released for years on every console, it just amazes me that he never picked it up and played it at one time or another, and that's not even counting all the variations on SF 2 that share the same moves (like SF Alpha or Capcom vs SNK 2).

[quote name='Swift900']Please post your impressions. I too am debating on picking this up. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I think the stck works great. I purchased it a while back when gamestop had them go on clearance and got a little extra discount because it was the last one in the store and it was a discounted item.

I have had it for a while and never used it until yesterday and it is really a nice stick. Buttons are nice and responsive.The stick is the ball top which works well but I would prefer something a little larger.

To do charge moves it really works well. Sonic Booms are very easy to pull off as well as other charge moves. Fireballs and dragon punches are pretty easy to pull off.

I did have problems doing flash kicks and other down to up moves.

If I was to give it a grade I would say B. Not worth retail price of $60 but if you can snag it for say $30 it would be worth it.

[quote name='flybrione']
If I was to give it a grade I would say B. Not worth retail price of $60 but if you can snag it for say $30 it would be worth it.[/QUOTE]

Luckily the retail price for the stick is $40 ;)

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Theres no real combo system to it. Never was[/quote]
Say what? There are loads of combos.

I remember at the height of SF2 Turbo's popularity, EGM and GamePro would publish pages and pages of combos.

[quote name='Roufuss']Luckily the retail price for the stick is $40 ;)[/QUOTE]

sadly the only place by me, gamecrazy, had it for $60 not $40 :(

bread's done
Back