Tony Hawk's Project 8 - General Discussion

I still play the demo of this game religiously, but I still can't come around to buying it, with so many other games higher on my list of priority.

I actually borrowed the game from a friend awhile back and made Project 8, but I only had it for about a week, so I barely have any achievements for it at the moment.

Once it drops to $30, I'll definitely consider picking it up.

Yah if you are good at this game and go for insane scores this tony hawk isn't that great for it. But it is the best looking one yet. Live sucks though, the best online tony hawk was THUG.

So I just cracked the top eight, and I figured it would give me the achievement for beating all the pro challenges, but no dice. On the stats menu it even says I've beaten 9 of 9 pro challenges. What fucking gives?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']So I just cracked the top eight, and I figured it would give me the achievement for beating all the pro challenges, but no dice. On the stats menu it even says I've beaten 9 of 9 pro challenges. What fucking gives?[/QUOTE]

I don't have the game anymore but I think it dosn't give it to you until you come back to Tony to finish it on sick.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']So I just cracked the top eight, and I figured it would give me the achievement for beating all the pro challenges, but no dice. On the stats menu it even says I've beaten 9 of 9 pro challenges. What fucking gives?[/QUOTE]

I thought they were referring to the pro-level challenges throughout the game (Amateur, Pro, Sick), and not the 9 pro skater encounters. Ro could be right though. I dunno.

I'm almost at the point where there's absolutely nothing more I can do in the game with my shaky skill level. There are some challenges I just can't get on Pro, and the idea of getting Sick on the classic challenges is enough to make me walk away right there.

Still vying for the Top 4 achievement (gotta almost be at #5 by now) and might go for the secret spot achievement.

Anybody have any suggestions for the best places to try to get the 15 broken bones achievement?

[quote name='Scobie']I thought they were referring to the pro-level challenges throughout the game (Amateur, Pro, Sick), and not the 9 pro skater encounters. Ro could be right though. I dunno.

I'm almost at the point where there's absolutely nothing more I can do in the game with my shaky skill level. There are some challenges I just can't get on Pro, and the idea of getting Sick on the classic challenges is enough to make me walk away right there.

Still vying for the Top 4 achievement (gotta almost be at #5 by now) and might go for the secret spot achievement.

Anybody have any suggestions for the best places to try to get the 15 broken bones achievement?[/quote]

Go find the youtube video of someone doing a grind into the construction elevator near the capital and then hitting the self wipeout button combo instantly after teleporting. This should throw your body almost straight down and is a guaranteed way to get it (assuming you time it just right).

There is still one more. Before you get to rank #4 Tony Hawk challenges you, and that is the last pro challenge. It is also what gets you to rank #4 as well, so you essentially get to achievements in one right there.

I got $28 trade-in for this plus an additional 50% extra which made it $42 trade-in at GameCrazy :) It was fun for a while I gotta admit. Can't wait for SKATE :)

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I got $28 trade-in for this plus an additional 50% extra which made it $42 trade-in at GameCrazy :) It was fun for a while I gotta admit. Can't wait for SKATE :)[/quote]

I agree. After watching those videos, it looks like Tony Hawk is dead to me.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I got $28 trade-in for this plus an additional 50% extra which made it $42 trade-in at GameCrazy :) It was fun for a while I gotta admit. Can't wait for SKATE :)[/quote]

Holy crap!!! I guess I'm trading mine in. Sad to see it go but at the price I'll only need to spend $18 to upgrade to the next one!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I got $28 trade-in for this plus an additional 50% extra which made it $42 trade-in at GameCrazy :) It was fun for a while I gotta admit. Can't wait for SKATE :)[/QUOTE]

I sold a copy on ebay for $24. The game is still holding some value. THAW still costs $20.

[quote name='Graystone']I sold a copy on ebay for $24. The game is still holding some value. THAW still costs $20.[/QUOTE]

That's amazing to me, given that it's one of the most notorious franchises for massive and quick price drops.

Wish I had a GameCrazy around here... just EB/GS and GR, the latter apparently dying a slow death.

I am having troubles with the tutorial part of the game. Holding the manual for 5 seconds. It isn't registering that I am balancing for 5 seconds. Any help would be awesome.

bread's done
Back